As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Modern Warfare 2: Still not realistic. (Please lock) (NSF56K)

• VothVoth Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I've been trying out the other modes since I've been getting a little tired of Merc TDM. The only one I don't really like is CTF. I haven't played too many games where people are actually trying to CTF.

Voth on
    reverbnation -- last.fm -- facebook -- twitter -- bandcamp --youtube -- PSN: audapostrophe -- XBL: audapostrophe -- NNID: audapostrophe -- Myspace
  • MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    TheUnsane1 wrote: »
    Yea the Blunt Trauma and Pineapple Express titles are totally perfect for the million or so guys on xbl with 420 in a gamertag. At least Pineapple Express was a funny movie.

Also adding to the list of people to auto-mute is anyone with "High Command" "Joint Ops" "So Baked" and the like.

Mechanical on
  • JokermanJokerman Everything EverywhereRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    happyness is an ACR with extended mags and a red dot scope.

Jokerman on
    edited November 2009
    Just got the M21 EBR... err M14... whatever. Anyways I'm totally in love and will probably use it with the acog when I unlock it and just use it like a regular AR.

From kill cam I saw a guy raping me over and over with that thing and acog.

The m21 is so weak compared to the .50 cal though.

It's impossible to one shot someone with it.

Jokerman on
  • MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Jokerman wrote: »

Bullet penetration kills are a pain in the ass now. What, shooting someone through two walls doesn't count? Fuck you, game.

Mechanical on
  • 0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Just got the M21 EBR... err M14... whatever. Anyways I'm totally in love and will probably use it with the acog when I unlock it and just use it like a regular AR.

Wrong.

Chest and higher will one-shot 90% of the time, and there's practically no recoil.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • DrakeonDrakeon Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Mechanical wrote: »

Bullet penetration kills are a pain in the ass now. What, shooting someone through two walls doesn't count? Fuck you, game.

No kidding, it's taking forever and a day for me to unlock extended mags on my ACR. I think I'm up to 16-17 out of the 40 i need now.

Drakeon on
    PSN: Drakieon XBL: Drakieon Steam: TheDrakeon
    edited November 2009

Wrong.

Chest and higher will one-shot 90% of the time, and there's practically no recoil.

I've played around with it, and tried puting around in the chest only to have to put another in them to put it down.

The whole time I was thinking "If only I was using the barret, they'd be dead."

Jokerman on
  • 0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Drakeon wrote: »

No kidding, it's taking forever and a day for me to unlock extended mags on my ACR. I think I'm up to 16-17 out of the 40 i need now.

You people act like using FMJ's is a downgrade.

Personally, on weapons with good irons, I used them specifically for the (slight) damage boost and the Deep Impact functionality. No bling, just a stand-along attachment.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    -Loki- wrote: »
    Apparently all Australians favorite Attorney General Michael Atkinson is trying to get Modern Warfare 2 banned post release. Not the best thing to try on a community who were given night vision goggles in their limited edition pack.

Haha, "Virtual Terrorists"

Idiots. If people wanted to convert and blow up your country, they wouldn't look in a video game for recruitment. You have the option to even skip "that" mission.

yeah I'm a hardcore jihadist now because I learned from the best. I learned from Modern Warfare 2.

When my time for glorious honor comes up, you'll see me. I'll be the guy carrying a crew-serviced machinegun one-handed and with a pot leaf insignia. I can sprint forever because I chose marathon as my perk. when I run out of ammo I'll switch to my flimsy piece of plastic and I'll be impervious to police bullets. Oh yeah, and if they somehow to manage to flank me and shoot me in the head with a .50 cal anti-material round, I'll still cap like 2 or 3 of them because I've got last stand!

then I'll call in my AC130 and spawncamp those bitches.

acidlacedpenguin on
    GT: Acidboogie PSNid: AcidLacedPenguiN
  • Jean Claude Van CalmJean Claude Van Calm 'sup? Awesome Possum.Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

Wrong.

I've played around with it, and tried puting around in the chest only to have to put another in them to put it down.

I meant for hardcore. In which sneezing on someone is a one shit kill. My two build (m16 and m14) have a regular and hardcore variant. The last slot is used for my "fuck around" build, which right now is sporting akimbo p90s.

Jean Claude Van Calm on
    PSN: Grimmsy- Xbox Live: Grimmsy
    edited November 2009

Wrong.

