As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Chat] Goose & Lightning: The Snow Sabbath Shark Swallow

• Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Chanus wrote: »
    Are there any hidden gotchas to dropping? EG: Do you need a certain number of credits to be considered "full time" for the quarter / semester / year / whatever?

12 credit hours per semester is standard full time, I think... for reference purposes.

That's in the US. If I recall she is Canadian....

edit: beat'd

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Senjutsu wrote: »
    I have like 4 Ws on my transcript

it ain't that big a deal

Nobody cares about a W.

A D or F is a different story.

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Are there any hidden gotchas to dropping? EG: Do you need a certain number of credits to be considered "full time" for the quarter / semester / year / whatever?

Maybe, I don't think so. I remember during our orientation we were told to drop classes if we had part time jobs and such based on a certain hours formula, and my Learning Disability advisor told me to consider dropping a class at the beginning of the year. I'm going to talk to my TA tomorrow morning and find out where I go for more information and to start the process.

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • Options
    SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I have a singular F on my transcript

Beat the fuck out of that course the second time, though

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    I don't see whats wrong with steam when purchasing games, unless you mean to use their applet to download it.

Doesn't Direct 2 Drive have a certain amount of downloads you are allowed to have for the game? I thought I remember something like that when I got the blood masquarade off their site.

I get about 3x the download speed (about 1 megabyte per second sustained) out of Direct2Drive. And you unlock it once during install and never have to deal with them again after that.

Honestly don't know about a download limit. I just burnt my install files to DVD.

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009

12 credit hours per semester is standard full time, I think... for reference purposes.

Balls. :P

Chanus on
    Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    edited December 2009

Maybe, I don't think so. I remember during our orientation we were told to drop classes if we had part time jobs and such based on a certain hours formula, and my Learning Disability advisor told me to consider dropping a class at the beginning of the year. I'm going to talk to my TA tomorrow morning and find out where I go for more information and to start the process.

You probably have to fill out a form with your faculty office

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009

Assuming UofT works like here (an okish guess), she probably needs 9 credit hours a week to be full time in a semester, which is 3 courses

I'm at York. The course I want to drop is a 9, but I'm taking two other 9s, a 6, and a 3.

• Options
    edited December 2009

Even in the US different institutions have different criteria for a "full load"

But I don't know of anywhere where 4 courses wouldn't fulfill it (unless they're some sort of weird 1 credithour course or something)

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    There is a lizard climbing the wall. I am staring at it.

Cinders on
  • Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    And now, to make everybody angry:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzxoLZXF9SI

RonaldoTheGypsy on
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited December 2009

Assuming UofT works like here (an okish guess), she probably needs 9 credit hours a week to be full time in a semester, which is 3 courses

I'm at York. The course I want to drop is a 9, but I'm taking two other 9s, a 6, and a 3.
    Those are course hours? You're taking 36 hours of classes currently?

A heavy load in college in the US is 18 per semester. People pushing hard to finish in 3 years will take 20 per semester.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    And now, to make everybody angry:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzxoLZXF9SI

You know how I know you're gay?

Chanus on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    to be honest nobody even looked at my transcript when I graduated

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Oh UofT, they are doing this lame thing which your gf looks like she will be affected where they charge the same for everyone, even if you are only taking 3 classes that semester you will have to pay as if you are taking 5.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
  • Options
    MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    MikeMan on
  • Options
    edited December 2009

A heavy load in college in the US is 18 per semester. People pushing hard to finish in 3 years will take 20 per semester.

Must be on the metric system or something... or that's just insane. :)

Chanus on
  • Options
    Premier kakosPremier kakos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2009
    This [chat] is still alive? Jesus. You know what it needs more of, though? Giant cocks.

giant%2Bchicken%2Bcock.jpg

Premier kakos on
  • Options
    edited December 2009

No, credits per course.

• Options
    edited December 2009
    It's reached the ceiling. I wonder where it will go now.

Cinders on
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited December 2009

No, credits per course.
    Ah, ok. Here they're basically synonymous. A 1 hour, 3 times a week class gets you 3 credits.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Cinders wrote: »
    It's reached the ceiling. I wonder where it will go now.
    into another dimension

MikeMan on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    York is weird

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    MikeMan wrote: »
    Nancy Ellen Abrams, a cultural philosopher

what does that mean?!

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited December 2009

Outside of academia nobody will bother unless it's a really high competition position.

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I don't know any gay people who like Coldplay.

They all like Lady Gaga and other random stuff.

RonaldoTheGypsy on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Podly wrote: »

what does that mean?!

Sounds like that What The Bleep Do We Know? bullshit to me.

Chanus on
  • Options
    edited December 2009

what does that mean?!
    she's basically an anthropologist

in my opinion that just means she's the writer and he's the cosmologist

anyway it's a fascinating book. very cool and they make a good point

MikeMan on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Man, Aquaria is such a beautiful game.

Cinders on
  • Options
    Phil G.Phil G. __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2009

And you don't have to be gay to enjoy Lady Gaga

Right?

Phil G. on
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    The hell is this course hours system?

UoT works on credits: Fullyear course is 1.0, Halfyear course is 0.5. To be a full-time student you need to have 3.0 credits or more worth of courses, anything less than that is part-time. You can have a maximum 5.0 credits per year, with 6.0 credits granted for a limited time registration early in the year if you want to add a 6th credit. And you need 20.0 credits to graduate.

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    edited December 2009

what does that mean?!

Do I sound like the type of person who would recommend that kind of bullshit?

Give me more credit.

MikeMan on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Phil G. wrote: »

And you don't have to be gay to enjoy Lady Gaga

Right?

WRONG :P

Chanus on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    So when is that next wacky expansion coming out for WoW? What with the cataclwhatsit. Or whatever.

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Monkey Island is almost done downloading! Woo!

Nova_C on
  • Options
    edited December 2009

what does that mean?!

Do I sound like the type of person who would recommend that kind of bullshit?

Give me more credit.

You may have a point there. :)

Chanus on
  • Options
    JokermanJokerman Everything EverywhereRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009

you and sarah pallin have something in common!

You betcha!

Jokerman on
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited December 2009

what does that mean?!
    she's basically an anthropologist

in my opinion that just means she's the writer and he's the cosmologist

anyway it's a fascinating book. very cool and they make a good point

wait, you were being serious?

you're like a year away from becoming a scientologist

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    So when is that next wacky expansion coming out for WoW? What with the cataclwhatsit. Or whatever.

A year from now.

Edit: Actually probably 10 months.

Cinders on
  • Options
    monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I kind of want to make a thread on the Swiss banning minarets, but I figure it'll just be a bunch of people agreeing that it's stupid and then turn into a religion thread.

I never make good threads. :(

moniker on
This discussion has been closed.