As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[D&D4e Recruitment] Holiday Dungeon Delve

2»

• streeverstreever Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    oops, I meant 30th! Re-check your schedule, Primus :D

streever on
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    The 30th is my real-life D&D night. I am going to be running a holiday-themed delve that night. Sorry.

DarkPrimus on
  • FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    REG Rysk wrote: »
    Page 143 of the DMG says:
    Mundane
    equipment is much less important for higherlevel
    characters than it is when you’re starting out.
    Choose whatever standard adventuring gear you
    want from the tables in the Player’s Handbook. For
    magic items, choose one item of your level + 1, one
    item of your level, and one item of your level – 1. In
    addition, you have gold pieces equal to the value of
    one magic item of your level – 1. You can spend this
    money on rituals, potions, or other magic items, or
    save it for later.

That's what you got.

So, standard adventuer's kit, 3 magic items (one each of level 4,5, and 6) and 840g to spend on anything else?

Alright, should have every ready by Thursday the latest.

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
    edited December 2009
    foefaller, "any mundane items within reason"--so you can't have 5 glass windows encrusted with gems, but any mundane items for free.

streever on
  • The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I am very intrigued in this but I have never ever done PbP games before and it all looks latin to me. I however would love to jump in if possible. I am available but I do need to know the date so I can book it off. (Aka like 48 hours at least less can be done but that will make the chance I get it off go down..) I have no experience with those Map tools and I haven't played 4e (or DnD for that matter) for very long but I do have a very good idea how it works I might just screw up sometimes so just yell at me.

I'm throwing together hopefully some acceptable characters right now.

The character I really want to play and if I don't well save it for later!
    Evosin is just a changeling stuck in a unfamiliar world. The only life he's ever know has been moving silently from town to town changing faces entertaining just trying to make it to then next day. Never time for friends and never for enemies since all it takes is a new town and he puts on a new face. (I'm so awful at writing.)
    ====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&D Character Builder ======
    Evosin, level 5
    Changeling, Sorcerer
    Build: Storm Sorcerer
    Spell Source: Storm Magic
    Background: Occupation - Entertainer (+2 to Bluff)

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
    Str 10, Con 10, Dex 18, Int 13, Wis 8, Cha 20.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
    Str 10, Con 10, Dex 15, Int 13, Wis 8, Cha 17.

AC: 16 Fort: 12 Reflex: 16 Will: 20
    HP: 42 Surges: 6 Surge Value: 10

TRAINED SKILLS
    Arcana +8, History +8, Intimidate +12, Bluff +16

UNTRAINED SKILLS
    Acrobatics +6, Diplomacy +7, Dungeoneering +1, Endurance +2, Heal +1, Insight +3, Nature +1, Perception +1, Religion +3, Stealth +6, Streetwise +7, Thievery +6, Athletics +2

FEATS
    Level 1: Sorcerous Blade Channeling
    Level 2: Linguist
    Level 4: Oncoming Storm

POWERS
    Sorcerer at-will 1: Dragonfrost
    Sorcerer at-will 1: Lightning Strike
    Sorcerer encounter 1: Thunder Slam
    Sorcerer daily 1: Chromatic Orb
    Sorcerer utility 2: Stretch Spell
    Sorcerer encounter 3: Dancing Lightning
    Sorcerer daily 5: Thunder Leap

ITEMS
    Skull Mask (heroic tier), Deathstalker Dagger +1, Shadowfell Gloves (heroic tier), Adventurer's Kit, Identification Papers, Standard, Cloth Armor (Basic Clothing), Magic Tome +1, Eternal Chalk (heroic tier)

And a Bard I wouldn't mind fiddling around with.
    Darrak was sent from his homeland to find glory and honour. He was always good at weaving tales and telling songs so it is unsure if he can ever return to his loving family and have them believe his ridiculous yarns, true or false.
    ====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&D Character Builder ======
    Darrak, level 5
    Dwarf, Bard
    Build: Valorous Bard
    Bardic Virtue: Virtue of Valor
    Background: Society - Noble (+2 to Diplomacy)

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
    Str 10, Con 17, Dex 10, Int 11, Wis 10, Cha 19.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
    Str 10, Con 14, Dex 10, Int 11, Wis 8, Cha 18.

