As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Mass Effect - Tycho: He does WORK!

1575859606163»

• Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Dorn does not sound happy to be doing sci-fi again :(

He didn't sound completely depressed at least. Like Alan Rickmans character in Galaxy Quest :)

Egos on
  • Options
    Cherokee JackCherokee Jack Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I have a theory that since Oblivion sold a bajillion copies, there's a new law that every other Western RPG must include a very bored performance from a former TNG castmember.

Cherokee Jack on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    I have a theory that since Oblivion sold a bajillion copies, there's a new law that every other Western RPG must include a very bored performance from a former TNG castmember.

yes lets get bored stage actors who would rather be doing something else as opposed to the enthusiastic up and comer voice actor :winky:

Egos on
  • Options
    Zetetic ElenchZetetic Elench Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Egos wrote: »

yes lets get bored stage actors who would rather be doing something else as opposed to the enthusiastic up and comer voice actor :winky:

Shatner spoken word cover of M4 Part II confirmed

Zetetic Elench on
    nemosig.png
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited December 2009

Neither Tuvok nor janeway were in TNG...

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2009

You know that might actually be pretty great.

Could you imagine if they had a Shatner bot?

Egos on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    So I have to say I'm in a bit of a debate about whether I should pre-order from Gamestop or not.....I like Black Armor alot... (even though I kind of like Inferno also).

Its a shame places like Amazon and sometimes Best Buy have such better prices.

Egos on
  • Options
    NineNine Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I think I prefer the Inferno armor. It makes Shepard look sort of like Iron Man.

Nine on
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    well i mean

you do get a gun

that shoots singularities

-Tal on
    PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    Zetetic ElenchZetetic Elench Registered User regular
    edited December 2009

You know that might actually be pretty great.

Could you imagine if they had a Shatner bot?

People diss Shatner's stuff pretty often.

But I find it spectacularly funny in an awesome way and an utter joy to listen to.

I mean, good god!

Zetetic Elench on
    nemosig.png
  • Options
    Cherokee JackCherokee Jack Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Spoit wrote: »

Neither Tuvok nor janeway were in TNG...

Thus the "every other". Plus I think Mulgrew did a decent job in DA, or at least sounded conscious.

Cherokee Jack on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    hmm well gamestop is out of the collectors edition (at least online for the 360) so ... that kinda simplifies things.

Egos on
  • Options
    Frosty the Snow PlowFrosty the Snow Plow Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I don't see the Collector's Armor and weapon as particularly tempting.

Although they need to announce what the fucking Cerberus card is already.

Frosty the Snow Plow on
  • Options
    LuxLux Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Sometimes the skeptic in me wonders about the editing.

Carrie Anne Moss: "I've been fortunate enough to play really wonderful characters, like Trinity in the Matrix ... but it's not that often you get to play someone like that."

Uh... Did she go on after that to say, "So, you know, this Aria character will do for now."

Lux on
  • Options
    Frosty the Snow PlowFrosty the Snow Plow Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    "Like Trinity in the Matrix, y'know, this really strong woman. It's not often you get to play someone...like that."

I think she was emphasising the fact that Aria's a strong woman. Running a colony of outlaws and such.

Not that that video isn't of course cut and edited to take the best lines said about the actor's thoughts on the game and their roles, but.

Frosty the Snow Plow on
  • Options
    RaynagaRaynaga Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Urian wrote: »
    It's probably hard for a lot of people to get work, so he might have bregrudgingly accepted this role. I would have NEVER expected someone of the caliber of Martin Sheen to do something like this, but there you go. If it's good enough for him it's good enough for Dorn. And if he's typecasted, so what, there's worse things that could have happened in his career. At this rate we're going to have Mark Wahlburg in Mass Effect 3.

Man, Martin Sheen will be in just about anything so long as they are paying him.

Great actor, but his film history doesn't read like a discerning project-taker.

Raynaga on
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    strong woman

you mean pompous bitch asari #17 who i will kill at the first chance

-Tal on
    PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    SuperRuperSuperRuper Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    "Like Trinity in the Matrix, y'know, this really strong woman. It's not often you get to play someone...like that."

I think she was emphasising the fact that Aria's a strong woman. Running a colony of outlaws and such.

Not that that video isn't of course cut and edited to take the best lines said about the actor's thoughts on the game and their roles, but.

Shepard: Aria! Can you fly this?

Aria: Not yet. Joker I need a flight lesson for the Normandy....let's go...

SuperRuper on
    steam_sig.png
    PSN: ChemENGR
  • Options
    Fatty McBeardoFatty McBeardo Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Raynaga wrote: »
    Urian wrote: »
    It's probably hard for a lot of people to get work, so he might have bregrudgingly accepted this role. I would have NEVER expected someone of the caliber of Martin Sheen to do something like this, but there you go. If it's good enough for him it's good enough for Dorn. And if he's typecasted, so what, there's worse things that could have happened in his career. At this rate we're going to have Mark Wahlburg in Mass Effect 3.

Man, Martin Sheen will be in just about anything so long as they are paying him.

Great actor, but his film history doesn't read like a discerning project-taker.

Let's go to the board on this one.

Survey says.... yes!

You are correct, Martin Sheen (much like Robert Deniro) is not a harsh judge of projects. That being said, despite having been in some stinkers, he's also had prominent roles in some of the best of the best.

As far as Carrie-Ann Moss goes... not impressive. She was weak in the Matrix films and she was weak in Memento.

Fatty McBeardo on
  • Options
    RaynagaRaynaga Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Oh god, that B:5 film.

So bad.

And I fucking loved Babylon 5.

EDIT: That last post just made me realize CCH Pounder was Amanda Waller. I feel stupid and overjoyed at the same time.

Raynaga on
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I love actors who don't discern which projects they work on. You get people turning up in random stuff.

electricitylikesme on