As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Modern Warfare 2: Complete map collection in OP! (NSF56K)

• The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    PikaPuff wrote: »
    Willeth wrote: »
    Know what I love? That there's an Airplane! quote in every MW game so far.
    whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat example please

The post-credits airplane mission in COD4 started with 'surely you can't be serious?' 'I am, and dont call me Shirley'

The_Scarab on
  • Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Aegeri wrote: »
    Big Isy wrote: »
    CyborgZeta wrote: »
    The_Scarab wrote: »
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    I don't understand the Navy's full blown obsession with shelling the Gulag, even though there's an operation going on at the moment.

"Hold on dammit.. we got guys in there"

"but we wanna shoot our guuuuuuunnnnssssss!"
    I assume it has something to do with Shepard

Yes. To the spoiler.
    Wait.
    So Shepherd ordered the Navy to bombard the Gulag? I thought it was just because the Navy was pissed off that their country was invaded.

If you've finished the campaign then it makes much more sense.

No.
    Doesn't he want you dead?

Big Classy on
  • Inter_dInter_d Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    PikaPuff wrote: »
    Willeth wrote: »
    Know what I love? That there's an Airplane! quote in every MW game so far.
    whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat example please

The post-credits airplane mission in COD4 started with 'surely you can't be serious?' 'I am, and dont call me Shirley'

what's the quote in this one then?

Inter_d on
    edited November 2009
    I don't understand the Navy's full blown obsession with shelling the Gulag, even though there's an operation going on at the moment.

Yes. To the spoiler.
    Wait.
    So Shepherd ordered the Navy to bombard the Gulag? I thought it was just because the Navy was pissed off that their country was invaded.

No.
    He's manipulating Makarov for his own ends. By encouraging a fierce attack on the Gulag he is not directly trying to kill you, he's trying to stop you finding the prisoner because he, we assume, knows who it is and how he will ultimately lead to his downfall.

The_Scarab on
  • AnalrapistAnalrapist Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

Yes. To the spoiler.
    Wait.

No.

I dunno, it made lots of sense to me just from the tone of Shepherds voice. Once I heard it I was all like "Oh, he's the badguy" He knew the SAS were getting close to fingering him in the whole scheme of things and hoped they'd just be collateral damage.

Analrapist on
    CheeseSticks15.png
  • T3rryT3rry Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

Yes. To the spoiler.
    Wait.

No.
    sheperd knew price owuld help you figure out his scam
    why do we use spoiler tags? anybody in here either WANTS to be spoiled, or is already done the campaign long ago.

T3rry on
  • StigmaStigma Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    T3rry wrote: »

Yes. To the spoiler.
    Wait.

No.
    sheperd knew price owuld help you figure out his scam
    why do we use spoiler tags? anybody in here either WANTS to be spoiled, or is already done the campaign long ago.

Some people are in here discussing multiplayer but haven't completed the campaign. There's a chance that they don't want it spoiled because some people think the storyline is important.

I am not any of the people I just mentioned.

Stigma on
    YHWHYinYangblueblackblueborder.jpg
  • KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    SammyF wrote: »
    I remember seeing a British infantry fireteam stack up outside a house in a town outside of Um Quasr. One guy hit the door, a second guy threw in a flashbang, and a third crossed the threshold into the room -- THEN the flashbang went off. A newsteam from BBC happened to be there, filming the third guy running out of the room, one side of his body ablaze.

Almost entirely non-dangerous. Almost.

Well,they were a FIREteam after all. Mission Accomplishes

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • SammyFSammyF Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    So hey. HEY.

I just did well in a multiplayer match at this game. I freely admit that I suck balls like a professional most of the time, but I totally just rocked a domination match in scrapyard -- I was getting one or two kills for every one of my deaths right up until the end, when I walked into the warehouse containing B, killed the flag defender, capped the CP and then found a shady spot from which I shot four guys who ran in trying to get the flag back.

By this point I'd run out of ammo for my SCAR-H, but I had a predator strike. I landed the missile right outside the warehouse as the same four guys came back. The subsequent harrier strike killed another couple. Unfortunately time ran out before I could call in the AC-130, which makes me sad, but we won, which makes it okay.

It's the first time I legitimately felt like I'm not just okay, but actually GOOD at this game, so I wanted to share my joy.

SammyF on
  • PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    So hey. HEY.

