As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Modern Warfare 2: Still not realistic. (Please lock) (NSF56K)

PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity.Registered User regular
edited December 2009 in Games and Technology
But damn is it good fun.

MODERNWARFARETITLE.png

Hello and welcome to the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 thread! While posting here and playing with other people remember:

a) Have fun.
b) Don’t be a dick, even if doing so accomplishes a) for you.

Ground Rules

I've PM'd Echo about these, since I don't want to come off sounding like I think I have Mod-like powers, but I'll post them in this spoiler and let you guys decide whether they sound reasonable.
Due to previous controversy, I’m setting out some rules to ensure that we all have a good time here.

-No ‘LOL Treyarch’ posts: I don’t care if your cat was run over by a Treyarch employee, this is the MW2 thread, stay on topic.

-No PC vs console arguments: We’re all here to enjoy Modern Warfare 2, so play nice, and don’t perpetuate this stereotype of internet forums.

-Keep ethical debate civil: Discussing the inner workings of a game is what these threads are all about, but once again, play nice.

On Dedicated Servers, etc: This argument appears to have died down, and while any thread on even the most AAA of games is going to have people bring up (often legitamate) gripes (like Killer Croc in Batman:AA, or No Fighting in the War Room in this thread), I would like to think that the people who have been turned off from MW2 (your call and I respect your decision) have said their piece and can leave this thread to the people who are excited about this game.

-Remember your spoiler tags!

Work-around to lack of Party Chat by Sivraj:
Sivraj wrote: »
But for anyone trying to play multiplayer with their friends, here's an alternative to party chat:

http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2009/11/09/alternative-to-party-chat-in-call-of-duty-modern-warfare-2/

From the site:
Step One: Go to Xbox.com and log in to your account
Step Two: From your profile page, click on Privacy Settings (it's just to the right of your avatar)
Step Three: The top option should say Voice and Text. Set it to Friends Only. Save.

Now whenever you play "Modern Warfare 2" multiplayer you'll only hear people you are friends with.

Basically, you set your "Voice and Text" option to Friends Only. BAM, problem solved :D. I'm not sure if you can do it from your console though. The website only explains how to do it through Xbox.com.

Multiplayer Facts
Link
Friday, 13 November 2009
Modern Warfare 2The handling of weapons has changed significantly, they have been moved to one of the game's "fastfiles", encrypted.

My ability is not enough to crack them, though others have fared better.

At least the multiplayer weapons still operate very much like their COD4 predecessors.
Weapon damage in increments of ten. Damage loss after a distance depending on the weapon type.

Testing from other sources has confirmed the use of a damage of "35" for weapons.
The intent for this is likely to make Stopping Power less "powerful".
For example, the FAL may deliver 50-35 damage. Because of this, Stopping Power's benefit is not prevalent - 50 is already two shots and 35 is three, Power bringing it up to 49 damage will still require three shots. It does appear to have at least a 1.5x headshot multiplier, similar to the M14, allowing a one headshot kill up close with Stopping Power.

Sniper rifles use the 70 damage with varying 1.5 and 1.1 multipliers.

The silencer appears to have a negative effect to sniper rifles, LMGs and possibly other weapons that do not lose damage over distance.
Also shotgun range is decreased by silencers.

Details on things that are not guns, of what was able to be ripped out of the fastfiles (so far) thanks to gagarin.

Sentry Gun has 1000 points of health.
Explosives deliver 7x their damage against a Sentry.
A Melee attack will instantly disable the Sentry.
The Sentry has the potential to fire continuously for eight seconds.
It recovers fully in four. If it "overheats", it will take eight seconds.

The UAV has 700 health and hangs around for thirty seconds.

Both Helicopters and the Pavelow have 1500 health.
The AI controlled Helicopters use three of the four same old Threat Factors.
Class Threat has been removed, presumably due to the Secondary Weapon diversity.

The Harrier has 3000 health.
Luckily, lots of things will instantly kill it (or at least really hurt it (and all other aircraft).
A Stinger, Javelin and other killstreaks (like the remote missile and AC130 guns) will instantly destroy it.
The RPG7 and AT4 will do whatever damage they do AND an extra 900 points of damage.

