As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[miniphalla] PhallaKart: Mini Circuit - Tryclyde obtains the Mini Cup

1192021222325»

• SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Spectrum wrote: »
    Dunadan019 wrote: »
    A question: Was I obviously mafia?

Because no matter how hard I tried, I felt really obvious. :P

there wasn't alot of information to go on.

so not really.
    I had an inkling once you started trying to argue with me, but there was nothing that could really be said about it.

I find it kinda funny that "he's arguing with me!" ---> "he's evil!" in your mind.
    No, it's the way you were arguing with me/the substance of your statements.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • RaakamRaakam Too many years... CanadalandRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    You should always believe Kime, he's too Kimish to be evil. When he stops his Kimitude, then you know something's up. Sorry for dropping out mid-game, but it was fun to read.

Raakam on
    My padherder
    they don't it be like it is but it do
  • BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    simonwolf wrote: »
    Only way it could have been worse is if Burnage was still alive.

Good thing I killed him when I did!
    That'll do, Dacwolf. That'll do.
    I am going to hunt both of you down.

Burnage on
  • Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Burnage wrote: »

I am going to hunt both of you down, and give you candy.

Really?

Good sport dude.

Toxic Toys on
    3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
  • GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    If I had been in the game one more day

one more day

then I would have won so hard

Gumpy on
  • BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Toxic Toys wrote: »
    I am going to hunt both of you down, and give you candy.

Really?

Good sport dude.
    Yes. "Candy." Delicious, delicious, "candy."

Who else bitch-slapped me on day one, Infidel? :lol:

Burnage on
    edited November 2009

I am going to hunt both of you down.
    I'm pretty sure you already did.
    You were also smacked off course and into a pokey by King K. Rool!

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • DaiusDaius Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    GJ ROBOS

Big Boss is spinning in his grave

so fast

That he's travelling backwards in time

Daius on
    bigbosssig.png
  • TipharethTiphareth Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I only regret not trading votes on day 1, popping my star and winning for the greater glory.

Also, it was kind of weird to be told I was trustworthy. Thankfully some people still considered me supicious :3

Tiphareth on
  • InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I assume, Infy, that there will be a main game based on these mechanics in the future.

Right?

Good god.

I'd definitely automate things if so.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • FunkyWaltDoggFunkyWaltDogg Columbia, SCRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    So back when I was losing the blue vote during race 3 I fired a red shell at Dunadan. Not that any of this was really his fault, but if it had taken him out maybe you guys would have let me be on day 4. And given the secret detail of your scheme, Robos (the taking me out part), I have to admit it was a terrible plan after all.

Having mushrooms for races 1 and 2 really helped a lot. It would have been totally sweet if my third (!) mushroom in the last race had given me the edge despite it all. Of course that seems to have been wildly improbable.

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I find it really hard to believe that you would have won if we'd put all of Tiphareth's votes into you as well. That would have just meant that whatever was done to Tiphareth to knock him out of first would have happened to you as well in combination with the hits you took yesterday. Additionally, people would have still voted for Gumpy for no reason (over kime or shalmelo, who unlike Gumpy stood a chance to win from second place), so if you're imagining total support then you've moved out of the realm of other possibilities to fantasy.

Furthermore, if there had been a Red Shell anywhere, you would have died and Blarney would have won without our votes having any consequence at all.

The only reason you came close to winning in this case was because of my plan. The reason my plan didn't work is because I thought you were less trustworthy than Blarney, because nobody trusted shalmelo or kime, because people voted for Gumpy, and because nobody in the village thought to save a Red Shell or Blue Shell for the last second in case the mafia revealed itself through a sudden string of votes.

If you yourself had saved your Red Shell instead of using it on Duna, you could have taken out Blarney and won us the game.

So yeah, don't heap all the blame on me. Everyone shares some blame.

Robos A Go Go on
    edited November 2009
    So back when I was losing the blue vote during race 3 I fired a red shell at Dunadan. Not that any of this was really his fault, but if it had taken him out maybe you guys would have let me be on day 4. And given the secret detail of your scheme, Robos (the taking me out part), I have to admit it was a terrible plan after all.

Having mushrooms for races 1 and 2 really helped a lot. It would have been totally sweet if my third (!) mushroom in the last race had given me the edge despite it all. Of course that seems to have been wildly improbable.

Removing any one wipeout you suffered in the last race would have put you in 10th (+2) and if you had received more than just one vote you could have been further, even with the mafia wingmen focusing on you.

