As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Goddamn Batman Would Have Words With The Both Of You [NSF56K]

1565758596062»

• Options
    McClyMcCly Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Batgirl and Detective are the best Bat-Books out now.

Streets of Gotham is up there, too.

McCly on
    kbellchewiesig.jpg
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited December 2009
    ah The Man Who Laughs! good book, i recently bought the "origins" style books and read through them, year one, the man who laughs, the long halloween, i think dark victory is next on my list when i get paid but im not sure since i never liked robin too much.

Robin is 100% too cool and you should read Robin: Year One (and Nightwing: Y1 and Batgirl: Y1 and Green Arrow: Y1)

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited December 2009
    McCly wrote: »
    Batgirl and Detective are the best Bat-Books out now.

Streets of Gotham is up there, too.

I feel like Azrael could be good if it had a different artist?

But I don't remember the last two issues and I stopped reading this week's like three pages in because the art just bothers me so much.

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    basically I'm just saying it could be good because I like Fabian Nicieza's Robin

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Spider-Man got internal webbing during Spider-Man: Disassembled which was before The Other

And was much more stupid. He turned into a giant goddamned Spider! But Mary Jane made him go to a wedding anyway!

And yes, it was a "match up with the movie universe" deal

Ringo on
    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Ringo wrote: »
    And was much more stupid. He turned into a giant goddamned Spider! But Mary Jane made him go to a wedding anyway!

The way you've phrased this makes me imagine Mary Jane sitting next to a giant spider, who's wearing a tuxedo and checking his watch every few minutes.

Munch on
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Munch wrote: »

The way you've phrased this makes me imagine Mary Jane sitting next to a giant spider, who's wearing a tuxedo and checking his watch every few minutes.

He had eight wristwatches!

emnmnme on
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    emnmnme wrote: »

He had eight wristwatches!

And none of them had the right time!

see317 on
  • Options
    Desktop HippieDesktop Hippie Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I had absolutely no problem with Peter's biology shifting to become more spider-ish. My only problem was that the stories that gave rise to it were stupid. I still think reversing the decision was really poor, but I've already voiced my anti-one-more-day rants.

Okay, I have a request - does anyone have scans of a spider-man christmas story where he visits Uncle Ben's grave and talks to his memory of Uncle Ben? There's one page in particular that shows Aunt May reacting to some very Calvin and Hobbes snowmen that Ben and Peter have made that's just great. The whole story is pretty heartwarming. Has anyone besides me ever read it?

Desktop Hippie on
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Hippie post that page that you have your signature from, because it's something Superman should be doing more of instead of during Christmas time. Batman's a dick

TexiKen on
  • Options
    jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I had absolutely no problem with Peter's biology shifting to become more spider-ish. My only problem was that the stories that gave rise to it were stupid. I still think reversing the decision was really poor, but I've already voiced my anti-one-more-day rants.

Okay, I have a request - does anyone have scans of a spider-man christmas story where he visits Uncle Ben's grave and talks to his memory of Uncle Ben? There's one page in particular that shows Aunt May reacting to some very Calvin and Hobbes snowmen that Ben and Peter have made that's just great. The whole story is pretty heartwarming. Has anyone besides me ever read it?

I think that was during the Jenkins SPECTACULAR SPIDER-MAN run, and I think the art was by Mark Buckingham.

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options
    Desktop HippieDesktop Hippie Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    TexiKen wrote: »
    Hippie post that page that you have your signature from, because it's something Superman should be doing more of instead of during Christmas time. Batman's a dick

Man, I got this from a scan on Chris' Invincible Super Blog about two years ago I think. I don't have the original scan any more. I'll see if I can find the post.

EDIT: Found it!

Desktop Hippie on
  • Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    it was on scans daily last week so it should be easily found by the more enterprising individual

mts on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    So people are getting up in Jim Lee's grill, and that's totally whack.

This is the best splash page in the history of the X-Men:
    uxm272a.jpg

And for something else:

uxm272c-1.jpg

Jubilee, he's gay. You should have seen it coming 20 years ago.

Also, what happens when we hit 100 pages? Does we have to fight the devil to get the timeclock replaced? This is no ordinary thread, it's the GD Batman thread!

TexiKen on
  • Options
    jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    All-Star Goddamn Batman for the next thread?

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    No, it should be the Mark Bagley awesome appreciation thread!

