As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Naked Mole [chat]s: They Look Kinda Like Dicks

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    MikeMan wrote: »
    AJ this is amazing.

Alright, I was afraid you were all just finding it annoying and was going to stop.

Winky on
  • Options
    Premier kakosPremier kakos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2009
    --> CHARGE the CAPITALISTS, PENIS in ONE HAND, SICKLE in the OTHER HAND

Premier kakos on
  • Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Hey chat.

Cornish game hens were a great success.

firewaterword on
    Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • Options
    AlectharAlecthar Alan Shore We're not territorial about that sort of thing, are we?Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Cokebotle wrote: »
    Get Shogun the boardgame, or Junta.

I've heard of Shogun but not Junta. I shall investigate. Right now I'm mainly looking at games that can support a decent number of players and are not too long. Couple hours tops. I just found one that went on my list that goes up to 8 players in 20-40 minutes. Wooo party game.

I would have recommended Arkham Horror, but that game takes like 2 to 4 hours to play.

Alecthar on
  • Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Candy cane of the people!

So It Goes on
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I played Arkham Horror and I was pretty whatever about it. To be utterly fair however, apparently the guy running the game got one of the rules wrong and we apparently got really lucky in our items so we were very powerful.

I need to give the game another shake sometime.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Guys give me tips to make my electric bill go down. I can't make it any colder though cause goddamn I am cold in here.

So It Goes on
  • Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Passerbye wrote: »
    sigh

people on this forum seem to devote 2 out of every 3 posts to proving their knowledge superior on irrelevant topics

I don't think it's irrelevant when "protecting the point of origin" of something has a noticeable economic impact on certain regions.

how many times do you eat kobe beef a year?

it's almost always a form of internet oneupsmanship

the holy grail of course is when someone does an 'actually, that's a common misconception' and then someone cuts in with a 'actually the idea that that is a common misconception is actually a common misconception'

The question is how much of a monopoly does Japan have over Kobe beef and who gets to buy it. When they're outsourcing to places like California but maintain their ridiculous prices, then knowing the quality structures is important.

I'm not saying that internet oneupmanship doesn't happen, I'm just saying this case, at least from my perspective, isn't that.

Passerbye on
  • Options
    MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Arkham horror is fun but jesus christ. Takes fucking forever.

MikeMan on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    So It Goes wrote: »
    Candy cane of the people!

Youuuuuu rang?

Premier kakos on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Hm. I am tempted to just get a fuck ton of boardgames for christmas.

This is becoming an addiction.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    God damn buying board games is way too complicated, so many different versions and reprints and limited expansions and different versions of the same game from different publishers as they bought and sold the rights and blarg.

Heh this friday my student association is doing a pub/games night, going to have some board games, card games and a wii set up along with 2 dollar drinks. I found my old board game "Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego?"

:D

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    You guys, I want to introduce you to my friend, Colby the Computer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNtVF_xbcmU

Everything Is Terrible is an enormous time waster.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    If I ever have kids, I'm going to teach them that Santa Clause is a quantum mechanical phenomenon that exists in a superposition of all kids' chimneys at once and if they observe him, they DESTROY HIM.
    But then you'd have to explain why he, as opposed to all other classically-sized objects, does not have the illusion of permanence.

Well, as it turns out, Santa clause is not actually a person, but a vibrating string that is looped on itself and exists in 11 or 24 dimensions.

I feel dirty for bringing string theory in to this.
    Wait there's a version of string/m-theory that has 24 dimensions? I've never heard of that.

MikeMan on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Guys give me tips to make my electric bill go down. I can't make it any colder though cause goddamn I am cold in here.

Turn off the computer? WAIT! DON'T DO THAT! We'd miss you. :cry:

Premier kakos on
  • Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009

You totally need an electric blanket then!

firewaterword on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Arkham horror is fun but jesus christ. Takes fucking forever.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/286

I'll post the relevant bit because it may not be obvious though:

Playing Time
    480 minutes

WHAT THE FUCK?!

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    OK, going to watch Carriers.

Be good, etc. etc.

Passerbye on
  • Options
    edited December 2009

I so need one of those. I bet my bill would go up though.

So It Goes on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    --> CHARGE the CAPITALISTS, PENIS in ONE HAND, SICKLE in the OTHER HAND

dualweild.jpg

The CAPITALIST have FLED. You VIGOROUSLY SHAKE the COCK and SICKLE just to make sure they won't come back.

Winky on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Hm. I am tempted to just get a fuck ton of boardgames for christmas.

This is becoming an addiction.

Man I love board games.

I make my friends play them.

Winky on
  • Options
    edited December 2009

I'll do a better job at keeping you warm and I use NO electricity.