You needed 5th place to guarantee that MrBlarney couldn't win it outright even with a 1st. Which would have been attainable still.

If you had tied for 1st standing, there would have been an extra Versus Mode balloon battle.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
    edited November 2009
    I find it really hard to believe that you would have won if we'd put all of Tiphareth's votes into you as well. That would have just meant that whatever was done to Tiphareth to knock him out of first would have happened to you as well in combination with the hits you took yesterday. Additionally, people would have still voted for Gumpy for no reason (over kime or shalmelo, who unlike Gumpy stood a chance to win from second place), so it's not like total support was really possible.

Furthermore, if there had been a Red Shell anywhere, you would have died and Blarney would have won without our votes having any consequence at all.

The only reason you came close to winning in this case was because of my plan. The reason my plan didn't work is because I thought you were less trustworthy than Blarney, because nobody trusted shalmelo or kime, because nobody trusted Gumpy, and because nobody in the village thought to save a Red Shell or Blue Shell for the last second in case the mafia revealed itself through a sudden string of votes.

If you yourself had saved your Red Shell instead of using it on Duna, you could have taken out Blarney and won us the game.

So yeah, don't heap all the blame on me. Everyone shares some blame.

Alright, sorry, but your ideas were and still are dumb. They make horribly incorrect assumptions that are contradicted by the info given.

A good example is trying to blame FWD for not saving his red shell through a thunderbolt.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
    edited November 2009
    Infidel wrote: »

Alright, sorry, but your ideas were and still are dumb. They make horribly incorrect assumptions that are contradicted by the info given.

A good example is trying to blame FWD for not saving his red shell through a thunderbolt.

Alright, I was wrong about that.

But still, we had no way of knowing that the Mafia didn't have any items that could outright eliminate you. At one point we even thought they had an innate kill.

Given that, it made no sense to put all our stock into FWD. If he had been killed, all the Mafia votes would have been enough to push Blarney into first anyway, and then we'd be blaming whoever decided we should support one person instead of several.

Robos A Go Go on
    edited November 2009
    Ultimately, last night's results were just as much about the common mistake of not being able to peg the right people as mafia (both in our votes and in my decision to not trust FWD) as it was about my strategy. In fact, had we made better choices in the former regard (not supported Blarney, supported kime, and in my case trusted FWD), the latter would have worked out in our favor.

That's not to say that I think the strategy I tried to employ was necessarily the right move, of course. We'd have to look at its impact on various scenarios to be sure about whether or not its effect is predominantly good or bad. I just want to point out that there were other factors at work and that it's not as clear cut as you'd all like to think.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Gandalf_the_CrazedGandalf_the_Crazed Vigilo ConfidoRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I'm willing to share the blame for the village loss.

;-)

Gandalf_the_Crazed on
    PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
    edited November 2009
    Ha, fair enough.

Anyway, did any of the other mafia have special things like the Bowser Shell?

Robos A Go Go on
  • GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Its not my fault ya'll incapable to killing each other

if the top three had been murdered then my tactic would have been fine

Gumpy on
    edited November 2009
    Ha, fair enough.

Everyone had the ability to obtain specials, although often it was just more of a preferred item rather than something new.

Bowser/Bowser Jr. had the shell, Toad/Toadette had the golden mushroom, etc. I think Gandalf started with that one. Triple shells were a form of special item for quite a few. Tiphareth was Mario and kept rolling stars. :lol:

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
    edited November 2009
    Infidel wrote: »
    Ha, fair enough.

Everyone had the ability to obtain specials, although often it was just more of a preferred item rather than something new.

Bowser/Bowser Jr. had the shell, Toad/Toadette had the golden mushroom, etc. I think Gandalf started with that one. Triple shells were a form of special item for quite a few. Tiphareth was Mario and kept rolling stars. :lol:
    *shakes fist*

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
    edited November 2009
    Yeah, first one was stolen at the first round. Then I popped one in second round, popped my third one in third round and got a unused shell in last.

Tiphareth on
  • JaentherJaenther Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I just gotta get this in: remember when I said kill Robos when I die a villager, it'll improve the village?

Yeah.

Jaenther on
    edited November 2009
    Nonsense, I like his style. He tries to pull shit off, and sooner or later he'll learn how to do it properly. Besides, it makes the game funnier and more interesting.

Tiphareth on
This discussion has been closed.