As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX East Information and FAQ (ASK QUESTIONS HERE!)

• Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited November 2009
    I think you should trust heels to the authority on this kind of thing.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    JaidenJaiden Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »
    I think you should trust heels to the authority on this kind of thing.

This advice sounds dubious at best.

no seriously you should probably trust heels

Jaiden on
    [15:51] <+Snickers> Dur, I R CUM
    [10:24] * @BigRed-Worky cums the water

[12:32] <+prox> lawl you kickbanned me so hard my client crashed
  • Options
    JimmyDeemoJimmyDeemo Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    That's for the help on that. Seems that an overnight flight and a Friday morning check in might be the beat way.

I will do some more research and pop back with more questions if need be. Cheers.

JimmyDeemo on
  • Options
    JoeyridgeJoeyridge Registered User new member
    edited November 2009
    Thanks for the insight.

It sounds like the extra day will be worthwhile.

Joeyridge on
  • Options
    LewieP's MummyLewieP's Mummy Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    @JimmyDeemo check out Asda for flights and hotels - so far, they're coming up the cheapest for me and LewieP, and think about coming a bit earlier, cos then you'll be able to do the Magical Mystery Tour with lots of other PAX people, so get a head start on meeting people.

LewieP's Mummy on
    For all the top UK Gaming Bargains, check out SavyGamer

For paintings in progress, check out canvas and paints

"The power of the weirdness compels me."
  • Options
    shadowofthetoastershadowofthetoaster Registered User new member
    edited November 2009
    Hi everyone,

I am a super noob I suppose. I have never been to any conventions. My question: is it wiser to go all three days or just one for a noobie?

extra info: so far going alone and I do live 30 miles from Boston

~thanks

shadowofthetoaster on
    bittermallis.png
  • Options
    SillyconmindSillyconmind Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Hi everyone,

I am a super noob I suppose. I have never been to any conventions. My question: is it wiser to go all three days or just one for a noobie?

extra info: so far going alone and I do live 30 miles from Boston

~thanks

Personal preferance with this sort of thing... go big or go home ;-)

Sillyconmind on
  • Options
    JimmyDeemoJimmyDeemo Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    @JimmyDeemo check out Asda for flights and hotels - so far, they're coming up the cheapest for me and LewieP, and think about coming a bit earlier, cos then you'll be able to do the Magical Mystery Tour with lots of other PAX people, so get a head start on meeting people.

Cheers for that info about Asda, care to divulge any specifics (e.g. hotel names? is it the ones listed on the PAX site?).

I'm currently waiting on a quote from the UK Travel Partner that i sound on the PAX site, so gonna see what that comes up with.

JimmyDeemo on
  • Options
    OrosoOroso Enforcer PortlandRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Hi everyone,

My first PAX was in 2008, going for only one day is one of my biggest regrets. It's been more amazing than I imagined possible, and I still haven't had the time to experience everything there is to do.

Oroso on
  • Options
    LigerLiger Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I agree with 'go big or go home.' PAX 07 was my first ever convention, and I enforced the hell out of it.

Liger on
    5932306549_6b4d957b56.jpg CUSTOM LANYARDS FOR PAX
  • Options
    WolfieeWolfiee Web/Graphic Designer and Illustrator MARegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Does anyone know if Bungie will be attending?

Wolfiee on
    0CsmwYt.jpg
    Badges [ ] Hotel [ ] Complete Pixelist.net [x] Excitement [x]
  • Options
    KittylairKittylair Registered User new member
    edited December 2009
    What is PAX's policy on room parties thrown by groups that are professional party throwers?

(to qualify- I am asking as an interested individual and not acting on behalf of my group...at the moment)

Thanks for the info,

Kitty

Kittylair on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    That's more a hotel policy than a PAX policy, since it would happen in a hotel room.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    Vaulter85Vaulter85 Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I saw that there was a Harry Potter themed Pub Crawl last year at PAX. This will be my first year attending PAX & was wondering if there was going to be another Pub Crawl of sorts? IF so count me in! If not, then lets get one organized!

Vaulter85 on
    Team Charmander Brofessional
  • Options
    ZukiZuki Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Liger wrote: »
    I agree with 'go big or go home.' PAX 07 was my first ever convention, and I enforced the hell out of it.

