As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Call of [Chat]hulu

1565758596062»

• FlayFlay Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Flay wrote: »
    *sigh* I was at an environmental protest today. It's depressing knowing that in all likelihood no protest is going to change anything, and we'll only see action once we're knee deep in shit... :?

This is pretty much universally true. You want to make a difference, use that energy to pressure your elected officials through direct channels.

Oh well Flay, at least it got you out of the house?

And on TV, potentially. I didn't check. It was only a smallish protest - around 80 people.

Unfortunately, I don't know quite enough about the details of climate change and carbon trading schemes to argue a good political letter, though I have supported a number of petitions. I'll have to resolve to learn more.

Also, this is pretty fun: http://www.class3outbreak.com/zombie-outbreak-simulator/

I've got it set on 6000 civilians, 10% armed, 20% civilian accuracy, 20 slow zombies from the north, infection time 10 seconds, and 4 police with 60% accuracy. The zombies were increasing rapidly until one group of armed civilians went around and slaughtered a whole bunch. Then a guy with a shotgun turned up and that was the end of that.

It's actually really interesting to watch, or have running in the background and come back to every now and then.

Flay on
  • ChillyChilly Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    My mind has just been completely blown...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nah3nMStXV4

Chilly on
  • MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    My pants didn't button up properly this morning. For the first time in my life, my clothes are starting to not fit! Yaaaaaay! I love my new-found fat!!!

I wanna weigh myself!

MagicToaster on
  • beavotronbeavotron Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    My pants didn't button up properly this morning. For the first time in my life, my clothes are starting to not fit! Yaaaaaay! I love my new-found fat!!!

I wanna weigh myself!

Grats!
    Are ya gettin all buff for the lady?

beavotron on
    edited November 2009
    No, I'm just getting fat! I'm haven't done any changes in my life style. I should work out though....

MagicToaster on
  • DMACDMAC Come at me, bro! Moderator mod
    edited November 2009
    I'm going to start a new fitness program called "Just Get Fat".

DMAC on
  • CrowlestonCrowleston Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Flay wrote: »
    *sigh* I was at an environmental protest today. It's depressing knowing that in all likelihood no protest is going to change anything, and we'll only see action once we're knee deep in shit... :?

Did you drive there?

Crowleston on
    useless but necessary objects of society.
  • Guy BellGuy Bell Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

I wanna weigh myself!

I know the feeling. I get excited when I gain a pound also. I'm 6'-6" so every pound counts. I met a guy in a store last week who was 6'-10". It was really disturbing looking up at someone. I didn't like it much.

Guy Bell on
  • deadlydoritodeadlydorito __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2009
    lol environmental protests.

Lets protest Aids in africa instead :D! You know, something tangible, serious and factual :D. (assuming your talking about greenhouse gases and evil corporations D:)

deadlydorito on
  • CrowlestonCrowleston Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    lol environmental protests.

Lets protest Aids in africa instead :D! You know, something tangible, serious and factual :D. (assuming your talking about greenhouse gases and evil corporations D:)

I don't feel like AIDS is something you can protest. What are you protesting exactly?

Crowleston on
    useless but necessary objects of society.
  • VeritasVeritas Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I think dorito is being facetious, evidently the aids epidemic is as tangible and serious to him as is the environment.

Veritas on
  • tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2009
    What a useful human being you are.

tynic on
  • deadlydoritodeadlydorito __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2009
    well how can you protest global warming? a natural occurence like a hurricane or an earthquake? Protesting aids i mean educating them about practicing safe sex and distributing free condoms.

deadlydorito on
  • CheerfulBearCheerfulBear Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    You don't really understand what global warming is and what they're protesting, do you?

CheerfulBear on
  • LoomdunLoomdun Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    THE BIRDS ARE IN TROUBLE

Loomdun on
    splat
  • PROXPROX Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    In trouble of being delicious!

PROX on
  • MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    You don't really understand what global warming is and what they're protesting, do you?

There's not enough evidence to suggest that global warming is caused by humans

Metalbourne on
    edited November 2009

Global warming...caused by dachshounds?

PROX on
    edited November 2009
    PROX wrote: »

No, just your mom.

Metalbourne on
    edited November 2009
    No your mom.

PROX on
  • LoomdunLoomdun Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    ablooooo ablooooo

Loomdun on
    splat
  • bombardierbombardier Moderator mod
    edited November 2009
    PROX wrote: »

No, just your mom.