I meant for hardcore. In which sneezing on someone is a one shit kill. My two build (m16 and m14) have a regular and hardcore variant. The last slot is used for my "fuck around" build, which right now is sporting akimbo p90s.

Yeah you could use an M9 in hardcore and still pwn.

unfortunatly, none of my friends like hardcore.

Jokerman on
  • Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    THread title should be "Riot Shield or Go Home"

Zen Vulgarity on
    edited November 2009
    Scrambler is rediculous. Holy mother of god, I'm using it without a silencer or CBlooded on my P90 and people just walk past you. It's dumb as hell, and I love it.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • NuzakNuzak Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    thread title should be "i see you've played knifey-gunny before"

Nuzak on
  • Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Man, just had my best game in a loooooong while. Never got higher than a 5 kill streak, but I was playing TDM on Terminal went 14-4. Using my beloved SCAR with grenade launcher and thumper.

SUDDENLY

"Enemy Nuke detected"

...fuck

Also, that 3rd person mode is quite shit.

Also adding to the list of people to auto-mute is anyone with "High Command" "Joint Ops" "So Baked" and the like.

I use the Joint Ops callsign, that makes me a jerk?

Skull2185 on
    Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
    edited November 2009
    Guys, when we get our 360 games on, we need to not use the same Clan Tags.

It makes people leave and it takes for-the-fuck-ever to get a game going.

Which is really either the point of them or against the point of having them.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I use "So Baked" and Burger-Town

don't mute me, bro.

acidlacedpenguin on
    GT: Acidboogie PSNid: AcidLacedPenguiN
  • -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    So, since this game is going to be appealed for ratings, I'm probably going to grab it (I do want it, since I love the series, but I wanted to wait for a price drop because of Kodicks recent price gouging) but platform... eh. Since I have a new gaming PC, I'd rather not grab an FPS on console if I don't have to, but the whole dedicated server thing annoys me (I do like online FPS, even if only for short bursts of gameplay). How does the PC version play online? Is there any way to be sure you connect to a game with decent ping?

-Loki- on
    edited November 2009
    Buy 360 so you can play with us!

If you don't live in the USA the matchmaking is pretty abysmal.

But good GOD the akimbo p90's are comic relief incarnate.

Edit: Playing Rundown with Akimbo P90's and Scrambler, I pulled a 59-4 on Domination with the PA Crew.

Yeah.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

Since I don't have one, I'm going to settle for not buying it for that platform. By that, I assume this doesn't have cross platform play?

-Loki- on
  • The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Scrambler is rediculous. Holy mother of god, I'm using it without a silencer or CBlooded on my P90 and people just walk past you. It's dumb as hell, and I love it.

Scrambler is ridiculous because the moment my map goes fuzzy I am immediately aware you are lurking about and your ambush is ruined entirely.

It's basically a useless perk.

The_Scarab on
    edited November 2009

Since I don't have one, I'm going to settle for not buying it for that platform. By that, I assume this doesn't have cross platform play?

No, it doesn't, sadly. XBL CEO's are too busy rolling in their money to let other people play with us. The tech is there, just not being utilized.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
    edited November 2009
    The_Scarab wrote: »

Scrambler is ridiculous because the moment my map goes fuzzy I am immediately aware you are lurking about and your ambush is ruined entirely.

This is what I thought as well, until I used it and went 59-4.

There's really no other explanation.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Mother.
    Fucker.

I just went 33/0 on Rundown.
    My foolishness thought it would be a good idea to bring an Emergency Airdrop in case I hit 8 kills, just in case.

Didn't think to bring the nuke just in case. It's a rookie mistake! Aaaagh!

Zombie Gandhi on
  • MegaMekMegaMek Girls like girls. Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    People who think that Scrambler is useless are morons.

MegaMek on
    Is time a gift or punishment?
    edited November 2009

No, it doesn't, sadly. XBL CEO's are too busy rolling in their money to let other people play with us. The tech is there, just not being utilized.

Guess I'll get it on PC anyway. I'm sure I can find Aussies to play with, even if only in private matches. I'm sure the lag situation will be the same on PS3, so I might as well go on the system where I'm more comfortable with the controls (I played through CoD 4 and W@W on PS3 just fine, but never touched multipler because I'm just not that great at fast paced shooters on a gamepad). I mean, I can be delusional and hold out in hope of a patch adding dedicated servers like the rest of the PC crowd.