How'd that go? I am so unbelievably excited about my first PAX like you wouldn't believe, but I'm more of a tabletop roleplayer/very casual gamer/all purpose geek than a competitive gamer. How much time does Enforcing leave for the rest of the spectacle of concerts and panels?

Zuki on
  • Options
    kid_nyckid_nyc Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    hello. i am new. how are you?

so apparently i altogether missed the application process to work as a pax east enforcer.

was that the only opportunity to volunteer?? or is an enforcer different than a volunteer?

thank you.

kid_nyc on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    enforcer = volunteer

If the applications have been closed, then you missed your shot. Sorry.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    kid_nyckid_nyc Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    BUMMER.

thanks for the quick response. :)

edit: now that i think of it, and i don't mean to be a jerk, but it would have been nice if there was a notification on the pax east site itself, or in their faq's or something. i've been checking that on a regular basis. apparently there was only info on that blog gabe wrote a month ago, that i somehow missed. it's too bad.

again, don't mean to be the rude new kid, but just sayin....

kid_nyc on
  • Options
    arsonisfunarsonisfun Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Vaulter85 wrote: »
    I saw that there was a Harry Potter themed Pub Crawl last year at PAX. This will be my first year attending PAX & was wondering if there was going to be another Pub Crawl of sorts? IF so count me in! If not, then lets get one organized!

Yea, I actually just asked Atlus about it (he mentioned something about a PAX East version)

I live in Boston and I've organized a fair number of crawls, so if all else fails I'll step up to the plate and come up with a route and whatnot for any interested people.

arsonisfun on
    I am IRCs resident nerdbro and member of the PokeCrawl planning committee.

Red B/Gold Professor

[15:53] <+juju-work> ArsonIsFun is one of the best people I know.
  • Options
    VisionOfClarityVisionOfClarity Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Atlus is doing a crawl and he mentioned Pokemon as a theme.

VisionOfClarity on
  • Options
    LigerLiger Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Zuki wrote: »
    Liger wrote: »

How'd that go? I am so unbelievably excited about my first PAX like you wouldn't believe, but I'm more of a tabletop roleplayer/very casual gamer/all purpose geek than a competitive gamer. How much time does Enforcing leave for the rest of the spectacle of concerts and panels?

It was the most amazing thing ever. I started my summer in a very dark place, and joining the Seattle crew of the Enforcers gave me a running start at PAX. It was a bit of a golden year and we had a lot of social stuff going on. Parties, concerts, etc. By the time PAX hit I felt like I knew everyone already, and the only new thing to me was that whole convention part of the convention. ;) I've worked theatre tech jobs before, and retail service, so I had some idea of what it would be like.

Imagine this: You're working a retail job with all of your best friends as coworkers. 99% of your customers are happy, smiling, polite, share common interests with you and treat you like a real human being. If only such a retail job existed that paid!

I'm like you, a very casual gamer/all purpose geek. As such I felt comfortable in every section of PAX. The show is set up for any and every level of gamer (except Fatal1ty). Enforcing ensured I always had something to do, but I was surprised my first year at how much there was to keep me occupied when i wasn't wearing the Black shirt.

Liger on
    5932306549_6b4d957b56.jpg CUSTOM LANYARDS FOR PAX
  • Options
    BobbehBobbeh Registered User new member
    edited December 2009
    Hey, I'm planning on going to PAX East with my father, and the FAQ says ESRB guidelines will be followed. Me being 15, this claims that I will be unable to access some M-rated content at the convention. If my dad is with me, will I be able to try out the M demos and other content?

(I tried finding this and couldn't)

Bobbeh on
  • Options
    WormdundeeWormdundee Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I believe it's at the discretion of the company running the booth. They may or may not allow you to if your dad is giving permission, but I would bet if he wasn't there then you wouldn't be able to play any of the M games.

Wormdundee on
  • Options
    BobbehBobbeh Registered User new member
    edited December 2009
    Wormdundee wrote: »
    I believe it's at the discretion of the company running the booth. They may or may not allow you to if your dad is giving permission, but I would bet if he wasn't there then you wouldn't be able to play any of the M games.

I already figured I wouldn't be able to if he wasn't with me, but alright. Let's hope we have some nice companies. :P

Bobbeh on
  • Options
    Vaulter85Vaulter85 Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Atlus is doing a crawl and he mentioned Pokemon as a theme.

