As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

New, cheaper PAX hotel

Mike FehlauerMike Fehlauer Registered User regular
edited April 2007 in PAX Archive
Heads up that we just added a new hotel with a lower rate: the Day's Inn on 7th and Blanchard. It's $105 a night, which is pretty cheap for a downtown hotel that's still hiking distance to PAX. Details on the PAX Hotels page.

Note that Day's Inn has one of those centralized booking lines, so you when you call in you'll have to specify you want the "Day's Inn Town Center, in Seattle, on 7th and Blanchard" and will likely have to repeat "Penny Arcade Expo rate: code CGPAX" a few times. Just keep at it, and eventually they'll find the rate. :)

Mike Fehlauer on

• b0wserb0wser PAX HHL Deputy Manager CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    If I have already booked with them, can I contact them directly to rebook at this PAX rate? I've currently got one room for Friday & Saturday night, but I'd like to add Thursday night as well-- now that I can afford it.

also: the links for Days Inn on the Hotels page point to the Sheraton.

b0wser on
  • Mike FehlauerMike Fehlauer Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Yep, go ahead and call them and ask for the new rate. You may have to cancel, then re-book.

EDIT: fixing the weird link somehow dropped Day's Inn from the hotel page. Here's the info:

Day's Inn Town Center
    ($105 for singles or doubles)
    2205 Seventh Avenue
    Seattle, WA 98121
    Phone: 1-800-329-7466 (ask for Day's Inn in Seattle at 7th & Blanchard, Penny Arcade Expo rate--discount code "CGPAX")

Pay wired Internet ($10/day)
    Coffee Maker
    Airport shuttle ($26)
    Rollaway beds available for $10/night

No online booking available

Mike Fehlauer on
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited March 2007
    Do they have parking information? I'm already booked elsewhere, but it seems that downtown parking is at a premium and those of us with the supertrips are pretty well locked into getting screwed for parking by our respective hotels.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• ViscountalphaViscountalpha The pen is mightier than the sword http://youtu.be/G_sBOsh-vyIRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Heads up that we just added a new hotel with a lower rate: the Day's Inn on 7th and Blanchard. It's $105 a night, which is pretty cheap for a downtown hotel that's still hiking distance to PAX. Details on the PAX Hotels page.

Note that Day's Inn has one of those centralized booking lines, so you when you call in you'll have to specify you want the "Day's Inn Town Center, in Seattle, on 7th and Blanchard" and will likely have to repeat "Penny Arcade Expo rate: code CGPAX" a few times. Just keep at it, and eventually they'll find the rate. :)

Now is that for 2 adults or 4 adults? I was able to book the sheraton for 165 for 4 adults without extra beds.

Viscountalpha on
    edited April 2007
    I just called the reservation line, and was met with problems. I wanted to rebook at the newly announced discount rate, and add a night. The dude I was talking to said that my reservation could not be changed or cancelled because of a "buy in" or "buy now" rate I believe he said. I had originally booked online and didn't have any problem at all.

I'm not exactly sure on what to do with it now, since this is the first time using my credit card for pretty much anything other than sushi. Any idea?

b0wser on
  • LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2007
    Yell and complain.

They'll do whatever you tell them to if you bitch enough. Sadly.

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • ctishmanctishman Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    You booked online, cancel online. Simple as that.

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
    Get the PAX 2008 Countdown widget and while away your sad, pathetic life watching it tick down the hours to PAX '08!
    http://homepage.mac.com/ctishman
  • dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    don't you pay a deposit if you book for a room?

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
    edited April 2007
    I haven't had anything charged to my card yet.

b0wser on
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited April 2007
    You don't pay anything unless one of two things happens, either (A) you stay in the room or (B) you don't cancel soon enough and don't show up, in which case they charge you the first night. If you cancel the reservation, then rebook at the PAX rate, it won't cost you any more money.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

edited April 2007
    b0wser, did you book through hotwire or other instant discount broker? Or did you book through the hotel itself?

Hotwire and a few other services actually buy hotel rooms at a discount, and then resell them. It's kind of like a retail operation. If you want to cancel you need to go through them, since the hotel is not part of the transaction (they sold to the discount service, and then they're done).

If you booked through the hotel's online order form, you should be able to cancel over the phone. Check your email confirmation for the specific number you need to call--the large chains have a bunch of different call centers, each set up to handle only one specific issue. It's a pain in the ass, but if you call the number from your email confirmation you should be connected to the right center.

Try all that and let me know if you're able to resolve the issue.

Mike Fehlauer on
    edited April 2007

Now is that for 2 adults or 4 adults? I was able to book the sheraton for 165 for 4 adults without extra beds.

It's for two beds, so up to 4 adults. If the extra $40/night is doable for you and your crew, the Sheraton is a much better hotel (and much closer). We've got the biggest block at the Sheraton, so it'll be where most of the after-pax revelry will take place.

Mike Fehlauer on
  • BuraisuBuraisu Psychomancer Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I know something cheaper, it's called a street bench. ^.^

Buraisu on
    47uk6agplx83.png
  • dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Buraisu wrote: »
    I know something cheaper, it's called a street bench. ^.^

lol, not in seattle you don't. i once got arrested in mardi gras back in 2005 because i sat down on a street side bench for 2 minutes while i was on the 1st ave strip. technically, it was a park, because it was a small area on the side of the street without a building occupying it, so i was charged with vagrancy in a park after hours. 5 hours of community service cleared that right up, but i was just sitting, try sleeping!

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Since one would be paying $25 a day for parking anyway, just sleep in the car.

FIND A PLACE TO TAKE A SHOWER THOUGH DAMNIT!

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
This discussion has been closed.