As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Goddamn Batman Would Have Words With The Both Of You [NSF56K]

• KVWKVW Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    It is very...big.

KVW on
  • TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I liked that. Alan Davis art is always the best art. Accept no slow substitutes!

The British are always debbie-downers though.

TexiKen on
  • DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2009
    20 years of working out for one night and fucking it up. Ouch.

DarkWarrior on
  • darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Damn, I just spent the last few hours going through this thread.

darkmayo on
    Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    You'd think with all that other preparation he would've thought to include a little body armor. I do however completely endorse the uttering of a weak 'I say, steady on.' after being riddled with bullets.

Gabriel_Pitt on
  • CyberJackalCyberJackal Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    CyberJackal on
  • Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Cade Skywalker

Jedi asshole
    swleg43p3.jpg

Bloods End on
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    emnmnme on
    edited December 2009
    All the Batman talk made me decide to showcase the first appearance of the Joker, continuity-wise. Just the right amount of funny and creepy.

From the excellent Batman: The Man Who Laughs, Brubaker's best Batman story with bonus Doug Mahnke art:

bmwla.jpg

bmwlb.jpg

bmwlc.jpg

bmwld.jpg

TexiKen on
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Does that gas actually kill you or just fuck you up horribly? I never know.

Solar on
    edited December 2009
    It kills you if you don't fix it in time. And is that "Oh what the hell I'll say it anyway" an homage to Return of the Joker or the other way round?

DarkWarrior on
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    The Joker Gas was the freakiest thing when I was a young kid watching the animated series.

Centipede Damascus on
  • delphinusdelphinus Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    yeah, that shit was scary. If Batman wasn't around to give you the anti-toxin, you were seriously fucked.

It wasnt until the mask of the phantasm did they actually show that the hospitals carried sedatives and anti toxins and they were still shitty versions of the bat-hypospray bat's had in the later episodes.

delphinus on
  • DeaderinredDeaderinred Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    ah The Man Who Laughs! good book, i recently bought the "origins" style books and read through them, year one, the man who laughs, the long halloween, i think dark victory is next on my list when i get paid but im not sure since i never liked robin too much.

Deaderinred on
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Dark Victory doesn't focus too heavily on Robin. It's mostly just a continuation of the Long Halloween storyline.

Robos A Go Go on
    edited December 2009
    oh excellent, going to pick up a copy pronto then.

Deaderinred on
  • LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Anyone have a scan available of the scene from the Civil War Spider-Man in which Parker webs the shit out of Tony? That was a pretty cool scene and on top of that I want to show it to someone.

Lucascraft on
  • ServoServo Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2009
    heh, you mean the one where he "empties himself" into tony?

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
    edited December 2009
    Yeah that one.

Lucascraft on
    edited December 2009
    Wasn't that in OMD?

TexiKen on
    edited December 2009
    I seem to recall it happening either in Civil War or else in the Back In Black arc. It was definitely before OMD. I have the issue, I just don't have a scanner. It was after Parker switched sides to help Cap. He and Tony had a run-in, I think down in some sewers.

Lucascraft on
    edited December 2009
    There was something similar in the first issue of OMD where he goes and whines to Tony about how Aunt May is dying and it's Tony's fault because he has money and won't help out (lulz if only there was a public option m i rite?), and then webs him up completely.

TexiKen on
    edited December 2009
    Just dug out my Spider-Man issues to find it and it actually was in the One More Day arc. For some reason I was thinking it happened earlier in the story than it did. It was in the first issue of that arc, Spider-Man #544. It was also previewed in the Free Comic Book Day issue from 2007 which is probably why I was remembering it as being much earlier than it actually was. The FCBD issue was like in May or June, and the OMD didn't actually start till August. That's why my timeline was off.