The AC-130 apparently only has 1000 health.
This is probably offset by the fact that it has two flare countermeasures and is way up in the air.
It lasts 40 seconds. All three guns are all available. They have a reload time of:
25mm = 1.5
40mm = 3.0
105mm = 5.0

The Care Package and Emergency Airdrop have a chance of dropping anything (except nukes).
Care Package has a much higher probability of dropping other low-Streak hardpoints, while the Emergency Airdrop evens up the chances for nearly anything up to the EMP.

On perks and a few other things:

The wait time between bursts for the FAMAS and M16 is still 0.2 seconds.

Stopping Power is still 1.4x against players.
Stopping Power Pro increases its damage against vehicles by 1.65x.

Danger Close is a bit stronger than it's predecessor, 1.4x increase in damage (rather than 1.25).

Blast Shield equipment cuts damage down to 0.45x (or 0.65?), ensuring almost always surviving anything.
Blast Shield and Danger Close will cancel each other out.
Semtex stuck to the player will ignore Blast Shield.

Commando adds 176 units of measurement to its 64 inch melee strike.
Commando Pro does indeed cut off all damage for any fall... and it appears that a lethal fall will make the player do a barrel roll instead.

Rapid Fire attachment has the same effect as Double Tap, multiplying time between shots by 0.75x (other way around, Rate of fire by 1.33x)
FMJ (Full Metal Jacket) attachment has the same effect as Deep Impact, greatly improving penetration through walls and objects.

Painkiller adds 200 health to the player. If the player suffers at least 101 points of damage while Painkiller is active... he gets a reward. Throwing knives and melee attacks will still kill in one hit.

One Man Army allows the player to change his class on the fly in 6 seconds.
One Many Army Pro cuts that down to 3. It takes the place of the secondary weapon and can not be dropped.

Sleight of Hand still cuts reload time in half. Pro halves both sighting in and out.

Lightweight will multiply movement speed by 1.1x (I dunno, that's what it reads)
Lightweight Pro will multiply the delay between sprinting and being able to attack by 0.6x.

Ninja Pro and SitRep Pro will multiply Player footstep sound by 0.25x and enemy footsteps by 4x respectively.

The problem shotgun hitscans had with cars is dealt with, damage dealt to destructibles like barrels and cars are multiplied by four.
Cars and barrels have the same health and "on fire" health drain as they do in COD4.

Awesome video time! I know I've missed some, but they can always be added later.

What about weapons, perks, etc?

Weapons/equipment list plus unlock levels courtesy of Mechanical.
Primary Weapons

Assault Rifles
4 - M4A1
1 - FAMAS
9 - SCAR-H
20 - TAR-21
28 - FAL
40 - M16A4
48 - ACR
60 - F2000
70 - AK-47

Submachine Guns
4 - MP5K
1 - UMP 45
12 - TDI Vector
24 - P90
44 - Mini Uzi

Light Machine Guns
1 - L86 LSW
4 - RPD
16 - MG4
32 - AUG HBAR
52 - M240

Sniper Rifles
2 - Barrett Light Fifty
4 - Intervention
36 - WA2000
56 - M14 EBR

2 - Riot Shield

Secondary

Machine Pistols
3 - PP2000
22 - G18
38 - M93
58 - TMP

Shotguns
1 - SPAS-12
18 - AA-12
34 - Striker
42 - Ranger
54 - M1014
67 - Model 1887

Handguns
2 - USP.45
26 - Colt Anaconda
46 - M9
62 - Desert Eagle

Launchers
1 - AT4-HS
14 - M79 x2
30 - Stinger
50 - Javelin
65 - RPG-7 X2

Equipment

4 - Frag grenade: Cookable frags
4 - Semtax: Timed stickey explosives
7 - Throwing Knife: Throwable weapon, can be picked back up
11 - Tactical Insertion: Choose spawn position
19 - Blast Shield: Increased explosive resistance
31 - Claymore: Proximity mine
43: C4: Remote explosive device

Special Grenades:
x1 Smoke
x2 Flash
x2 Stun

Sweet map pictures! Images found on this dude's photobucket account.
Afghan:
Afghan.jpg

