As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Goddamn Batman Would Have Words With The Both Of You [NSF56K]

• AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Oh Transformers, will you ever be that awesome again?

Just gotta wait until January, when Nick Roche starts the Wreckers miniseries

Antimatter on
  • Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    revcom wrote: »
    Faynor wrote: »
    noooo not my glass crotch

i think its his ice crotch, actually

Yeah, looks like he got frozen in place.

Gabriel_Pitt on
  • CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Kyougu wrote: »
    drtlw_020.jpg

This made me laugh from Wolverine: The List.

I hated how Marvel Boy was drawn through out the issue though.
    Solar wrote: »
    You seem to be under impression that that scan is readable. I can tell you honestly, that it is not. It needs to be bigger!
    wkpmr5.jpg

Crimsondude on
  • ThaneThane Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    i really hate it when anyone says snikt

Thane on
    286v37l.jpg
  • FaynorFaynor Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I think I would have liked that page a lot more if Wolverine's was just RAAAAAAARGH or something. Why would he constantly be unpoppin' his claws?

Faynor on
    do you wanna see me eat a hotdog
  • TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I think I would have liked that page a lot more if Wolverine's was just RAAAAAAARGH or something. Why would he constantly be unpoppin' his claws?

On that subject, whenever Wolverine slashes down on something, especially a metal door, wouldn't the tendons in his hand be damaged. If you had claws in your hands, and even thought they cut through stuff there will be some resistance, that would hurt like a motha.

I think the only time I saw something similar to this mentioned was the Wolverine Civil War story where Sentry takes down Wolverine by grabbing between his claws and crushing his hands, making him black out.

TexiKen on
  • ServoServo Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2009

it seems like kind of a ripoff of that fight scene from whedon's x-men when the team is fighting and you see their tortured inner monologues about whatever (i don't recall specifically who said what right now) and then the last one is wolverine and all he's thinking while in the midst of a huge battle is "I like beer".

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • sportzboytjwsportzboytjw squeeeeeezzeeee some more tax breaks outRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    That is what I thought that scene was for a second, then I was like, "Didn't they kind of have him saying something both funnier and stupider?"

sportzboytjw on
    Walkerdog on MTGO
    TylerJ on League of Legends (it's free and fun!)
  • PantheraOncaPantheraOnca Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    TexiKen wrote: »

On that subject, whenever Wolverine slashes down on something, especially a metal door, wouldn't the tendons in his hand be damaged. If you had claws in your hands, and even thought they cut through stuff there will be some resistance, that would hurt like a motha.

I think the only time I saw something similar to this mentioned was the Wolverine Civil War story where Sentry takes down Wolverine by grabbing between his claws and crushing his hands, making him black out.

i think the idea is that since they are so hard, and are at least adequately sharp, cutting through steel would be no different then a hot knife through butter. (i wish i could come up with a better metaphor but that one fits just too well.)

PantheraOnca on
  • MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

MHoliday1-2.jpg

Munch on
    edited November 2009
    I love that page so much.

Faynor on
  • Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I love that story so much. Just stupid goofy fun.

Toxic Toys on
    3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
  • LuxLux Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I didn't even realize how many times "RAAAGGH" is in it the first few times I read it.

Lux on
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    It's that he's thinking RAAARGH! in his head at the same time as shouting it, and even when he's not shouting it!

Solar on
  • CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    From earlier in that issue:

2ib1eer.jpg

In addition, the bios of Noh-Varr and Fantomex really should go here too because it became absolutely certain to me after reading them that Morrison is a g-d genius.

Crimsondude on
    edited November 2009
    Noh-Var and Fantomex working together is fuckawesome stuff. More of this team-up please!

Solar on
  • CadeCade Eppur si muove.Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Movie Storm Shadow is getting side work at Marvel?

Brilliant!

Cade on
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Solar wrote: »
    Noh-Var and Fantomex working together is fuckawesome stuff. More of this team-up please!

Man, I need this issue.

Were there bios in the issue or something? What are you talking about, crimsondude?

DouglasDanger on
    edited November 2009
    Fantomex
    fkxx8p.jpg2cctnh5.jpg
    Marvel Boy
    id83f5.jpgel8gfs.jpg

Thane on
    286v37l.jpg
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Dawg, I cannot read that tiny tiny print. I already know those two are awesome. Are those bios in that comic? Wolverine: the Dark Reign: the List, by Jason Aaron, right?