Premier kakos on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    --> Quickly retrieve arms from the drawer.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    TheExAmTheExAm Gerrymandered your districts Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    --> Attach COCK to SICKLE, forming a formidable COCKSICKLE

edit: Damn!

TheExAm on
    6Jx6HOg.png
    Battlemans: DiscoCabbage | Elite: Dangerous: Aleksandr Khabaj
  • Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    -->FOLLOW the CAPITALISTS to FIND THE WAY OUT

Powerpuppies on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    descoladadescolada Registered User regular
    edited December 2009

I've heard of Shogun but not Junta. I shall investigate. Right now I'm mainly looking at games that can support a decent number of players and are not too long. Couple hours tops. I just found one that went on my list that goes up to 8 players in 20-40 minutes. Wooo party game.

Party game? Easy rules? Supports lots of players? Leads to pointless and silly debates? Apples to Apples

Good for when the game isn't actually the focus, like a party where people are just hanging out. Great with alcohol.

Or if you want something more legit and complex, if gaming is to be the main focus, I suppose you can't go wrong with Settlers of Cataan, but I'm sure you know this one already if you've been researching boardgames. Only supports four players without an expansion. Regular play will lead to frequent "got mad wood for sheep" jokes or some variant thereof.

descolada on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    --> This attack is no random encounter, surely, it is a grand plot by the CAPITALISTS to take over the world. I head to the door leading outside, OPEN it wide, COCK and SICKLE in hand, gazing into the DISTANCE where CERTAINLY a terrible PLOT by the CAPITALISTS is about to UNFOLD! QUEUE INTRO MUSIC and OPENING TITLE!

Premier kakos on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Apples to apples is fantastic descolada. I'd pick it up but between my friends we already have 2-3 copies. Lovely game.

And yes, I own Settlers. Also Seafarers, and Cities and Knights, and Traders and Barbarians....

I have an addiction and the only cure is more cardboard.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited December 2009

Everything Is Terrible is an enormous time waster.
    i have a feeling i'd need to be high as a kite to fully appreciate this

MikeMan on
  • Options
    AlectharAlecthar Alan Shore We're not territorial about that sort of thing, are we?Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    descolada wrote: »

Party game? Easy rules? Supports lots of players? Leads to pointless and silly debates? Apples to Apples

Good for when the game isn't actually the focus, like a party where people are just hanging out. Great with alcohol.

Or if you want something more legit and complex, if gaming is to be the main focus, I suppose you can't go wrong with Settlers of Cataan, but I'm sure you know this one already if you've been researching boardgames. Only supports four players without an expansion. Regular play will lead to frequent "got mad wood for sheep" jokes or some variant thereof.

I like Settlers, but after you play it three or four times, you don't really need to play again.

Alecthar on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Alecthar wrote: »
    I like Settlers, but after you play it three or four times, you don't really need to play again.

Man I really can't agree with this or really even get where you are coming from with this opinion. I've played settlers...I don't know but at least close to 50 times.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited December 2009

Jesus Christ.

MikeMan on
  • Options
    edited December 2009

Jesus Christ.

No, I'm kakos.

Premier kakos on
  • Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Ok mages in Oblivion are basically retarded strong.

STATE OF THE ART ROBOT on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    -->FOLLOW the CAPITALISTS to FIND THE WAY OUT

strangeroomotherside.jpg

You change the CAMERA ANGLE to see where the CAPITALISTS went. It appears that they ESCAPED by climbing on the BACKS OF THE WORKING CLASS. You refuse to follow in their footsteps.

Winky on
  • Options
    edited December 2009

Man I really can't agree with this or really even get where you are coming from with this opinion. I've played settlers...I don't know but at least close to 50 times.

Maybe it's just me, but I find that the base game gets old pretty fast.

But then again, I haven't played in a while, and all board games have a powerful social element. Maybe with a different group of folks than I've played with previously, I'd find the same longevity in the game.

Alecthar on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    firewaterword on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Ok mages in Oblivion are basically retarded strong.

I dont' know that I've played many video games that balance magic well against the more mundane.

Alecthar on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Maybe it's just me, but I find that the base game gets old pretty fast.

But then again, I haven't played in a while, and all board games have a powerful social element. Maybe with a different group of folks than I've played with previously, I'd find the same longevity in the game.

That's true. And the base game is indeed a pinch limited in scope. I find if you pick up Seafarers that with the right group you could never be bored of the game. Seafarers adds numerous scenarios to play, that have randomization as a part of the set up. The possibilities are pretty vast.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    --> HELP the WORKING CLASS to their FEET and ASK them to HELP MOVING the SAFE under the WINDOW

Premier kakos on
This discussion has been closed.