I just did well in a multiplayer match at this game. I freely admit that I suck balls like a professional most of the time, but I totally just rocked a domination match in scrapyard -- I was getting one or two kills for every one of my deaths right up until the end, when I walked into the warehouse containing B, killed the flag defender, capped the CP and then found a shady spot from which I shot four guys who ran in trying to get the flag back.

By this point I'd run out of ammo for my SCAR-H, but I had a predator strike. I landed the missile right outside the warehouse as the same four guys came back. The subsequent harrier strike killed another couple. Unfortunately time ran out before I could call in the AC-130, which makes me sad, but we won, which makes it okay.

It's the first time I legitimately felt like I'm not just okay, but actually GOOD at this game, so I wanted to share my joy.

This reminds me, I really should use frags more, since chucking one in CoD4 and seeing +40 was an awesome feeling. I still love the TI, but I keep forgetting to use it in the heat of battle.

PaperLuigi44 on
  • StigmaStigma Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    So hey. HEY.

This reminds me, I really should use frags more, since chucking one in CoD4 and seeing +40 was an awesome feeling. I still love the TI, but I keep forgetting to use it in the heat of battle.

Semtex ftw.

Stigma on
    YHWHYinYangblueblackblueborder.jpg
  • BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Honestly, I can't get the hang of Semtex. I just love cooking grenades so they go off right in someone's face too much.

Bursar on
    GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Throwing knife or gtfo.

Burtletoy on
    edited November 2009
    So hey. HEY.

horray for today's society (and this game specifically) rewarding mediocrity.

T3rry on
  • PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Stigma wrote: »
    So hey. HEY.

Semtex ftw.

One of my favourite moments in CoD4 was a TDM in Overgrown, where I attempted to chuck a frag into that little attic window only for it to just miss and bounce back. I of course ran the fuck away, but not before seeing +10 appear on my screen. Clearly some dude was trying to knife me and ran into the rebounded frag.

I would do anything to get the killcam footage of that.

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Kris_xKKris_xK Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I still want to know if C4 sticks to other players. Yes, I know Semtex does but its just not the same.

Kris_xK on
    calvinhobbessleddingsig2.gif
  • 0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    So hey. HEY.

I can't tell if you're being an asshole, but if you are, quit being a fucking asshole. Someone did well at the game for once and you won't even let them have their moment.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Apparently all Australians favorite Attorney General Michael Atkinson is trying to get Modern Warfare 2 banned post release. Not the best thing to try on a community who were given night vision goggles in their limited edition pack.

-Loki- on
  • 0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    -Loki- wrote: »
    Apparently all Australians favorite Attorney General Michael Atkinson is trying to get Modern Warfare 2 banned post release. Not the best thing to try on a community who were given night vision goggles in their limited edition pack.

Haha, "Virtual Terrorists"

Idiots. If people wanted to convert and blow up your country, they wouldn't look in a video game for recruitment. You have the option to even skip "that" mission.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
    edited November 2009
    So hey. HEY.

I can't tell if you're being an asshole, but if you are, quit being a fucking asshole. Someone did well at the game for once and you won't even let them have their moment.
    yeah, i'm an asshole, get over it.

T3rry on
    edited November 2009
    At what fucking point in the campaign did we get points for killing civilians? Or for that matter, at what point did we get points full stop?

I doubt it will go through, though.

PaperLuigi44 on
    edited November 2009
    At what fucking point in the campaign did we get points for killing civilians? Or for that matter, at what point did we get points full stop?

Is there an arcade mode of the campaign like in MW1? You get points for shooting mans.

Actually I'll check, brb.

Edit: I checked, and no, there isn't an arcade version.

So this guy has both A) never played this game and B) is spouting bullshit to get the anal-retentive on his side.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

L4D2 went through.

It still boggles me how they let this slide but not L4D2.

The Cow King on
    icGJy2C.png
  • PancakePancake Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    So hey. HEY.

Maybe you should try harder to be a likable person like me.

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
    edited November 2009
  • Missing a LeggMissing a Legg Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

L4D2 went through.

You know those times when your boss catches you doing nothing on the clock, and you just grab the first thing you can think of to work on.

Missing a Legg on
    GT:Missing a legg
    PSN:Missing_a_legg
  • CommunistCowCommunistCow Abstract Metal ThingyRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    moocow wrote: »
    Hence why photographers are the most dangerous people in the world.