AC: 19 Fort: 16 Reflex: 14 Will: 18
    HP: 49 Surges: 10 Surge Value: 12

TRAINED SKILLS
    Arcana +7, Athletics +6, Heal +9, Acrobatics +6, Diplomacy +13

UNTRAINED SKILLS
    Bluff +7, Dungeoneering +5, Endurance +7, History +3, Insight +3, Intimidate +7, Nature +3, Perception +3, Religion +3, Stealth +2, Streetwise +7, Thievery +2

FEATS
    Bard: Ritual Caster
    Level 1: Strength of Valor
    Level 2: Dwarven Weapon Training
    Level 4: Combat Medic

POWERS
    Bard at-will 1: Guiding Strike
    Bard at-will 1: War Song Strike
    Bard encounter 1: Inspiring Refrain
    Bard daily 1: Slayer's Song
    Bard utility 2: Song of Courage
    Bard encounter 3: Charger's Call
    Bard daily 5: Satire of Bravery

ITEMS
    Ritual Book, Challenge-Seeking Execution axe +2, Healer's Chainmail +1, Lucky Charm +1, Adventurer's Kit, Identification Papers, Standard, Harp
    RITUALS
    Glib Limerick, Secret Page

The Cow King on
    icGJy2C.png
  • FireflowerFireflower Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Since I already answered the first question and it looks like I might be included I'll hit the other three:
    2) Let me know what experience you have with D&D, new comers are welcome, but you need to create a character (which means having books or a Character Builder with update).
    I have Character Builder, and the core books both on pdf and paper copies. Modest experience playing: several long-running irl games in 3.5e and 4e, and a 3e-based CRPG or two.
    3) Let me know what experience you have with RPTools Maptools. No bias here, but if you have none I will ask you to show up a bit early to help you with token properties and macros so the game can go quickly.
    None. But my irl INT is 16. :]
    4) Tell me your character concept. This can be a brief blurb on who they are
    Aliénor Autumnfire was an orphan living in the gutter of a human city she will not name when she was adopted by the Church. The clergy saw that she was gifted, as well as cursed; unwilling to let her talent be lost to the streets, they decided both could be put to the service of their God-Queen. She has no love for the mortal races; individuals must have an INT or WIS of 13+ to engage her. Loyalty to the Raven Queen is what gives her life structure and purpose, and keeps the madness of tortured genius at bay. Nominally mute, she pursues the undead, the proud, and the heretic with the unsheathed fury of a vengeful tortured soul.

Fireflower on
    mario-fireball2-pv.jpg
  • DrswordsDrswords Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I am very intrigued in this but I have never ever done PbP games before and it all looks latin to me.

I wasnt aware this was a play by post game.

I figured since it was using maptools etc... that it was a virtual tabletop based game.

Drswords on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Drswords wrote: »
    I wasnt aware this was a play by post game.

I figured since it was using maptools etc... that it was a virtual tabletop based game.
    As I understand it, it is. Hmm.

Anyway, given that it is; REG can you post your campaign properties list and which maptool version you want to use so I can get tokens set up in advance?

Mr_Rose on
    ...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
    edited December 2009
    This is a maptools game! not pbp

streever on
  • LardalishLardalish Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    You guys should pick the 3rd to play. Cause you all know Im too awesome to pass on.

Hahaha.

No really, the 3rd.

Lardalish on
  • REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I will, if and when I remember and am at home.

This is not a PbP game. It's a 1-day 1-shot adventure.

REG Rysk on
  • Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I will, if and when I remember and am at home.

