As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Chaos] Chaos in the Old World - Game 2 - Slaanesh Victory

• KiasKias Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    On a side note, I don't have my board in front of me, but shouldn't Slaanesh be the leader for threat if we are all tied on turn dials?

Kias on
    steam_sig.png

• DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Kias wrote: »
    On a side note, I don't have my board in front of me, but shouldn't Slaanesh be the leader for threat if we are all tied on turn dials?

Threat dials are in the third post; I'm pretty sure it's right, but feel free to check. It isn't as simple as who is closest to the end of their dial.

Edit: I just looked, and it's correct. Tzeentch is considered more threatening at that level.

Darian on
  • RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    It is really damn hard to double dial as Slaanesh, I am now fully realizing. You have to get extremely lucky, and the cultist upgrade is 100% essential it appears. That shortest dial to victory is a real big tease.

All sorts of different approaches would have been possible for me in the last round with the cultist upgrade instead of the greater daemon. Oh well, live and learn! I certainly feel like this is a strong showing for me seeing how as I've never played before.

Rius on
    edited December 2009
    Speaking of upgrades...

Tzeentch needs to choose an upgrade, then you may discard a card

Slaanesh needs to choose an upgrade

Darian on
    edited December 2009
    Ahh, I think the Cultist upgrade for me, yes indeed.

Rius on
    edited December 2009
    Hands are updated for everyone other than Tzeentch.

Darian on
  • Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Yeah, yeah, gimme a break; I operate on a completely different understanding of time to you guys.

I'll take Power of Magic and discard a Dazzle.

Mr_Rose on
    ...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
    edited December 2009
    With the Ruination of the southwest, the Old World finds itself Plunged Into Chaos once more.

Plunged into Chaos
    Each player immediately scores 1 VP for each Peasant token he has claimed. The player who has claimed the most Peasant tokens scores 3 additional VP.
    Discard this card instead of adding it to the Old World track.

New VP:
    Khorne: 17 + 9 = 26
    Nurgle: 35 + 1 = 36
    Tzeentch: 34 + 1 = 35
    Slaanesh: 34 + 1 = 35

Still active: Peasant Uprising increases the resistance for each peasant, and Norse Reavers will kill a peasant at each event token.

CitOW_g2r51.gif

Khorne is active to begin the summoning phase

Darian on
    edited December 2009
    Wait, Plunged into Chaos again? That's... boring as hell. I didn't know there were duplicate Old World cards, that seems kinda silly.

Rius on
    edited December 2009
    Rius wrote: »
    Wait, Plunged into Chaos again? That's... boring as hell. I didn't know there were duplicate Old World cards, that seems kinda silly.

I shuffled up the actual cards to draw the Old World set. They really aren't the most impressive; pretty much leaves it up to the gods to do their thing without much interference.

Darian on
    edited December 2009
    Darian wrote: »
    Rius wrote: »

I shuffled up the actual cards to draw the Old World set. They really aren't the most impressive; pretty much leaves it up to the gods to do their thing without much interference.

I'm sorry, I wasn't implying foul play or anything. I guess I figured the OW cards were a sort of randomly thrown monkey wrench to force players to show some adaptability.

Rius on
  • CelebrimCelebrim Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    It is time to prove yourselves, my minions! BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!

The Blood God's Call - 2 - When you play this card, immediately move up to two of your figures to this region from any other region or regions. - on The Empire, demons from Bretonnia and The Badlands.

Khorne - 5/7 PP Remaining.

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!

Celebrim on
    edited December 2009
    That is a fantastic card.

Rius on
    edited December 2009
    Hey Kias, come take a turn =)

Rius on
    edited December 2009
    Sorry for the delay!

Leper from Bretonia to Kislev

6/6 PP remain

Kias on
    steam_sig.png

edited December 2009
    That move is not legal; Kislev is not adjacent to Bretonnia or any of your other figures.

Darian on
    edited December 2009
    Indeed! I just realized that, sorry! :oops:

I forgot to check my cards anyway, been a long day.

Rain of Pus in The Empire- The defense value of Nurgle figures in this region is increased by one

5/6 PP remain

Kias on
    steam_sig.png

edited December 2009
    With that, no more spells may be cast in the Empire this turn.

CitOW_g2r52.gif

Darian on
    edited December 2009
    Acolyte from Tilea to the Border Princes, taking a warpstone chunk along for the ride.

6/7PP remain

Mr_Rose on
    edited December 2009
    Ahh, look at all the fun and excitement to be had! There's plenty to go around, too. I shall whisper in the ears of the gentry and speed them towards their doom.

Perverse Infiltration - 0 - When you play this card, place one corruption token in this region. This does not give you a dial advancement token.

Played in The Border Princes.

Slaanesh @ 6/6 PP Remaining.

Rius on
    edited December 2009
    With the Ruination of the southwest, the Old World finds itself Plunged Into Chaos once more.

Still active: Peasant Uprising increases the resistance for each peasant, and Norse Reavers will kill a peasant at each event token.

CitOW_g2r53.gif

Khorne (5/7) issues the Blood God's Call, bringing two Bloodletters to the Empire (instant effect)
    Nurgle (5/6) starts a Rain of Pus in the Empire (+1 to defense for Nurgle's figures)
    Tzeentch (6/7) brings an acolyte with a Warpstone from Tilea to the Border Princes
    Slaanesh (6/6) causes a Perverse Infiltration in the Border Princes (instant effect)

Darian on
    edited December 2009
    I don't know how many princes will survive this season.

