As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Share your pics!

DarkphibreDarkphibre Photographer / Programmer / Data Scientist / GamerRegistered User regular
edited September 2005 in PAX Archive
Hey all. I don't post much, but I'm a huge PA fan. I'm a bit of a photo nut, and take lots of photos to the cons I go to. You may remember my panoramic from last year's line (I've got more panos for this year). This year I thought we could all post our pictures on flickr, in the "PAX05" set.

I took around 500 photos yesterday, and uploaded a few of the nice ones from the panels/concert. I haven't used flickr to this extent before, but it seems to be the perfect tool for uniting all our photos together.

Don't have much time now, gotta run to the first panel. But upload your photos and add the PAX05 tag.[/url]

Gamertag: Darkphibre, or Me for Halo! darkphibre.com, flickr

Dark Fibre: Fiberoptic cable placed in anticipation of future demand

7z9qpxgpj3ha.png
Darkphibre on

• DarkphibreDarkphibre Photographer / Programmer / Data Scientist / Gamer Registered User regular
    edited August 2005
    I was in such a rush I forgot to link to the set. :)http://www.flickr.com/photos/86326874@N00/sets/830653/

I've posted my panoramas and the rest of my photos to http://www.darkphibre.com/PAX05

I'll have to change the order on Sunday. Right now the slideshow goes backwards in time (from the end of the concert to the first panel).

I've tried to use the schedule's description for the tags:
    "First Day"
    Friday
    Pax05
    "Optimus Rhyme"
    "Penny Arcade Panel 1"
    "Red vs Blue"
    "The Neskimos"
    "The video Game Pianist"
    "Martin Leung"
    "Musical Acts Part I"
    "Online Gaming Industry Panel"

Darkphibre on

7z9qpxgpj3ha.png
  • Spectre45Spectre45 Registered User regular
    edited August 2005
    I've posted a few on my buzznet site.

http://spectre45.buzznet.com/user/

Spectre45 on

Wii Code: Spectre45 - 3045 6435 9861 4101
  • apotheosapotheos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2005
    apotheos on

猿も木から落ちる
  • etoychestetoychest Registered User regular
    edited August 2005
    Great shots Apo. You found Spidey yet? Damn this move and it keeping me from coming out there. Hopefully he's getting good use out of my press pass.

etoychest on
  • PojacoPojaco Registered User regular
    edited August 2005
    apotheos wrote:
    Cool, cool, lots of people, nothing much to see her -- HOLY SHIT IT'S ZELDA.

thank you

Pojaco on
  • jieunjieun Registered User regular
    edited August 2005
    Pojaco wrote:
    apotheos wrote:
    Cool, cool, lots of people, nothing much to see her -- HOLY SHIT IT'S ZELDA.

thank you

... Maybe I'm missing something here but ... isn't that Peach?

Nice pictures by the way everyone :D and I look forward to seeing your gigantic gallery, Darkphibre. I forgot my camera so I didn't take any pictures, boo.

jieun on
    edited August 2005
    My friend has an SLR so I left most of the photos up to him. I'll be sure to share as they become available.

apotheos on

猿も木から落ちる
  • DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited August 2005
    That Princess Peach costume was soooo hott :D :P

wow
    :shock:

peach4xx.jpg

yeah...

there were other awesome costumes. my favorite male costume was the cardboard tube samurai. my favorite female costume was definately princess peach

too bad im not there tomorrow (sunday)

Unknown User on
    edited August 2005
    Unknown User on
  • DarkphibreDarkphibre Photographer / Programmer / Data Scientist / Gamer Registered User regular
    edited August 2005
    jieun wrote:
    Nice pictures by the way everyone :D and I look forward to seeing your gigantic gallery, Darkphibre.

Thanks! Took another 880 today (though the battery died in the middle of MC Chris, so I lost my front-row seat for the MiniBosses while getting the spare).

I'm just uploading a sample of my better pictures to flickr (you only get 20MB transfer/month on the free account).
    It would be cool to see everyone upload their best pictures to this one location; then we'd get a good sample of pictures.
    If they are all tagged with "PAX05", then this link would show everyone's pax pictures in one slideshow.

Darkphibre on

7z9qpxgpj3ha.png
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited August 2005
    Yay! Photos!
    Although this does look far too crowded for me to have enjoyed, I'm sure I'll eventually cave and fly over for the weekend.

Also, the Omegathon prize collection looks pretty crappy compared to last year's. Shame.

