As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

(MiniPhalla) MegaMan - Game Over - Mega Man Busted! Village Victory!

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    If I didn't get Wily, I want Flame Man. Bastard killed my dog.

Mwahahahaha.

simonwolf on
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    simonwolf wrote: »

Mwahahahaha.

Success!

enlightenedbum on
    Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    HippieHippie Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    So who was Wily?

Hippie on
  • Options
    HippieHippie Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Although I must admit, the vote close vid is a good sign...

Hippie on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    I hope it was Burnage, because that would be awesome.

enlightenedbum on
  • Options
    CleonicusCleonicus Registered User regular
    edited December 2009

That's golden.

Cleonicus on
    Debate 'n' DeHockey team: Astronauts
  • Options
    Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    The Final Battle

megamanface.gif
    Mega Man fought his way to the top of Dr. Wily’s castle. He had faced many challenges and fought many battles. He has lost his family on this journey. No only one thing remained, Wily. He knew that he must be defeated no matter what. He climbed to the top of the highest tower. Light cracked as he walked out on the roof. He now stood before his arch rival.

wilyufo.png
    “So here we are Mega Man, face to face.”
    “You madness ends tonight Wily!”
    “Yes the madness will end tonight. But I’m not the one who is insane. It was that fool Dr. Light. I brought order to the world and with it peace.”
    “You brought nothing but death!”
    “Only to those who stood against me. It’s a shame you are one of them. You would have made a fine soldier in my army. A pity.”
    Mega Man raised his Mega Buster and was about to fire when he was overwhelmed by Wily’s robots. They weighted him down. No matter how hard he fought he couldn’t break free. Wily brought his UFO right over Mega Man’s head. “It’s over.”

<whistling>
    protoq.jpg
    “ONLY FOR YOU!” Yelled Proto Man as he fired his Proto Buster at Wily. But Fire Man (sn simonwolf) Jumped in the way and took the hit for his master. Proto Man was knocked off the roof by the force of the explosion.

“See Mega Man. To oppose me is death. I’ve all ways wondered if death hurts Robots the same as humans? Please ask your father that when you see him.” With that Wily fired the main laser and destroyed Mega Man (cn enlightenedbum)

The Dead:
    Enlightenedbum, Mega Man Mafia – Destroyed by Wily
    Simonwolf, Fire Man Even Day Vig – Proto Busted.

The Winners:
    TheLawinator – Robot Villager, Zobat
    LoserForHireX – Human Villager
    Raakam – Human Villager
    Cleonicus – Dr. Wily

Did not meet win Conditions:
    Hippie – Proto Man, Neutral Vig
    Daius – Zero, Neutral Vig

Losers:
    Burnage – Human Villager, Mega sympathizer
    Tiphareth - Human Villager, Mega sympathizer

Village Victory!

Roles out soon.

Toxic Toys on
    3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Cleonicus wrote: »
    Let's see ebum die

Even more Golden-er!

Cleonicus on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    If my converts had actually voted! And we almost killed Cleo like 8 different times. I had an order in to kill you earlier, but the 3 votes to kill me looked so networked I had to try so targeted simon and LoserforHire. I was talking to Hippie (sort of) through Burnage as I wasn't 100% sure on Protoman's win condition, but Burnage not being around led to confusion and the double kill.

enlightenedbum on
  • Options
    Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    KNEW Hippie was Proto man.

Knocking off the people in the IRC chatroom one by one. Lazy bastard :P

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    kime has to unlock it, but we were here, including my solo commentary on the last day and increasingly desperate calls for Burnage to come vote for Law.

enlightenedbum on
  • Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Yaaayyyy, you guys won.

The network was a clusterfuck, so I'm glad to see it didn't stop you from achieving victory.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    The mafia:
    wintendf118.gif

This phalla:
    21955659410a59014abcbau.jpg

Me:
    splashwoman.png

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    If I was a villager, I totally would have converted to Mega Man's side. I felt really bad about pushing the for the Dr. Light vote because I figured it would have painted a target on my head.

