As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Can't view certain things in Firefox

QuarterMasterQuarterMaster Registered User regular
edited April 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
..Unless I'm scrolled down "on top" if it. 'It' mostly being videos and photos that have to load before being viewed, as well as flash apps (like the music players on MySpace). Here are a couple of screenshots to show you what I mean:

screen1db4.th.png
I can view things when it's like this..

..but not like this
screen2tj7.th.png

Does anybody have any idea why it would be doing this? Any help at all would be greatly appreciated! :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
QuarterMaster on

• Options
    JaninJanin Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    It could be a side effect of Adblock or another extension. Could you try disabling all extensions, restarting Firefox (with Apple-Q), and loading the page again to see if the problem persists?

If it continues, are all your plugins (Flash, etc) at the latest version?

Janin on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Well, apparently it's AdBlock Plus that's doing it. Is there any other extension out there that does the same thing, without doing that? I love not having ads on the sites I visit..but it's getting almost equally annoying with it killing other things as well. >.<

QuarterMaster on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    FristleFristle Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I just recently discovered what was causing that (I was having the same problem).

The FlashBlock and AdBlock Plus add-ons don't stack well. Disabling one or the other seemed to solve the issue. I went with disabling FlashBlock personally.

Fristle on
    Fristle.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Hm..that didn't work for me. AdBlock still seems to be having issues. :-/

QuarterMaster on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    JaninJanin Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    You could try disabling displaying the tabs on embeds, that seems to cause many bugs.

Janin on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    jmillikin wrote: »
    You could try disabling displaying the tabs on embeds, that seems to cause many bugs.

This worked! Thanks a lot for the help. :)

QuarterMaster on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]