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
    edited August 2005
    oooo i was there today when those pics were taken. i remember that ninja guy with princess peach playing halo 2 in the tourny, but their team lost 50 to 4 lol it was rape

Unknown User on
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited August 2005
    Mrcox wrote:
    oooo i was there today when those pics were taken. i remember that ninja guy with princess peach playing halo 2 in the tourny, but their team lost 50 to 4 lol it was rape
    He's Spiderman, not a ninja.

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Dareth RamDareth Ram regular
    edited August 2005
    I'm curious as to how the exibition room looks now that both Nintendo and Microsoft are there this year. Last year the room was packed with Xboxes. Any pics of it?

Dareth Ram on
  • Mr.Sci-FiMr.Sci-Fi Registered User regular
    edited August 2005
    MS only had a three table setup, they basicly didn't have a booth to speak of. It was really disheartening that they weren't there in full force with the 360. They had one xbox being played on a projector on the wall. It was pitafull to say the least.

Nintendo had a huge setup, tons of systems and screens. Their booth was the typical design of what you'd expect to see at a E3 or such, big, bright and gaming happeing on every square inch.

Mr.Sci-Fi on
  • tmonkeytmonkey Registered User regular
    edited August 2005
    Check out GamerTransit.com for our pictures from PAX. Gallery link it on the top right just under the donation link.

tmonkey on
    edited August 2005
    Mojo_Jojo wrote:
    Mrcox wrote:
    He's Spiderman, not a ninja.

he's "The Human Spider"

Unknown User on
  • Syn404Syn404 Registered User regular
    edited August 2005
    Well there was a ninja too.. He was hanging out in the Guild Wars area for a while on Saturday while one of the staffers was giving out quests for CoV preorder boxes. Dunno if that's who was meant, though.

Keep linking to pics! I couldn't make it back today and didn't think of bringing my digital camera the other two days, so I at least want to see all the photos people took. (: Great pics so far.

Syn404 on
    WoW // Cenarius
    Syn - Hunter
    Hagane - Mage
    Synja - Priest
    edited August 2005
    We have some pictures posted up on Gamecloud and some ones that I took this weekend on my blog site http://davescience.1up.com

Unknown User on
  • DJDMDJDM Registered User regular
    edited August 2005
    No pix. Just memories for me.
    tmonkey wrote:
    Check out GamerTransit.com for our pictures from PAX. Gallery link it on the top right just under the donation link.

I looked for you guys but I never saw the bus! The pic of the side in your gallery looks good.
    Perhaps next year. :)

DJDM on
    GameDemoAnimation101806.gif
  • TheMountieTheMountie Registered User regular
    edited August 2005
    TOURNY CONSOLE ROOM STAFF DUDE WITHOUT THE SHIRT WAS ME AHHHHHHHH OH EM GEEEEE k thxubaibaipewpew

http://www.facesofwow.com/gallery/displayimage.php?pos=-16609

oh ya, if ur on the server, send me a message on AOL or MSN, DO IT

TheMountie on
    Dear PAX, next year may i have an enforcer shirt instead of just a staff badge. Love, Tyler.
  • Bionic MonkeyBionic Monkey Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2005
    Syn404 wrote:
    Well there was a ninja too.. He was hanging out in the Guild Wars area for a while on Saturday while one of the staffers was giving out quests for CoV preorder boxes. Dunno if that's who was meant, though.

God that was sweet. I got a CoV pre-order, and a copy of CoH. Huzzah!

Bionic Monkey on
    sig_megas_armed.jpg
    edited August 2005
    Hooray for me and my prohibition against posting pics of myself on the forum!!

http://great.big.sandwich.net/pax2005/

apotheos on

猿も木から落ちる
  • Dear_ConcernedDear_Concerned regular
    edited August 2005
    Mojo_Jojo wrote:
    Yay! Photos!
    Although this does look far too crowded for me to have enjoyed, I'm sure I'll eventually cave and fly over for the weekend.

Also, the Omegathon prize collection looks pretty crappy compared to last year's. Shame.
    What? Every NES thing ever was used in the same sentence with "crappy?" This year's prize was awesome, I thought it was one of the coolest prizes you could give to the type of person who would go to PAX.

