As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Fallen Earth] All things come to an end. Then the fun starts.

167891012»

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited December 2009
    Tradeskills are entirely based on stats, right?

Echo on
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    oh my good lord

i have a trial of this game but i have yet to play it because the client is FUCKING HUGE and i don't have the time to download it

Pony on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    It feels like there's a random chance for 95% of the game to not work when I log on. Just started playing again, and it took four login attempts before buttons did anything.

Echo on
  • Options
    SonorkSonork CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Echo wrote: »
    Tradeskills are entirely based on stats, right?

Yeah, tradeskills are capped by your level and your INT/PER stats. Raising INT/PER will raise the maxiumum level of all your trade/gathering skills. Some stats do multiple things as well, just mouse over them on your stats popup to see.

I've had the log into a blackscreen bug sometimes happen but not the other ones you mentioned.

Sonork on
  • Options
    TethTeth __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2009
    It doesn't have to inspect the files for five fucking minutes every time I launch the game, does it? Ok, I was exaggerating, two minutes. It's four after the negotiating, and then crashing and having to do it again.

Teth on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Is there a key to spin the camera around? My ass is kinda nice, but I'd like to see how I look from the front too.

Echo on
  • Options
    TethTeth __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2009
    Nevermind, ran port mon and saw what ports the client was trying to open.

Teth on
  • Options
    YoshuaYoshua Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Is there a key to spin the camera around? My ass is kinda nice, but I'd like to see how I look from the front too.

alt+rmb

Yoshua on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    I'm a bit annoyed that you can't queue up stuff that needs the resulting items already queued. I can queue up Shorts and Black Dye, but I can't make Black Shorts until the previous two are done. Ah well, not a major gripe.

Echo on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Next question: I have enough Armorcraft (21) to learn Hats 2 and I have the materials to make the instruction book, but it's still red and I can't craft it. What gives? Level requirement or something?

edit: huh, now I could craft it all of a sudden. Never mind.

Echo on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Relogging sometimes fixes that kinda of stuff. Think of relogging as "jiggling the handle" that can often fix lots of different things in FE. It's really weird like that.

Sonork on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    I'm having pretty fun so far, but I haven't really done much else than craft and kill shit and craft stuff from the shit I kill. :P

Echo on
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited December 2009
    I'm having pretty fun so far, but I haven't really done much else than craft and kill shit and craft stuff from the shit I kill. :P
    So...like every other MMO so far?

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Fun so far, still getting used to the new controls. Who should I contact for a PA group?

DaMoonRulz on
    3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    AtomBombAtomBomb Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    meatflower wrote: »
    Just got done downloading the 4Gb open beta client from here. Tops out at ~400KB/sec and took around 3 hours. After getting it up and running I've got a 1.5 hour estimate with 5000 files to update. 5 hours or so is a little better than the 12 hour estimate (and nearly 50,000 files) I was getting from the client they're currently offering.

That was the only free non-torrent site I could find hosting the file, might be available elsewhere at higher speeds.

Thanks for that link. I went through the FE website, and when the patcher started it said it was going to take 9 DAYS. I figured it would go faster than that, but after an hour it was still 9 days, so I shut it down. This link is coming down at 1.1mb/s, estimates and hour and 20 minutes. Hopefully the patching process will go quicker with this one.

AtomBomb on
    I just got a 3DS XL. Add me! 2879-0925-7162
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    If you don't mind, Echo, the current OP is from over a year ago: well before launch. I wouldn't mind doing a new thread so we can help new players and hopefully get a solid core for the clan.

Unless the OP is still playing, of course.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    All yours.

Echo on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Also start a PA guild, i doubt the name really matters. :D

Sonork on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Gonna have the OP up tomorrow, not enough time tonight.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    AtomBombAtomBomb Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Man, this updater sucks. I wish I could just download the whole client in a zip or something. You think you're done, and then it's "oh, and you need to download these 2,000 files, too!" It downloads like 50, and then goes into a retry mode, takes 30 seconds to fix itself, repeat.

AtomBomb on
    I just got a 3DS XL. Add me! 2879-0925-7162
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    New thread is up. It's a work in progress but this game has so much shit to discuss.

Oh and a new clan is like 10 blue chips.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
This discussion has been closed.