As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Zune + Washer bad combo?

JawaJawa Registered User regular
edited December 2009 in Help / Advice Forum
So after emptying a load of laundry I found my Zune mixed amidst all the wet clothes. Are there any survival stories or is my Zune pretty much toast?

Jawa on

• ShogunShogun Hair long; money long; me and broke wizards we don't get along Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Have you turned it on at all? Was it on while it was in there? If it was off it might be ok if you let it dry out completely. That could take days, even longer perhaps I'm not sure. It would speed the drying if you took it apart, which would void any sort of warranty it might have, but the warranty won't cover water damage anyway.

I'd let it dry for a week or two and give it a go.

Shogun on
  • JawaJawa Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I haven't tried anything with it yet but the battery was dead from the day before so it couldn't have turned on.

Jawa on
  • Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Dunadan019 on
  • RUNN1NGMANRUNN1NGMAN Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    1) Do not turn it on.
    2) Put it in a container filled with rice for a week.
    3) Try charging it and turning it on.

I haven't tried it personally, but I've heard rice does amazing things for electronics that went for a swim.

RUNN1NGMAN on
    edited November 2009
    I don't have silica gel handy but I have plenty of rice, I'll give it a shot and update everyone in a week.

Jawa on
  • McGibsMcGibs TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    My Ipod nano went through the wash and dry cycle a few years back. After a few days of drying out, it revived itself and it still works fine.

McGibs on
    website_header.jpg
    edited December 2009
    Well after a about 6 days of letting it sit in some rice and dry out it, it remains as useful as a paper weight. I guess I know what I should ask for as a christmas gift.

Thanks for the help.

Jawa on
  • ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited December 2009
    I don't know, but what I can tell you from experience is that cell phone + toilet = dead ass phone that will short and destroy any battery you put into it for the rest of eternity.

That is how I lost my RAZR two years ago. :cry:

ceres on
    And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
  • Teslan26Teslan26 Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    ceres wrote: »
    cell phone + toilet = dead ass phone

Blue or Yellow?

Teslan26 on
  • ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited December 2009
    Teslan26 wrote: »
    ceres wrote: »
    cell phone + toilet = dead ass phone

Blue or Yellow?
    The phone? It was black. I wanted one of the navy ones but something about my provider at the time or blah blah blah.

ceres on
  • Teslan26Teslan26 Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Nah - the toilet.

Teslan26 on
    edited December 2009
    OHHHhhhhh.. ew.

Nah, I had it sitting on top of the tank while I took a shower, and when I went to grab my towel I accidentally knocked it into the bowl. Aside from the millions of coliforms that surely make their home there, there was nothing else in the toilet at the time.

ceres on