As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WoW] Clawshrimp and Co: Under New Management (PA ALLY PvE Guild)

Saint JusticeSaint Justice MercenaryMah-vel Baybee!!!Registered User regular
edited April 2010 in MMO Extravaganza
This is the official "Clawshrimp and Company" communication and recruitment thread!

For more info, you can check out our website/forums at http://clawshrimpandco.guildomatic.com

As I'm sure both active and non-active WoW players are aware, patch 3.3 just dropped (fall of the lich king) and has added new dungeons, new acheivements, tweaks, fixes, and a brand new dungeon finder that makes running dungeons, both heroic and regular, a breeze. It finds the remaining players needed for you, accounts for what roles are needed, and even teleports you to where you started after you are done with the dungeon. Using the tool provides additional rewards in the form of frost badges, triumph badges, and gold bonuses. Best of all, no more sifting through horrific trade chat! There's also the tiny matter of t10 armor sets!

Clawshrimp & Co is still going strong and continuing to kick ass even in this hectic holiday season. It's time to loose the fury of the Clawshrimp in Icecrown Citadel and we want all able-bodied adventurers to join in the glory!

Many might be reading this and wonder if Clawshrimp & Co is right for them, so here's some bullet points:

- CLAWSHRIMP & CO is a U.S. BASED ALLIANCE GUILD on the DRAENOR REALM.

- There are no level, race, or class restrictions. All are welcome! That being said, most scheduled guild activites are either Raids, Classic Raids (Vanilla,BC), or WotLK Heroic runs. The vast majority of active players are lvl 80.

- C & C is a fun, funny, and friendly guild made up exclusively of PA forum members, friends of said members, and PA readers that may or may not be registered on these boards yet.

- We are a "mature" guild. This doesn't mean that "WoW = Serious Business", it just means that members treat all players with respect, tend to have lives outside of WoW (hopefully), and are generally 20+ years old. If you are under 18, you aren't discouraged from joining, just prove you can follow the cardinal rule: DON'T BE AN ASSHAT.

- C & C has been around since December 2008 and has 5 bank tabs.

Finally, this is the guild that can provide something for everyone. Being a PvE realm, our members are free to do as much or as little PvP as they want and don't have to worry about being ganked. That being said, the focus of this guild is PvE content. Whether it's leveling, questing, running instances/heroics/raids, exploring, helping others, whoring out achievements or just drinking virtual (and often real) ale and shooting the shit, there's always something fun to do. However, PvP is always fun too and I think some guild battleground groups would be fun!

All current members post your main char's name/lvl/race (and alts if u like) and I will add you to the new active player list!

For anyone who needs an invite, make sure you join the /PA channel and ask for one. Celic, Arlenth, Zilcoe (and his similarily named alts) are among those who can send invites.

FOR THE CLAW!!!

Some people play tennis, I erode the human soul. ~ Tycho
Saint Justice on

• Options
    SightTDWSightTDW Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    How have things been holding up? Just got through my exams, so once I get some holiday preparations out of the way I'll be all set to hop on into some of that 3.3 goodness. I don't see myself resubbing in the next 12 hours, so good luck in Naxx.

SightTDW on
    Live - SightTDW | PSN - SightTDW | Nintendo Network - Wildschwein | 3DS - 1934-0834-9797
    Steam - Wildschwein | The Backlog
    Grappling Hook Showdown - Tumblr
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    So I had intended to play a bit more this weekend and possibly raid with you guys if you were going to do it and had room, but unfortunately AT&T apparently hates me and won't be by to repair our phone line until tomorrow. It's been like this for a few days. Ugh.

I look forward to seeing some of the new content in the future. I'd also like to get that damn spell power trinket in regular ToC...although perhaps there is something better in one of the new areas.

SteevL on
  • Options
    KreutzKreutz Blackwater Park, IARegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I'm gonna have to miss the raid tonight, got a final at 7:30 in the morning tomorrow and a commute to boot. Last final's on Wednesday so after that you guys will be seeing more of me.

EDIT: Vanzur is my main. Level 80 Resto Healbitch.

Kreutz on
  • Options
    DarhgoDarhgo Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    just as an idle question, did someone get the EOE key from wild before he unsubbed, or did someone else get one?

should be back up tomorrow morning, CC woes have been resolved.

Darhgo on
    Arlenth - Priest (80)
    Arlenthor - Paladin (6 Primary Alt)
    Binwin - Hunter (19 Twink)
    Arleah - Bank Alt (1)
    Server: Draenor, Guild: Clawshrimp & Co. Rank: Lobster
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I have the EoE key for the 10-man instance.

SabreMau on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Darhgo wrote: »
    just as an idle question, did someone get the EOE key from wild before he unsubbed, or did someone else get one?

should be back up tomorrow morning, CC woes have been resolved.

I really do feel bad about the EoE key...