Reborn In Blood - 2 - During the battle phase, conduct an additional battle in this region.

on The Border Princes.

Khorne 3/7 PP remaining.

You have fair warning, it is in Tzeentch and Nurgle's best interest not to meddle in The Badlands.

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!

Celebrim on
    edited December 2009
    Leper from Bretonnia to the Empire

5/6 pp remain

Kias on
    steam_sig.png

edited December 2009
    Move one Acolyte from Bretonnia to The Border Princes taking a warpstone with him.

5/7 PP remain.

Mr_Rose on
    edited December 2009
    I believe my card fills up the slots in that region.

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!

Celebrim on
    edited December 2009
    Oh yeah. Nevermind then.

Mr_Rose on
    edited December 2009
    You fellas don't think you can have all the fun by yourselves, do you?

MOVE the Keeper of Secrets from the Badlands to the Border Princes.

Slaanesh @ 3/6 PP Remaining.

Rius on
    edited December 2009
    Well, if you're going to come to me, even better.

Greater Daemon to The Border Princes.

Khorne @ 0/7 PP.

I guess my brothers will have to deal with the Badlands themselves after all.

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!

Celebrim on
    edited December 2009

CitOW_g2r54.gif

Khorne (5/7) issues the Blood God's Call, bringing two Bloodletters to the Empire (instant effect)
    Nurgle (5/6) starts a Rain of Pus in the Empire (+1 to defense for Nurgle's figures)
    Tzeentch (6/7) brings an acolyte with a Warpstone from Tilea to the Border Princes
    Slaanesh (6/6) causes a Perverse Infiltration in the Border Princes (instant effect)

Khorne (3/7) declares the Border Princes will be Reborn in Blood (2nd battle phase to be fought)
    Nurgle (5/6) slips a leper from Bretonnia to the Empire (free)
    Tzeentch (5/7) orders another acolyte to lug a Warpstone to The Border Princes, this time from Bretonnia
    Slaanesh (3/6) feels his Keeper of Secrets will serve better in the Border Princes

Khorne (0/7) decides the time is ripe for his Bloodthirster to emerge in the Border Princes

Darian on
    edited December 2009
    My analysis:

If Nurgle has 5 lepers survive in the Empire he gets +17 VP
    Whomever ruins the border princes gets +14 VP max
    Slaanesh couldn't ruin both regions (would need all 6 cultists for the badlands), but could dominate The badlands for +2VP still not enough.

Tzeentch -
    You'd probably have to send all your cultists to the Border Princes if you want a shot as there will be 17 attack dice thrown, none by you. If you sent cultists to the Empire or The Badlands you just make your brothers' jobs easier.

Slaanesh -
    You can move 3 cultists.
    If you put 3 in the Badlands, you risk a teleport by Tzeentch, and would still lose in VP if Nurgle got the empire.
    If you put 3 in the Empire, Nurgle would still win that if 5 survive.
    If you put less than 3 in the Border Princes they may not survive my Bloodthirster so either I or Tzeentch will ruin the region (and contributor VP only adds up 10VP for both Empire and Princes if you somehow had surviving cultists in both).

In conclusion, if everyone goes for a VP victory, Nurgle will probably win. You should instead be fighting each other!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!

Correction, SLaanesh could get 6VP for 2nd place in the Empire, but would still need 2 surviving cultists in the Princes to pull off primary ruiner.

Celebrim on
    edited December 2009
    You've had a lot of time to think about this =P

I think a lot of that supposition doesn't matter since you can't predict what the dice will do. It's a three way tie and the two important regions are cardlocked, and it's probably going to come down to who's got how many dice and how they land.

Rius on
    edited December 2009
    Also you're missing a lot of points to be calculated here and there. With ruiners scoring, first place overall corruption and second place overall, there's going to be a lot happening.

Rius on
    edited December 2009
    Leper to Kislev

5/6 PP remain

Kias on
    steam_sig.png

edited December 2009
    One Acolyte to the Badlands

4/6 PP remain

Mr_Rose on
    edited December 2009
    MOVE cultist from Tilea to the Empire.

Slaanesh @ 2/6 PP Remaining.

Rius on
    edited December 2009

CitOW_g2r55.gif

Khorne (3/7) declares the Border Princes will be Reborn in Blood (2nd battle phase to be fought)
    Nurgle (5/6) slips a leper from Bretonnia to the Empire (free)
    Tzeentch (5/7) orders another acolyte to lug a Warpstone to The Border Princes, this time from Bretonnia
    Slaanesh (3/6) feels his Keeper of Secrets will serve better in the Border Princes

Khorne (0/7) decides the time is ripe for his Bloodthirster to emerge in the Border Princes
    Nurgle (5/6) continues spreading, sending a leper to Kislev (free)
    Tzeentch (4/7) orders an acolyte into the Badlands
    Slaanesh (2/6) slips a seductress from Tilea to the Empire

Nurgle is active

Darian on
    edited December 2009
    Leper from Tilea to the Border Princes

5/6 PP remain

Kias on
    steam_sig.png

edited December 2009
    Oh dear, it looks like there's been some sort of magical disturbance in Kislev: Drain Power - 0 - When you play this card, you gain one power point. Each other player with at least one Cultist in this region loses one power point.

5/7 PP remain

Mr_Rose on
    edited December 2009
    Nurgle: 4/6 PP remain

Darian on
    edited December 2009
    The last of Slaanesh's Seductresses leaves the wasteland that was once known as Tilea.

MOVE the last Cultist in Tilea to the Empire.

Slaanesh @ 1/6 PP Remaining.

Rius on