As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

If seconds count, [chat].

• Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2009
    Give him a christmas hat, duh, sabs.

Change the blue guys shirt to red and the black shirt to green.

God.

You're so stupid.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    descolada wrote: »
    Alecthar wrote: »
    Podly wrote: »
    Iceland is full of green

Greenland is full of ice

It's full of ice and has something very close to the highest per capita suicide rate in the world.

Go Japan! 8th or 9th place, I forget what our most recent ranking is. I do wonder about Greenland's stats though, as it wasn't listed serparately under the wikipedia entry for suicide rates per country, I guess cause it's still part of the Kingdom of Denmark or whatever.

Also, trying to teach Japanese people to sing English christmas carols is frustrating as hell, especially when they insist on trying to read from katakana pronounciations instead of just listening and mimicing what I sing. It's... not... the same... GAH!

They have purobulemes redinig mulitipele conosonanetes

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Rust wrote: »
    podly is much too busy being smarter than you to think logically

Powerpuppies on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    Premier kakosPremier kakos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2009
    Kagera wrote: »
    There should be Mall Thanatos' during the holidays.

Never happen. He'd put the mall food courts out of business by eating all their food.

Premier kakos on
  • Options
    Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited December 2009

God.

You're so stupid.

A christmas hat is lame.

Though I can't be surprised that you would suggest putting lame hats on people, you are used to wearing those retard helmets all the time.

Edit: Also blue guy? There isn't no blue unless you think the grey shirt is blue, looks like someone might be colour blind.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Abby, was I talked with you about RA3 the other day?

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2009
    Winky wrote: »
    MSPA had inspired me.

I really want to do one, I totally could (though it wouldn't be half as awesome as S_O's).

Just think about it.

I could do one where you control various [chat]ers.

Have you looked at one of his frames close up in MS Paint?

It's pretty crazy.

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    podly is much too busy being smarter than you to think logically

The thing is I'm not even trying to argue with him, or anyone. I'm just giving some very flexible definitions to make the debate easier to understand, so people don't spend as much time talking past each other because they think they're using the same word to mean the same thing.

Passerbye on
  • Options
    edited December 2009

God.

You're so stupid.

A christmas hat is lame.

Though I can't be surprised that you would suggest putting lame hats on people, you are used to wearing those retard helmets all the time.

ur mom iz a retad helmut

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    RustRust __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2009
    MSPA had inspired me.

I really want to do one, I totally could (though it wouldn't be half as awesome as S_O's).

Just think about it.

have you read problem sleuth

you would have to be clinically insane with an entire armada of clinically insane contributors and have more work ethic than a fleet of steam shovels manned by hard-eyed amish heretics to come anywhere near MSPA

part of its appeal for me is it's something i can look at and think, so few people could do this

Rust on
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Rarely is anything other than all 4. It would be like breaking down music into:

Melodic Music
    Ambient Music
    Rhythmic Music
    Artistic Music
    Pop Music
    Public Music

when, really music is constantly all of those things. To try and say that a piece is "decorative" as part of its ontology, that a piece is somehow decorative and merely art-istic shows a deeply fragmented perspective concerning art. If the point was to make things "clearer," I don't see how nebulous descriptions help the matter much.

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    I can't wait until there's enough snow to do something about it. I wanna just ski for miles.

It was bright and sunny today.

I miss our latitudes, lat-bro.

Suddenly there was ice and I nearly broke my neck when stepping off the bus

here at the coast we get like, no snow at all

it's just cold and shitty, generally

an hour or two inland however

winter wonderland

scandinavia.TMO2003050.jpg

I'm in the southwestern bare patch.

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    DaxonDaxon Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Daxon wrote: »
    I still hold that art should not try to kill you with boredom while it discusses death.

Why? What is art? How can art be anything other than boring?
    It should also only be considered "great" if it is accessible to the common man and not only pretentious fucks.

Why? How is Ingmar Bergman not accessible by the common man? Does this not reflect more of an elitist streak in you, to think that the "common man" cannot grasp what an Ingmar Bergman film is about? What is some examples of what you believe is "great" art, and how and why is it accessible to the common man?
    This is why I think "interpretative dance" is wasteful and dumb.

How is "Interpretive Dance" not accessible to the common man? Is not "moving" on of the most common activities imaginable?

I will freely admit that my opinions on things often lead to it seeming like trolling - mostly cause very few people on the internet (that aren't morons) agree with me. I will also admit that I enjoy having these opinions because they do stir up a bit of controversy. They are however still things I truly believe in.

Firstly, how can art be truly anything but boring? By being good. There is plenty of art I enjoy - little things that I find on the internet or things that I just randomly find and think it's clever or thought-provoking. This is all what I'd consider common art. It's like that French guy who runs around Paris creating small chalk paintings and whatnot that are rubbed out pretty much the next day.

Ingmar Bergman hasn't made a movie that is easily watched. Hence it is not accessible to the common man. I like to consider myself pretty tolerant to pretentious artsy crap and I couldn't bear watching a second more of that movie. It was like 2001: A Space Odyssey, I do not understand why I watched that entire thing (admittedly I skipped through the twenty minutes towards the end of FANTASTIC LIGHT SHOW) because it was utter shyte yet so many people hail it as being the greatest work of scifi ever. I do not like these people.

Interpretive (god how the fuck do you spell that?) dance is not open to the common man either. It's 3 hours of somebody in weird clothes moving around to some music saying random words at random times. This apparently holds some deeper meaning. Only pretentious art fucks would agree to this.

Daxon on
  • Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2009
    My feet are cold.