-Loki- on
    edited November 2009
    Mother.
    Fucker.

My foolishness thought it would be a good idea to bring an Emergency Airdrop in case I hit 8 kills, just in case.

Yeah, I've done that too, wishing I'd brought along the ol' nuke. But honestly I'd rather just get more kills than end the fun early.

Edit: Haha, these 3 games with PA have brought my K/D up by .03, to a grand total of 1.70. Why do I play so much better with you guys?

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    MegaMek wrote: »

It's not good for sneaking around the map. It is good for annoying/disrupting your opponents.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Mother.
    Fucker.

Yeah, I've done that too, wishing I'd brought along the ol' nuke. But honestly I'd rather just get more kills than end the fun early.

Edit: Haha, these 3 games with PA have brought my K/D up by .03, to a grand total of 1.70. Why do I play so much better with you guys?

I imagine if and when I get a few nukes dropped, it will grow old and less enjoyable than other killstreaks.
    But as for the first time I've done well enough to have possibly used one, it's a moment of random regret.

Ah well, back to the grind.

Zombie Gandhi on
  • MegaMekMegaMek Girls like girls. Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

It's not good for sneaking around the map. It is good for annoying/disrupting your opponents.
    Yeah, not a stealth perk at all. It's for team support.

MegaMek on
    Is time a gift or punishment?
    edited November 2009

Yeah, not a stealth perk at all. It's for team support.

Defense by yourself is how I did it. I hid in the building by the far bridge, and as people walked by they got about 40 rounds to the chest. Rinse and repeat with Scavenger until AC-130, then get another 15 kills because it's Ground War.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • twmjrtwmjr Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

I couldn't give you an exact reason, but I've been playing with randoms the past few days as I haven't been able to catch up with any of you fine folks this week...and the game is much more enjoyable played with PA than with randoms. Whether that's more competence, less dickery or both, I don't know.

twmjr on
  • CommunistCowCommunistCow Abstract Metal ThingyRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I got my first ac130 (not through care package) tonight *tear*
    I'm still not entirely sure what i am doing with it. I just kept pressing 1 *fire something* 2 *fire something* 3 *fire something*.

Is that basically how you switch between guns on the ac130 (for pc)?

CommunistCow on
    No, I am not really communist. Yes, it is weird that I use this name.
  • DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    twmjr wrote: »

I couldn't give you an exact reason, but I've been playing with randoms the past few days as I haven't been able to catch up with any of you fine folks this week...and the game is much more enjoyable played with PA than with randoms. Whether that's more competence, less dickery or both, I don't know.

For me it's usually people who actually bother to play the game that's listed. I know earlier I was playing Ground War Domination, I would stealth in and ninja a point alone since my entire team was clustered around the single point we had control of. By the time I captured the other point they would lose the one they were holding. It was amazingly frustrating. I couldn't hang back and play D since none of them were grabbing the other points and we had no hope of winning if we didn't get and hold two points.

It was probably for the best I didn't have my mic plugged in.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
    edited November 2009
    twmjr wrote: »

Less bads feeding the other team killstreaks like UAV and whatnot, and giving away positions, plus it's fun to play with people you know who don't stress you out with weed symbols and whatnot.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Dr.ObliviousDr.Oblivious Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I feel like I'm doing something wrong, every other sniper in the game is running around with semi-auto sniper rifles, yet I seem like the only person in the whole game using the Intervention.

Dr.Oblivious on
    Eve Name: Locke Ateid
    Steam Name: Dr.Oblivious

If you can't live for the now, at least live for the future.
    Bad+Dreamer.png
    edited November 2009
    I feel like I'm doing something wrong, every other sniper in the game is running around with semi-auto sniper rifles, yet I seem like the only person in the whole game using the Intervention.

I'm using it. Teaching myself good habits again, because I got used to my M14 EBR, and just sprayed people. You gotta aim with the Intervention.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
    edited November 2009

I'm using it. Teaching myself good habits again, because I got used to my M14 EBR, and just sprayed people. You gotta aim with the Intervention.

I feel the sniper rifles are incredibly lame this time around. I liked the way that 4 had it set up much better.

Also whoever said the M14 with an ACOG? I'd like to kiss you. I started using it instead of my Barret regurly and it's paradise.

Jokerman on
  • Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    M16 is still the best

Zen Vulgarity on