As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Whining, Moaning, Bitching

BroloBrolo BroseidonLord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
edited December 2009 in Social Entropy++
So

as it turns out my girlfriend is pregnant. We've been dating for a year and a half now, and we're both out of school and making decent money (and have been talking about marriage and kids and we're both on the same page), so while this wasn't planned it also wasn't that bad. While it was a bit of a shock we started to look forward to it, for about three weeks...

...until yesterday, when we just found out that she's got a uteral fissure, possibly caused by a tumor. This means that there's a high chance that any baby we try and have will either be a late-term stillborn or have severe birth defects. It also puts her at extreme risk if she ever goes into childbirth since her womb will likely rupture.

With such a risk to her health, her doctor is now advising her to have an abortion. My girlfriend doesn't want to, since apparently a small percentage of women (according to her doctor it's less than 5%) manage to beat the odds, successfully delivering the child and living through childbirth.

I don't really know what to do. I think she should abort, and then once we're married we can adopt. But she doesn't want to hear it. I have no idea what I'm supposed to do here but wait. Either she eventually realizes she has to have the abortion or...

But this isn't a thread about sympathy. This is a thread about whining and bitching about anything, the more trivial the better. Take my mind off of things by telling me your trivial and petty grievances, SE++.

Brolo on

• AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Someone just compared me to Elias from Clerks II

Antimatter on
  • Skull ManSkull Man RIP KUSU Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    360410578_f4733b64db_o.jpg

seriously though, that sucks

Skull Man on
  • AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    dang rolo that sucks :(

I uh

well I wish my gf could find a job and help a bit more with the bills but she's been doing more to keep up the apartment to make up for it

Abracadaniel on
  • DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2009
    damn Rolo, that sucks
    your gf should do the smart thing and abort, but I have no idea how you're going to convince her that some sense of fate isn't at operation here that's going to beat the odds for her

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • StaleghotiStaleghoti Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Pretty much hit the nail on the head buddy.

for lack of a better analogy she's either gotta shit or get off the pot... premenantly off the pot

Staleghoti on
    tmmysta-sig.png2wT1Q.gifYAH!YAH!STEAMYoutubeMixesPSN: Clintown
    Dear satan I wish for this or maybe some of this....oh and I'm a medium or a large.
  • WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    transfer the fetus to a surrogate mother

Weaver on
  • EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Urgh, sorry to hear it Rolo

All-round shitty situation to find yourself in

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • zoom. zip. smash.zoom. zip. smash. Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I just got my skateboard back from Firetruck, but the street outside my apartment is old-school cobblestones, so I can't skate on it very well. And I burnt the last bagel today and my roommate's boyfriend put vinegar in my kettle ("to clean it") while I was gone this weekend and I didn't realize until after I made my coffee Monday morning.

Edit: Also, that is a really crap set of circumstances. :( I don't think I can give you useful advice.

zoom. zip. smash. on
    edited November 2009
    these towels are taking forever to dry and I need to move my laundry to the dryer so hurry the fuck up towels

Weaver on
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Druhim wrote: »
    damn Rolo, that sucks
    your gf should do the smart thing and abort, but I have no idea how you're going to convince her that some sense of fate isn't at operation here that's going to beat the odds for her

Put 100 eggs on the floor and then step on all but five of them in front of her.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure that I've reached the point where more people dislike me than like me.

Robos A Go Go on
    edited November 2009
    My back hurts

I think I have some sort of spinal disorder

I really need to see a chiropractor, or some other kind of back/neck doctor

Staleghoti on
    Dear satan I wish for this or maybe some of this....oh and I'm a medium or a large.
  • A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited November 2009
    I've heard of vinegar through coffee makers, but not in a kettle. Unless that's slang.

A duck! on
    edited November 2009
    uh

man, I really don't have anything

my life is going pretty great

sorry

Skull Man on
    edited November 2009
    tell her that you won't help raise a kid with horrible birth defects

Weaver on
  • Cold Salmon and HatredCold Salmon and Hatred __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2009
    I am absolutely fucking broke at the moment and there is a sale on steam fffffffff

Cold Salmon and Hatred on
  • zimfanzimfan Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I am absolutely fucking broke at the moment and there is a sale on steam fffffffff

I have money but can't run any of the games on Steam!

Moooaaaaaannn

zimfan on
    PasscodeSig.png
    edited November 2009
    A duck! wrote: »
    I've heard of vinegar through coffee makers, but not in a kettle. Unless that's slang.

