As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Where did the forums go?

124»

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    UEAKCrash wrote: »
    Can't play TF2 anymore for some reason?

You can play it, you just can't start a thread talking about it.

didnt you start said thread in tubes circus though

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Raynaga wrote: »
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    I just think its amusing that despite the effort to meld forums together, what really ends up happening is the entire forum becomes SE++ for the duration of the holiday period. I like it because it gives people who don't normally post in the forum a chance to see that it isn't all bad, but for example if you look in the hanukkah forum right now i would say 90% of the threads there have a distinctly SE++ flavour to them.

I think that has to do with SE++ posters liking the "Lets have random holiday hijinks" while everyone else just stops posting until the randomness is once again self-contained.

yeah, this

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Well, yeah, I could see how everyone would complain about not being able to talk about the things they normally do, because YHWH knows there aren't any Jews in the movie or recording industries.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I reckon it'd be fun if some mods start enforcing the rule that people write G-d because that is what good Jews do

but I'm pretty sure I'd slip up somewhere

Vivixenne on
    XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    UEAKCrash wrote: »
    Can't play TF2 anymore for some reason?

You can play it, you just can't start a thread talking about it.

didnt you start said thread in tubes circus though

I'm talking about the ones in the holiday forum made by other people. (Which, honestly, were probably locked because my incorrectly placed thread pushed Tubes' opinion of the thread from "barely tolerable" to "screw 'em")

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    If I was Jewish, would everything I posted be okay?

I also miss H/A in times like these.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    anyprophetanyprophet Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    The forum is still being run by a bunch of ego driven shit heads. You either suck tube's dick or else. Big fucking surprise.

anyprophet on
  • Options
    chuck steakchuck steak Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    So, who's providing the Festivus Pole?

I would put mine up, but it is in the shop.

Hopefully I'll have it back soon. I have many grievances to air.

chuck steak on
  • Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    So, who's providing the Festivus Pole?

I would put mine up, but it is in the shop.

Hopefully I'll have it back soon. I have many grievances to air.

Heh, I'll be spending next Chri- er, Hanukkah overseas and I fully plan to celebrate Festivus in lieu of Chr- Hanukkah.

Last time I was overseas I celebrated Kwanzaa instead. Though my buddy and I didn't really know how to celebrate it, so we just winged it. It was the best Kwanzaa ever!

Axen on
    A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Dyscord wrote: »
    how interested would you be in participating if the entire forum turned into D&D during holidays?

the irony of this not being a legitimate comparison is pretty funny

L|ama on
  • Options
    AsiriyaAsiriya Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Sooo, are you just applying some kind of festive skin to the site or are we unable to post till the new year?

Asiriya on
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    you post in the hannukah forum.

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    BorysBorys Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Can't find the tuftoo thread talking about Soldier update. Do I suck or what?

Ahh it's a PA tradition. Fine. I'll wait it over :smug

Borys on
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Scroll up.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    PaperPrittPaperPritt Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    ITT: Internet Rage about forums not being there for some days.

I think there is a rule somewhere that says that the internet constantly proves itself right about certain things.

One of those things being that people will gripe about the least important things with the greatest strengh ? Or did i phrase that wrong?

PaperPritt on
  • Options
    CyvrosCyvros Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Sounds about right. I've heard something similar, at least.

A friend who just registered here two days ago alerted me to the fact that there were only three forums. When I saw the Hanukkah Forum, I thought, "Ah well, a few days off the forums while they do the holiday thing will do me some good."

Then I started going through the threads and posting.

Then I realised how wrong I was.

Goddammit, I can never leave this place.

Cyvros on
  • Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Remember when they celebrated the pagan holiday "500 Internal Server Error"?
    Good times.

agoaj on
    ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I just think its amusing that despite the effort to meld forums together, what really ends up happening is the entire forum becomes SE++ for the duration of the holiday period. I like it because it gives people who don't normally post in the forum a chance to see that it isn't all bad, but for example if you look in the hanukkah forum right now i would say 90% of the threads there have a distinctly SE++ flavour to them.

I think that has to do with SE++ posters liking the "Lets have random holiday hijinks" while everyone else just stops posting until the randomness is once again self-contained.

