As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Can you tell if someone is lying?

• potatoepotatoe Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Family members don't count!

okay then 2 years behind

potatoe on
  • ScopsScops Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Yeah, the octopi one was false, you got me. It was based on truth though, I know of someone who's had an octopus wrap around their face. Kind of a lame lie though.

Ok, here's a quick one; I once got out of class by getting myself sent to the sick bay after claiming I had stigmata.
    Yeah, I'm going against my own rule

Scops on
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    i once got out of class by telling the school nurse i wanted to go smoke pot in the park with the junior class bicycle

mrpaku on
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Scops wrote: »
    I once got out of class by getting myself sent to the sick bay after claiming I had stigmata.

I call bullshit.
    Unless the teacher doesn't know what Stigmata is and therefore didn't check your hands, and if this is the case you probably could have gotten out of class by saying your water just broke.

#pipe on
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I got out of work one time by saying my water broke.

It doesn't really count though because my boss was also one of my best friends and he had been out drinking with me the night before.

His response was "Fine, if you're not going in, neither am I. But you have to call everyone else to let them know not to show up".
    I didn't call anyone, I just went back to sleep.

HappylilElf on
    edited April 2007
    so you were drinking while you were pregnant?

mrpaku on
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    My sister in law smoked while she was pregnant.

The other night I had a dream where my nephew had down syndrome because she smoked.

He doesn't though.
    He's poifect

#pipe on
    edited April 2007
    mrpaku wrote: »
    so you were drinking while you were pregnant?

No, because that would be really dumb.

Also, I'm a guy.

If I were pregnant not drinking would be the least of my worries.

HappylilElf on
  • Gorilla SaladGorilla Salad Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    So, is TFS a guy or girl?

Gorilla Salad on
    edited April 2007
    #pipe wrote: »
    My sister in law smoked while she was pregnant.

The other night I had a dream where my nephew had down syndrome because she smoked.

He doesn't though.
    He's poifect

my mom smoked pot while she was pregnant and my brain is like 1.5 average size

mrpaku on
    edited April 2007
    Senor Fish wrote: »
    So, is TFS a guy or girl?

I have no idea.

I'm also not really sure I want to know.

HappylilElf on
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] regular
    edited April 2007
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

[Deleted User] on
  • World as MythWorld as Myth a breezy way to annoy serious people Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    TFS, this is sort of a personal question, but what has led you to believe that you are actually a girl? I'm not going all Dynagrip on you or anything, I'm genuinely really curious what the signs were that led you to this point.

World as Myth on
    kQwcZLJ.png
  • SamiSami Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    You were the same way before your surgery WaM, I don't know why you're having a hard time with this concept.

Sami on
    edited April 2007

[Deleted User] on
  • tuggatugga Makin' movies Makin' songsRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    you see

My girlfriend's name is Sami, and she is clearly a girl

And Sami the SE++'er is a man, but i think he's from a different country than me

tugga on
    edited April 2007
    TFS makes good av/sig combos

<3!

tugga on
    edited April 2007
    tfs i fully support you in your endeavor

but god the switch is gonna take so many painkillers, dude

mrpaku on
    edited April 2007
    tugga06 wrote: »
    you see

And Sami the SE++'er is a man, but i think he's from a different country than me

I'm from Amurikkka, but the name is Arabic. My father's name is Jamal, and his father's name was Samih, whose father's name was Jamal, and so on and so on.

Unless I marry a black girl, I'll be the first in like 20 generations to break the cycle of first born son's and their names :|

My name is Sami because it sounds the most American. I was this close to being named Basaam.

Sami on
  • World as MythWorld as Myth a breezy way to annoy serious people Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Best way to describe it is:

Waking up every single day feeling wrong in your own skin, I've seriously felt this way (as early as I can remember) since I was 6. The feeling got worse and worse and worse in my early teenage years, and it came to a head in February, and then I broke down and finally told friends of mine how I felt, and I'll be damned if that didn't make me feel better
    That's very cool, kid, I hope it goes smooth like butter. <3

t Sami - Are you on the WaM's-a-drag-queen train too? gosh darn it

World as Myth on
    kQwcZLJ.png
    edited April 2007
    sami just marry a black girl, dude

mrpaku on
    edited April 2007
    Sami wrote: »
    you see

I'm from Amurikkka, but the name is Arabic. My father's name is Jamal, and his father's name was Samih, whose father's name was Jamal, and so on and so on.