Dear_Concerned on
    I'm fairly confident that if cows wanted to be freed, they'd tell me as much.
  • _tepid__tepid_ Registered User regular
    edited August 2005
    apotheos reminds me of a cenobite

_tepid_ on
    The proposed legislation stems from an investigation into an Enumclaw, Wash., farm, where a 45-year-old man died on July 2 from internal bleeding due to a perforated colon resulting from having sex with a horse.
  • Syn404Syn404 Registered User regular
    edited August 2005
    Syn404 wrote:

God that was sweet. I got a CoV pre-order, and a copy of CoH. Huzzah!
    Ditto to the pre-order.. thanks to a helpful guy hanging out by the CoH computers. (: We tried to google the answers to a friend's quest in the GameCloud nook, but as luck would have it, their wireless was acting up.

I also managed to snag a nice Guild Wars poster of the female necromancer when a staffer took pity on me eyeing the tabletop sign with said character forlornly.

Syn404 on
    WoW // Cenarius
    Syn - Hunter
    Hagane - Mage
    Synja - Priest
  • EmirooEmiroo Registered User regular
    edited August 2005
    edited August 2005
    _tepid_ wrote:
    apotheos reminds me of a cenobite

My brain is having trouble balancing the "How could this possibly be a complement?" part with the "You know, you CAN delete his account, part."

apotheos on

猿も木から落ちる
  • GeeCeeGeeCee Registered User regular
    edited August 2005
    Emiroo wrote:
    Gamespot wrote:
    Dya, is MC Chris one of the authors of Penny Arcade, or is he a DJ?

:x

GeeCee on
  • slacktronslacktron Registered User regular
    edited August 2005
    whoa

I had some pictures up, but my server just crashed. I'll post the URL again.

slacktron on
    slacktron_zombie_fighter_sig.jpg
  • ViscountalphaViscountalpha The pen is mightier than the sword http://youtu.be/G_sBOsh-vyIRegistered User regular
    edited August 2005
    Darkphibre wrote:
    I was in such a rush I forgot to link to the set. :)http://www.flickr.com/photos/86326874@N00/sets/830653/

I'll have to change the order on Sunday. Right now the slideshow goes backwards in time (from the end of the concert to the first panel).

I've tried to use the schedule's description for the tags:
    "First Day"
    Friday
    Pax05
    "Optimus Rhyme"
    "Penny Arcade Panel 1"
    "Red vs Blue"
    "The Neskimos"
    "The video Game Pianist"
    "Martin Leung"
    "Musical Acts Part I"
    "Online Gaming Industry Panel"

Somebody privatized this one. I wanted to snag my incident with strawberry spankcake...

Viscountalpha on
  • SPAMZILLASPAMZILLA Registered User regular
    edited August 2005
    We require more pictures.

I still haven't seen myself!

SPAMZILLA on
  • GodOfCheeseGodOfCheese Registered User regular
    edited August 2005
    I haven't seen any pictures of the D&D tournaments yet. I forgot to bring my own camera, so I must lamely rely on the pictures of others... :P

GodOfCheese on
    Max sig size: 500x80px or 4 lines of text <3 Moe
    Behold the power of cheese.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jrunderjrunder Registered User regular
    edited August 2005
    apotheos wrote:

cool the last picture is of my friends and i

jrunder on
  • gray mattergray matter Registered User regular
    edited August 2005
    jrunder wrote:
    apotheos wrote:

I'm the one on the far left! If you look closely you can see my paxsassins watch, or at least I think so.

gray matter on
    GrayMatterSig.jpg
  • LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2005
    jrunder wrote:
    apotheos wrote:

I'm the one on the far left! If you look closely you can see my paxsassins watch, or at least I think so.

I was going to kill you. But I was taken out so damned early.

Fucker...

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
    edited August 2005
    Did anyone grab a picture of Gabe's 3 nieces? They were :shock:

Unknown User on
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited August 2005
    Does anybody have a pic of the two CTSs doing battle, I heard the one with the proper hat and hair sliced the other's tube in half. I cuse myself for missing it.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• SPAMZILLASPAMZILLA Registered User regular
    edited August 2005
    Does anybody have a pic of the two CTSs doing battle, I heard the one with the proper hat and hair sliced the other's tube in half. I cuse myself for missing it.

Actually, its the other way around. The non-proper guy had a much bigger much thicker tube in addition to an unknown amount of kendo training. So yeah, I was ruting for CTS proper guy too. Luckily he had a backup cardboard tube.

That guy was super cool.

SPAMZILLA on
  • xN1NJ4xN1NJ4 Registered User new member
    edited August 2005
    bobbert wrote:
    Did anyone grab a picture of Gabe's 3 nieces? They were :shock:

explain!

xN1NJ4 on
    ninjatune500x80sig.GIF