A kettle as in an electric thingy that boils water because I am a philistine and I drink instant coffee. I have no idea what he was thinking.

zoom. zip. smash. on
  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Weaver wrote: »
    these towels are taking forever to dry and I need to move my laundry to the dryer so hurry the fuck up towels

Take 'em out and hang them somewhere?

Brolo on
    edited November 2009
    Ben Folds Five - Brick

Staleghoti on
  • BlankspaceBlankspace __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2009
    Well uh

this seems insignificant next to Rolo but man my girlfriend for a year now is refusing to do the dirty till marriage and won't budge

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    man, rolo don't worry i won't give you sympathy

i hope you give birth to a horse, you asshole

Calamity Jane on
    twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    scratch that. i hope blankspace's girlfriend gives birth to a horse

a black horse

Calamity Jane on
    twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
    edited November 2009
    Blankspace wrote: »
    Well uh

this seems insignificant next to Rolo but man my girlfriend for a year now is refusing to do the dirty till marriage and won't budge

wow

Skull Man on
    edited November 2009
    Well uh

make a friend at the county to help you fake the marriage certificate, have a fake marriage

Weaver on
  • OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    transfer the fetus to a surrogate mother

Is this possible

Because that sounds like the only way to go if you want to guarantee her safety and keep the child

Otherwise you gotta convince her to abort, man. 5% is not a lot of percents

That is really one of the shittiest situations, Rolo. Dang

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

I wouldn't say that unless I truly meant it.

But I would truly mean it. I couldn't put myself through that level of stress and heartbreak, nor could I be party to thrusting someone into a life marred by such defects.

If you aren't prepared to potentially break up, though, the alternative is help her conceptualize the risk she's putting herself in. She doesn't seem to understand that she's basically consenting to have something horrible happen. Instead, she's framed things in positive terms, probably because she feels she'd be doing something morally wrong otherwise.

Olivaw: You cannot transfer a fetus. The best you can do is harvest her eggs and implant them in a surrogate, I think.

Robos A Go Go on
  • KilljoyKilljoy __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2009
    you don't need a marriage certificate for anal

Killjoy on
  • Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Well uh

in some states this qualifies her for a whoopin'

Clint Eastwood on
    edited November 2009
    Skull Man wrote: »
    Well uh

wow
    Wow because of her or because of me whining?

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Well uh

nah dude that is also a shitty situation to be in

I don't think I could marry someone without knowing if they're any good in bed. It seems like something that made sense when people had a life expectancy of 40 so "waiting until marriage" meant waiting until you were 16 or so.

Can you at least do "everything but sex" sex?

Brolo on
  • LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    That's awful Rolo, I hope things work out for the better. :?

Liiya on
    edited November 2009
    Well uh

wow

what

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    edited November 2009
    Rolo wrote: »
    Well uh

I don't think I could marry someone without knowing if they're any good in bed. It seems like something that made sense when people had a life expectancy of 40 so "waiting until marriage" meant waiting until you were 16 or so.

I can get some handywork done.

That's just about it.

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2009
    Well uh

well

that's soemthing you gotta figure out for yourself if it's a dealbreaker or not

Orikaeshigitae on
    edited November 2009
    It sucks though cause I love her to death but maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    surprise sex

no wait that's probably a bad idea.

Clint Eastwood on
    edited November 2009
    Well uh

wow
    Wow because of her or because of me whining?

because that's retarded

sex is an important component of a relationship and she's basically saying "commit to be for life without knowing if we're sexually compatible at all, or if I even like sex"

Skull Man on
  • FaricazyFaricazy Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Anjin-San wrote: »
    scratch that. i hope blankspace's girlfriend gives birth to a horse

a black horse

bad horse, bad horse

he rides across the nation, the thoroughbred of sin

Faricazy on
    edited November 2009
    Rolo wrote: »
    Well uh

I can get some handywork done.

That's just about it.

That girl is crazy. Does she have some kind of reason why it's (presumably) suddenly not okay?

zoom. zip. smash. on
    edited November 2009

I wouldn't say that unless I truly meant it.

But I would truly mean it. I couldn't put myself through that level of stress and heartbreak, nor could I be party to thrusting someone into a life marred by such defects.

If you aren't prepared to potentially break up, though, the alternative is help her conceptualize the risk she's putting herself in. She doesn't seem to understand that she's basically consenting to have something horrible happen. Instead, she's framed things in positive terms, probably because she feels she'd be doing something morally wrong otherwise.

Olivaw: You cannot transfer a fetus. The best you can do is harvest her eggs and implant them in a surrogate, I think.

Well

fuck

Gotta abort, there's just no other option

That sucks

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
This discussion has been closed.