Cleonicus on
  • Options
    adventfallsadventfalls Why would you wish to know? Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Robos: You are still getting grudged goddamit. Your damn gambit got me killed!

adventfalls on
    NintendoID: AdventFalls 3DS Code: 3454-0237-6080
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Cleonicus wrote: »
    If I was a villager, I totally would have converted to Mega Man's side. I felt really bad about pushing the for the Dr. Light vote because I figured it would have painted a target on my head.

It was such an obvious play I didn't put too much stock in it. Mafia member says hello to the entire thread, maaaybe you should vote for them?

Our biggest fuck up was not having kime call for the converts (confirmed with our slightly non-standard win condition). Burnage WAS right that RU mis-stated it in that post. We needed to kill Wily + majority.

enlightenedbum on
  • Options
    edited December 2009

That was sort of the point!

enlightenedbum subsequently told me he had intended to kill ahava that night instead, so your death actually helped the village out. You died a hero, and I actually managed to do something useful for once!

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Order of Actions:
    Vote –> Guards –> Seers –> Wily –> Light –> Robot Vigs –> Mega Man –> Bass –> Proto Man -> Zero

Mafia:
    MegaMan
    A humanoid robot built as Rock by Dr. Light and later turned into the Mega Man to battle the evils of Dr. Wily. Mega Man is equipped with twin arm cannons and the Weapon Copy system which lets you literally take weapons from defeated foes.

Your team members are Dr. Light, Roll, and Rush. Each night you all can pick two people do die by the buster canon.

Special Power – Weapon Copy!
    You can give up killing anyone and use any special ability for a Robot Master you have destroyed. You will be updated on what weapons you can use.

PM Toxic Toys you kill orders or Ability.

You will win when Wily is beaten and you out number the village. You must defeat Wily first to win the game.

Your family:
    Enlightenedbum – MegaMan
    Kime – Roll
    Romantic Undead – Dr. Light
    Dogbone33 - Rush

RUSH
    Mega Man’s robotic dog; Rush can transform into a variety of things to help Mega Man, including a suit of armor which Mega Man can wear to give himself new abilities.

Your team members are Dr. Light, Roll, and MegaMan. Each night you all can pick two people do die by the buster canon

Special Power – Power Boost!
    You can give MegaMan a leg up over Wily’s forces once. You can add an extra kill when you activate you ability. Can use only once.

PM Toxic Toys you kill orders or Ability

You will win when Wily is beaten and you out number the village. You must defeat Wily first to win the game.

DR.LIGHT
    Creator of Mega Man and Roll. He worked with Dr. Wily for a time until Wily turned evil and stole their newest creations, trying to use them for his own ends. Dr. Light remodeled Mega Man to counter his previous partner and continues to construct other forms of aid for the blue bomber.

Your team members are Rush, Roll, and MegaMan. Each night you all can pick two people do die by the buster canon

Special Power – Hope!
    Once you can give the village a chance to turn against Wily once one of his Robot Master are destroyed. The village will be given a chance to side with you, but at a price. Wily will find out who you are. If they side with you, it will add numbers towards your win.

ROLL
    Roll is another household robot constructed by Dr. Light and is Mega Man’s sister. Her name is designed to match Mega Man’s (Rock and Roll).

Your team members are Rush, Dr. Light, and MegaMan. Each night you all can pick two people do die by the buster canon

Special Power – Take up the Cause!
    If any thing happens to your family, you will join the fight. You will use the Special Ability for you fallen family member. Can be use only once and if your fellow team mate has died.
    MegaMan - Weapon Copy
    Rush - Power Boost
    Dr. Light – Hope

EDIT - Mega Buster Power Ups!
    Had to be normal mafia kills:
    Kill 1 vig - Unblockable kill, 1 time
    Kill 1 seer - Sering, 1 time
    Kill 1 guard - Guard, 1 time
    Kill 1 mason - Weapon Engery can use another weapon again.
    If the 2nd special was kill, you would get the weapon again or if it wasn't used you could use it and still have 1 normal kill

Neutral Vigs:
    PROTO MAN
    This mysterious robot was constructed by Dr. Light before Mega Man was even built, but left the lab before Mega Man’s creation to wander the world on his own. Proto Man is constantly popping in, usually with his characteristic whistle, to give his brother Mega Man a hand.

