As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

So what's on your Christmas list?

13»

• Options
    MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    1. http://www.nikonusa.com/Find-Your-Nikon/Product/Digital-Camera/26120/COOLPIX-S560.html
    2. Aquarius Pendant
    http://allwicca.com/jewelry/zodiac-birthsigns/aquarius-pendant/prod_782.html
    3. Chakra spire pendant
    http://metapot.com/product.php?productid=5978&cat=1139&page=1
    4. Large crystal pendant (amethyst leather cord)
    http://www.wehug.com/crystal-point-pendants-gallery6b.html
    5. Jacket
    http://www.forever21.com/product.asp?catalog_name=FOREVER21&category_name=OUTWR&product_id=2066082453&showBACK=OK
    7. Sims 3
    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/The+Sims+3+-+Mac/Windows/9135946.p?id=1218032068743&skuId=9135946&st=sims%203&lp=1&cp=1
    8. The Flash Hoodie http://www.superherostuff.com/characters/TheFlash/TheFlash.html
    9.Wonder Woman Hoodie http://www.superherostuff.com/characters/Superman/superhero_hoodies_batman_superman.html
    10. http://johnnywander.bigcartel.com/product/mawzantine-crest-mens-womens
    11.http://www.amazon.com/Encyclopedia-Contemporary-Literary-Theory-Approaches/dp/080206860X/ref=cm_syf_dtl_top_1
    12.http://www.amazon.com/Critical-Theory-Today-User-Friendly-Guide/dp/0415974100/ref=sr_1_14?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1257811217&sr=1-14

My folks are going to kill me. I keep editing the list. I had a scanner on there but while visiting the boyfriend's family for Thanksgiving they gave me their old one because they're moving and trying to get rid of things. Go me!

I don't expect everything on the list considering my birthday is in Feb. and of this stuff is expensive. I'm looking forward to those Literary theory books though, only because I'm tired of sitting in class going "...yeeaaaah" when someone brings up something. This shit doesn't come naturally to an English major, I learned and it seems like my professors kind of expect us to know it already...?

Whatever. It'll be a good Christmas.:mrgreen:

Mim on
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2009
    I would like some books!

Honk on
    PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    CorbiusCorbius Shepard Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I believe I will be getting a trip to Japan for Christmas.
    So that will be fun.

My Christmas lists usually have lots of games on it, but I've pretty much already bought everything I want that comes out this year.

Corbius on
    wrexsig1.jpg
    PSN: Corbius
  • Options
    JohannenJohannen Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Corbius wrote: »

You lucky bastard!

Johannen on
  • Options
    CorbiusCorbius Shepard Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Johannen wrote: »

You lucky bastard!

Well, its a trip to Japan from Korea, so the flight part is hella cheap.

Still, it should be awesome.

Corbius on
    wrexsig1.jpg
    PSN: Corbius
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Johannen wrote: »

You lucky bastard!

Well, its a trip to Japan from Korea, so the flight part is hella cheap.

Still, it should be awesome.

O.k, fair enough. Still, silly awesome though. I may be biased as I have wanted to travel to Japan since I was about 10 years old.

Johannen on
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Farscape: The Complete Series
    Some new, high quality winter gloves
    Beef jerky

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    actually, I quite fancy a kindle or one of those new Nook e-readers.

not that it's gonna happen, but a girl can dream.

BobCesca on
  • Options
    XaevXaev Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I asked for a Zune for Christmas.

My mom gave away that I am getting a Zune.

I'm happy with that. My old 2 gb player is a little small and poorly featured. :P

Xaev on
    Steam - Lysus || XBL - Veax || PSN - Lysus || WoW - Lysus (Korgath - US) || Guild Wars - Lysus Yjirkar || Starcraft II - Lysus.781 || League of Legends - Lysus
    Feel free to add me on whatever network, it's always more fun to play with people than alone
  • Options
    Mom2KatMom2Kat Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Well this is the wish list e-mail I sent out to my family cause they were bugging me for one

Katheryn
    Size 7-8 fits perfect so I guess one size larger would be nice. Her favorite colours this year are Purple and blue. But really she likes them all. She has enough barbies and other dolls. She is still a reading fiend. She loves to ride her bike when the weather is good. Oh and she loves the Lego series of games for both the Xbox 360 and the Wii. We have Lego Batman already though.

Brian and Diane
    Mostly we have what we want or need. Brian says a nice set of TV tables ( preferably the wooden ones) Would be nice. He is also looking into getting Rock Band for the Xbox 360 the whole band set. Money is always a good thing. A nice large Bookshelf would rock too. Perhaps a Blu-Ray Player. Sorry I am not much help here.

yeah for me ists the giving rather than the getting that is important. I love watching my daughter go through her piles of stuff (first grandchild on both sides, she gets TONS) and the look on my familyies faces when the gag or real gift hits the right mark. This year I think I am going to get my father something for his bike or the Bobcat he is rebuilding.

Mom2Kat on
  • Options
    TrusTrus Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Beef jerky

how did I not think of that!?

Trus on
    qFN53.png
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Oooh that reminds me - my gf's dad just got 3 deer in 3 days so we're expecting to get a hefty load of deer meat this year, including deer jerky. Yum.

