As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[The Show us your Workstation Thread] Keeping tissue boxes where they are

1161718192022»

• Options
    LostLost Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I love those Hanns-G monitors. I had a second till I upgraded one to the 1080p monitor on the left.

Lost on
  • Options
    Mike DangerMike Danger "Diane..." a place both wonderful and strangeRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I think mine is starting to develop some kind of burn-in or something. It's very strange.

Mike Danger on
    Steam: Mike Danger | PSN/NNID: remadeking | 3DS: 2079-9204-4075
    oE0mva1.jpg
  • Options
    DREAD_XIDREAD_XI Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    DREADUPDATE.jpg

DREADUPDATE2.jpg

DREADUPDATE3.jpg

DREADUpdate4.jpg

Triple monitor gaming DREAD69_XI style you must watch ! :winky:

Watch My vids I have been working on this rig for a year now and have been online for 3 years.

I am very big in gaming and I do not have money to throw away !

I started gaming on and modding PS2 systems (Playstation 2).

I was given a laptop 3 years ago by my local bartender !

I played UT 2004 on that laptop on the wireless at the bar !

This is the result of that and OCD / ADD !

Triple monitor gaming DREAD69_XI style you must watch ! :winky:

DREAD_XI on
  • Options
    Helpless RockHelpless Rock Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I'm going to be honest here and say that your set up unexplainably frightens me a little.

Helpless Rock on
    WT83sWz.jpg
    Steam: Car1gt // Tumblr // Facebook // Twitter
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    I'm going to be honest here and say that your set up unexplainably frightens me a little.

Have you watched The videos ?

DREAD_XI on
  • Options
    SrazekSrazek Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I watched some of them and I am also frightened.

And so, so jealous.

Srazek on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Srazek wrote: »

And so, so jealous.

I'm about inebriated now and have been enjoying my rig par normal !

This has been a lot of work and I thank you for your comments.

If you have a youtube account please rate my vids.

DREAD_XI on
  • Options
    edited December 2009

And so, so jealous.

Lolz !

TY !

FYI The Sony Tv is my 4TH monitor and it was $5 at the dump !

It has a convergence problem that will be fixed with some soldering or max $30 to $70 for all the parts to replace on the board and make it like new ;) .

I am now a better TV - Electronic repair man thanks to my good friend GOOGLE ! :)

DREAD_XI on
  • Options
    iTunesIsEviliTunesIsEvil Cornfield? Cornfield.Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Your sig's gonna get your raped there my friend.

iTunesIsEvil on
  • Options
    xYUUBINKYOKUxxYUUBINKYOKUx Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Nice setup but that room looks like a fire waiting to happen. Also you can put the sig in a spoiler if you want to keep it small enough to keep.

xYUUBINKYOKUx on
  • Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    DREAD_XI wrote: »

And so, so jealous.

Lolz !

TY !

FYI The Sony Tv is my 4TH monitor and it was $5 at the dump !

It has a convergence problem that will be fixed with some soldering or max $30 to $70 for all the parts to replace on the board and make it like new ;) .

I am now a better TV - Electronic repair man thanks to my good friend GOOGLE ! :)

We can only strive and wish to become better Televisions too, friend.

Stormwatcher on
    Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    BarrakkethBarrakketh Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I think mine is starting to develop some kind of burn-in or something. It's very strange.

I have a Hanns-G monitor that developed a problem where it thinks something is pressing the Volume - button, which means that when it acts up I have a volume bar stuck on the screen. I have no idea how to actually disassemble the thing, especially because of the USB port that sticks out. I had removed all of the visible screws before and it still wouldn't separate.

Barrakketh on
    Rollers are red, chargers are blue....omae wa mou shindeiru
  • Options
    edited December 2009

What do you mean about my sig...Believe it or not I am new to this and have no idea what you mean. Raped?

DREAD_XI on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Nice setup but that room looks like a fire waiting to happen. Also you can put the sig in a spoiler if you want to keep it small enough to keep.

No everything is fine I have 4 35 Amp breakers just running this room. Everything is provided enough power and all that jazz. Not to much load going threw any of my surge protectors...Wires don't just ketch fire ;)
    Thank you for your concern and I think I got the sig thing now. I did not no the text for the spoiler.

DREAD_XI on
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Dread, is english your first language? Because reading your posts is hard. Also, did you steal a ton of stuff, because 700 bucks? That's ridiculous for all that. There's no way. Awesome setup though. Love the AC.

