As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Naked Mole [chat]s: They Look Kinda Like Dicks

Premier kakosPremier kakos Registered User, ClubPA regular
edited December 2009 in Debate and/or Discourse
molerat.jpg

Oh god! What is that thing! Let me tell you about that thing. It is not a penis with feet and giant teeth, but rather something better: a naked mole rat. Naked mole rats are nearly blind, living in deep tunnels, are one of two eusocial (like bees) mammals, are impervious to pain, live a ridiculously long time (up to 30 years), are immune to cancer, and can survive for long periods of time with no oxygen without suffering brain damage. They are truly nature's greatest little freak show.

naked-mole-rat.jpg

20071026pets_naked_mole_rats_006_500.jpg

Premier kakos on

• PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Pretty cool.

Passerbye on
  • Premier kakosPremier kakos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2009
    Passer, you stick by me and my awesome [chat]s.

Premier kakos on
  • PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Naked penis creatures seem more appropriate for a [chat] anyway.

Passerbye on
  • firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Isn't that something. Something horrific. But in a good way.

Anyway, hey chat. I'm cooking good things.

firewaterword on
    Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • DaxonDaxon Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Kagera wrote: »
    Daxon wrote: »
    Kagera wrote: »
    Daxon wrote: »
    I like to consider myself pretty tolerant to pretentious artsy crap

Obviously.

Now what's that supposed to me? Tolerating it cause something in it might be good doesn't mean I will regularly expose myself to it because it is still pretentious crap.

Yeah, I'm not very tolerant of it I guess. But I will knuckle down and get through it if enough people endorse it as being "THE SECOND COMING LEVEL OF AWESOME" (I'm not entirely sure if the second coming is meant to be awesome hrrmmm..).

The statement I quoted is much like you saying 'I like to consider myself pretty tolerant of perverted faggots'.

It aptly shows just how INtolerant you are.

Interestingly, if you read the third sentence of my post you would see me admitting this. Oh dear, now that was embarrassing wasn't it?

Podly, I read your post. Yes I enjoy art, I stop enjoying it when it becomes to bloody abstract to decipher any meaning from it without carefully analysing it frame by frame (in the case of a movie) or by having some art degree - this is what I mean that it is not accessible to the common man.

Art does not have to be easy and mindless. It should however stop itself from being convoluted to the point of dumb.

I watched all ten minutes of that contemporary dance (which I guess is what I've been meaning for the past few posts) and I had no fucking idea what was going on. I was also bored as shit, mayhaps I'm an idiot but take 100 people off the street to watch that and I'm pretty certain most would have left/started chatting to each other rather than watch it after 2 minutes.

Rust, pretentious and long-winded would be Podly's video of people dancing to some music for ten minutes trying to tell a story when they could probably have told the exact same story using words in five seconds. They could instead have spent ten minutes making those words the finest words to tell the story in.

I would also like to add that the ending to Lucky Number Slevin was glorious as always and I must now take my leave as it is 2 am and I must get up in five hours. PM me if you've got anything more to say.

posting in both chats cause I cba, good night [chat]

Daxon on
    edited December 2009

Wha'cha cookin'? :D

Passerbye on
  • firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Are those teets on the first one?

firewaterword on
    edited December 2009
    Are those teets on the first one?

Why, yes, yes, they are. Mmmm. Naked mole milk.

Premier kakos on
    edited December 2009
    Is anyone else having trouble with images not showing?

Passerbye on
    edited December 2009
    Passerbye wrote: »

Cornish game hens! With coleslaw. And risotto.

But I'm being lazy on the risotto. But that's OK, because it'll be delicious.

firewaterword on
    edited December 2009
    I'd just like to point out that my thread was created moments before the other [chat] thread.

Premier kakos on
    edited December 2009

Cornish game hens are the greatest thing ever. Miniature chickens. Mmmmm.

Premier kakos on
    edited December 2009

How are you being lazy with the risotto?

Also, how're you cooking the hens? I've never cooked them before, last time I had them I was 5 and I ran screaming because they had their heads still on.

Passerbye on
    edited December 2009

Also, how're you cooking the hens? I've never cooked them before, last time I had them I was 5 and I ran screaming because they had their heads still on.

D: What kind of fucked up cornish game hens did your parents get? Rotisserie is the best way to cook hens.

Premier kakos on
  • WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    That creature is terrible to look upon.

Why would you base a [chat] around such a vile--

Oh, I get it. It's like a dong.

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
    edited December 2009
    D: What kind of fucked up cornish game hens did your parents get? Rotisserie is the best way to cook hens.

It was at a restaurant.