You want to help you father Dr. Light defeat Wily, but hate being replaced by Rock.

Special Power – Attack and Defend!
    You can destroy any one you want once a day or you can defend yourself with you shield from one attack.

PM Toxic Toys you kill order

You win if you defeat Wily, you are the last Robot standing, or Mega Man team wins.
    (A pro Mafia killer)

BASS
    Dr. Wily’s finest warrior, modelled after Mega Man himself. An independent robot who enjoys fighting, his only goal in life is to prove he is the strongest robot in existence. As a consequence, he is obsessed with defeating Mega Man.

Special Power- Seek and Destroy!
    Every day you can pick a person to my by your hand.

You win if you defeat Mega Man or you are the last Robot standing,
    (A pro Village killer)

Zero
    Dr Wily just activated you. Due to a problem in your programming, all you want to do is kill human. You have escaped from Wily’s castle and are now on the run. You want nothing more the to watch the world burn and bring death.

Ability – Z-Saber
    You may cut down one person a day with your swords.

You win when all the humans are dead, including Dr. Light and Dr. Wily.
    (Just a killer)

Toxic Toys on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    I think Cleo was next on the list that night we wasted one on Zandracon too, I'd have to go check the proboard again though to be sure.

enlightenedbum on
  • Options
    edited December 2009

That was sort of the point!

enlightenedbum subsequently told me he had intended to kill ahava that night instead, so your death actually helped the village out. You died a hero, and I actually managed to do something useful for once!

Dude, you're still getting grudged. I'm still pissed I got killed, village victory or no.

adventfalls on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Mega Man would've been taken care of much earlier had shadywolf not been terrible. :P

• Options
    edited December 2009
    B:L wrote: »
    Mega Man would've been taken care of much earlier had shadywolf not been terrible. :P

Couldn't you have won on the FIRST DAY if you just grudged me with a kill instead of the sick Japanese shit?

Granted, it was hilarious, but still.

enlightenedbum on
  • Options
    edited December 2009

Couldn't you have won on the FIRST DAY if you just grudged me with a kill instead of the sick Japanese shit?

Granted, it was hilarious, but still.

I was giving you a one day courtesy. It's only polite. :P

• Options
    edited December 2009
    Dr. Wily's powers were weak ass too :(

Cleonicus on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Village Specials:
    DR.WILY
    Dr. Wily was once Dr. Light’s partner, but then he turned against his former colleague and stole the Robot Masters they had created. Converting the robots into weapons of destruction, he then unleashed them upon the unsuspecting world. With that act, Wily controls the world...

You have one thorn in your side, Dr. Light and his damn MegaMan! But your Robot Masters should destroy him.

Ability – Big Brother!
    Once a night you can pick a person and see if they sent the host a PM. You will not know what the PM said or who the person is.

Special Power – Zero Protocol!
    You have one robot hiding ion your lad. You’re not sure what it will do when activated. Yet it is the strongest robot on the planet. It might be hell on Earth, but you do have a back up plan.

PM Toxic Toys your order

You win when MegaMan and his “family” are destroyed.

Wood Man
    You are one of Dr. Wily’s peace keepers. Your goal is to destroy MegaMan and keep Wily safe.

Ability – Leaf Shield!
    Every odd day you can put a shield around one player. They can only be killed by the vote or multipliable attacks.

Skull Man
    You are one of Dr. Wily’s peace keepers. Your goal is to destroy MegaMan and keep Wily safe.

Ability – Skull Barrier!
    Every even day you can put a shield around one player. They can only be killed by the vote or multipliable attacks.

