As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

New Comic for 11/27/09

123457»

• Options
    Run Run RunRun Run Run __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2009
    Fugitive wrote: »
    Oh look Run said some retarded fucking bullshit

Guess I'll dignify it with a response!

Oh look Fugi... who the fuck are you?

Run Run Run on
    kissing.jpg
  • Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    oh boy, Runcube trolling the new comic thread

color me shocked

Abracadaniel on
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    BYToady wrote: »
    That the things you want really do grow on trees.

is the world also on fire in "the back"? I am really weirded out by that panel

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    CyvrosCyvros Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Javen wrote: »
    But seriously, if you take pride in being "the fastest popcorn bag filler ever" there is something really wrong with your priorities.

That's like being proud of being able to tie your shoes really well.

Your job performance is a reflection of you. If you do lazy work, even if that work is filling popcorn bags, you're probably a lazy person.
    Exactly. And if nothing else, you do a good job because you want a good reference at the end of it. I learnt that one the hard way.

Cyvros on
  • Options
    jambojambo AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Although, I'll be honest. I do have a check list.

Am I having fun doing this?

[Yes] Go on then.

[No] Fuck this shit.

So does [Be a fucktard] have like, a shit load of ticks next to it?

jambo on
    lMX1i.jpg
  • Options
    Run Run RunRun Run Run __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2009
    Hey, if you guys are at the top of your game 100% of the time, no matter what you do - more power to you.

I reserve the right to be lazy regarding shit I don't care about / doesn't matter to me. :)

Run Run Run on
    kissing.jpg
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    jambo wrote: »

[Yes] Go on then.

[No] Fuck this shit.

I'd say it's more like [Act like a 5 year old].

KalTorak on
  • Options
    DefenderDefender Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    KalTorak wrote: »
    jambo wrote: »

[Yes] Go on then.

[No] Fuck this shit.

I'd say it's more like [Act like a 5 year old].

Maybe like a five-year-old who is also precociously fucktarded.

Defender on
  • Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2009
    Be on topic in the new comic thread, thanks

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Hey, if you guys are at the top of your game 100% of the time, no matter what you do - more power to you.

I reserve the right to be lazy regarding shit I don't care about / doesn't matter to me. :)

Yes you do, which is why you will likely fail :)

The Black Hunter on
  • Options
    BYToadyBYToady Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Dyscord wrote: »
    BYToady wrote: »
    That the things you want really do grow on trees.

is the world also on fire in "the back"? I am really weirded out by that panel

No, it is obviously being fed by the red sun of krypton, because where else would toys and video games grow on trees and bushes?

BYToady on
    Battletag BYToady#1454
  • Options
    PsydswipePsydswipe Registered User new member
    edited November 2009
    I worked at a Toy Works for a year and a half back in the mid 90s. Unfortunately, our Sunday ads would make it into Saturday's paper so people would come in asking for the product that we would actually have in the back room. We had to hold them so we would have something on the shelves for Sunday. In most cases though, we really didn't have anything good in the back so I would go back there and waste a few minutes just to make the customer happy.

During my time there the big thing was the Power Rangers. If Power Rangers were in our ad there would be a line wrapped around the plaza before we opened. During the summer we'd just dump all the action figures in plastic kiddie pools and let the adults go nuts. I don't recall any fights, but people were rude and we'd have to limit the number of people we let in the store on Sunday mornings.

Psydswipe on
  • Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Stranger than the people who go into stores to ask for things that are obviously sold-out are people that go into stores to ask for things the store obviously never sold in the first place.

At the clothing store where I used to work I was asked if we sold bicycles, tennis rackets and one confused family that wanted to buy the couches in the women's department.

It's very hard to not sound snide when you're very confused and telling somebody that no, we do not sell bicylces here at this clothing and shoe store and as you can see there are no bicycles anywhere on the floor.

TankHammer on
  • Options
    EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I remember once when I was shopping at PC world, I overheard an old man asking a security guard whether or not the store stocked canoes.

On investigating further, they did indeed mean the boat, and it wasn't some obscure slang. What the hell. Yes, I'm sure that computer superstores have canoes in the almighty back.

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    he probably heard about surfing the internet and figured it would be a more relaxing to canoe the internet

Abracadaniel on
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Smart Hero wrote: »
    he probably heard about surfing the internet and figured it would be a more relaxing to canoe the internet

this is an awesome post.
    maybe i'm tired, maybe i should go take a nap, not sure
    but right now, this post is awesome

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    BusterKBusterK Negativity is Boring Cynicism is Cowardice Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I took a fair amount of pride and expended quite a bit of effort in my work at Circuit City for most of the time I worked there. Toward the end however, it became difficult to remain dedicated to making sure the deck chairs were in the right order while the Titanic was sinking.

BusterK on
    Visit http://www.cruzflores.com for all your Cruz Flores needs. Also listen to the podcast I do with Penguin Incarnate http://wgsgshow.podomatic.com
    Amazon Wishlist: http://www.amazon.com/BusterK/wishlist/3JPEKJGX9G54I/ref=cm_wl_search_bin_1
  • Options
    ZeroFillZeroFill Feeling much better. A nice, green leaf.Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    circuit city sucked

you were a tool of that terrible machine

though they were good for returning random crap back to them that wasn't even necessarily purchased there with that "no questions asked" return policy

good one
    , circuit city

ZeroFill on
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    ZeroFill wrote: »
    circuit city sucked

you were a tool of that terrible machine

though they were good for returning random crap back to them that wasn't even necessarily purchased there with that "no questions asked" return policy

good one
    , circuit city

I worked at a Fry's and a Circuit City within the same year. HUGE contrast in return policies. And I could still barely sell protection plans.

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2009
    god, stupid goddamn protection plans
    no, I don't need to buy a protection plan for this $20 pair of earbuds

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    it's always a good idea to have protection
    you might get hearing aids

Abracadaniel on
  • Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    the only thing protection plans are worth buying for are laptops and televisions.

everything else is pointless.

Cilla Black on
  • Options
    ZeroFillZeroFill Feeling much better. A nice, green leaf.Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Smart Hero wrote: »
    it's always a good idea to have protection
    you might get hearing aids

will you be here all night

TELL ME YOU'LL BE HERE ALL NIGHT

ZeroFill on
This discussion has been closed.