I really think this is it. SE++ posters adapt to madness better, because most of them are quite insane to begin with.

UnbrokenEva on
  • Options
    NotASenatorNotASenator Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Literally everything I do in life is engineered specifically to ruin the TF2 updates.

And yet somehow I have still managed to enjoy the updates.

How is this possible?

NotASenator on
  • Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Fearghaill wrote: »

I really think this is it. SE++ posters adapt to madness better, because most of them are quite insane to begin with.
    I'll wear you like a glove, Fearghaill, I'll wear you like a glove.

Platy on
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    :winky:

UnbrokenEva on
  • Options
    belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    On one hand, I can understand how much fun and how funny creating a holiday forum switch can be. It's unique in my experience and, since I'm Jewish, it's interesting to see how everyone responds to the holiday.

On the other, I can understand why people are bitching about their forum pages being gone. When I joined up--admittedly a short time ago compared to some here--I was amazed at the community that had sprouted up around P.A. It's funny to see all the gamers and sundry who come together and play together because of the link of Penny Arcade. Almost a family in a sense, it becomes jarring to see that "taken away" by what seems to be a random event.

People will argue that anyone who can't handle this event need a reality check. I'd come back with the notion that in this day and age, you can't undervalue the gravity or benefits of "virtual relationships." Just because it isn't face to face doesn't mean it isn't real. I've exchanged presents with people on the board, gotten criticisms and praise from these people. Am I being ridiculous? Probably, but not any less valid.

I'm not arguing to go back to our regularly scheduled broadcast. I'm merely trying to see both sides of this argument and hoping to invoke Wheaton's Law about the whole thing. Merry Holidays, everyone.

belligerent on
  • Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Let's be honest here. While i can respect the Jewish Holiday, denying people from posting what they want to instead of just adding a new forum for the holiday seems rather self-defeating in the spirit of the holiday.

Also, your making us actually work at work instead of reading forums and posting. Damn You. :)

azith28 on
    Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Munkus is such a bad mod.

i am being unjewish like a pig eating lobster wrapped in bacon and he still hasn´t infracted me.

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    As fun as the whole Jewish shtick is for a day or two, any longer than that and it just wears thin.

You can only laugh at "Call of Jewty" for so long.

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    HooverFan wrote: »
    If you think being a Jew is oppressive, try being Native-American... just another trail of tears by the man!

One of the only people I know of with Indian ancestry married a black guy from the Orlando Magic. The level of oppression they must feel while they bathe in millions of dollars must be soul-crushing.

I'll ask my buddy Chief Tumbling Dice and Brave Blackjack.

/i feel ashamed

Bigity on
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited December 2009
    Dyscord wrote: »
    how interested would you be in participating if the entire forum turned into D&D during holidays?

That's a lot closer to what this is than what you are suggesting. See the rules thread.

Tube on
  • Options
    Vladimir7Vladimir7 Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    i guess I just don't understand how not being able to post in any of the interesting forums is considered "fun".
    I could maybe understand 1 day as a funny joke.. 2 would be pushing it..

Vladimir7 on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Thanatos wrote: »
    Well, yeah, I could see how everyone would complain about not being able to talk about the things they normally do, because YHWH knows there aren't any Jews in the movie or recording industries.

Besides which, no one ever said that everything had to be about Hanukkah. There are plenty of non judaism related threads.

Tube on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Vladimir7 wrote: »
    i guess I just don't understand how not being able to post in any of the interesting forums is considered "fun".
    I could maybe understand 1 day as a funny joke.. 2 would be pushing it..

So go and do something else for a few days.

Tube on
  • Options
    KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Like I said,as long as it doesn't go on too long,this is a fun romp and should remain tradition. But more than 3 days definitely pushes it. In my opinion.

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Here is my final word on the matter: if you are not having fun, that is a shame but I am not sorry. A lot of people are having fun, and the fact that you are not is your own problem. I am not overly concerned with the fact that a few people predisposed towards a sense of entitlement have to spend a few days saying Humbug while the vast majority of people have fun. This is especially true given how stunningly rude and petulant most of the complainers have been.

Tube on
This discussion has been closed.