As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Modern Warfare 2: Patch 1.06 Tomorrow! (NSF56K)

• Racist JokeRacist Joke Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Precursor wrote: »
    So I switched from the Barret to the Intervention.
    What's the difference? Supposedly the Intervention is more accurate while the Barrett has a larger magazine. Is that it?

I was sniping alot better with the Intervention. I did notice it being more accurate. I don't see the point in a big magazine for me cause I never live long enough to use all my ammo.

Racist Joke on
    Steam
    Xbox Live: Kunohara
  • EndomaticEndomatic Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    The spawn killing in this game is really, really starting to frustrate me.

Either I'll spawn in front of someone, literally, in their gun sight, or, they will spawn behind me, leave their spawn room, and shoot me in the back.

So many fucking times I'll come out of a building having cleared it thoroughly and have someone shoot me in the back immediately after I leave the doorway. This is especially prevalent in Rundown and Favela. I'm sure some of the time I miss someone, or they are shadowing me/following me, but it happens too often to be coincidence.

I also echo the idea of a game mode without killstreaks. I am fucking sick of getting killed by Chopper Gunners at the spawn like 4 times in a row. It's worse because I have to WATCH THE KILLCAM to space out the time in which I spawn so it's not 5, 6 or 7 deaths instead of 4.

Endomatic on
  • joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Start playing with people that know what to do when a Chopper Gunner gets used.

joshgotro on
  • PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Nickle wrote: »
    As a side effect, I'm actually doing better. My ratio went from a low .5X to a high .6X overnight.

I told you I suck.
    Ahahah. Nope. Still better than me.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
    edited December 2009
    joshgotro wrote: »

What do you do when you spawn in an open area, amongst your entire team and get instantly shot with the chopper gunner?

There is nothing to do. You just die. Over and over again.

Besides, "Don't play with pubs" is not a really useful piece of advice here.

Endomatic on
  • bejeavisbejeavis Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Select Stinger Missile?

bejeavis on
    edited December 2009
    Endomatic wrote: »

Either I'll spawn in front of someone, literally, in their gun sight, or, they will spawn behind me, leave their spawn room, and shoot me in the back.

So many fucking times I'll come out of a building having cleared it thoroughly and have someone shoot me in the back immediately after I leave the doorway. This is especially prevalent in Rundown and Favela. I'm sure some of the time I miss someone, or they are shadowing me/following me, but it happens too often to be coincidence.

I also echo the idea of a game mode without killstreaks. I am fucking sick of getting killed by Chopper Gunners at the spawn like 4 times in a row. It's worse because I have to WATCH THE KILLCAM to space out the time in which I spawn so it's not 5, 6 or 7 deaths instead of 4.
    do you play non-objective maps? I never have a spawning issue most people mention.

and uh you don't have a cold-blodded/stinger build or even just a at4/ddanger close build or heck a stopping power pro build? just shoot hte fucker downa nd enjoy the sweet sweet 200pts

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
    edited December 2009
    Refer to my very first sentence.

Assume that you die INSTANTLY when you spawn because the chopper gunner is filling your spawn zone with machine gun fire. He is already shooting where you spawn. You cannot pull out a stinger and lock on.
    This happens too often.

Endomatic on
    edited December 2009
    i have never ever ever seen this happen ever and I have like 4d gametime but also i mostly play obj based maps

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
    edited December 2009

What do you do when you spawn in an open area, amongst your entire team and get instantly shot with the chopper gunner?

Educate the people you play with then. When someone calls in a killstreak the game tells you. A symbol pops up on the mini map. You have plenty of time to switch to the Stinger/Javelin and get the damn thing in the sights for lock on. You should stop playing with pubs as well. Heathen.

joshgotro on
  • OmnomnomPancakeOmnomnomPancake Registered User regular
    edited December 2009

Stop complaining about something you can solve. Cold Blooded + Stinger solves the Chopper Gunner problem.

As for spawns...
    Welcome to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2.

EDIT: Hahaha, this guy seriously has issues with the spawns.

OmnomnomPancake on
    edited December 2009
    PikaPuff wrote: »
    i have never ever ever seen this happen ever and I have like 4d gametime

Consider yourself lucky then.