Cut Man

Ability – Rolling Cutter!
    Every odd day you can kill one player.

Flame Man

Ability – Flame Blast!
    Every even day you can kill one player.

Flash Man

Ability – Time Stop!
    Every odd day you can freeze time and see one player

You win when MegaMan and his “family” are destroyed

Galaxy Man

Ability – Black Hole!
    Every even day you can freeze time and see one player

Wave Man

Ability – Mason
    You are teamed up with Snake Man (garroad_ran)

Snake Man

Ability – Mason
    You are teamed up with Wave Man (immortal squish)

Hard Hat Mac
    You are a robot and that will never change.

Zobat
    You are a robot and that will never change.

You win when MegaMan and his “family” are destroyed

Special Awards! Does not change the out come of the game
    B:L - Super Creepy Win
    Cleonicus - So all most got killed so many times Win
    and
    Gumpy - Got bandwagoned and wasn't even the game Win!

Toxic Toys on
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009

What? Pretty sure I had nothing to do with any of this clusterfuck, I wasn't even in the network.

simonwolf on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    I could continue my grudge on EB due to him actually pulling the trigger on a guy who could've converted to his side....

But nah. He too, fell victim to the Robos gambit. I DEMAND JUSTICE!

adventfalls on
  • Options
    edited December 2009

What? Pretty sure I had nothing to do with any of this clusterfuck, I wasn't even in the network.

You weren't? I thought I gave your name to squish.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    I could continue my grudge on EB due to him actually pulling the trigger on a guy who could've converted to his side....

Yeah, Robos had done so many dumb things (sorry Robos!), I thought he might have done something super dumb and had to jump at it.

enlightenedbum on
  • Options
    edited December 2009

Yeah, Robos had done so many dumb things (sorry Robos!), I thought he might have done something super dumb and had to jump at it.

To be fair, I already exerted my Vanilla grudge on you by fucking you over in Mario Kart (hint: the reason you did so poorly in Dry Dry Desert wasn't a bad engine :P )

So really, I'm killing Robos next chance I get. WHO'S WITH ME?

adventfalls on
  • Options
    edited December 2009

And he died without giving me the names of anyone else in the network. So I was, you know, completely out of it from that point on, just killed Dogbone because his avatar annoys me.

simonwolf on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Would have completely risked contacting Robos on day one if I had known there were that many neutral vigs in game X_X

Fun game TT, would play again! Though not sure if splitting up the seer power into even/odd day seers really works well for seers in a mini.

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • Options
    edited December 2009

And he died without giving me the names of anyone else in the network. So I was, you know, completely out of it from that point on, just killed Dogbone because his avatar annoys me.

Seriously?

God damn, we win the game if he had a better avatar.

enlightenedbum on
  • Options
    edited December 2009

I was told that simonwolf was clean from garroad_ran, but that was it.

Cleonicus on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Would have completely risked contacting Robos on day one if I had known there were that many neutral vigs in game X_X

Fun game TT, would play again! Though not sure if splitting up the seer power into even/odd day seers really works well for seers in a mini.

Watching it being played I realised this. But I need 8 robot masters. I should have ran it as a larger game.

Toxic Toys on
  • Options
    edited December 2009

You had everything to do with this:

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?p=12613316#post12613316

• Options
    edited December 2009
    You could have masoned the even/odd day seers :D

Would also...probably offset the game balance somewhat :)

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I was talking to Hippie (sort of) through Burnage as I wasn't 100% sure on Protoman's win condition, but Burnage not being around led to confusion and the double kill.

I'm sorry! D: GMT kicked my ass...

Burnage on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Yeah, would have had a coin flip for basically having vote control and being able to kill everyone that wasn't you, me, or Hippie if you weren't so... European

enlightenedbum on
  • Options
    LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Go me!!! My first successful and awesome bandwagon!!

LoserForHireX on
    "The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
This discussion has been closed.