As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Bomber Jacket

Count ZeroCount Zero Registered User regular
edited December 2009 in Social Entropy++
Allright guys so pretty simple question. I want a coat for winter, specifically I want this coat:

MA-1%20Flight%20Jacket-Sage%20Green.jpg
http://www.shopalphaindustries.com/Alpha/mens/products.php?item=1

Does anybody have any personal experience with it to help persuade/dissuade me on the matter ? any other advice on nylon bomber jackets, like what/where to buy would also be welcome, I'm in the seattle area if that helps.

Also if the way it looks isn't exactly your cup of tea that's great for you but I like it, so if you want to bash it I guess I cant stop you but it wont really affect the way I see it.

Edit: oh crap i thought i was in help and advise, if someone could see it in the doodness of their hearts to either move or delete this i would be most grateful.

image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38624&dateline=1248802110
Count Zero on

• alternatingAberrationalternatingAberration I am the milk man My milk is deliciousRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    We don't support terrorism.

alternatingAberration on
    xI8QS1g.jpg?1
  • VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    we have a fashion thread around here somewhere as well as a help and advice forum

I think they might be better places to find what you are looking for

Vivixenne on
    XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Count ZeroCount Zero Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Yeah I got my subforums crossed.

Count Zero on
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    yeah, you should head into our fashion thread anyway, they're much better than dumb ol' H/A

Centipede Damascus on
  • WrenWren ninja_bird Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    parka's are better for hiding c4

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
  • TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Krosius wrote: »
    We don't support terrorism.

I bet you could hide hella C4 under that.

TheStig on
    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
    edited December 2009
    yeah, you should head into our fashion thread anyway, they're much better than dumb ol' H/A

I also doubt the fashion thread would touch this jacket with a ten foot pole, they have far better taste than that.

Count Zero on
  • humblehumble Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    dont goto D&D they are pretentious morons who will try and convince you to buy a mid length trench coat with oversized brass buttons and a hideous belts

humble on
    edited December 2009
    Count Zero wrote: »

I also doubt the fashion thread would touch this jacket with a ten foot pole, they have far better taste than that.

They might wear it ironically, or ironically ironically.

TheStig on
  • RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Wren wrote: »
    parka's are better for hiding c4

you don't use apostrophes for plurals

you uncouth lout

Raneados on
    edited December 2009
    humble wrote: »
    dont goto D&D they are pretentious morons who will try and convince you to buy a mid length trench coat with oversized brass buttons and a hideous belts
    Are you sure about that ? I think communistcow has some very interesting things to say about suits and the rocking thereof.

Count Zero on
    edited December 2009
    Are you sure about that ? I think communistcow has some very interesting things to say about suits and the rocking thereof.

AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHA

humble on
  • Stormin JoeStormin Joe Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    go to a surplus store they may have actual vietnam era jackets, they are warmer too

Stormin Joe on
    joviet.gif
    Tossrock: Somolia, you know Mogadishu, Blackhawk down?
    Qorzm: I'm sorry, I don't follow hip-hop
    edited December 2009
    read this stuff for a better insight

http://www.gq.com/style/style-guy

also usually they have a good article where they show different people and how they dress and they fix them up with proper fitting clothing and tell you what to look for

humble on
  • scrivenerjonesscrivenerjones Registered User regular
    edited December 2009

cant just rock the suit bro, gotta have the sweet beard and weirdly bloated smirk to go along with

scrivenerjones on
  • VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited December 2009

ahahahahaha

that dude

that dude

Vivixenne on
  • balerbowerbalerbower Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    peacoats and scarves everyday

balerbower on
  • Seattle ThreadSeattle Thread Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    H/A is the subforum with Thanatos
    brett

brett brett

Seattle Thread on
    kofz2amsvqm3.png
    edited December 2009
    go to a surplus store they may have actual vietnam era jackets, they are warmer too

This is good advice, I'll definitely look into it. Anybody know any good surplus shops in and around Seattle ? I've got google maps to help me out but any suggestions would be good.

Count Zero on
  • ascotascot Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    You want it.
    And then you buy it.
    You know where sells it.
    Why is this a thread?

ascot on
  • RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    i don't get that brett thing

why is it such a huge deal

Raneados on
  • ascotascot Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Raneados wrote: »
    i don't get that brett thing

why is it such a huge deal

Seattle

(actually, i think that's true this time)

ascot on
    edited December 2009
    ascot wrote: »
    You want it.
    And then you buy it.
    You know where sells it.
    Why is this a thread?

with a jacket at least you have to consider function before form

humble on
    edited December 2009

This is good advice, I'll definitely look into it. Anybody know any good surplus shops in and around Seattle ? I've got google maps to help me out but any suggestions would be good.
    There's an Army/Navy surplus store just north of Pike Place Market, I wanna say on Western. But if you just keep going north from the park at the north end, you can't miss it.

Seattle Thread on
    kofz2amsvqm3.png
  • scrivenerjonesscrivenerjones Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Makershot wrote: »

There's an Army/Navy surplus store just north of Pike Place Market, I wanna say on Western. But if you just keep going north from the park at the north end, you can't miss it.

I thought that was how you get to the rape and murder alley

I mean

never mind :mrgreen:

scrivenerjones on
    edited December 2009
    Makershot wrote: »

I thought that was how you get to the rape and murder alley

I mean

never mind :mrgreen:

No, those are the directions for the north park glory hole.

TheStig on
    edited December 2009

cant just rock the suit bro, gotta have the sweet beard and weirdly bloated smirk to go along with

for a guy who talked so much about fashion and its importance and how to wear clothes and finding the right fit

the picture of himself in that one suit is terrible, and not even only because of the look on his face

but because the suit he is wearing DOES NOT FIT HIM and is in fact a terrible look

Vivixenne on
    edited December 2009
    ohh, can you post the picture? I need to see this.

TheStig on
    edited December 2009
    It's also a good place to score some crack

Seattle Thread on
    kofz2amsvqm3.png
    edited December 2009
    Vivixenne wrote: »

for a guy who talked so much about fashion and its importance and how to wear clothes and finding the right fit

the picture of himself in that one suit is terrible, and not even only because of the look on his face

but because the suit he is wearing DOES NOT FIT HIM and is in fact a terrible look

AHAHA I just saw it

what the fuck that looks AWFUL

Raneados on
    edited December 2009
    Raneados wrote: »
    Vivixenne wrote: »

AHAHA I just saw it

what the fuck that looks AWFUL

can you link the picture because seriously I was never good at internet detectiving

Vivixenne on
    edited December 2009
    BAM

14snuqr.jpg

look at that idiot

Raneados on
    edited December 2009
    ahahahhaha what the fuck

TheStig on
    edited December 2009
    it looks like he's wearing a children's tuxedo

Raneados on
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    that's not it, man

Centipede Damascus on
    edited December 2009
    ahahaha I think it's bee photoshopped to add shadow too

ahahaha it's terrible jesus christ

Raneados on
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I have a bomber jacket

shit's awesome

Moriveth on
    edited December 2009
    i think he stole those pants off his kid brother

ohh, is that not it? Is there a worse one?

TheStig on
  • balerbowerbalerbower Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    haha man pg 26 of the D&D fashion thread

balerbower on
    edited December 2009
    nah Rane that's not the one that's an actual model

there's another one, one that is actually of the guy

Vivixenne on