Derail
Derail.jpg

Estate
Estate.jpg

Favela
Favela.jpg

Highrise
Highrise.jpg

Invasion
Invasion.jpg

Karachi
Karachi.jpg

Quarry
Quarry1.jpg

Rundown
Rundown1.jpg

Rust
Rust.jpg

Scrapyard
Scrapyard.jpg

Skidrow
Skidrow.jpg

SubBase
SubBase.jpg

Terminal
Terminal.jpg

Underpass
Underpass.jpg

Wasteland
Wasteland.jpg

Callsign & Emblem unlocks:

Wikia link. (Note that being a wiki means this likely isn't 100% accurate).

Primary weapon attachment list with help from Kris_xK (Secondary weapon attachment list pending):

Assault Rifles: ( M4A1, FAMAS, SCAR-H, TAR-21, FAL, M16A4, ACR, F2000, AK-47)
Grenade Launcher
Red Dot Sight
Silencer
ACOG Scope
FMJ
Shotgun
Holographic Sight
Heartbeat Sensor
Thermal
Extended Mags

Sub Machine Guns: (MP5K, UMP45, Vector, P90, Mini-Uzi)
Rapid Fire
Red Dot Sight
Silencer
ACOG Scope
FMJ
Akimbo
Holographic Sight
Thermal
Extended Mags

Light Machine Guns: (L86 LSW, RPD, MG4, AUG HBAR, M240)
Grip
Red Dot Sight
Silencer
ACOG Scope
FMJ
Holographic Sight
Heartbeat Sensor
Thermal
Extended Mags

Snipers: (Intervention, Barrett .50 cal, WA2000, M21 EBR)
Silencer
ACOG Scope
FMJ
Heartbeat Sensor
Thermal
Extended Mags

Perk list also courtesy of Mechanical (and completed with help from Kris_xK):
TIER 1
1 - Marathon: Unlimited sprint.
-Pro: Increased mantle speed. (Run 26 miles with this perk)
2 - Sleight of Hand - Faster reloading.
-Pro: Increased Aim Down Sight speed. (120 kills with this perk)
13 - Scavenger - Full resupply from dead enemies.
-Pro: Extra Mags. (100 Resupplies)
21 - Bling - 2 primary weapon attachments.
-Pro: Two attachments on secondary weapon. (200 kills with this perk)
45 - One Man Army - Switch classes without respawn.
-Pro: Swap classes faster. (120 kills with this perk)

TIER 2
1 - Stopping Power: Increased bullet damage.
-Pro: Increased damage to vehicles. (250 kills with this perk)
1 - Lightweight - Overall speed increase.
-Pro: Quick aim after sprinting. (Sprint 30 miles with this perk)
9 - Hardline: Killstreaks require 1 less kill.
-Pro: Deathstreaks require 1 less death. (40 killstreaks [at least 2 kills] with this perk)
25 - Cold-Blooded: Undetectable by UAV, air support, sentries and thermal.
-Pro: No red crosshair or name when targeted. (Destroy 40 enemy killstreak rewards while using this perk)
33 - Danger Close: Increased explosive damage.
-Pro: Extra air support damage. (100 explosive kills with this perk)

TIER 3
1 - Commando: Increased melee distance.
-Pro: No falling damage. (20 melee kills with this perk)
1 - Steady Aim: Increased hip accuracy.
-Pro: Iron Lungs (Hold breath longer to reduce sniper rifle sway). (80 hip-fire kills with this perk)
17 - Scrambler: Distorts nearby opponent's radar.
-Pro: Delay enemy claymore explosions. (50 close-range kills with this perk)
29 - Ninja: Invisible to heartbeat sensor. (Note: NINJA WORKS CORRECTLY ON THE HEARTBEAT SENSOR, IT IS A BUG IN THE KILLCAM.)
-Pro: Dead Silence (Move silently). (50 close-range kills with this perk)
37 - Sitrep: Locate enemy explosives and tactical insertions.
-Pro: Enemy footsteps louder. (Destroy 120 enemy devices using this perk)
41 - Last Stand: Pull out your pistol before dying for 10 seconds.
-Pro: Use grenades and equipment as well as your pistol. (20 Last Stand kills)

