As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

MOTW 12/9/09: Bwa-Ha-Huh?

TexiKenTexiKen Dammit!That fish really got me!Registered User regular
edited December 2009 in Graphic Violence
Booster Gold #27:

bg27a.jpg

bg27c.jpg

And Booster's Sister is heading to Coast City right before Cyborg Superman blows it up oh no!

I must say I liked the last two issues where it was just a bigger story involving Booster and Jamie, and no backup issue. I hope they do this more. And Norton and Jurgens art blends well together when Norm Rapmund inks both of them.

TexiKen on

• RansRans Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    geez, pre-blow up Coast City is a hot spot destination for time travelers. Guy, Extant, Steel, and Supergirl hung out there moments before it blew. Hal, Parallax, and Kyle had a big battle there. Good times had by all in the 30 seconds remaining of Coast City.

Rans on
  • TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Deadpool #18, great as usual (that's so weird to say, isn't it?)
    dp18a.jpg

dp18b.jpg

dp18c.jpg

Deadpool is a red lantern!

dp18d.jpg

Basically Deadpool did this all so Mercury's Dad would say on TV Osborn put him up to it, he let the X-Men beat him up on TV so they could be seen as heroes again after what happened in Utopia.

And Cyclops mumbles that Deadpool actually has moves, but Deadpool heard him and they're tight, dawg!

TexiKen on
  • LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I picked up the Atrocitus figure today from series 1 of the Blackest Night figures. That's pretty momentous as I hardly ever buy anything other than floppies and trades.

Lucascraft on
  • DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2009
    MAaaaaaaaaaaaan fuck Cyclops, you'd be lucky to have Deadpool on the X-Men.

DarkWarrior on
  • McClyMcCly Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Fuck Marvel.

semi-spoiler?
    is there any book this week that DOESN'T have Steve Rogers? It's like they forgot all about Rebirth.

McCly on
    kbellchewiesig.jpg
  • LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    McCly wrote: »
    Fuck Marvel.

semi-spoiler?
    is there any book this week that DOESN'T have Steve Rogers?

Yeah, I was kinda pissed when he showed up in Iron Man.

Lucascraft on
    edited December 2009
    AND New Avengers. Probably a few others that I don't read, too.

McCly on
    kbellchewiesig.jpg
  • Kris_xKKris_xK Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I love this thread. It gets me so excited to go home and tear through my new books.

I'm really going to have pick up a Deadpool trade, I've missed far too many of them.

Kris_xK on
    calvinhobbessleddingsig2.gif
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited December 2009
    I really liked this issue of Batgirl.

Garlic Bread on
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I'll second that. I was skeptical about Batgirl at first, but it looks like it might be the enjoyable teen book we've needed since pretty much every other teen book (Robin, Titans, Runaways, Blue Beetle) has gone down the tubes.
    wgq9zr.jpg

Nation X also had a pretty good scene where Magneto confronts a hologram recording of himself during his Asteroid M days.
    nationx23001008.jpg

nationx23001009.jpg

The other shorts were good too. Here's a scene from the Nightcrawler/Wolverine road trip segment.
    Scan11154.jpg

Robos A Go Go on
  • FaynorFaynor Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I loved that Magneto scene.

Faynor on
    do you wanna see me eat a hotdog
    edited December 2009
    Japanese Psylocke.

TexiKen on
  • descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Totally buying that Nation X for the Wolverine/Nightcrawler. Tell Marvel to pay you for effective sales, Robos.

desc on
  • VermisVermis Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Did Magneto just say "You can totally trust me"?

See now, when they say he's a 'radical' I think they leave 'dude' off the end on purpose.

Whee, Deadpool. No really.

Vermis on
    rulksig.jpg
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Vermis wrote: »
    Did Magneto just say "You can totally trust me"?

See now, when they say he's a 'radical' I think they leave 'dude' off the end on purpose.

Whee, Deadpool. No really.

He was quoting Santos who, earlier in the story, says, "Magneto's a good guy now. We can totally trust him. Totally."

Robos A Go Go on
  • wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Both the New Avengers Annual and Iron Man were good but my MotW had to be MAX Kingpin's origin. I mean Holy shit.

wirehead26 on
    I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
    edited December 2009
    I loved Batgirl, too. It's like my new Ultimate Spider-Man.

McCly on
    kbellchewiesig.jpg
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Is that Allred or that guy who draws like him for the Nightcrawler/Logan thing there?

DouglasDanger on
    edited December 2009
    I'm certain it is. Nightcrawler even looks just like Madman in the first panel.

McCly on
    kbellchewiesig.jpg
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Scott is happy to send Wolverine on covert operations to murder people but not happy to have Deadpool on the team? Whatever happened to the X-Men being a home for those who have been abused and cast out by humanity? Deadpool has been more hard done by than pretty much every member of that team, and is a competent enough fighter to take them all on in a fight.

Usually I like Cyclops but here I think he is being a bit of a dick. Deadpool needs mental help not being told to fuck off because he's not good enough again.

Solar on
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Solar wrote: »
    Scott is happy to send Wolverine on covert operations to murder people but not happy to have Deadpool on the team? Whatever happened to the X-Men being a home for those who have been abused and cast out by humanity? Deadpool has been more hard done by than pretty much every member of that team, and is a competent enough fighter to take them all on in a fight.

Usually I like Cyclops but here I think he is being a bit of a dick. Deadpool needs mental help not being told to fuck off because he's not good enough again.
    He's just worried that Deadpool will put the Marvel Girl costume on again.

Fencingsax on
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Deadpool made his own costume to try to calm that particular fear.

