As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Health Care - Don't worry, I'm sure this cough will clear up soon

Mr. ButtonsMr. Buttons Registered User regular
edited December 2009 in Social Entropy++
Senate defeats amendment where obama would have been stopped from killing babbys. Obama allegedly responds by eating his children's dog, uses honey-mustard dipping sauce (citation needed)

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/HealthCare/senators-defeat-abortion-amendment-health-care-bill/story?id=9279079
The Story wrote:
By a vote of 54-45, Senators dismissed the abortion amendment offered by Democratic Sen. Ben Nelson of Nebraska and Sen. Orrin Hatch, R-Utah.

In casting his "No" vote, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev., acknowledged that while he may be against abortion, it "doesn't mean I'm opposed to finding common ground for the greater good."

So who knows, we might have some sort of reform in the near future. This is at least a step towards it, even if it only is a barricade that's been passed by. The important thing is that this amendment was a bipartisan effort (though it was 8 republicans and 2 democrats), both sides of the floor were able to find common ground and work together.

So let's talk about how our faith in the process has been restored

Mr. Buttons on

• Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited December 2009
    god fucking damn it

banning abortion doesn't stop abortion

at all

this is scientifically proven many times over

all it does is kill women who try to get them illegally

fucking hell

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited December 2009
    and I'm fucking poor, I can't afford health care, and need some fucking help

so fucking give me a damned hand-out, you rich cocksuckers

the employer-based healthcare system is flawed to its core

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    FizFiz Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    If people stopped getting abortions Arby's would run out of meat for their delicious sandwiches

Fiz on
    juggcat.jpg
  • Options
    alternatingAberrationalternatingAberration I am the milk man My milk is deliciousRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I like how people keep thinking the health-care would be free. Sure, the taxes take care of it, but holy shit the price tag on this thing is gonna jump high.

I mean, why do people avoid going to the doctor now? Because it costs a lot of money. But when it's already being paid for? Hell, gonna get the doctor to look at my every little ache and pain! Foot that bill, 'murrica.

alternatingAberration on
    xI8QS1g.jpg?1
  • Options
    Ol' SparkyOl' Sparky Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    people, please stop mentioning arby's. For some reason I have been deeply craving their terrible food but cannot obtain any.

Please.

Ol' Sparky on
  • Options
    langfor6langfor6 Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I have never gone from laughing so hard to feeling so disgusted as I did while reading posts number 3 and 4.

langfor6 on
  • Options
    HyperAquaBlastHyperAquaBlast Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I was craving Arby's a couple months ago so I went and got some. Think I'll go back again in a decade once I forget how it tastes. I'd shots of Arby sauce though any day.

I think I take my military health care for granted as in I never use it. But when I do its cool just to walk in and say fix me and they do and they hand out drugs and I get to miss work.

HyperAquaBlast on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] regular
    edited December 2009
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    NuzakNuzak Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Krosius wrote: »
    I like how people keep thinking the health-care would be free. Sure, the taxes take care of it, but holy shit the price tag on this thing is gonna jump high.

I mean, why do people avoid going to the doctor now? Because it costs a lot of money. But when it's already being paid for? Hell, gonna get the doctor to look at my every little ache and pain! Foot that bill, 'murrica.

that's not really the main cause behind the large expense of public health care

Nuzak on
  • Options
    HarrierHarrier The Star Spangled Man Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    is the american health reform anything but giving gobs of money to the corporations that have been fucking them for 50 years yet.
    Not in Washington, no

Pennsylvania might pass single-payer health care soon, though

Harrier on
    I don't wanna kill anybody. I don't like bullies. I don't care where they're from.
  • Options
    ZoelZoel I suppose... I'd put it on Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    is the american health reform anything but giving gobs of money to the corporations that have been fucking them for 50 years yet.

woah woah woah

the medical records and digital imaging companies are new

Zoel on
    A magician gives you a ring that, when worn, will let you see the world as it truly is.
    However, the ring will never leave your finger, and you will be unable to ever describe to another living person what you see.
  • Options
    alternatingAberrationalternatingAberration I am the milk man My milk is deliciousRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Nuzak wrote: »

Still, can you imagine the cost of millions of people just going to the doctor's for whatever? The elderly alone would work up a huge bill.