This is not a PbP game. It's a 1-day 1-shot adventure.
    Thanks.

Mr_Rose on
    ...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
    edited December 2009
    Are we going to be using voice chat? I would request that we do.

I can supply my 20 man vent server for the usage of such purpose.

Drswords on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I have a large Ventrilo server we can use. I'll get the info out to the players via PM once we nail down players for the 30th.

REG Rysk on
  • BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Oh, I guess I should answer the questions in the first post.

1) Let me know what days you are available for this, count my Saturday and Monday out since I run my campaign on Mondays and play in one on Saturdays.
    Im open every day but the Fourth till 1730 PST.

2) Let me know what experience you have with D&D, new comers are welcome, but you need to create a character (which means having books or a Character Builder with update).
    I have a small amount of experience, played in a couple PbP's here.

3) Let me know what experience you have with RPTools Maptools. No bias here, but if you have none I will ask you to show up a bit early to help you with token properties and macros so the game can go quickly.
    None, but I'm pretty good at picking new things up, so I shouldnt have any issues learning how to use it.

4) Tell me your character concept. This can be a brief blurb on who they are, but please include a name, a class, and a race (I'm not ruling anything illegal for this, at least for now. Keep in mind this group will need 1 player of each role and 1 wildcard that can be of any other role). You should note that this is going to be a slightly corny and predictably humorous endeavor. You're here to have a fun time for a few hours, so bring your sense of humor and it should be a blast.

Rickard de'Lei, Half-elf warlock.

Rickard wasn't always a devil worshiping heathen, in fact, up until a few months ago, he was a priest to Bahamut. As far as he is concerned he still is. Bahamut just isnt answering his prayers because the god has more important things to do. But to everyone else its painfully clear that he is slipping. His once solid moral ground is more of a marsh, and his attempts to 'serve the greater good' have gone a bit south.
    (I want to play him on the ridiculous end instead of the sad end, if that makes any sense. Running in, smiting people in the name of Bahamut, having to run for life after it doesnt work.)

Brody on
    "I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
    edited December 2009
    Hah I'm a idiot I apologize for all confusion caused. I still want to join however, thats what I get for posting at like 2 am.

/hide

The Cow King on
    icGJy2C.png
    edited December 2009
    it's ok the DM can get you back via tentacle violation in-game

Fireflower on
    mario-fireball2-pv.jpg
    edited December 2009
    Fireflower wrote: »
    it's ok the DM can get you back via tentacle violation in-game

Wow, that shouldnt have been half as appealing as it was.

>_>

Drswords on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2009
    Haha. I played with a group where the Artificer was, ah, "kinky." All her inventions involved some kind of violation. "Breath into this flask" she says, then the DM explains with a smirk "you feel something hot and wet thrust down your throat and into your lungs. You are healed but feel violated."

Fireflower on
    mario-fireball2-pv.jpg
    edited December 2009
    Fireflower wrote: »
    Haha. I played with a group where the Artificer was, ah, "kinky." All her inventions involved some kind of violation. "Breath into this flask" she says, then the DM explains with a smirk "you feel something hot and wet thrust down your throat and into your lungs. You are healed but feel violated."

In my last campaign ( the one i actually played in ) I camped it up big time. I basically played my character Jaden as a big ol queen.

It was great. I made intimidate checks by sexually advancing myself on guards and enemies.

When you play that angle against homophobic NPC's its quite great.

( Except for the Barbarian i tried to intimidate. Instead i just turned him on. And that did NOT end well. AT ALL ).

Drswords on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2009
    Makes me want to roll a male half elf with a massive charisma score and use "intimidate" and a skirt to make all the NPC's question their sexuality.

Fireflower on
    mario-fireball2-pv.jpg
  • FelixSomethingSomethingFelixSomethingSomething Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Elves are such fags.

FelixSomethingSomething on
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Elves are such fags.

I think you mean that they're really fey.