I just think this recent arc has, underneath the humour, been very sad if you think about it. Deadpool has been abused all through his life, many of his mental problems exist because of the horrific things that have been done to him and how he was essentially forced to become an inhuman killing machine. These days it's all he knows how to do, yet he still tries to live by some sort of code and refuses to kill innocents (as far as I'm aware), and he wants to be an X-Man, be on team where everybody is supposed to be accepted and helped to be a better person. And Scott just says, no, fuck off, I hate you, you'll never be good enough to be an X-Man.

Solar on
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009

I just think this recent arc has, underneath the humour, been very sad if you think about it. Deadpool has been abused all through his life, many of his mental problems exist because of the horrific things that have been done to him and how he was essentially forced to become an inhuman killing machine. These days it's all he knows how to do, yet he still tries to live by some sort of code and refuses to kill innocents (as far as I'm aware), and he wants to be an X-Man, be on team where everybody is supposed to be accepted and helped to be a better person. And Scott just says, no, fuck off, I hate you, you'll never be good enough to be an X-Man.

Deadpool isn't exactly stable enough to stay on a team. If Scott had welcomed him with opened arms, Deadpool would have done something amusing while riding off into the sunset.

Fencingsax on
  • BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Wait wait wait.

Nation X has Anole, Santo, Mercury, and Magneto.

Well, I can't say no to that.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • AibynAibyn Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Fencingsax wrote: »

Deadpool isn't exactly stable enough to stay on a team. If Scott had welcomed him with opened arms, Deadpool would have done something amusing while riding off into the sunset.

Yes, let us not forget the last time Deadpool tried to get mental health help:
    fightytime.jpg

Damn, TOTP.

Okay, kinda lame but my MOTW was that I finally got around to finishing All-Star Superman. Wow, Supes is awesome in this series. Also i liked the re-imaging of some of Superman's enemies, Doomsday, Luther, Bizzaro.

Aibyn on
    "Over the centuries, mankind has tried many ways of combating the forces of evil...prayer, fasting, good works and so on. Up until Doom, no one seemed to have thought about the double-barrel shotgun. Eat leaden death, demon..."

-- (Terry Pratchett, alt.fan.pratchett)
    11737_c4020a74dc025a53.png
  • Futt BuckerFutt Bucker CTRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    Fuck Marvel.

semi-spoiler?

I guess Marvel has decided to abandon the Civil War/Ultimatum policy of delaying everything else and just said "fuck it" so they could go along with Siege on schedule.

Futt Bucker on
    My color is black to the blind
  • DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Fencingsax wrote: »

The last few times he's tried to fix his brain has resulted in:

Kitty Pryde getting Shoryuken'd
    Wade decapitating an evil psychiatrist
    Jesus Cable failing to TK his brain back into shape and kicking him out of Providence
    Wade acknowledging that Fox News commentators have valid points

Not exactly a very good track record, here. Besides, isn't he joining X-Force, soon?

Darklyre on
  • mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    X nation was pretty good.
    The superboy prime action comics blackest night dealy... more inside business craziness. Dumb.

mojojoeo on
    Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I think the time Deadpool was with the GLA show's what happens when he tries to be on a team.

Gabriel_Pitt on
  • CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    Fuck Marvel.

semi-spoiler?

I guess Marvel has decided to abandon the Civil War/Ultimatum policy of delaying everything else and just said "fuck it" so they could go along with Siege on schedule.

Didn't they have Guice on as the inker on Reborn to keep this from happening?

Crimsondude on
    edited December 2009
    Technically Reborn is only about 2 weeks late but those 2 weeks were costly in terms of spoilers.

wirehead26 on
    edited December 2009
    batgirl5017232.jpg

How the hell are they going to resolve (cheaply) that ending?

DarkWarrior on
  • VirralVirral Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I'm not sure how knowing that Cap comes back is really a spoiler when the series is called Captain America Reborn.

Virral on
    2vlp7o9.jpg
    edited December 2009
    Virral wrote: »
    I'm not sure how knowing that Cap comes back is really a spoiler when the series is called Captain America Reborn.

That is a good point but it doesn't change the fact Marvel, or Hitch I should say, couldn't get the book out on time to avoid all this.

wirehead26 on
    edited December 2009
    deadpool180005.jpg

deadpool1800060007.jpg

deadpool180008.jpg

I'vbe never liked Cyclops but hes a grade-a douchebag in this issue. He owes EVERYTHING to Deadpool.

DarkWarrior on
    edited December 2009
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    Virral wrote: »

That is a good point but it doesn't change the fact Marvel, or Hitch I should say, couldn't get the book out on time to avoid all this.

Yeah, it's a shame because they obviously had it planned out perfectly, Reborn #5 and then BANG he's showing up in other books... but Marvel was between a Rock and a Hard place once the book was delayed.
    No matter how they responded it was going to cause nerd-rage, so at least everyone got their other books on time rather than wait for what is at the end of the day barely a spoiler at all.

Virral on
    2vlp7o9.jpg
    edited December 2009
    The best solution was no Hitch at all, give it to Butch Guice. Or find other artists in the stable who have proven to be monthly, and use them for this event (the event is big enough that even a lesser known artist isn't a hindrance to the book, it's Steve coming back written by Brubaker, it will sell well.)

And I was expecting Steve to be reborn as somehow being the accelerated child inside Sharon who busts out of the womb to punch Red Skull in Steve's old body ala Captain America #1. Thanks for nothing Marvel.

TexiKen on
    edited December 2009
    Ladies and Gentlemen of the Jury, I give you Exhibit A: Someone who would find a way to complain about Marvel regardless of the outcome.

Virral on
    2vlp7o9.jpg
    edited December 2009
    My idea is so much better, I will have Chris Giarrusso draw it.

TexiKen on
    edited December 2009
    Pfft, worst part is obviously that one person isn't cap anymore.

DarkWarrior on