alternatingAberration on
    xI8QS1g.jpg?1
  • Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2009
    i really like how quickly this became an arby's thread

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    mensch-o-maticmensch-o-matic Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    yeah, nuzak, i was about to say that its more of the completely useless expenses and overpricing in healthcare than people just going to the doc a lot

i think part of the bill would have gone toward figuring out what we've been wasting our money on all this time, dunno if its still in there but i hope it is

mensch-o-matic on
  • Options
    edited December 2009

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Actually we should really just go to a completely socialized medical system like Great Britain has

Harrier on
    I don't wanna kill anybody. I don't like bullies. I don't care where they're from.
  • Options
    edited December 2009

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Nuzak wrote: »

Still, can you imagine the cost of millions of people just going to the doctor's for whatever? The elderly alone would work up a huge bill.

I'm still under the hope that any reform that occurs in this country isn't an exact copy of the negative parts of other countries health care systems. I hope that rather they take the good parts of the other systems, and can identify and solve some of the problems in the other systems.

Mr. Buttons on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    I prefer the way the Canadian system is organised over the way the NHS is organised, Harrier!!!!!!
    Britain spends less than Canada does on health care and gets similar or better results

I wrote a goddamn paper on this just last month

Harrier on
  • Options
    edited December 2009

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    ZephyrZephyr Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    yeah but who wants to live in britain

Zephyr on
    16kakxt.jpg
  • Options
    mensch-o-maticmensch-o-matic Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    i just hope they come up with something that doesn't majorly screw me over as both a dubiously insured college student and, in the future, a medical professional

mensch-o-matic on
  • Options
    BarcardiBarcardi All the Wizards Under A Rock: AfganistanRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    i love the myth that everything canada does is better than what the US does.

they put mayo on hamburgers. fucking mayo

Barcardi on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Zephyr wrote: »
    yeah but who wants to live in britain

i do; willing to marry a british woman

e: (wo)man

Zoel on
    A magician gives you a ring that, when worn, will let you see the world as it truly is.
    However, the ring will never leave your finger, and you will be unable to ever describe to another living person what you see.
  • Options
    scrivenerjonesscrivenerjones Registered User regular
    edited December 2009

no

some money is also going to senators and congressmen

scrivenerjones on
  • Options
    edited December 2009

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Harrier wrote: »
    I prefer the way the Canadian system is organised over the way the NHS is organised, Harrier!!!!!!
    Britain spends less than Canada does on health care and gets similar or better results

I wrote a goddamn paper on this just last month

Quantify this pls

also does the NHS cover dental and prescriptions

It certainly doesn't cover dental :winky:

(and I'm pretty sure Canada's system doesn't cover dental either)

Mr. Buttons on
  • Options
    edited December 2009

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    ZephyrZephyr Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    ive had mayo on burgers before

its good

Zephyr on
    16kakxt.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Barcardi wrote: »

that's just crazy, everybody knows that mayo is for dipping your french-fries into

Mr. Buttons on
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    One thing that really annoys me is that there are tax breaks if you are married, have kids, at uni, or are poor.

There are no tax breaks if you earn decent money.

I want my well-off white guy tax break.

Blake T on
  • Options
    scrivenerjonesscrivenerjones Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    No it doesn't cover dental and its a tragedy that dental is considered a luxury because goddamn lots of people die from dental infections everywhere

yes but it covers poutine, right

win some lose some

scrivenerjones on
  • Options
    CalliusCallius Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I guess I'm a racist.

Callius on
    tonksigblack.png
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    No it doesn't cover dental and its a tragedy that dental is considered a luxury because goddamn lots of people die from dental infections everywhere

I feel you. I have a pretty good feeling this is how I'm gonna go.

Zoel on
  • Options
    edited December 2009

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    CalliusCallius Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Barcardi wrote: »

Wait, you... don't put mayonnaise on hamburgers?

Harrier on
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Are you sure? I only ask because I know Australia does but the waiting list for that is so ridiculously long that everyone just uses private dentists instead (I am talking 12 month waits for crown replacements and stuff)

Oh and I have a cracked tooth! Looking forward to seeing how much that will cost me!

Blake T on
  • Options
    edited December 2009

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    edited December 2009

[Deleted User] on