Awesome. Does anyone know if there is already a thread started on it? Or if he's still figuring out the whole crawl & there's no definite info on it yet? Either way count me in, I would like to participate. :mrgreen:

Vaulter85 on
    Team Charmander Brofessional
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Atlus doesn't believe in starting his bar crawl thread until about 2 months out from the event.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    goldsaturngoldsaturn Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I'm registering on behalf of my college's electronic gaming club and need to know if I'll get a receipt. When/if will I receive one?

goldsaturn on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    You'll get an e-mail receipt almost instantly.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    ItalinaPeachsItalinaPeachs Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Hello, I only just found out about this convention and I just has a question.

I am very big into costuming, and I like to be able to co to as many conventions as possible as long as I get to put on a costume. Is there costuming here?

ItalinaPeachs on
  • Options
    whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    If PAX East is anything like PAX Prime, you won't be able to swing a dead Virtual Boy without hitting a group of people cosplaying as TF2 characters, so yeah, costumes will definitely be present.

whypick1 on
    Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • Options
    ItalinaPeachsItalinaPeachs Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Okay! Thank you, though I do have a quick question on that. I know this is a big gaming convention, and currently I am on a Comic costuming kick. Is that okay, or in fact we wanted to do a Mortal Kombat group as well...

ItalinaPeachs on
  • Options
    InstantKamraInstantKamra Registered User new member
    edited December 2009
    I searched but don't not see anything - if I missed it in this thread I apologize (but it is a LOOOONG thread).

Anyway - my question - what time will things get started on Friday? I know the schedule has not been posted yet, but are there any educated guesses? I am wondering if I should arrive Thursday night or Friday morning ( arriving Friday would save me some $$$ but I also want to be there when it starts).

Thanks for the help.

InstanKamra

InstantKamra on
  • Options
    whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I searched but don't not see anything - if I missed it in this thread I apologize (but it is a LOOOONG thread).

Anyway - my question - what time will things get started on Friday? I am wondering if I should arrive Thursday night or Friday morning ( arriving Friday would save me some $$$ but I also want to be there when it starts).

Thanks for the help.

InstanKamra
    When:
    EXHIBIT HALL HOURS
    Friday, March 26th, 2010 - 2pm to 7pm
    Saturday, March 27th, 2010 - 10am to 6pm
    Sunday, March 28th, 2010 - 10am to 6pm

EVENT HOURS
    Friday, March 26th, 2010 - 10am to 2am
    Saturday, March 27th, 2010 - 10am to 2am

whypick1 on
    Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • Options
    InstantKamraInstantKamra Registered User new member
    edited December 2009
    When:
    EXHIBIT HALL HOURS
    Friday, March 26th, 2010 - 2pm to 7pm
    Saturday, March 27th, 2010 - 10am to 6pm

EVENT HOURS
    Friday, March 26th, 2010 - 10am to 2am
    Saturday, March 27th, 2010 - 10am to 2am
    [/QUOTE]

Great - thanks. If it is posted in the registration page....I wonder why the PAX East main page still says:

PAX East Schedule
    Coming Soon

I guess that will be the detailed schedules.

Thanks again.

InstantKamra on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Those event hours are incorrect. Friday doesn't open until 2pm.

The main page says schedule coming soon as it refers to the FULL schedule of events.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    avsfan590avsfan590 Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    hi i am wondering if you are allowed to bring video camera's to film some of the new games coming out at the PAX event?

avsfan590 on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    You can take pictures or film anywhere that doesn't have a "No cameras allowed" sign. Those are rare and typically only during exclusive high-profile game showcases.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    LTAcostaLTAcosta Boston, MARegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    avsfan590 wrote: »
    hi i am wondering if you are allowed to bring video camera's to film some of the new games coming out at the PAX event?

In general they are okay, but certain developers may have signs, or may tell you that you cant film at their booth. It really depends on each individual booth.

LTAcosta on
    AN9buWz.png
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    hi i am also wondering im coming from hamilton pretty late on friday around 5 p.m (determined by my flight plans) would i have enough time to fit in seeing the whole event and everything there saturday and sunday. and 2nd what do they usually do on the last day there?o_O

avsfan590 on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    and if anybody's wondering its Hamilton Ontario.

avsfan590 on
This discussion has been closed.