As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

It is no longer the beavotron birthday bash [CHAT]stravaganza.

• Options
    BuckwolfeBuckwolfe Starts With Them, Ends With Us Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    mully wrote: »
    i cant understand why video game-y guys would ever date girls who didn't play video games
    it just seems ... uncomfortable.

Um.....Why?

Buckwolfe on
  • Options
    mullymully Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    because girls who don't understand/play video games think it's childish and therefore they'd assume they were more mature/stable than their significant other
    i have friends who just shake their head at me when i tell them i want to go home and play tf2 with bombs because they think it's stupid or not something adults should do

mully on
  • Options
    KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I couldn't date someone who didn't like the vidya. That would be silly. I mean, maybe, 'Like' but didn't have the time to play, because then I could create a videogame-frankensteins-monster. But I've been seeing those videos of fucking bitches like, getting all PMS-crazy and videotaping them destroying their boyfriends PS3's and shit and how other chicks post all YOU GO GIRL and hejrbjrnbjm

ALSO YAY ND

Kochikens on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Well that may be true in some cases, maybe even in most of them. I don't know. But that doesn't mean it has to a deal breaker. There are other qualities to a person beyond hobbies, and general interests.

Unless the gamer in question was not only an avid one, but worked in the video game field or something to that effect. Then I could understand how not seeing eye-to-eye on video games might be a major issue.

but you can apply the same sort of logic to almost anything. Especially if it deals with art.:?

Buckwolfe on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Kochikens wrote: »
    But I've been seeing those videos of fucking bitches like, getting all PMS-crazy and videotaping them destroying their boyfriends PS3's and shit and how other chicks post all YOU GO GIRL and hejrbjrnbjm

I like to think there's a definite line between disagreeing with/not sharing a partner's interest, and being a possessive, insecure psycho bitch, which is what those particular ladies come across as to me.

That'd be like a guy lighting his girlfriend's entire wardrobe on fire because he hates shopping.

Buckwolfe on
  • Options
    rtsrts Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I don't think I would care. It would probably be much worse if they didn't have any interest in art. Or more specifically, representational fine art or illustration.

rts on
  • Options
    MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    My significant other doesn't play video games, but she fully support my habit, so it's cool. I did get her to play co-op on Res Evil 4 once, good times, she enjoyed it but not enough to do it again apparently. Which is to say she probably didn't enjoy it that much.

Mustang on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJVBsUX-zCM&feature=player_embedded

hrrghh

I work in videogames/it's one of my major passions, so yeah. It'd be like. Oh.. so you.. you hate videogames...? WELL. I mean, your significant other is allergic to cats, you can't have cats. Or they don't like jeopardy and you fucking love that shit. That's alright. So I guess it depends on how important it is in your life. Same goes with like, I couldn't date someone who was a waaayyy better artist than me, or a really shitty artist. But a not-artist or an equal level one, alright.

Kochikens on
  • Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Buckwolfe wrote: »
    ND - I want to read your latest string of posts. I really do, but they're just so fucking long. I feel like just starting to read any one of them is too much of a commitment for me.

I don't care, man! Read what you want! I type a lot, I type fast, I read fast! A bunch of my posts are verbose and that's just the way I write, when going on about something in a casual manner. No big thing!

But here, I'll tl;dr it for you.

I've been through a lot of shit over the past few years especially, and it's as if all that "bad" is being cancelled out by this single week of amazing events and discoveries. That's all. :)

NightDragon on
  • Options
    ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    i cant understand why video game-y guys would ever date girls who didn't play video games
    it just seems ... uncomfortable.

It was quite uncomfortable. Which is why I broke up with her (not because of just video games by the way), the relationship itself never developed to a point where I felt comfortable around her in general.

Sort of like being up here talking about past failed relationships. Stupid ladies not enjoying video games, what's their problem anyways huh?!

Prospicience on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Mustang wrote: »
    My significant other doesn't play video games, but she fully support my habit, so it's cool. I did get her to play co-op on Res Evil 4 once, good times, she enjoyed it but not enough to do it again apparently. Which is to say she probably didn't enjoy it that much.

That. That right there was my main point.

I don't think not sharing all hobbies and general interests should be a deal breaker when it comes to a relationship. If its a real passion and/or a carrier, beyond a hobby, then that may be another issue depending on the individual.

At least she gave it an honest shot, Mustang. That's the best you could have realistically hoped for. Kudos to her for making an effort.