Endomatic on
    edited December 2009
    PikaPuff wrote: »
    i have never ever ever seen this happen ever and I have like 4d gametime

Consider yourself lucky then.
    not really because i shoot the fucker down before that happens in the first place

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
    edited December 2009
    Then you are not experiencing the same thing I am.

Endomatic on
  • Lord YodLord Yod Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    So I switched from the Barret to the Intervention.

BOING

In a couple of matches, I've already unlock the silencer, and the first camo for the gun. Having Cool Blooded on really helps with staying hidden. I can't wait to go home and start unlocking the gillies camo's. I'm close to the first unlock.

It's like night and day, isn't it? Personally I don't like the silencer on it, as I never really fire enough shots repeatedly for people to get a bead on me, but the heartbeat sensor is completely necessary.

So what's the deal with thermal scopes? Why do they seem to lag so much? I really like using them, as they make it much easier to scan for targets, but I seem to miss a lot of dead-center-forehead shots that definitely should be hits.

Lord Yod on
    steam_sig.png
    edited December 2009
    the only map I can think of where it's hard to shoot down a killstreak before it even gets to the map is the apartments one, and on that one you mostly spawn inside a building

and if i do keep spawning right under the killstreak i still get a shot off every two deaths so that's 4 deaths before it goes down solo

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Lord YodLord Yod Registered User regular
    edited December 2009

Don't respawn until it forces you to. Nothing you can really do on maps like Wasteland when the enemy holds the tunnel and is spamming air support except spawn as little as possible. Edit: And when you do respawn, pick something with cold blooded and some AA, and run like hell.

Lord Yod on
    steam_sig.png
    edited December 2009
    i love wasteland, it's so easy to shoot them down there, only the bush is in the way. the UAVs are annoying to find tho as they are white amongst gray clounds

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • bejeavisbejeavis Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I am so accustomed to shooting down UAV's that whenever I see an airplane circling the pattern or landing at the local airport, I subconsciously equip a make believe Stinger and I want to shoot the plane down, SO BAD. Happens while driving, looking out a window, doesn't matter. I might need therapy.
    Hello, Department of Homeland Security!

bejeavis on
  • npreecsnpreecs Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    bejeavis wrote: »
    I am so accustomed to shooting down UAV's that whenever I see an airplane circling the pattern or landing at the local airport, I subconsciously equip a make believe Stinger and I want to shoot the plane down, SO BAD. Happens while driving, looking out a window, doesn't matter. I might need therapy.

Ha ha! Yes. Ladies and gentlemen, this falls into one of those categories of aspects of games that you should be very careful about discussing in public. When you're out there in the real world, talking about how exciting it will be later when you go SHOOT DOWN SOME PLANES...

*You need to look around for grandmothers*.

npreecs on
    Xbox Live: Spunkrake -- Looking to build a friend list!
  • NuzakNuzak Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    the intervention, as a bolt action, is at least 5 times more manly than any sniper other than the M21. pow, clink, slide, snap

it's the same reason a pump action is cooler than the M1014. the *chick-click* is the full stop on your awesome one-shot blast

intervention cannot handle the silencer though, it just can't kill people unless you get the head, and then you have to work the bolt for the second shot

Nuzak on
    edited December 2009
    All this talk of manliness. Kind of gay.

Edit: What about lever action then?

joshgotro on
    edited December 2009
    real men suck dicks

Nuzak on
    edited December 2009
    Nuzak wrote: »
    real men suck dicks

I'm years behind then. YEARS.

joshgotro on
  • hatedinamericahatedinamerica Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    All this talk of manliness. Kind of gay.

Edit: What about lever action then?

Lever actions are for boyscouts with BB guns, and cowboys.

Which is to say that they walk a fine line between being as badass as possible, and...hanging out with little boys in shorts.

hatedinamerica on
    edited December 2009
    the lever action is a terminator 2 reference, so gets all possible manliness points

Nuzak on
  • The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    the lever action is a terminator 2 reference, so gets all possible manliness points

rwwwaaarrrrrnowwwwwww nowwwwwwwwraaarrrrr nowwwwwwwwww nowwwwwwwwwrrrrr nowwww

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Djj7jW6ny2M

The_Scarab on
  • RocketSauceRocketSauce Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Dual 1887s is pretty fun. Just unlocked them and have had lots of fun shootin mans in the face with it. It gives a better representation of how a real shotgun would perform, apart from having one in each hand.