That's global cooling.

bombardier on
    edited November 2009
    It's a well established fact that the earth has gone through several periods of global climate change over the course of history, most of them happening before humans even existed, let alone having the means to affect the environment. There's not enough evidence to indicate that cars, fast food containers, air conditioning, or any other modern convenience that we feel guilty for using is actually causing any kind of global climate change.

Global warming is a retarded idiot's pipe dream. It's just a catch-all tool for environmentalists to toss all of the myriad factors of detriments to our environment and make it easily digestible for your average every day slob. The problem is that its working against them now. Instead of working toward shit like better air quality, the destruction of natural ecosystems, or better use of natural resources, people go out and hold up signs asking someone in charge to just turn down a fucking thermostat.

In conclusion, PROX, your mom is so fat that she's pulling us all toward the sun and THAT is where global warming comes from.

Metalbourne on
  • VeritasVeritas Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Prox, have your mom move to Australia to balance us out. Thanks.

re: global gradual temperature increase: For how much crap we've dumped into the atmosphere since the industrial revolution I would be surprised if there wasn't an effect on global temperatures. You're right that there is no hard evidence but there is still a lot of information that at least suggests they're correlated. That doesn't mean that it's entirely a man-made phenomena either we could be simply accelerating an existing process but it would be ridiculous to take the stance that this is a natural occurrence, that we have no effect on climate whatsoever, and therefore we might as well keep dumping pollutants into the skies.

Some, (possibly most) of the eco/green/environmental kick is of course bullshit but that doesn't mean the need to change how we do things is less ridiculous. Even if it is all a sham, things like renewable energy or recycled goods are going to be better options to sink time and money into over finite energy resources and raw materials.

Veritas on
  • no_toastno_toast Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I could use some local warming over here. It's the worst when it's cold but still no snow on the ground.

no_toast on
  • LexxyLexxy Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    As far as I know, we've produced a spike in carbon dioxide that far surpasses previous natural spikes that preceded past ice ages in both rate of increase and volume. While that's not the only factor, it's a contributor. That being said, there's a certain amount of overreaction, but we're WAY beyond remiss in our wasteful and polluting behaviors. As Veritas said, regardless of how bullshit some people's reasoning is, things like renewable energy are infinitely more responsible than our current methods and it pisses me off to no end that the technology behind it is something we could've had decades ago. And to say that we've have no impact on the environment is just plain ignorant.

Lexxy on
  • bombardierbombardier Moderator mod
    edited November 2009
    The impact humans have had on their environment as a whole in the past 100 years in comparison to the history of civilization as a whole is insane. As long as people keep having more kids than people that pass away, things will only get worse. The possibility of global warming is just a small drop in the bucket compared to the rest of the issues that people have to/will have to face in this lifetime.

bombardier on
  • Forbe!Forbe! Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    As my Professor said in Geology: You're a god damned idiot if you think that the recent temperature change has nothing to do with with human activity. Short of a super massive volcano, or large scale meteor event, there has never been a sudden spike in production of green-house gasses over the course of 100 years. And the increase in green-house gasses has almost always lead to increased temperatures in the earths history.

While the earth is a complex system, and one single factor cannot be used to explain a global phenomena, to say that humans have had no substantial impact on the system is fucking retarded.

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
    edited November 2009
    I'M NOT GONNA BE A PART OF YOUR SYSTEM, MAN.

CheerfulBear on
    edited November 2009

Will you still buy my products?

MagicToaster on
    edited November 2009

Magic Toaster's Products cause Global [CHAT]ming

no_toast on
    edited November 2009
    Sure, then I'll just ---

THROW EM ON THE GROUND

CheerfulBear on
    edited November 2009
    no_toast wrote: »

Magic Toaster's Products cause Global [CHAT]ming

Nice try, I'm winning this one!

MagicToaster on
  • Forbe!Forbe! Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Like hell you are.

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
  • ManonvonSuperockManonvonSuperock Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    MT, there are too many people with your name in your city on facebook.

ManonvonSuperock on
  • DMACDMAC Come at me, bro! Moderator mod
    edited November 2009
    This is a game where the winners are the biggest losers.

DMAC on
    edited November 2009
    MT, there are too many people with your name in your city on facebook.

My name is very common. I'm like "John Smith"

MagicToaster on
    edited November 2009
    I think there's no other person in the world that has the same name as I do.

no_toast on
  • ManonvonSuperockManonvonSuperock Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    that's cause you finnish bastards use an arbitrary assortment of letters for names.

ManonvonSuperock on
    edited November 2009
    I don't remember if I've yet given you a Finnish name. Let's see..

Mauno Ville Superkikkeli

no_toast on
This discussion has been closed.