SightTDW on
    Live - SightTDW | PSN - SightTDW | Nintendo Network - Wildschwein | 3DS - 1934-0834-9797
  • Options
    Saint JusticeSaint Justice Mercenary Mah-vel Baybee!!!Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    got held up w/ family stuff, be on in about 20 min.

Saint Justice on
  • Options
    28682868 Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Active player list. Me. (Fantasma, Crowmouth, Bootlicker.) I'll be straight up 80 in no time with the mage. Who, I guess you can call my main, cause I like it the best.

2868 on
    Warhams. Allatime warhams.

buy warhams
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    I think I actually have the 10-man EoE key too. I'd really like to beat Malygos one day.

SteevL on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    It's the one thing I'm missing for my Champion of the Frozen Wastes title, but no PUG has the patience to learn phase 3.

SabreMau on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Same, only I don't have the patience to try pugging phase 3. Nor the bank account.

Kreutz on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    That and most PUG raids lack a tank capable of moving the boss to get it out out of the path of sparks. Without two DKs to grip every spark, they don't know what to do.

SabreMau on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    i think i'm getting close to that being all i need for champ too.

good luck tonight guys! i can't wait til after jan 1 and i'm in on those sunday raids on a regular basis. :)

Darhgo on
    Arlenth - Priest (80)
    Arleah - Bank Alt (1)
  • Options
    Toxic PickleToxic Pickle Thash grape! Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Another new thread? I didn't think the last one was even close to full.

Anyhow, as many of you probably know by now, I'm back in (again). Main is Zhurai, who is yet another druid in a guild with a lot of druids, but I've been working hard on levelling my Shaman for something a little different.

I probably ought to level my Paladin, as tanks seem to be as tough to find as ever, but man after getting my Enhance Shammie to 40, it's just gotten so much more fun.

Toxic Pickle on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    SteevL wrote: »
    So I had intended to play a bit more this weekend and possibly raid with you guys if you were going to do it and had room, but unfortunately AT&T apparently hates me and won't be by to repair our phone line until tomorrow. It's been like this for a few days. Ugh.

I look forward to seeing some of the new content in the future. I'd also like to get that damn spell power trinket in regular ToC...although perhaps there is something better in one of the new areas.

The AT&T guy came by yesterday and replaced a ground cable that had become pretty degraded, which I guess explains the staticky/no-dial-tone land line and the internet disconnecting every 2 minutes problems.

I used the dungeon finder for the first time and ran regular ToC 4 times. I finally got that damn Abyssal Rune trinket, thus replacing Mendicant's Charm. I checked my statistics and it looks like I ran regular ToC 16 damn times before it dropped.

Anyway, I'll probably be on a bit more this week if only for the Winter's Veil achievements.

SteevL on
  • Options
    SF_DhalsimSF_Dhalsim Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Been super busy with making christmas presents.... gonna try and resub after jan 6 since ill be out of town for the majority of the time between now and then.

Stupid holidays

SF_Dhalsim on
    sig-1355736.jpg
    sig-1355747.jpg
    SC2: XxKhrushchev.539
  • Options
    GnutsonGnutson Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Got in a group with one of y'all in regular FoS Tuesday night.

Recogonized the tag right away.

Gnutson on
    Erai - Operative <--Imperial Double Agent--> Sniper - Eari
    SW:Tor - Tao - Kryatt Dragon Server
  • Options
    SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I think that was me, Aquillus the druid. Small world!

Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Well I just resubbed. Just gotta get things patched and get my add-ons updated.

SightTDW on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    hah that didn't take long wild. :)

Darhgo on
    Arlenth - Priest (80)
    Arleah - Bank Alt (1)
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    So I've done two random dungeons so far: Old Kingdom and Oculus.

I would not characterize my experiences with these as optimal, but I made it through them. Hopefully future runs will turn out better for me.

SteevL on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Man Steev, man. You just got the two worst possible dungeons to start out your random career. :P

I know that Old Kingdom run was pure shit. The first tank we got was terribly undergeared for it, and not too bright to boot. Then we had a string of tards come through, until finally a decent tank came along and we mopped up.

Stick with it though... many runs are just awesome and you can get badges so fast. More guild runs would be good too, but we always seem to lack a guild tank.

Toxic Pickle on
  • Options
    LeftOnRedLeftOnRed Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    You cannot beat the shit I got thrown into the other day. I got UK as my random heroic. I understand that this is one of the easiest and the gear threshold is low, but holy shit. The tank had barely 19k health (less than me), and the healer had 13k mana. Tank died within the first 8 seconds on the first pack with 3 mobs. I feigned and bailed. I haven't logged back in since then in fear of a repeat.

LeftOnRed on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Yeah I don't get why people don't just join groups as DPS until they gear up a bit and can properly tank. It makes no sense at all because without some proper defense and health, you're just going to fail and waste your own time in addition to that of people unfortunate enough to get in your group.

But the healer having 13k mana, that's inexcusable on every level. What was it, an Enhance shaman? Feral Druid?