_J_ on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    I can't wait until there's enough snow to do something about it. I wanna just ski for miles.

winter wonderland

[IG]http://veimages.gsfc.nasa.gov/16372/scandinavia.TMO2003050.jpg[/IMG]

That's kind of funny, I think it works oppositely in alaska. It gets too cold in the area I lived in (in central alaska) for it to snow too regularly after november.

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    I've fully embraced the fact that I'm a creature born of emotion maybe more than reason

so I do all my rationalizing after the fact.

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I like to consider myself pretty tolerant to pretentious artsy crap

Obviously.

Kagera on
    My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Rarely is anything other than all 4. It would be like breaking down music into:

Melodic Music
    Ambient Music
    Rhythmic Music
    Artistic Music
    Pop Music
    Public Music

when, really music is constantly all of those things. To try and say that a piece is "decorative" as part of its ontology, that a piece is somehow decorative and merely art-istic shows a deeply fragmented perspective concerning art. If the point was to make things "clearer," I don't see how nebulous descriptions help the matter much.

Podly if you're going to start a debate about the relatively qualities and merit of art you can't get upset when someone brings some very loose definitions into, then mentions that some art can fall under any number of those definitions.
    Passerbye wrote: »
    Now obviously things can fall under multiple categories here, but I hope that further explains things.

I would say that some art is just craft (my chainmail, for example, or my uncle's cabinets), for example. That doesn't mean that other chainmail isn't made just to inspire a reaction. Basically I'm using the intention of the artist here to provide definitions.

Passerbye on
  • Options
    edited December 2009

Obviously.

seriously daxon your opinions are cool in the respect that they probably make people like podly and riemann twitch but even if you're trolling to an extent you're coming off as someone with the attention span of a flea

i watched citizen kane for the first time just last night, it was rad

your standards are so poorly defined

Rust on
  • Options
    edited December 2009

winter wonderland

[IG]http://veimages.gsfc.nasa.gov/16372/scandinavia.TMO2003050.jpg[/IMG]

That's kind of funny, I think it works oppositely in alaska. It gets too cold in the area I lived in (in central alaska) for it to snow too regularly after november.

You have the clearly superior manly temperatures. All we have is wind and rain, year around

EDIT: We is western norway.

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Brigareindeer General Abdhyius, what is our current fortification situation?

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    DaxonDaxon Registered User regular
    edited December 2009

Obviously.

Now what's that supposed to me? Tolerating it cause something in it might be good doesn't mean I will regularly expose myself to it because it is still pretentious crap.

Yeah, I'm not very tolerant of it I guess. But I will knuckle down and get through it if enough people endorse it as being "THE SECOND COMING LEVEL OF AWESOME" (I'm not entirely sure if the second coming is meant to be awesome hrrmmm..).

Daxon on
  • Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    My unvaccinated nephews are coming to visit me. How can I protect myself from disease?

Cinders on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Abby, was I talked with you about RA3 the other day?

Yes. I have not actually played the game beyond the demo. I might correct this in the near future.

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Cinders wrote: »
    My unvaccinated nephews are coming to visit me. How can I protect myself from disease?

vaccinate them.

Powerpuppies on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    MSPA had inspired me.

Just think about it.

have you read problem sleuth

you would have to be clinically insane with an entire armada of clinically insane contributors and have more work ethic than a fleet of steam shovels manned by hard-eyed amish heretics to come anywhere near MSPA

part of its appeal for me is it's something i can look at and think, so few people could do this

Well, no, I'm quite aware of this. Particularly as it gets closer towards the end, it just enters a realm of things I wouldn't be capable of in my wildest dreams.

I mean that I could make something in the same vein as jailbreak.

Winky on
  • Options
    edited December 2009

Why aren't they vaccinated?

Passerbye on
  • Options
    edited December 2009

vaccinate them.

I don't have insurance

Plus my sister would probably stop me.

Cinders on
  • Options
    edited December 2009

The Second Candy Cane Guard has secured the battlements, and are ready to hold at all costs. Our ten-pounder christmas tree guns are being brought to bear as we speak.

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    _J_ wrote: »
    My feet are cold.

Well, they're made of metal

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    edited December 2009

Obviously.

Now what's that supposed to me? Tolerating it cause something in it might be good doesn't mean I will regularly expose myself to it because it is still pretentious crap.

Yeah, I'm not very tolerant of it I guess. But I will knuckle down and get through it if enough people endorse it as being "THE SECOND COMING LEVEL OF AWESOME" (I'm not entirely sure if the second coming is meant to be awesome hrrmmm..).

The statement I quoted is much like you saying 'I like to consider myself pretty tolerant of perverted faggots'.

It aptly shows just how INtolerant you are.

Kagera on
    My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    edited December 2009

you know at first i thought you misspelled brigadier

then i reread the post and one of my eyes tried to escape my skull

Rust on
  • Options
    edited December 2009

fire

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    edited December 2009

vaccinate them.

I don't have insurance

Your sister is a silly.

Passerbye on
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Who wants to be the first character?

Winky on
  • Options
    edited December 2009

vaccinate them.

I don't have insurance

Well she's clearly an idiot

You should not make a habit of listening to idiots

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    Premier kakosPremier kakos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2009
    _J_ wrote: »
    My feet are cold.

That will make your microprocessors run faster.

Premier kakos on
  • Options
    edited December 2009

vaccinate them.

I don't have insurance

Buy gas masks, duct tape, and heavy duty garbage bags. Fashion full body suits out of garbage bags and tape. Once you have sealed your own suit, seal off your nephews.

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Passerbye wrote: »

vaccinate them.

I don't have insurance

Your sister is a silly.

Yes. Most things in my life are silly. Or depressing. Or depressing and silly.

Cinders on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Who wants to be the first character?

I do!

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
This discussion has been closed.