KalTorak on
  • Options
    TK-42-1TK-42-1 Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I want an edger and a cordless drill. getting old and having a house takes the fun out of christmas. you start asking for shit you need instead of shit youd never buy for yourself :\

TK-42-1 on
    sig.jpgsmugriders.gif
  • Options
    CristoCristo Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Quid wrote: »
    Love.

Someone to share my happiness with

:cry:

Cristo on
  • Options
    RohanRohan Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    KalTorak wrote: »
    Oooh that reminds me - my gf's dad just got 3 deer in 3 days so we're expecting to get a hefty load of deer meat this year, including deer jerky. Yum.

You can be that guy Billy Connolly was talking about when it came to leftover venison.

The Cook Book

Rohan on
    ...and I thought of how all those people died, and what a good death that is. That nobody can blame you for it, because everyone else died along with you, and it is the fault of none, save those who did the killing.

Nothing's forgotten, nothing is ever forgotten
  • Options
    wenchkillawenchkilla Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Cristo wrote: »
    Quid wrote: »
    Love.

Someone to share my happiness with

:cry:

What happiness? Didn't you see the Chelsea game today? :lol:

wenchkilla on
    gamingsig.jpg
    PSN/XBL: dragoniemx
  • Options
    starmanbrandstarmanbrand Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I'm not much of a christmas guy. Someone on PAForums put it in a similar fashion- I like quality things and I don't mind spending money on high end items. But I don't want other people to spend a bunch of money on me and I don't want crap. And since my family/girlfriend demand I provide them with items to get me, my priority items were-
    -A really nice bathrobe/slippers because my room is 60 degrees for most of the day
    -a boardgame that my girlfriend would be willing to play with me often.

That said, I also bought myself a B&N Nook.

Gifts I'm giving that I am already sure of:
    A comfortable office chair for my girlfriend (She's been using a cushioned folding chair to compute from as long as I've known her!)
    6 months of Netflix for my ma'+step pa' (I'd get them more, but my mom has a tendency to not-ever-use gifts I give her.)

starmanbrand on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    BerenBeren Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Huh. Nooks are sold out, apparently. Well, snap.

Beren on
    PS4: DarconvillesCat
  • Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    My mommy is paying my plane ticket home to visit the parents at New Years. I asked her not to, of course, but she knows my bank account number and has all my deposit slips so it's really difficult to stop her.

Regina Fong on
  • Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    My mom back.

Kagera on
    My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    The CatThe Cat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2009
    Kagera wrote: »
    My mom back.
    *hug*

The Cat on
    tmsig.jpg
  • Options
    local flavor policelocal flavor police Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    im pretty easy to shop for. as long as its sharp and or dangerous its cool with me. a crossbow would be tits but i doubt that's happening, cause im talking about a 1500 dollar 450FPS death launcher here. (not to mention i cant legally hunt with one where i live) i'll probally get a bonzai tree or somthin like that. alcohol is always good.

local flavor police on
    Steam: LocalFlavorPolice
  • Options
    jimb213jimb213 Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    a new hottub cover - a couple of big hail storms and an australian shepherd puppy I watched for a week demolished mine...

plane tickets - my girlfriend lives 1500 miles away, so any help we can get to have a weekend together is always appreciated.

A laptop/camera combo backpack

gift certificates, 'cause the rest of my family is kinda bad at buying clothes, books, or anything else I like for me...

This is probably the first Christmas since my brother and I got a NES back in the day that I haven't asked for anything videogame related. It actually feels a little weird...

jimb213 on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    The Cat wrote: »
    Kagera wrote: »
    My mom back.
    *hug*

I'll give her back when I'm done with her.
    I just got a horrible feeling that Kageras post wasn't a joke

Johannen on
  • Options
    FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Assassin's Creed 2
    Solium Infernum

I feel like perhaps I shouldn't be asking for a game about vying for the throne of hell on Christmas but hey so it goes.

Fiaryn on
    Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • Options
    BackstopBackstop Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    A few games, like Punch-Out and something from the Layton series. A couple of things for the kitchen. The problem is I like to get kitchen things that are "recommended good" by places like Cooks' Illustrated and such as, and my gift-giving relatives generally go for the $1.99 Wal-mart bin.

I need some ideas for gifts for my mother, she's got three of everything in the world and is kind of a hoarder. Is there stuff out there that helps organize a thousand pieces of kitchen gadgetry or clothes that are jammed into a closet a mile high?

Backstop on
  • Options
    SithDrummerSithDrummer Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Primarily a bicycle

SithDrummer on
  • Options
    jeddy leejeddy lee Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I normally tell my wife everything I could possibly want as theres rarely anything I need. Among these are:

Bioshock
    Banana Republic Hoodie
    Venture Bros. Cuff Links
    Captain Britain Omnibus
    N64 & DK 64 / Turok
    Any Harry Potter hard covers
    New cutting boards
    Dress Shoes
    Toblarone
    Firefly on Bluray
    Good Eats: The Early Years
    Final Fantasy: Dissidia

So yeah... thats like a 10th of it. I like doing it because it gives her tons of ideas and I have no idea what I'll be getting.

jeddy lee on
    Backlog Challenge: 0%
    0/8

PS2
    FF X replay

PS3
    God of War 1&2 HD
    Rachet and Clank Future
    MGS 4
    Prince of Persia

Bayonetta
    Fable 3