Kill/Deathstreak list:
Modern Warfare 2 Killstreaks (Note: You start with UAV, Care Package and Predator Missile, you earn tokens to unlock more as you level up, first at level 10. These do stack now, meaning you won’t lose your previous rewards if you earn higher level ones. You also can’t take two killstreaks which require the same number of kills to earn at the same time).
3 Kills -- UAV
4 Kills -- Care Package
4 Kills -- Counter UAV
5 Kills -- Sentry Gun
5 Kills -- Predator Missile
6 Kills -- Precision Airstrike
7 Kills -- Strike
7 Kills -- Attack Heli
8 Kills -- Emergency Airdrop
9 Kills -- Pave Low
9 Kills -- Stealth Bomber
11 Kills -- Chopper Gunner
11 Kills -- AC-130
15 Kills -- EMP
25 Kills -- Tactical Nuke (this instantly ends the match with you as the victor)

Deathstreaks
1 - Copycat - 4 deaths without a kill
6 - Painkiller - 3 deaths without a kill
27 - Martyrdom - 4 deaths without a kill
39 - Final Stand - 4 deaths without a kill

Neogaf's thread is alright for some other info and pretty pictures.

I want to play with people on this forum!

(X360) Friends List for that console which overheats a lot:

We've got a CoD Clan Meta-Tag run by Burtletoy: A PA CoD Clan

A PA CoD Clan is now full! Hit me up on PA MW2
From here, you can view other people on the tag and invite them to your game. I may do the same if the group I join needs more people, but sometimes I just want to pub-stomp, so don't be offended if I ignore you. Also, send the invite to the clan tag. Everybody sending one invite is far more convenient then me sending every invite.

There's also PA CoD4, which is an older account with a lot of names on it, I think it was being run by I King Kong I. It probably isn't being maintained anymore, FYI.

(PS3) Friends List for that console which people seem to laugh out loud about for some reason:
PA Handle - PS3 Name

Gihgehls as Hellphish
Debaserzbs as FancyLad
Jokerman as Jokermein
Fourier_series as Fourier_series
Algertman as AlbertBOMB
Ah_Pook as Ah_Pook
Jean Claude Van Calm as Grimmsy- (yes, that's a dash there)
KidDynamite as NinjaForHire
Articus as Art__ (that's 2 underscores)
Shaggy as Mr_P1tt
kazanma as kazanma
DesertChicken as Desert Chicken
Pookiepoo as Pookie-san
Packman as jkolpack
Cincitucky as Cincitucky
Lord Yod as LordYod
donhonk as donhonk
Campy as pablocampy
(PC) Friends List for that console which actually isn’t a console and uses some sort of program called ‘Storm’, or whatever.
PA Handle - Steam Name

Gihgehls as hellphish
Fleck0 as Fleck0
SirToasty as patoast
Dourin as Dourin
ReverendCaliber as ReverendCaliber
rndmhero as rndmhero
SJ as Warboss SJ

We also have a Steam group! Contact Fleck0 through Steam if you want an invite or if you have any other questions.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/pamw2

And finally, a funny:

725404532_HhdVE-L.jpg

PaperLuigi44 on

• Options
    Jean Claude Van CalmJean Claude Van Calm 'sup? Awesome Possum.Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Just got the M21 EBR... err M14... whatever. Anyways I'm totally in love and will probably use it with the acog when I unlock it and just use it like a regular AR.

Jean Claude Van Calm on
    PSN: Grimmsy- Xbox Live: Grimmsy
  • Options
    T3rryT3rry
    enjoys

Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    enjoys

T3rry on
  • Options
    The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    T3rry wrote: »
    The_Scarab wrote: »
    Since I equipped the Tactical Nuke my scores have increased tremendously.

I mean, I'm nowhere near good enough to ever use it, much less bank on it being a valuable asset to my killsteak arsenal, but it's a goddam powerful motivator and has really curbed my 'I just got killed and now I'm going to rush right into the battle' tactic which has always made the last few minutes of a match super costly.

