As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Calorie counting websites?

maverickpixelmaverickpixel Registered User regular
edited November 2009 in Help / Advice Forum
Hello there

So I'm in search of a good calorie counting website. I've tried using fitday but I had to enter in so many foods that weren't in there data base it became exausting. I have also tried using spark poeple which is a little bit better with food entry but effs up with exercise and the tracking thereof , lettme splain . SP has a weight loss system where you follow their calories eaten and burned then you should lose two pounds per mnth. It's not a badsystem just that when I logged my six mile run it went red saying that I drastically went over my cals burned for the week.... In one day. So I thought I could change my settings but that just lead to SP telling me I'm obease ... Stupid bmi charts... And more importantly I can't change how much weight I would like to loose per month (220 now hope to be at 180) also SP didn't have any way of calc caps burned for weight lifting
on the plus side they have an iPhone app for SP

So I need a site where it can find foods fast and let me log my cals burned freely and easily and it would be greAt if they has mobile logging

Thanks for the help ... And I wrote this all on my iPhone so sorry for any typos

maverickpixel on

• ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Pad and pen?

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • MadpandaMadpanda suburbs west of chicagoRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Thedailyplate.com is what I use. You can probably access it via iphone and you can enter calories burned freeform. It takes a bit of setting up at first but if you eat a lot of the same meals all the time (ie grilled chicken with veggies) once you do the initial manual work its really easy to add them.

Also don't pay attention to bmi charts or how many theoretical calories you burned per week. Eating healthy and excercise will show in the way your clothes fit etc.

Madpanda on
    camo_sig2.png
    Steam/PSN/XBL/Minecraft / LoL / - Benevicious | WoW - Duckwood - Rajhek
  • ElinElin Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    The Daily Plate has an iPhone app I believe.

Elin on
    Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • HeirHeir Ausitn, TXRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Elin wrote: »
    The Daily Plate has an iPhone app I believe.

Yep it uses the Livestrong app. Works great too.

Heir on
    camo_sig2.png
  • DistramDistram __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2009
    http://www.fitday.com

I've lost 85 pounds while using it. It and an elliptical trainer are the keys to my success.

Also,

Your Bodyweight X 12 is how many calories you burn just existing, sitting around, working at a sedentary job etc

Eating Your Bodyweight X 10 in calories daily will result in weight loss. (ex. 175 lbs. X 10 = 1750 Calories/Day)

Distram on
  • SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    There's also caloriecount.com

Satsumomo on
  • noobertnoobert Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    On the off chance that you are Australian, check out: http://www.calorieking.com.au/

noobert on
  • RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I'll second TheDailyPlate

or third whatever

very good site

Raneados on
  • SolandraSolandra Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I'm liking www.myfitnesspal.com - the foods database is huge, it lets you track what you're doing as far as calories in and exercise, and at the end of the day when you're finished, it tells you where you'll be in 5 weeks if every day was like today. No red flags if you deviate from the plan.

Solandra on
  • maverickpixelmaverickpixel Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    my fitness pal has the same thing...

so it asks how many times am i going to exercising per week... that is usually six.

but my work out times range. its not just 30 mins per week. Mostly my weight training lasts 30 mins.
    But for running i can run from 30-80 mins burning 400-1200 calories. I usually run 3 times a week with a long run on sundays.

My fitness pall was suggesting that my daily caloric intake be 1400 a day. Obviously thats not going to work with running.

i guess im stuck with fit day

maverickpixel on
  • SolandraSolandra Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    my fitness pal has the same thing...

so it asks how many times am i going to exercising per week... that is usually six.

but my work out times range. its not just 30 mins per week. Mostly my weight training lasts 30 mins.
    But for running i can run from 30-80 mins burning 400-1200 calories. I usually run 3 times a week with a long run on sundays.

My fitness pall was suggesting that my daily caloric intake be 1400 a day. Obviously thats not going to work with running.

i guess im stuck with fit day

Actually, if you record your excercise it will add those calories to your daily total for that day. So if your target intake is 1400/day and you enter your 400 calorie run, your updated total will be 1800 calories.

Solandra on
  • variantvariant Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    variant on
  • -AKIRA--AKIRA- Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Lose It! is pretty awesome, especially for a free iPhone app. There's lots of precalculated food and activities in there, and you can easily add more stuff. If you're concerned about more than calories, there's also a setting to monitor all kinds of nutrients like sodium, fat, etc.

-AKIRA- on