RocketSauce on
    edited December 2009

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA Nice edit.

joshgotro on
  • HypertimeHypertime Arlington, VARegistered User regular
    edited December 2009

Amen. Love how MW2 balances out its deadly cornucopia of killstreaks with effective anti-killstreak weapons and perks. Knocking that AC-130 or Chopper Gunner out of the sky before it has a chance to tear up your team is incredibly, incredibly satisfying.

Hypertime on
    Your mom.
    edited December 2009

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA Nice edit.

i don't hear sucking

this means you are still a bitch

Nuzak on
  • underdonkunderdonk __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2009
    bejeavis wrote: »

Funny story about this... remember the Blackhawk pwnage in BF2 on the PC? I used to live in a place that was next to where the National Guard would repair and test their Blackhawks... you know... IRL. Whenever I would see one circling (which was about three or four times a week), I would instinctively want to run for the nearest building. Or try and lay down and hide in a large circular fountain.

Ran an ACR w/ holo + ADS + Stopping Power Pro + Scrambler Pro build last night that rocked on smaller maps (Terminal, specifically). Round it out with a AA-12 + FMJ and semtex and a couple of stun grenades, and you have yourself an explosively good time. I could not stop killing people with semtex. It was wonderful.

underdonk on
    Back in the day, bucko, we just had an A and a B button... and we liked it.
  • chasmchasm Ill-tempered Texan Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    C4 with Danger Close is the best thing ever.

chasm on
    steam_sig.png
    XBL : lJesse Custerl | MWO: Jesse Custer | Best vid ever. | 2nd best vid ever.
  • TheUnsane1TheUnsane1 PhiladelphiaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I am not a fan of scrambler, If I have a UAV up I can see you on the map outside of the scrambler radius, If I don't have UAV scrambler sort of gives away that someone is near by.

TheUnsane1 on
    steam_sig.png
    edited December 2009
    scrambler is great for riot sheild builds to distract enemies from your allies using you as a distraction, as well as making people extremely paranoid

it works over floors as well, so somebody going below or above you will be searching fruitlessly

Nuzak on
  • underdonkunderdonk __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2009
    scrambler is great for riot sheild builds to distract enemies from your allies using you as a distraction, as well as making people extremely paranoid

it works over floors as well, so somebody going below or above you will be searching fruitlessly

This.

underdonk on
    Back in the day, bucko, we just had an A and a B button... and we liked it.
    edited December 2009
    Yea on favela or sub base by all means scramble away, but on something like afghan its not as useful.

TheUnsane1 on
    steam_sig.png
  • MadpandaMadpanda suburbs west of chicagoRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    TheUnsane1 wrote: »
    I am not a fan of scrambler, If I have a UAV up I can see you on the map outside of the scrambler radius, If I don't have UAV scrambler sort of gives away that someone is near by.

This right here. I am a complete newb to this game and I actually found it helpful when someone on the other side had a scrambler out. After running a map a few times you get to know the common camp spots. I had a round on afghan last night where anytime I would go near one of the bunker doors my radar would get scrambled. The first time I didn't know what the radius on it was like and just went through the door. Got killed by someone with a shotgun crouched right next to the door.

The next time I played afghan, same thing happened. Except this time I dropped a grenade right in the doorway
    (and probably in front of his face). Other times I just go around and flank him, they usually just sit there focused on the door.

Madpanda on
    camo_sig2.png
    Steam/PSN/XBL/Minecraft / LoL / - Benevicious | WoW - Duckwood - Rajhek
  • acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    TheUnsane1 wrote: »

scrambler is NOT a stealth feature.

it's for running interference and playing the intelligence game. Also, when someone starts looking around for the scrambler guy, that means they're spending less effort on either getting to the objective or watching for your teammates.

acidlacedpenguin on
    GT: Acidboogie PSNid: AcidLacedPenguiN
    edited December 2009
    A.) I don't play much Teams. B.) I haven't played ANY objective games yet.

There by scrambler (which I have seen run in FFA and Team DM) is junk from my experience with the game thus far.

Unrelated, Sitrep can get leveled at prestige 10 until then.... yea no thanks.

TheUnsane1 on
    steam_sig.png