As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PC Gaming - What have I missed?

124»

• StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Pheezer wrote: »
    Okay so it's like they went to find the most obnoxious possible example of a genre I dislike as a rule and decided to remake that. Awesome, I'll avoid that.

And EVERYONE is a fucking newb when playing HoN or DotA for the first 100 times.

But GTAIV is still really great even with the port troubles. It's an amazing game.

Stormwatcher on
    Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • GooglyBooglyGooglyBoogly Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I promise I'll try GalCiv II. Just as soon as I'm less obsessed with GTA IV.

I just picked up GalCivII - Ultimate edition, and was really disappointed

I am a big fan of many other 4X's like SMAC, MOO2 and Civ1,2 and 4.
    But Galciv is SERIOUSLY lacking in documentation.
    From what I have grasped of the documentation, it is a micromanagment WHORE. Pretty much requiring you to adjust your sliders every turn.
    The only overflow is for research, and the displayed statistics are NOT WYSIWYG.
    There is no choice of combat tactics.

If you obsess over getting the maximum out of your empire - forget about GalCivII.
    If you like to know the game mechanics in-depth - forget about GalCivII
    If you like some semblance of control for battles - Forget about GalCivII

GooglyBoogly on
    Into Alien Crossfire? It has been almost 10 years. Time to update your datalinks.
    Try out my Comprehensive Datalinks Update. Now v1.3!
  • anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    You thought HL2 was short? I felt like it was one of the longest fps I've ever played.

anoffday on
    Steam: offday
  • TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    And I felt like it was juuuuuuust right.

TychoCelchuuu on
  • -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I thought it dragged on a bit too long. I could have done without Ravenholme completely.

-Loki- on
  • StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I love HL2 a lot.

Stormwatcher on
    Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    -Loki- wrote: »
    I thought it dragged on a bit too long. I could have done without Ravenholme completely.
    What? Are you kidding me? That was my favorite part of the whole game! :shock:

anoffday on
    Steam: offday
  • -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    anoffday wrote: »

Did absolutely nothing for me. Didn't scare me, wasn't fun.

-Loki- on
  • MongerMonger I got the ham stink. Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009

It was the most wonderful grav gun playground.

Obviously Loki is tricking us with his tricks.

He is a trickster, as has long been written.

Monger on
    edited December 2009
    Monger wrote: »

It was the most wonderful grav gun playground.

Obviously Loki is tricking us with his tricks.

He is a trickster, as has long been written.

Gravity gun never hooked me. I mean, sure, I used it during Ravenholme because no other weapons were around until you get the shotgun, but it was incredibly tedious using it as a weapon. The most fun I had with it was in a HL2DM game at a LAN where someone grabbed a container and uprighted it, and we spent 10 minutes putting stuff in it. Bit odd that I got the most fun out of it doing digital housework.

-Loki- on