DouglasDanger on
    edited November 2009
    i have a big screen, so i wasn't really thinking

but yeah they're in the back of Wolverine: the list

Thane on
    286v37l.jpg
  • ServoServo Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2009

2ib1eer.jpg

In addition, the bios of Noh-Varr and Fantomex really should go here too because it became absolutely certain to me after reading them that Morrison is a g-d genius.

gee i think the kree might want to recheck their numbers on that one, at least in the marvel universe.

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Well, Noh-Varr came from an alternate universe where the Kree are some kind of weird cockroach people. Maybe there aren't any gods in his universe.

Munch on
  • mattharvestmattharvest Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Servo wrote: »

2ib1eer.jpg

gee i think the kree might want to recheck their numbers on that one, at least in the marvel universe.

It's kind of a semantic point, though; there are so many beings of absurd or limitless power (e.g. Beyonder) that are not gods but rather components of the physical universe that it begs the definition of "deity", you know? More likely though it's supposed to be a comment about the arrogance of the Kree, alternate or otherwise.

It reminds me of a similar discussion from months ago about Mr. Terrific being an atheist.

mattharvest on
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    The only true deity in the Marvel Universe is Jack Kirby, and I can forgive the Kree for not being sophisticated enough to realize they're in a comic book.
    The only people who know that are Reed Richards, Deadpool, and one version of Mr. Sinister.

Robos A Go Go on
  • DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2009
    Yeah, there are gods but theres no true creator present in teh U.

DarkWarrior on
  • KVWKVW Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Ya, people like Odin and Thor or Zeus may be referred to as gods, but they did not create the universe and do not follow the creator aspect of a 'god'. Similarly, Galactus is merely a fundamental force of the universe. Celestials are close, but still dont work as a god as mostwould view them. Even Eternity or other all powerful beings are not true gods in the sense of a creator / object of worship. So, I'd say he's in the clear on that statement.

KVW on
    edited November 2009
    If Reed Richards can beat you, you're not a god.

DarkWarrior on
  • VirralVirral Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    If Reed Richards can beat you, you're not a god.

It's official, Hank Pym is a god.

Virral on
    2vlp7o9.jpg
    edited November 2009
    gman4a.jpg

It's so true, G-Man.

TexiKen on
    edited November 2009
    I love that dialogue.

I jsut thought you were the devil because you have horns.
    The devil doesn't have a trademark on horns.

DarkWarrior on
    edited November 2009
    Every page of G-Man is like that. It's smart and clever, and Chris Giarrusso would actually be a good writer for a Marvel Adventures book.

TexiKen on
    edited November 2009
    TexiKen wrote: »
    Every page of G-Man is like that. It's smart and clever, and Chris Giarrusso would actually be a good writer for a Marvel Adventures book.

It would be so awesome if he did G-Man but starring miniature Marvel characters. We could call it Mini-Marvels or something. They could parody Civil War and WWH and other major events with this unique humour.

KVW on
    edited November 2009
    Hey now, don't get an attitude before Thanksgiving, even if you're Canadian!

It's not our fault Marvel is so stupid they decided to go with Super Hero Squad over Mini Marvels and kick Chris G to the curb (and I mean be just the writer on a light hearted book outside of Mini Marvels/G-Man; let him get some writing gigs, he has the potential to be a Jeff Parker of Paul Tobin).

TexiKen on
    edited November 2009
    Thats not an attitude. Im just sad theres no more mini marvels. =(

KVW on
    edited November 2009
    Well not going on a violent, murderous rampage isn't going to solve that now is it?

DarkWarrior on
    edited November 2009
    Chris Giarrusso always flubs the landing though

all his comics are almost golden and then come last panel fall flat

But the thought behind most of his stuff is awesome

Thane on
    286v37l.jpg
  • CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009

2ib1eer.jpg

If Noh-Varr is suppsoed to be a teenager why does he look like Quicksilver

CorporateLogo on
    Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
    edited November 2009
    The artist drew him like that the whole issue. It was a tad irritating.

Faynor on
    edited November 2009
    If Noh-Varr is suppsoed to be a teenager why does he look like Quicksilver

The two of them are very similar in appearance (lean, muscular build, white hair ususally in curtains, blue/white eyes).

Solar on
This discussion has been closed.