Unless I marry a black girl, I'll be the first in like 20 generations to break the cycle of first born son's and their names :|

My name is Sami because it sounds the most American. I was this close to being named Basaam.

hers is short for samantha

tugga on
    edited April 2007

[Deleted User] on
    edited April 2007
    Best way to describe it is:

Waking up every single day feeling wrong in your own skin, I've seriously felt this way (as early as I can remember) since I was 6. The feeling got worse and worse and worse in my early teenage years, and it came to a head in February, and then I broke down and finally told friends of mine how I felt, and I'll be damned if that didn't make me feel better
    That's very cool, kid, I hope it goes smooth like butter. <3

t Sami - Are you on the WaM's-a-drag-queen train too? gosh darn it

Baby I STARTED that train

Sami on
    edited April 2007
    TFS I HAVE ALL THE HUGS FOR YOU

tugga on
    edited April 2007
    I feel kind of bad for telling you that, WaM :(

the drag queen thing I mean

what, that naporeon thinks I am a tranny

don't feel bad

World as Myth on
    kQwcZLJ.png
    edited April 2007

Man you don't know how desperately I'm hoping for that to happen. Jungle fever all up ins.

but seriously. Basaam?

Sami on
  • bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    but seriously. Basaam?

change the s to a z. Bazaam! great name

bsjezz on
    sC4Q4nq.jpg
    edited April 2007
    Basaam could be a cool name and all. Not when you look like Whitey McGeeOCallahanSmith

Sami on
    edited April 2007

Man you don't know how desperately I'm hoping for that to happen. Jungle fever all up ins.

but seriously. Basaam?

no one will fuck with your child for fear of reprisal

mrpaku on
    edited April 2007

but seriously. Basaam?

no one will fuck with your child for fear of reprisal

nah if my name were Basaam I'd be posting from Guantanamo

Sami on
    edited April 2007

[Deleted User] on
    edited April 2007
    TFS

WHY YOU DONT RETURN MY HUGS

WHYYYY!?!?!

tugga on
  • Carol VordermanCarol Vorderman Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    you see

Oh yeah

I got pretty damned close to being named Saddam

Beat that

Carol Vorderman on
    lincolnhi9lg8.gif
    edited April 2007

[Deleted User] on
  • ScopsScops Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Scops wrote: »
    I once got out of class by getting myself sent to the sick bay after claiming I had stigmata.

I call bullshit.
    Unless the teacher doesn't know what Stigmata is and therefore didn't check your hands, and if this is the case you probably could have gotten out of class by saying your water just broke.

You hit the nail on the head right there. The teacher could barely control the class, and had her head in the clouds pretty much the whole time. Thankfully she was a substitute.

So yeah, it's true.

Scops on
  • AnimalplanetAnimalplanet Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    One time me and my buddies got drunk. Then my friend proceeded to drive me and my other friend home. I reminded him of the time he drove up on someones lawn while intoxicated so he decided to do it again at that very moment because all he heard was "drive on...someone's lawn." So there we are driving up on someone's lawn and around a telephone pole. Then when we drop the guy off he drives up on his lawn and proceeds to peel out in his lawn creating a huge divot. After that he wishes to drive over someone's mailbox deeming it appropriate because "Fuck mailboxes dude." I tell him this is a bad idea and he for some reason actually listens to reason...damn this was an awesome night.

Animalplanet on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2007
    d_b wrote: »
    you see

Oh yeah

Beat that

If his Dad had had his way, my buddy would have been called Zelmo.
    When we joked to his dad about it, he was still convinced it would be a rad name for a boy, and even seriously suggested it for a name when his grandson was born.

"Think about it" he said "his friends could call him Zel! or, you know, Mo! It'd be awesome"

#pipe on
  • SzechuanosaurusSzechuanosaurus Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2007
    I grew up on a farm.

Szechuanosaurus on
  • bentbent Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    d_b wrote: »
    you see

Oh yeah

Beat that

If his Dad had had his way, my buddy would have been called Zelmo.
    When we joked to his dad about it, he was still convinced it would be a rad name for a boy, and even seriously suggested it for a name when his grandson was born.

"Think about it" he said "his friends could call him Zel! or, you know, Mo! It'd be awesome"

My dad wanted to call me Pedwar. It's Welsh for four. He's not even from Wales :|

bent on
    sig1.png