Lucascraft on
  • NogsNogs Crap, crap, mega crap. Crap, crap, mega crap.Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    its okay

its okay if you dont know exactly to the week what issue of spider-man came out two years ago.

its

okay

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
    PARKER, YOU'RE FIRED! <-- My comic book podcast! Satan look here!
    edited December 2009
    I looked it up with the hopes that someone would post a scan if I could tell them what issue it was in :P

Lucascraft on
  • HenslerHensler Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    I looked it up with the hopes that someone would post a scan if I could tell them what issue it was in :P
    0012mw.jpg
    0013n.jpg
    0014o.jpg

Hensler on
    edited December 2009
    Beam didn't even damage his clothes. Iron Man didn't empty everything he had on Parker.

Also

"Ever since my webbing went internal I wondered what would happen if I let fly a nd didn't hold anything back"

You run out.
    Wow.

DarkWarrior on
    edited December 2009
    when did it go internal? im guessing around the time the movie game out or something? i havent followed much of modern day spiderman.

Deaderinred on
    edited December 2009
    I'm not 100% certain, but I think it's extremis technology. The same thing that internalized the Iron Man armor in Tony for a while. I think it was part of the Iron Spider thing. I only collected Spider-Man for a very short period of time. I started during Civil War and I stopped when OMD got going. The issue where he unloads on Tony is actually the last ASM issue I bought.

Lucascraft on
  • AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    No, the webbing went natural because he got weird-ass mystical spider powers. He also got stingers from his wrists for when he fought certain magical beings, and his spider-sense changed. That all got retconned away after OMD.

Antimatter on
  • McClyMcCly Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Antimatter wrote: »
    No, the webbing went natural because he got weird-ass mystical spider powers. He also got stingers from his wrists for when he fought certain magical beings, and his spider-sense changed. That all got retconned away after OMD.

What was the series called when he died, made a cocoon, and came back to life with all those ridiculous powers? "The Other" or something, right?

McCly on
    kbellchewiesig.jpg
    edited December 2009
    McCly wrote: »

What was the series called when he died, made a cocoon, and came back to life with all those ridiculous powers? "The Other" or something, right?

yes indeedy
    and they weren't completely rid oh who am I kidding
    I didn't hate the powers, I could have tolerated it if they stayed around longer

Antimatter on
  • ThaneThane Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    It happened in "The Other" storyline, where Spiderman became aligned with his totem animal or whatever, and grew stingers that popped out of his wrists and internal webbing that didn't come out his butt.

edit: stuff happened while i was writing

Thane on
    286v37l.jpg
  • McClyMcCly Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    McCly wrote: »

yes indeedy
    and they weren't completely rid oh who am I kidding
    I didn't hate the powers, I could have tolerated it if they stayed around longer

The Spider-telepathy was kind of cool.

but i guess it was too much like Daredevil's power.

McCly on
    kbellchewiesig.jpg
  • SalmonOfDoubtSalmonOfDoubt Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    So does Peter have pretty much no internal organs and his entire body is just one big web fluid reservoir or what? Maybe it's just really compressed and stored under crazy high pressure and if you poke him with a needle in the right spot he'll explode like a really sticky waterballon.

Because that is a really ridiculous amount of stuff to come out of a human body.

SalmonOfDoubt on
    heavensidesig80.jpg
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    killing children would be hilarious
    Olivaw wrote: »
    HELLO AND WELCOME TO THE PENNY ARCADE FORUMS

PLEASE ENJOY YOUR STAY

AND THIS PENIS
    Man, I don't want to read about this lady's broken vagina.
    NotACrook wrote: »
    I am sitting here trying to come up with a tiered system for rating child molesters.
    cock vore is fuckin hilarious
    edited December 2009
    I think he had to eat a lot to maintain the webbing or something

Antimatter on
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I thought the webbing was magic.

Robos A Go Go on
  • FaynorFaynor Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Who cares? Honestly.

Faynor on
    do you wanna see me eat a hotdog
  • jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    The organic webbing clearly comes from a webfluid dimension, just like Cyclops' eye blast energy comes from an eye blast energy dimension.

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
  • durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Beam didn't even damage his clothes. Iron Man didn't empty everything he had on Parker.

Also

"Ever since my webbing went internal I wondered what would happen if I let fly a nd didn't hold anything back"

You run out.
    Wow.

Hey guess what

You are a chicken butt

durandal4532 on
    Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
This discussion has been closed.