Harrier and then AC130 is a great combo. Getting to six kills is no problem for anyone if you camp from the round start, or even just play cautiously and be a respawn beacon for your team. Get a kill with the initial bombing run, and you only need three from the jet to get to the AC130.

I think it's a good balance but of course, 25 kills is way out of my reach. But like I said, when it's there you just hold back on the more rash strategies and it's really improved my tactical play.

the nuke really is a waste of a killstreak slot, why not put the chopper in there so you might actually get to 25? (getting to 25 wont have a reward, but it'd still be badass.)

Well like I said, I have both the chopper and the AC130 unlocked and much prefer the latter. Plus, COD4 wasn't all about the killstreaks. I can roll with just 2 usable ones and keep the nuke in my pocket.

I said in the other thread, 99 times out of 100 you will never get to 25 kills. But that one time you do, that rare perfect run where your harrier gets nine kills and you oneshot everyone with the AC130 and imagine if you didn't have the nuke. You would be so pissed off.

I can deal with never using the nuke on the future promise of having there just in case. Considering I roll with an actual clan with organization (well, admittedly it is a three-man-clan), everyone else having the supply drops, emergency drops and EMP leaves me to be the nuke mule.

The_Scarab on
  • Options
    Kris_xKKris_xK Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    This is not a blue dot post.

This is a post about... P90s.

Yes.

Kris_xK on
    calvinhobbessleddingsig2.gif
  • Options
    0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Kris_xK wrote: »

Yes.

I've found that the majority of SMG's are actually too accurate from the hip to warrant using Steady Aim. Like, you'd need to be ungodly with it when they're in your face, otherwise you'll miss by the smallest of margins.

Ninja Pro or Scrambler are good alternatives.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    FiziksFiziks Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Ninja pro is pretty much a necessity for hardcore.

Fiziks on
    Cvcwu.jpg
  • Options
    hatedinamericahatedinamerica Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Fiziks wrote: »
    Ninja pro is pretty much a necessity for hardcore.

Definitely. You know I never leave home without it.

hatedinamerica on
  • Options
    walnutmonwalnutmon Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    This is the first multiplayer FPS game I've gotten into on the xBox360, or any console for that matter, and it shows

despite not feeling like I suck at FPS games, my kill death ratio is somewhere around 1/3, and I'm at level 26

I have noticed in the last couple sit downs I've finally started getting better by sprinting less, and spending more time methodically moving about maps, as opposed to running to cap points and the like immediately, once I started acting like i'm in a war where death is something to be avoided I noticed that my ratio did start to climb just a bit

the thing that's crazy to me is how solid the competition is in general when it comes to twitch skills, I'm often amazed at how people spot me and kill me, although the kill cam is a fantastic learning experience

I can't really imagine playing without stopping power though, it's my great equalizer

walnutmon on
    xbox: jmbizzo | ps3: walnutmon | steam: walnutmon | SC2: walnutmon.591
  • Options
    Kris_xKKris_xK Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Really, I just love how the guy runs with akimbo.

I'm gonna have to try out the P90s akimbo, and I definitely wanna get the G18s.

Kris_xK on
    calvinhobbessleddingsig2.gif
  • Options
    0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

G18's w/ Akimbo are very very solid, even at medium range. Their hip-fire is "accurate", if you're speaking relatively.

The P90's are pretty solid, but even with Steady Aim the hip-fire is nearly half the screen.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    PrecursorPrecursor Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

Yes.

I've found that the majority of SMG's are actually too accurate from the hip to warrant using Steady Aim. Like, you'd need to be ungodly with it when they're in your face, otherwise you'll miss by the smallest of margins.
    I'm not sure SMGs have a place in this game. Snipers have the same mobility and akimbo machine pistols or akimbo shotguns are absolutely amazing at close range. Plus, having Steady Aim Pro add Iron Lungs makes it a no brainer to pair a sniper rifle with akimbo secondaries.

Precursor on
    Quashdom.png
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Precursor wrote: »

Yes.

I'm not sure SMGs have a place in this game. Snipers have the same mobility and going akimbo machine pistols or akimbo shotguns are absolutely amazing at close range. Plus, having Steady Aim Pro add Iron Lungs makes it a no brainer to pair a sniper with akimbo.