Buckwolfe on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    botp-quoting for Buck:
    ND - I want to read your latest string of posts. I really do, but they're just so fucking long. I feel like just starting to read any one of them is too much of a commitment for me.

I don't care, man! Read what you want! I type a lot, I type fast, I read fast! A bunch of my posts are verbose and that's just the way I write, when going on about something in a casual manner. No big thing!

I've been through a lot of shit over the past few years especially, and it's as if all that "bad" is being cancelled out by this single week of amazing events and discoveries. That's all. :)

NightDragon on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Yeah, and I'm totally not saying that previous relationships if they didn't play it was a deal breaker. But, she didn't even support the idea that I liked them, whatsoever really.

Prospicience on
  • Options
    edited December 2009

As much as I fucking love books, I'm an incredibly slow reader. I'm also easily distracted, especially on the internet.

That condensed summary sounds like wonderful news though. I might go back and read your posts after all.

:)

Buckwolfe on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Quick! Sandwich or Chipotle?

rts on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Sandwich!

Prospicience on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    What kind of sandwich?

Fuck it.

Go with the sandwich.

Buckwolfe on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Sandwich it is. I will probably get a French Dip unless my mood turns by the time I get there.

rts on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Sandwich.

NightDragon on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    What's a chipotle? I'd get one of them, just for the experience of having a "chipotle"

also for chuckles

129018446444976182.jpg

Mustang on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    What's a chipotle? I'd get one of them, just for the experience of having a "chipotle"

also for chuckles

129018446444976182.jpg[IMG][/img]

Lawl.

EDIT - I totally gave up on trying to complete a L4D2 campaign on expert tonight. I was playing earlier, and tonight just isn't my night. I think I'm gonna try to be more productive by doodling instead.

I just want to beat a campaign on expert so bad......

D:

Buckwolfe on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    aaaaaaand this is when the chat thread comes to a standstill.

NightDragon on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    because it's getting to the end? I couldn't be arsed thinking of a name. So whoever wants it.

Mustang on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    because it's getting to the end? I couldn't be arsed thinking of a name. So whoever wants it.

No. No, I'm pretty sure its because I started talking.

The [CHAT] always comes to a lull by my first or second post. After the first few, it comes to an agonizing crawl.

And that's when I usually decide to put the final nail in the coffin (i.e. this post).

I AM BUCKWOLFE!!! [CHAT] THREAD SLAYER!!!

Buckwolfe on
  • Options
    TamTam Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    what now

Tam on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    We wait

Mustang on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    ....Fuck.

It would have been perfect if the thread had been locked immediately after my last post. But no. Tam had to open his e-yap, and ruin it all.

Thanks a bunch, Tam..

You too, Mustang.

Now I'm a grumpy Buckwolfe.

Buckwolfe on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    tam wanna scrabble?

mully on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    tam wanna scrabble?

Is that some new kind of dance craze all you kids are into these days?

Wait. Can these threads actually go beyond 99, or 100 pages? Or do they just cap? And what happened to the old 'thread ends at page 50' rule?

Buckwolfe on
  • Options
    earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    enchiladas

earthwormadam on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    How many points is "enchiladas" worth?

Buckwolfe on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    actually i wanna draw kind of i guess
    anyone wanna oc

mully on
  • Options
    earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    75 points of deliciousness.

Woah snowstorms AND thunder and lightning!! Badass.

earthwormadam on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    OLOL

NightDragon on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    dammit.

NightDragon on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    actually i wanna draw kind of i guess
    anyone wanna oc

i think OC only works on windows, which would mean I'd have to switch over to my windows partition, download OC, and install my tablet drivers, etc.

That sounds like a lot of work....

Does ND win some sort of prize?

Buckwolfe on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    wait, what? Did I just cheat or something

I did not expect to be the winrar

NightDragon on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Maybe you did cheat, and that makes me the winner by default.

That'd put an awful lot of pressure on me, you know.

Buckwolfe on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Phew now I can post again without having to worry about thinking up something clever

Kochikens on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Kochikens wrote: »
    Phew now I can post again without having to worry about thinking up something clever

You don't have to think up anything clever. All you'd have to do is think of something passable, and then everyone will bitch and moan about your [CHAT] thread title, until a mod decides to change it behind your back. Then everyone will go back to posting happily.

It all works out in the end.

EDIT - I think if I ever got the chance to make the new thread again, mine would be "At The Mountains of [CHAT]ness"

I don't think that one has ever been done.

Buckwolfe on
This discussion has been closed.