DarkPrimus on
    edited December 2009
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Elves are such fags.

I think you mean that they're really fey.

This humor has no place in my thread, BEGONE! :P

REG Rysk on
    edited December 2009
    As someone who is openly Fey, i find that offensive. :P

Drswords on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FelixSomethingSomethingFelixSomethingSomething Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I mean it in the nicest way possible

:winky:

Edit: And anyway, Eladrin are worse.

FelixSomethingSomething on
    edited December 2009
    its not gay if its an elf

Fireflower on
    mario-fireball2-pv.jpg
    edited December 2009
    Alright, Adrien is done!

Double-checking to make sure everything is correct would be apreciated... (especially since he was made with the demo version of the D&D character builder and altered to fit level 5 and the Arcane Power book)
    Adrien, level 5
    Human, Swordmage
    Swordmage Aegis: Aegis of Assault

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
    Str 15, Con 14, Dex 11, Int 18, Wis 10, Cha 12.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
    Str 14, Con 13, Dex 11, Int 16, Wis 10, Cha 12.

AC: 20 Fort: 17 Reflex: 19 Will: 17
    HP: 59 Surges: 10 Surge Value: 14

TRAINED SKILLS
    Endurance +9, Arcana +11, Insight +7, Athletics +9, Diplomacy +8

UNTRAINED SKILLS
    Acrobatics +2, Bluff +3, Dungeoneering +2, Heal +2, History +6, Intimidate +3, Nature +2, Perception +2, Religion +6, Stealth +2, Streetwise +3, Thievery +2

FEATS
    Human: Weapon Expertise (Heavy Blade)
    Level 1: Arcane Reserves
    Level 2: Escalating Assault
    Level 4: Human Perseverance

POWERS
    Swordmage at-will 1: Greenflame Blade
    Swordmage at-will 1: Lightning Lure
    Swordmage Encounter 1: Blazing Pursuit
    Swordmage Daily 1: Dragon's Teeth
    Human: Sword Burst
    Swordmage Utility 2: Host of Shields
    Swordmage Enounter 3: Dual Lightning Strike
    Swordmage Daily 5: Enerverating Slash

ITEMS
    Adventurer's Kit, Amulet of Protection +2, Feyleaf Vambraces (heroic tier), Bloodcut Leather Armor +1, Lightning Longsword +1

Once again, I'll be here all of the times you mentioned.

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
    edited December 2009
    I have a slight change in schedule. I will be available from the 29-30th I ended up working a bunch.

The Cow King on
    icGJy2C.png
    edited December 2009
    I have a slight change as well, sorry to say this isn't going to work out for me. I wanted to make it work, but I really just don't have the will to put it all to ink under pressure. I want to thank everybody who had put effort into characters and those who showed interest. The holidays have been more stressful than I could have anticipated. Sorry folks.

REG Rysk on
    edited December 2009
    I have a slight change as well, sorry to say this isn't going to work out for me. I wanted to make it work, but I really just don't have the will to put it all to ink under pressure. I want to thank everybody who had put effort into characters and those who showed interest. The holidays have been more stressful than I could have anticipated. Sorry folks.

It's OK, you probably still got farther than I would have :P

Anyway, I'm going to stuff Adrien in a corner in hopes of another day...

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
    edited December 2009
    aw :T

Fireflower on
    mario-fireball2-pv.jpg
    edited December 2009

That sucks man sorry to hear it.

The Cow King on
    icGJy2C.png
    edited December 2009
    Well this sorta worked out for me.

Our cable got cut off christmas day. And we had to foot the 120 dollar overdue bill. So thats where the 75 bucks i got for christmas went. So i cant get a new headset ( or any steam games ) until January.

Drswords on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2009
    ah man, what a bummer.

It's OK. We'll be playing TAT on and off in the IRC this week... http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=99650 this forum has details. All you need is IRC and your IMAGINATION

streever on