Passerbye on
    edited December 2009

I'm not really standing there to add the broth like I should, primarily because it's from a Trader Joe's box. I'm just checking it every few minutes.

For the hens, I'm just roasting them. Hour and a half at 350. Rubbed with herb butter under the skin - mostly rosemary and lemon thyme.

And that sounds kind of traumatic!

firewaterword on
  • Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    DONG

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
    edited December 2009
    So, did Irond really plan on checking to make sure everyone who posted in the [chat] thread had posted elsewhere first?

Premier kakos on
    edited December 2009
    I'm not really standing there to add the broth like I should, primarily because it's from a Trader Joe's box. I'm just checking it every few minutes.

For the hens, I'm just roasting them. Hour and a half at 350. Rubbed with herb butter under the skin - mostly rosemary and lemon thyme.

Ah, box risotto. Yeah, it'll be fine. Not as good, but still fine.

The herb butter sounds good, I'll have to try that next time I make chicken.

It was a little scary, but not too bad. I still eat meat and what-not now. I just don't like it when things still have their heads. Except fish, 'cause fish eyes are tasty.

Passerbye on
  • Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    So, did Irond really plan on checking to make sure everyone who posted in the [chat] thread had posted elsewhere first?
    Will is all-knowing and all-seeing.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
    edited December 2009
    Passerbye on
    edited December 2009

It was a little scary, but not too bad. I still eat meat and what-not now. I just don't like it when things still have their heads. Except fish, 'cause fish eyes are tasty.

What about crustaceans? I had tempura shrimp once that had the deep fried head. That was mildly disturbing.

Premier kakos on
    edited December 2009
    I posted that like two nights ago!

Easily -- EASILY -- the cutest thing I have ever seen. Ever.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
    edited December 2009

Yeah, the risotto is kind of a "because it's there and the hens are too small to feed 4 people" thing.

But these should be pretty good. Next time I'm going to cook them in my le creuset I think, depending on how these turn out. I'm always afraid stuff will dry out, hence the butter.

firewaterword on
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    All I know about naked mole rats is that I killed the shit out of them in Fallout and they apparently make a strange squishy sqeaking noise upon death.

HappylilElf on
    edited December 2009
    Premier kakos on
    edited December 2009

What about crustaceans? I had tempura shrimp once that had the deep fried head. That was mildly disturbing.

Yah, I don't like shrimp heads either. Or whole crabs. Maybe if I found something particularly delicious associated with the head it'd be ok (like crawfish heads - yum!), but generally no, it's too creepy. I'd have to have Dyr pull the heads off, then ignore the shrimp for a while before eating the tails.

Passerbye on
    edited December 2009
    I still giggle like a little girl when I see it.

"Gootchygootchygootchygootchy GOO!" *surprised kitty look*
    Me: "HEEHEEHEEHEEHEEHEE"

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
    edited December 2009

Man, shrimp heads are delicious.

firewaterword on
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Holy shit Passerbye and apparently Visiblehowl.

Should have sent a poet.

HappylilElf on
    edited December 2009
    I still giggle like a little girl when I see it.

"Gootchygootchygootchygootchy GOO!" *surprised kitty look*
    Me: "HEEHEEHEEHEEHEEHEE"

I just came across it earlier today.

It's too cute.

Passerbye on
  • WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    abby1.jpg?t=1259718691

You are ABDHYIUS. You are pretty good at RISK. You are a GUY. I don't really remember anything else right now, maybe it will come to me. I mean, you've been around a while.

You have woken up in a STRANGE ROOM. It was not the same STRANGE ROOM that you went to sleep in.

What will you do?

Winky on
    edited December 2009
    Winky wrote: »
    abby1.jpg?t=1259718691

You are ABDHYIUS. You are pretty good at RISK. You are a GUY. I don't really remember anything else right now, maybe it will come to me. I mean, you've been around a while.

You have woken up in a STRANGE ROOM. It was not the same STRANGE ROOM that you went to sleep in.

What will you do?

Not me? :(

Premier kakos on
    edited December 2009
    That turtle is making amazing noises.

firewaterword on
  • descoladadescolada Registered User regular
    edited December 2009

Eh, think of it more as a sign of how fresh and unprocessed it was. They could have literally plucked that thing fresh from the ocean. Just don't eat it like the tail.

descolada on
  • JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2009
    THIS CHAT SUCKS. JOIN THE OTHER ONE.

JustinSane07 on
    edited December 2009
    I am hungry now.

I will go eat dinner.

Good day.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
    edited December 2009
    You have to suck the heads.
    :winky:

firewaterword on
  • WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Hey, I asked who wanted to be first, and abdy said he wanted it!

Winky on
This discussion has been closed.