Toxic Pickle on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    He was a resto shaman. To be fair to him though, we had no way to measure his skill because the tank died so fast my shaman in ulduar gear would have had no hope keeping him alive.

LeftOnRed on
  • Options
    planetes42planetes42 Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    did the tank forget to respec? Like, a warrior with dps/prot specs and just forgot to swap gear before tanking?

planetes42 on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Flu hit me hard, and as a result, I've been on WoW for about half of the last two days...

Well anyways, some good has come of it, so announcement time.

Charmed and Dangerous is looking to join up with us for raiding, first attempt will be shortly after New Years. We'll need a list of members interested in raiding, This is primarily for 25 mans, but also for having backups to fill slots in 10 mans. I'll make a post over on the guild forums for definitive information sometime tomorrow.

SightTDW on
  • Options
    Saint JusticeSaint Justice Mercenary Mah-vel Baybee!!!Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    sounds good, they got a website?

Saint Justice on
  • Options
    SF_DhalsimSF_Dhalsim Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    How shortly after new years? If it's during that week I won't make it, but if it's the 7th on I will. Either way this little mage is interested.

And yes I know I need to resub but christmas is kicking me in my pocketbook.

SF_Dhalsim on
    sig-1355736.jpg
    sig-1355747.jpg
    SC2: XxKhrushchev.539
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Sorry about my piss-poor performance this evening. I'm on rural internet, and the weather can really fuck with my connection sometimes. Next time I'll step out and you can get one of those pug healers I've heard so much good about.

Kreutz on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    SF_Dhalsim wrote: »
    How shortly after new years? If it's during that week I won't make it, but if it's the 7th on I will. Either way this little mage is interested.

I believe we were thinking either the 3rd or the 10th as the first raid after the new year. It's a little up in the air while we sort things out with Charmed, but if nothing else, plan on having a 10 man in something like Ulduar or ToGC on one of those two days.

LeftOnRed on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    LeftOnRed wrote: »

I believe we were thinking either the 3rd or the 10th as the first raid after the new year. It's a little up in the air while we sort things out with Charmed, but if nothing else, plan on having a 10 man in something like Ulduar or ToGC on one of those two days.
    Probably ToC instead of ToGC. The G doesn't mean raid as opposed to 5-man, it means heroic raid as opposed to normal raid.

SabreMau on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    uh guys... i *may* have had this drop today, and won it.

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=50380

it was on a H HoR disaster, we wiped like 5 times. it dropped, i won it, and everyone but the tank quit because they were mad. so, yeah.

bit of the way into the quest chain. pretty cool so far. just thought i'd share.

please don't /gkick me. :)

Darhgo on
    Arlenth - Priest (80)
    Arleah - Bank Alt (1)
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    You get a free pass, but the next person to get one had better watch out.

SightTDW on
  • Options
    DraevenDraeven Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I'm surpised that an entire raid , was alll wah quit over 1 item, that only 1 person per raid can get. Just lame.

Draeven on
    Morskitter wrote "Spikes, choppas, tentacles, magic? Can't hold a candle to Sergeant Pimp here."

• Options
    edited December 2009
    Darhgo wrote: »
    uh guys... i *may* have had this drop today, and won it.

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=50380

it was on a H HoR disaster, we wiped like 5 times. it dropped, i won it, and everyone but the tank quit because they were mad. so, yeah.

bit of the way into the quest chain. pretty cool so far. just thought i'd share.

please don't /gkick me. :)

Congrats! And just last night you were talking about how that staff you won will be the best weapon you'd get unless you got the hilt by some off chance.

SteevL on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Draeven wrote: »
    I'm surpised that an entire raid , was alll wah quit over 1 item, that only 1 person per raid can get. Just lame.

well it drops out of a 5man. but the reason is that it sells from 13-22k depending on the day. most people just want it for the gold.

i'm loving the quest storyline though. plus the mace is really cool looking.

to his credit, the tank hung in, but he was more muture than the rest of the guys.

Darhgo on
    Arlenth - Priest (80)
    Arleah - Bank Alt (1)
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    SabreMau wrote: »

Probably ToC instead of ToGC. The G doesn't mean raid as opposed to 5-man, it means heroic raid as opposed to normal raid.

Ah, thanks for clarifying. I figured if I put ToC, everyone would assume I meant the 5 man.

Also, Arlenth, I officially hate you. Nothing personal, but I've ran that place too many times without even seeing a drop to not hate anyone who gets it.

LeftOnRed on
  • Options
    SegSeg Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    SabreMau wrote: »

Ah, thanks for clarifying. I figured if I put ToC, everyone would assume I meant the 5 man.

Also, Arlenth, I officially hate you. Nothing personal, but I've ran that place too many times without even seeing a drop to not hate anyone who gets it.

I wonder why people don't call one ToCh and the other ToCr.

Seg on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    I guess everyone figured "ToC 5", "ToC 10" and "ToC 25" were more straightforward.

SabreMau on
This discussion has been closed.