And more Jim Lee art, with his writing (or at least plot, Lobdell scripted)! Morrison has nothing on him! Also, bewbs.
    xm8a.jpg

xm8b.jpg

xm8c.jpg

xm8d.jpg

xm8e.jpg

TexiKen on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Gambit charged a pie. Now I've seen everything. I've got a request for this thread or the next - Superman visits Bizarro world after One Year Later and I was wondering if anyone had a scan of the last page. It am mole, it am submarine - It Am Bizarro!

emnmnme on
  • Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Ahahaha

"You're wasting your massive lungs"

I have to start saying that.

durandal4532 on
    Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Jean shoots Cyke with a pain bolt for looking at another woman. If you Jean looked at another dude would he be allowed to slap across the back of the head then?

Solar on
  • Options
    CadeCade Eppur si muove.Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Oh come on now, it's not like she'd ever look at another man. I mean could you imagine if she ever looked at Wolverine.

Cade on
  • Options
    John the SkrullJohn the Skrull Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    So, the crotch of psylocke's swimsuit is a pikachu. Jesus, that panel is everything any kid of the 90's ever wanted.

John the Skrull on
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Ugh, 90s comics.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    kdrudykdrudy Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Solar wrote: »
    Jean shoots Cyke with a pain bolt for looking at another woman. If you Jean looked at another dude would he be allowed to slap across the back of the head then?

To be fair he wasn't so much looking as ravaging her with his eyes

kdrudy on
    tvsfrank.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    I'd rather look at purple haired ninja instead of talking about an old bald guy too.

And Jean isn't helping out by not getting wet herself. Prude, it's shameful.

TexiKen on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    And hey, a day off for me means more scans of Wolverine getting shot in the nuts!

From the best two issues of MK Punisher, and possibly Ennis' entire Punisher run:

p16a.jpg

p16b.jpg

p16c.jpg

p17a.jpg

p17b.jpg

p17c.jpg

p17d.jpg

p17e.jpg

p17f.jpg

I think Ennis has Wolverine say "The ol' Canucklehead" about 12 times between the two issues.

TexiKen on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Man, that scene is everything I hate about Ennis's Punisher. I guess it got better, but Ennis's Punisher stuff never appealed to me. I didn't get the black humor or whatever, and his "Itchy and Scratchy" treatment of Wolverine was obnoxious. Not quite as awful as how he wrote Daredevil or Spiderman, but it was... not to my liking.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Yeah, looking at that scan, its way too slap-sticky for my liking. Its like the Three Stooges of comic scenes.

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    So, the crotch of psylocke's swimsuit is a pikachu. Jesus, that panel is everything any kid of the 90's ever wanted.

God damnit, now I can't unsee it.

see317 on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    Yeah, looking at that scan, its way too slap-sticky for my liking. Its like the Three Stooges of comic scenes.

The Three Stooges were funny. That's insulting.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Can Ennis write a comic (or... an issue) without someone getting their genitals destroyed?

KalTorak on
  • Options
    HenslerHensler Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    KalTorak wrote: »
    Can Ennis write a comic (or... an issue) without someone getting their genitals destroyed?

Yes.

Hensler on
  • Options
    MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Wasn't that the arc where Wolverine said something to the effect of, "Come get your kicks on route snikty-snikt?"

Munch on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Yeah, every bad Wolverine pun was in it.

Add to it Wolverine and Punisher fighting midgets, it's gold Jerry, gold!

TexiKen on
  • Options
    ServoServo Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2009
    Wasn't that the arc where Wolverine said something to the effect of, "Come get your kicks on route snikty-snikt?"

my favorite part was when wolverine is quipping during the barfight, then finds the secret tunnel to wherever the evil midgets are hiding, then stalks off down this tunnel, still quipping and you realize that he's just yabbering away to nobody at all.

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2009

That is too terrible....

*head explodes*

emnmnme on
  • Options
    NogsNogs Crap, crap, mega crap. Crap, crap, mega crap.Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    oh shiiiit 100 pages

i am internet famous or something now, right?

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
    PARKER, YOU'RE FIRED! <-- My comic book podcast! Satan look here!
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Start up another one, yo. With Mini Marvels.

And Pet Avengers.

And Jim Lee X-Men.

TexiKen on
  • Options
    NogsNogs Crap, crap, mega crap. Crap, crap, mega crap.Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    no...

no, i think it is time i passed the torch

my time here is done

*fade to black*

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
    PARKER, YOU'RE FIRED! <-- My comic book podcast! Satan look here!
  • Options
    ServoServo Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2009
    it's a motherfuckin' christmas miracle

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
This discussion has been closed.