Yea I might have to sick these puppies on you:
    3849542747_8a2850d5f0_o.jpg

CommunistCow on
    No, I am not really communist. Yes, it is weird that I use this name.
  • Kris_xKKris_xK Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Pancake wrote: »
    So hey. HEY.

He can't, hes currently being edgy.
    thumb-gangsters.jpg

Kris_xK on
    calvinhobbessleddingsig2.gif
    edited November 2009

L4D2 went through.

Especially considering the violence they were so antsy about featured prominently in another game. What was it? God, my memory is failing me to- oh right, Fallout 3.

PaperLuigi44 on
    edited November 2009
    Kris_xK wrote: »
    So hey. HEY.

He can't, hes currently being edgy.
    thumb-gangsters.jpg

That has to be the ugliest kid I have ever seen.

PaperLuigi44 on
  • JokermanJokerman Everything EverywhereRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    So hey. HEY.

yeah, i'm an ball-less douchebag, get over it.

Jokerman on
    edited November 2009

L4D2 went through.

Especially considering the violence they were so antsy about featured prominently in another game. What was it? God, my memory is failing me to- oh right, Fallout 3.

It depends on how you look at how the violence is depicted.
    Yes in L4D2 you're trying to survive a zombie outbreak, however one of the most featured points of that game is the fact that you have more weapons to dismember more zombies, with more gore. (Let's face it, dismembering zombies is why we play the game, kinda like Dead Rising)

In COD however that's not really the point of the game, the scene also has flat out warning when you boot it up for the first time telling youit's there, it's graphic and that you might not like it. You don't have to even see it if you don't want to.

*edit - ps:* I'm just playing Devil's advocate here. But that's probably how they view the whole situation.

Analrapist on
    CheeseSticks15.png
    edited November 2009
    Analrapist wrote: »

L4D2 went through.

Yes in L4D2 you're trying to survive a zombie outbreak, however one of the most featured points of that game is the fact that you have more weapons to dismember more zombies, with more gore. (Let's face it, dismembering zombies is why we play the game, kinda like Dead Rising)

In COD however that's not really the point of the game, the scene also has flat out warning when you boot it up for the first time telling youit's there, it's graphic and that you might not like it. You don't have to even see it if you don't want to.

*edit - ps:* I'm just playing Devil's advocate here. But that's probably how they view the whole situation.

Maybe, but my money's still on 'Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children!'

PaperLuigi44 on
    edited November 2009

L4D2 went through.

The children that can't buy the game without their parents buying it for them.

Sigh.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • PancakePancake Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

L4D2 went through.

Sigh.

Everyone should just calm down. It's Australia. I can explain everything for you.

Michael Atkinson is drunk. That's all.

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
    edited November 2009

L4D2 went through.

Sigh.

Everyone should just calm down. It's Australia. I can explain everything for you.

Michael Atkinson is drunk. That's all.

You also forgot, Steve Irwin is dead and they're still bitter over that. I heard they banned stingrays.

*too soon?*

Analrapist on
    CheeseSticks15.png
    edited November 2009
    Too soon Analrapist!

PaperLuigi44 on
    edited November 2009

L4D2 went through.

Sigh.

exactly, i don't really see what the point of the ESRB is... they put rating on games so people can make thier own decisions based on that rating, and then still don't let anybody make thier own decisions.

T3rry on
    edited November 2009
    Since I equipped the Tactical Nuke my scores have increased tremendously.

I mean, I'm nowhere near good enough to ever use it, much less bank on it being a valuable asset to my killsteak arsenal, but it's a goddam powerful motivator and has really curbed my 'I just got killed and now I'm going to rush right into the battle' tactic which has always made the last few minutes of a match super costly.

Harrier and then AC130 is a great combo. Getting to six kills is no problem for anyone if you camp from the round start, or even just play cautiously and be a respawn beacon for your team. Get a kill with the initial bombing run, and you only need three from the jet to get to the AC130.

I think it's a good balance but of course, 25 kills is way out of my reach. But like I said, when it's there you just hold back on the more rash strategies and it's really improved my tactical play.

The_Scarab on
    edited November 2009
    Alright, by perfect timing, I now have to head off to work to sell games to people in the hope that they become brainwashed. Give me a sec to get the new thread up.

PaperLuigi44 on