I use SMGs all the time. They have overwhelming rates of fire, along with great hip-fire accuracy, decent mid-range capability (which many Akimbos do not have), and 2-3 shot kills with Stopping Power.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    PrecursorPrecursor Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Precursor wrote: »

Yes.

I'm not sure SMGs have a place in this game. Snipers have the same mobility and going akimbo machine pistols or akimbo shotguns are absolutely amazing at close range. Plus, having Steady Aim Pro add Iron Lungs makes it a no brainer to pair a sniper with akimbo.

I use SMGs all the time. They have overwhelming rates of fire, along with great hip-fire accuracy, decent mid-range capability (which many Akimbos do not have), and 2-3 shot kills with Stopping Power.
    Which ones do you like? I find the p90/vector don't pack enough punch, the mp5k doesn't do well at midrange, so i default to the ump45. Problem is, I find the ARs provide a better overall package compared to the ump45. Maybe i'm using them wrong or pairing them with the wrong perks. Tips?

Precursor on
    Quashdom.png
  • Options
    FatsFats Corvallis, ORRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    When you get a kill with hip-fire, there should be a 30% chance that you have a stroke and die.

Also I just got the ACR and I guess it isn't my style, not overly impressed. Gotta get all those achievements though.

Fats on
  • Options
    BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I really really like using Bling on an SMG with the Red Dot and Rapid Fire. Does this make me a bad person?

Bursar on
    GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    Spoilered until images are unborked. egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • Options
    Jean Claude Van CalmJean Claude Van Calm 'sup? Awesome Possum.Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Ran into my first akimbo 1887s today. Managed to pick them up off some guy I killed and proceeded to destroy anyone anywhere on my screen :/

I'm guessing that xbox probably has alot of different play tactics than the people on ps3 since it's the only time I've ever seen them. That and in all my play time I am the only person I have ever seen with the 8bit price icon.

I need to stop playing this game drunk, my k/d sucks :(

Jean Claude Van Calm on
    PSN: Grimmsy- Xbox Live: Grimmsy
  • Options
    Foolish ChaosFoolish Chaos Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Fats wrote: »
    When you get a kill with hip-fire, there should be a 30% chance that you have a stroke and die.

Whats wrong with hip-fire?

Foolish Chaos on
  • Options
    SelectaSelecta Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    8 bit mario price GET. Ohhh yeah.

Selecta on
    MNWGRdm.png
    PSN: Hellcore- Steam MWO: Hellcore
  • Options
    walnutmonwalnutmon Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Ran into my first akimbo 1887s today. Managed to pick them up off some guy I killed and proceeded to destroy anyone anywhere on my screen :/

I'm guessing that xbox probably has alot of different play tactics than the people on ps3 since it's the only time I've ever seen them. That and in all my play time I am the only person I have ever seen with the 8bit price icon.

I need to stop playing this game drunk, my k/d sucks :(

I got a lot of understanding laughs when i said that another substance has a similar effect on my K/D ratio.... I don't do well when i crouch in a corner terrified to move, but it certainly adds to the realism

walnutmon on
    xbox: jmbizzo | ps3: walnutmon | steam: walnutmon | SC2: walnutmon.591
  • Options
    CyborgZetaCyborgZeta Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I'm loving the AK-47 so far although it sounds rather puny compared to CoD4.

CyborgZeta on
    "Blacker than a moonless night, hotter and more bitter than Hell itself...That is coffee." - Godot
  • Options
    Fourier_seriesFourier_series Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    So, is the FAL supposed to have the same niche in the game as the G3 had in COD4? Because while I loved the G3, for some reason I just can't use the FAL very well at all.

Fourier_series on
    soldierpw2.jpg
  • Options
    Michael HMichael H Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

G18's w/ Akimbo are very very solid, even at medium range. Their hip-fire is "accurate", if you're speaking relatively.

The P90's are pretty solid, but even with Steady Aim the hip-fire is nearly half the screen.

Akimbo anything is worth the price of admission. Especially when you run around a corner firing and yelling AAAAHHHHHH

What's the consensus on the third perk slot for a knifing build? Ninja or Commando?

