As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

SOLVED

2»

• Options
    KidDorkKidDork Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Fonjo wrote: »
    I suggest these. I have been happy with the results.

As for a bag, I'll leave that to someone else.

http://www.gamescience.com/

The videos here are actually very entertaining. I did not know that much about the importance of sharp edges on dice until today. Bless the Net.

KidDork on
  • Options
    Descendant XDescendant X Skyrim is my god now. Outpost 31Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I wish my local shops would get cooler dice in. The comic/game shop is more like a toy/board game store than a comic/rpg shop and the local miniatures place is run by a great guy, but has very little inventory because of its size. I've just been getting him to order things in from his supplier for me.

I think I'll get some dice this Friday to add to my growing collection...

Descendant X on
    Garry: I know you gentlemen have been through a lot, but when you find the time I'd rather not spend the rest of the winter TIED TO THIS FUCKING COUCH!
  • Options
    LaOsLaOs SaskatoonRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    That set looks decent (nice colour and the numbers are easy to read/not obscured by the dice colouring). I've got a sort of green gem-style set with solid white numbers and I love it. I'm now thinking I should get a couple more sets and a bunch more d6s as well. My initial set came with 1d4, 1d8, 1d10 (1-10), 1d10 percentile (00-90), and 4d6, so that was pretty sweet... but I played a bit of Shadowrun and really needed more d6s.

Good work on finding a nicely coloured, easy-to-read set and thinking ahead on getting a nice bag and extra dice. I'm jealous.

LaOs on
  • Options
    Triple BTriple B Bastard of the North MARegistered User regular
    edited November 2020
    n/a

Triple B on
    Steam/XBL/PSN: FiveAgainst1
  • Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I'm planning on ordering 2 of the 7 dice sets, 10 extra d10's, and 10 extra d6's. That should cover at least D&D, Shadowrun, and WoD, which is what I mainly play.

Sir Carcass on
  • Options
    MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    You should get at least one set of GameScience dice.

I shit you not, they are really badass.

MagicPrime on
    BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    MagicPrime wrote: »

I just don't see how they can be good enough to justify 2.5x to 3x the price.

Sir Carcass on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    MagicPrime wrote: »

I just don't see how they can be good enough to justify 2.5x to 3x the price.

Eh, you get what you pay for.

I think the 9.00 is worth it for their quality alone, and I'm usually a cheap bastard.

I have a huge bag of dice from various shops and brands, but I keep all my GameScience dice in a small cigar box so I don't have to dig for the "good" dice.

MagicPrime on
  • Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    A little extra on dice doesn't really hurt in the scope of things. I've been using the same core set of dice for at least 12 years now. :lol:

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    n/a

Triple B on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Triple B wrote: »
    So the Purple-red/gold Gemini polyhedrals got here today, and I've got to say...them's some sexy dice. Thank you, Chessex. I feel even better about my decision now that I've got them in my hand. :D Now I'm just waiting on the bag and the extra D6's (shipped from a different distro.)

And yeah, it's never a bad thing to spend a few bucks extra on your dice. I wouldn't buy a $200 set like some of the real gold/silver ones I've seen, but spending like $10 or $12 per set is perfectly within reason.

EDIT: My first roll was a 20. :mrgreen:

Remember to give your d12 some special attention. They suffer from low self-esteem.

MagicPrime on
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    n/a

Triple B on