SniperGuy on
  • Options
    iTunesIsEviliTunesIsEvil Cornfield? Cornfield.Registered User regular
    edited December 2009

What do you mean about my sig...Believe it or not I am new to this and have no idea what you mean. Raped?
    Your sig wasn't in a spoiler tag like it is now. The max height for the signature is supposed to be around 80 pixels or 4 lines of text. :P

iTunesIsEvil on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Dread, is english your first language? Because reading your posts is hard. Also, did you steal a ton of stuff, because 700 bucks? That's ridiculous for all that. There's no way. Awesome setup though. Love the AC.

I don't know what you mean about 700 bucks and I get most of my stuff broken and fix it. My comp is $1200 so far. Two of the monitors were free and needed capacitors.
    And as for the English thing I might take that as an insult...If I were one to care. I just ran across this forum of people showing there rigs. I then decided that I wanted to show off my rig that I am very much proud of. I hope that is not a problem and that you can learn to read my post or just ignore them. I am a high school dropout that makes a living on fixing electronics. I have made my way of the street and into a nice little setup where I play video games and work on stuff with wires all day. For myself. If my grammar is bad than it cannot be helped because I have no need to go out of my way to work on something that matters only to people that are picky. IMO. You went out of your way to tell me about your complication with reading my post so I went out the way to explain that I suck at putting things into text.

DREAD_XI on
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Dread is there a video of the noise your entire setup makes when you're using it?

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    This was my last trip to the landfill.

$5 for everything because they cannot bury led in the ground.

$5 a ton as in 2000 pounds ! I did not get near that much stuff in weight but I think I got my moneys worth. :winky:

I made my $5 back + $30 on selling a power supply from the stack of pillaged parts. :lol:
    DSC01401.jpg

DSC01409.jpg

DREAD_XI on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Malkor wrote: »
    Dread is there a video of the noise your entire setup makes when you're using it?

Ha Ha Ha! actually it is quiet. The loudest thing in the case is my Radeon 4870 and it only ramps up for gaming as I have modded my bios in my vid card to ramp the fan up starting at 35c and maxing my fan at 55c.
    I can however make a video I guess...:? I have a really cheep camera also free :winky: (It was broken)

Two of my videos I currently have on youtube are in my sig.

DREAD_XI on
  • Options
    RohanRohan Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Yet another change to my setup... and hopefully the last for a good while. Added another desk to hold my brother's pc (which until now was sitting in the living room) and the C128. Tower had to be put up on my desk because of the lack of space.

DSCF3250.jpg

Rohan on
    ...and I thought of how all those people died, and what a good death that is. That nobody can blame you for it, because everyone else died along with you, and it is the fault of none, save those who did the killing.

Nothing's forgotten, nothing is ever forgotten
  • Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Rohan wrote: »
    Yet another change to my setup... and hopefully the last for a good while. Added another desk to hold my brother's pc (which until now was sitting in the living room) and the C128. Tower had to be put up on my desk because of the lack of space.

DSCF3250.jpg

NEEDS MOAR COMPUTARS!!!

Stormwatcher on
    Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited December 2009

DSCF3250.jpg

NEEDS MOAR COMPUTARS!!!

Nice Setup! My brothers comp just infiltrated my room as well.

DREAD_XI on
  • Options
    RohanRohan Registered User regular
    edited December 2009

DSCF3250.jpg

NEEDS MOAR COMPUTARS!!!

I know, right? In this small apartment, there are five desktops (three gaming pc's, one rendering pc, one media pc) and two laptops, and the Commodore system. That's eight computers. On weekends two or three friends call down with their laptops for some lan gaming goodness, bringing the number up to ten or eleven. Then, every few months, we gather several people for a night and a day of more lan goodness, and with everyone accounted for, that adds yet another two desktops.

It's a lil' bit crazy alright.
    Nice Setup! My brothers comp just infiltrated my room as well.

Cheers! My brother has no space at home and doesn't play games often, and he has a laptop anyway, so it's more often used by other people. There's another account called LAN User specifically for this, and to sidestep all the bitching caused by people changing the controls in games, I've even had to add another hard drive to it and copy all the games folders to that.

Rohan on
    ...and I thought of how all those people died, and what a good death that is. That nobody can blame you for it, because everyone else died along with you, and it is the fault of none, save those who did the killing.

Nothing's forgotten, nothing is ever forgotten