Michael H on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    So, is the FAL supposed to have the same niche in the game as the G3 had in COD4? Because while I loved the G3, for some reason I just can't use the FAL very well at all.

It's basically the same role.

By which I mean the kind of gun a bitch would use.

The_Scarab on
  • Options
    RedcatRedcat Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    So as a joke I made a class with silenced akimbo P-90s. I rounded it out with Stopping Power and Steady Aim to make them more manageable.

They're the sickest little killers at short range. 200 rounds to burn through is great and silenced gives you time to drop a few before they can react.

Domination on Highrise was me charging their only point and getting four or five on my way in every time. Fucking silly.

Redcat on
    360 Metatag for Borderlands: PA Borderwangs
    My 360 tag: Redcat Rising
  • Options
    MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I found a new combo, quite similar to the knife builds, just replace the knife with the SPAS-12. Suppressed. It's awesome.

Mechanical on
  • Options
    SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2009
    CyborgZeta wrote: »

Why it's so far down the list of unlocks I have no idea.

Sheep on
  • Options
    NuzakNuzak Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Michael H wrote: »

Akimbo anything is worth the price of admission. Especially when you run around a corner firing and yelling AAAAHHHHHH

What's the consensus on the third perk slot for a knifing build? Ninja or Commando?

COMMANDO

mobility is everything, so being able to leap off heights to your victim and teleport to their chest to tear out their beating heart is what you need

besides, most people with HBS are bitches who shit their pants when they see you sprinting towards them, the mad glint in your eyes that tells them that no amount of negative K: D ratios can stop them using knives

Nuzak on
  • Options
    MegaMekMegaMek Girls like girls. Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    What's with the Airplane! quote in the title?

MegaMek on
    Is time a gift or punishment?
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Mechanical wrote: »
    I found a new combo, quite similar to the knife builds, just replace the knife with the SPAS-12. Suppressed. It's awesome.

silenced shotguns sound like sneezes.

really cool sneezes from no country for old men

Nuzak on
  • Options
    Fleck0Fleck0 Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Michael H wrote: »

Commando! by the time anyone would spot you on the HBS or notice the sound of your footsteps they're already dead anyway

Fleck0 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    BluntTrauma.jpg

you were killed by blunton chigurh, who uses silenced shotguns in no blunt-tree for old men

Nuzak on
  • Options
    LorkLork Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

Yes.
    So would you call it...

A red dot post?
    horatio.jpg

Lork on
    Steam Profile: Lork
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    This silenced sniper rifle thing is pretty painful. I kind of want the HBS for the primary on my stab people build since it could be useful but fuck....I hate sniping to begin with. Sniping people and having them not notice I'm shooting them is worse.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    cheese_boycheese_boy Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    how do you get the blunt trauma tag?

cheese_boy on
    I just dropped in to see what condition my condition was in.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    beating on a guy with the riot sheild i believe

Nuzak on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    cheese_boy wrote: »
    how do you get the blunt trauma tag?

it's automatically gifted to you for being a massive asshole. surprisingly not hard to acquire by internet standards.

dont you ever fucking have it equipped or I will rain down fire on you and yours so hard that satan himself will spit out his coffee at your sudden arrival.

The_Scarab on
  • Options
    YodaTunaYodaTuna Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Any openings on the CoD 360 list? Or is there another list in the works? I'm sick of pubbin' it. I feel like a hobo.

YodaTuna on
  • Options
    TheUnsane1TheUnsane1 PhiladelphiaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Yea the Blunt Trauma and Pineapple Express titles are totally perfect for the million or so guys on xbl with 420 in a gamertag. At least Pineapple Express was a funny movie.

TheUnsane1 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    CyborgZeta wrote: »

What.

It sounds mean with the new metallic sound from the action.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    CommunistCowCommunistCow Abstract Metal ThingyRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Just got the M21 EBR... err M14... whatever. Anyways I'm totally in love and will probably use it with the acog when I unlock it and just use it like a regular AR.

From kill cam I saw a guy raping me over and over with that thing and acog.

CommunistCow on
    No, I am not really communist. Yes, it is weird that I use this name.