As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[RECOMMEND] me some games in which I kick the fuck out of Terrorists

mr-razzcocksmr-razzcocks Registered User regular
edited December 2009 in Games and Technology
So, I'm suddenly getting an urge to blow people up in the name of freedom, so recommend me some games where I get to do this.

More specifically, along the lines of:

Tactical team based games: Rainbow Six, Ghost Recon etc

Stealthy motherfucker style games: Splinter Cell, Metal Gear... uh, Hitman. That sort of thing.

Silly action games that are pretending to be special but I can kill a few hours with: Syphon Filter et al

I'd like to avoid online multiplayer games, so preferably I'm after games with good single-player campaigns.

set, go.

mr-razzcocks on

• jothkijothki Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Tie Fighter?

jothki on
  • BansheeBanshee Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    X-com has terror sites.

Banshee on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    barbie's horseback adventure: kandahar

autono-wally, erotibot300 on
    kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • SorensonSorenson Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    A lot of the stuff in Front Mission: Gun Hazard has you killing the fuck out of ter-ro-rists in giant fucking robots.

EDIT: And depending on how you define terrorist you could try that Half-Life 2 Deathmatch mod that pits you versus suicide bombing shrubbery.

Sorenson on
  • delphinusdelphinus Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Target-Terror-US.jpg

I don't think it's possible to kick more fuck out of terrorists when the box art already starts doing it without you.

delphinus on
  • BarcardiBarcardi All the Wizards Under A Rock: AfganistanRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I think GRAW had terrorists, or GRAW 2... don't remember, they were Mexican terrorists who were trying to invade Texas for some reason so it was kinda confusing.

Barcardi on
  • Delta AssaultDelta Assault Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Barcardi wrote: »
    I think GRAW had terrorists, or GRAW 2... don't remember, they were Mexican terrorists who were trying to invade Texas for some reason so it was kinda confusing.

Those are just illegal aliens.

Delta Assault on
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited December 2009
    jothki wrote: »
    Tie Fighter?

Goddamn rebels have it coming.

Echo on
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Rainbow Six: Vegas (and I assume its sequel) have both the fighting of terrorists and gratuitous usage of the word "fuck".

DarkPrimus on
  • LostLost Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    sounds like you need Freedom Fighters

Lost on
  • StigmaStigma Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Rainbow Six Vegas 2 is terrific if you enjoy some mindless Terrorist Hunt with a friend. They patched it up so that the spawns and such make for a much better experience.

Stigma on
    YHWHYinYangblueblackblueborder.jpg
  • CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited December 2009

Silly action games that are pretending to be special but I can kill a few hours with: Syphon Filter et al

FIDDY CENT MUTHAFUCKA!!!

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • DourinDourin Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Cantido wrote: »

FIDDY CENT MUTHAFUCKA!!!

You have just decided for me what I must convince my girlfriend to play with me as our first co-op 360 game. Does it do local co-op, or online co-op only?

Dourin on
  • StigmaStigma Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I have to mention that R6:V2 has a lighthearted feel due to the hilarious dialog coming out of the terrorists. They say things like "I SEE YOU", "Fine, you hide, I'll wait." and "MOTHERFUCKER!" with such a perfect inflection. They're a nice blend of crazy aggressive and amusingly dumb. My girlfriend loves the split screen. Very addictive.

Stigma on
    YHWHYinYangblueblackblueborder.jpg
  • SkyGheNeSkyGheNe Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Barcardi wrote: »

They wanted our freedom...duh.

SkyGheNe on
  • PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    The first thing that comes to mind is Counter-Strike. I wouldn't recommend playing it unless you're really good, though. Most people that play it online seem like they play it a lot.

Peewi on
  • NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Dourin wrote: »
    Cantido wrote: »

FIDDY CENT MUTHAFUCKA!!!

You have just decided for me what I must convince my girlfriend to play with me as our first co-op 360 game. Does it do local co-op, or online co-op only?

Online only unfortunately.

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • leafleaf Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Peewi wrote: »
    The first thing that comes to mind is Counter-Strike. I wouldn't recommend playing it unless you're really good, though. Most people that play it online seem like they play it a lot.

It's mostly learning the maps and where to point for a headshot before they're even around the corner, anyone that plays the damn game on stock maps atleast.

leaf on
    newsig-notweed.jpg
  • acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Army of Two.

best local co-op for like $20 evar.

it's got fist-bumps, it's got air guitars, it's got customizable guns, it's got homoerotic undertones, and it's got bro-fists.

acidlacedpenguin on
    GT: Acidboogie PSNid: AcidLacedPenguiN