As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

M=<{A,B,C,[chat]},{0,1},0,{1},δ,A,{[chat]}>

1575859606163»

• BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited December 2009
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    Man you people be around trolls too much

to make things painfully clear:

I don't have any problem with feminism, but I still get a "ugh, [rude word oh noes I am at work], feminism" emotional reaction to the topic. This isn't feminism's fault, it's the fault of "feminists". Which is unfair.

If you say a dumb thing, can I say 'uhg, Norweigians are all so stupid'?

EDIT: I think you're Norweigian.

Bogart on
  • ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited December 2009

I don't have any problem with feminism, but I still get a "ugh, fuck, feminism" emotional reaction to the topic. This isn't feminism's fault, it's the fault of "feminists". Which is unfair.

Actually, its the fault of you, and your reaction is actually more damaging than the 'feminists' you are mad about.

Arch on
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Emotions be all over the place, yo

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    It's your responsibility to say, "This is a stupid person talking about feminism. I hate stupid people." Instead of "This is a stupid person talking about feminism. I hate feminists."

YamiNoSenshi on
  • Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    It's your responsibility to say, "This is a stupid person talking about feminism. I hate stupid people." Instead of "This is a stupid person talking about feminism. I hate feminists."

I love stupid people.

Dunadan019 on
  • BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Bogart wrote: »

I don't have any problem with feminism, but I still get a "ugh, [rude word oh noes I am at work], feminism" emotional reaction to the topic. This isn't feminism's fault, it's the fault of "feminists". Which is unfair.

If you say a dumb thing, can I say 'uhg, Norweigians are all so stupid'?

EDIT: I think you're Norweigian.
    good enough!

Bama on
  • BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited December 2009
  • YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Dunadan019 wrote: »

I love stupid people.

Of course. In the same way we enjoy network TV or video games. As a source of entertainment, not enlightenment.

YamiNoSenshi on
    edited December 2009

I love stupid people.
    because no one else will let you?

Bama on
    edited December 2009
    If a bunch of metalheads once raped my puppy and defecated on it afterwards, I might have an averse emotional reaction to metalheads afterwards. That's not fair to Tav and SOTAR, for example, but it's not like it's your fault.

Yes, it's the same with feminists. I've been forced to listen to some really retarded ideas about it

men are all rapists etc. etc.

so when someone says "I'm a feminist!" my brain goes "fuck, one of them again"

and that feeling takes a while to go away, the brain keeps going "They're making sense now, but they're going to show you their castration scissors any minute now"

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
    edited December 2009
    To change topics-

Roomates. Ugh. Do NOT want. I really feel like my fiancee and I have a teenage daughter and not a roomate.

We have two sautee pans, one is nice and shiny and was an early christmas present. The other is like...what the fuck. Yet, yesterday for lunch she made some chicken in the what the fuck pan, and left it in the sink to soak. Then, for dinner she made risotto in the new pan while I went to the laundromat. When I came home, I asked her to wash the new pan so that I could cook some stroganoff- she did so...but the what the fuck pan was not cleaned. I woke up and it is still dirty. Also I had to re-wash the new pan because she is like completely inept. She has said "well I just suck at washing dishes". No you do not suck at washing dishes, you are just fucking lazy.

Look i know it is a piece of shit pan, but we fucking washed your laundry and took it to the laundromat, dried it and folded it. Wash our fucking dishes in a timely manner goddam

Arch on
    edited December 2009
    Bama wrote: »

I love stupid people.
    because no one else will let you?

naw, because everyone is stupid!

Dunadan019 on
  • AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    If a bunch of metalheads once raped my puppy and defecated on it afterwards, I might have an averse emotional reaction to metalheads afterwards. That's not fair to Tav and SOTAR, for example, but it's not like it's your fault.

Yes, it's the same with feminists. I've been forced to listen to some really retarded ideas about it

and that feeling takes a while to go away, the brain keeps going "They're making sense now, but they're going to show you their castration scissors any minute now"
    So you recognize your own kneejerk reaction as irrational, stop airing your kneejerk reaction.

End of discussion? Or what?

Aldo on
    edited December 2009
    Aldo wrote: »

So you recognize your own kneejerk reaction as irrational, stop airing your kneejerk reaction.

I don't think the horse is dead yet. lets beat it a little more to make sure.

Dunadan019 on
    edited December 2009
    It's like conditioning

except instead of electrocution and "MURDER THE PRESIDENT" it's retarded ideas and "THE SUBJECT OF FEMINISM WILL ALWAYS IRK YOU SLIGHTLY"

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
    edited December 2009

why metalheads? Why not men, Norwegians, or people who wear pants?

Bama on
  • romanqwertyromanqwerty Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    This forum makes me scared to have an opinion on anything because the slightest difference in opinion causes you to get lambasted like you went out a murdered puppies.

romanqwerty on
  • RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Aldo wrote: »

I don't think the horse is dead yet. lets beat it a little more to make sure.

All that beating is making me thirsty. Let's go get some water from that rock over there.

Richy on
    sig.gif
    edited December 2009
    This forum makes me scared to have an opinion on anything because the slightest difference in opinion causes you to get lambasted like you went out a murdered puppies.

difference in opinion =/= dumb opinion

Arch on
    edited December 2009
    no it can't you overdramatic retard

Bama on
    edited December 2009
    Bama wrote: »
    no it can't you overdramatic retard

bama has the better response

Arch on
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited December 2009
    Next chat thread starts at 9:30 EST.

I don't care who kicks it off.

Post in some other thread until then

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
This discussion has been closed.