As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

MOTW 12/16/09: The entire issue of GLC #43

2»

• Options
    jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Can someone just confirm the end of Dark Avengers form e?
    So is Loki orchestrating events to make Osborn lose it? Or is he directly influencing Osborn to lose it? Either way, as insane as he is, how is Osborn not realising this?

And Sentry is gonna die permanently soon, someone who can waste the Molecule Man and apaprently make the Scarlet Witch seem like nothing is beyond too powerful to have around.
    I just wantto know who Osborne's ultimate weapon is if it's not Sentry?

200px-Beyonder_(Earth-616).gif

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options
    MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Dark Wolverine #81: You know, if you'd told me that Moonstone would be getting her best character development in a book written by Daniel Way, I'd have called you a liar. And then possibly struck you. Most of the credit can probably be given to Marjorie Liu, who I believe is actually writing the full scripts from Way's plot outlines. I'd planned to drop this book, not because it was bad, but just because it wasn't something I felt the need to read every month. But then they brought Camuncoli back in to draw it. I really liked the dude's work on the Captain Atom mini-series from a few years back, and he's gotten exponentially better since then.
    Daken has just told Moonstone a heartwarming tale about how, as a child, he was sent to assassinate a defenseless, elderly woman. Impressed by her stoic calm and quiet dignity, he left her unharmed.
    ej60jo.jpg
    The next page shows what Daken really did to the old woman.

This page actually startled me a little when I flipped to it. After looking very controlled and blase throughout the entire issue, Daken's face just twists up into this freaky snarl out of nowhere.

X-Factor #200: Just a little one page gag I quite enjoyed.
    25rjuki.jpg
    I know PAD had been getting bugged by readers for a long time to re-introduce the Siryn/Deadpool romance. I thought this was a nice way of throwing them a bone, without lingering on it for too long.

Doctor Voodoo #3: I have to say, though I'm loving the visual aesthetic of this book, the magic, and the characters, something about it just isn't clicking for me. Maybe it's because, three issues in, Jericho Drumm has yet to prove why he should be the Sorcerer Supreme, as he seems to spend most of his time getting his face kicked in, and being ineffectual. I'm sure that'll be remedied by the end of the arc, but for now it's a bit frustrating watching the hero fail at every turn.
    Also? This book makes a great case for Doom to become the Sorcerer Supreme, as he actually does stuff. Plus, Remender writes him really well.
    2mcezxd.jpg

Silver Streak Comics #24, which is part of Image's Next Issue Project wherein public domain comics are restarted from the point at which they were cancelled, came out this week. While the talent line-up isn't as impressive as that of the previously released Fantastic Comics, this issue still has Paul Grist and Erik Larsen drawing the Golden Age Daredevil and Silver Streak, and the entire thing is done in an oversized format, on paper that's sort of like matte cardstock. I'm honestly not sure if I'd recommend it, as three of the five features weren't all that great. But if you're looking for a little something different, and have four bucks to spare, you might like it.
    2nrjax0.jpg

Aside from Larsen and Grist's entertaining contributions, I think the best part of the book was the hilarious retro style advertisements.
    mslxxg.jpg
    Fantastic.

Incorruptible #1 was alright, but started quite slow, and if Irredeemable's anything to go by, it's going to take a few issues to really get going.While nothing stands out as Moment of the Week material, I have to say that Mark Waid making his anti-hero protagonist a pretty flagrant statutory rapist is pretty ballsy. Comic readers are often asked to sympathize with heroic killers or thieves, but I don't think a writer's ever put a sexual predator in the role of the hero, and asked the reader to root for them.

Munch on
  • Options
    manjimanji Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    i've gotta say i'm buying pretty much anything i see camuncoli's name on at the moment. even x-infernus which you guys hate on a lot i enjoyed. i think i more gazed at it than read it...

manji on
  • Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I would read "Doom: Sorcerer Supreme" so fucking hard.

durandal4532 on
    Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    I would read "Doom: Sorcerer Supreme" so fucking hard.

R219.jpg

One of the best Dr. Doom stories ever made.

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options
    kdrudykdrudy Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Munch wrote: »
    X-Factor #200: Just a little one page gag I quite enjoyed.
    25rjuki.jpg
    I know PAD had been getting bugged by readers for a long time to re-introduce the Siryn/Deadpool romance. I thought this was a nice way of throwing them a bone, without lingering on it for too long.

Seeing that makes me happy, if for no other reason that he tries to be just a little bit better a person when he's around her.

kdrudy on
    tvsfrank.jpg
  • Options
    MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    One of the best Dr. Doom stories ever made.

It always strikes me as odd when I see a creator's name written differently than I'm used to seeing it. I mean, Michael Mignola?

On a semi-related note, I just found out that Matt Fraction's real name is Matt Fritchman.

How weird is that?

Munch on
  • Options
    ThaneThane Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    i'm guessing he changed it because it looked better on paper?

That always irks me

Thane on
    286v37l.jpg
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    If you're going to change your name do it like Gene Simmons.

TexiKen on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Thane wrote: »
    i'm guessing he changed it because it looked better on paper?

That always irks me

Stan Lee and Jack Kirby did the same thing.

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options
    GreenGreen Stick around. I'm full of bad ideas.Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    A little disappointed this thread isn't called
    Kryb Death

Green on
  • Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Green wrote: »
    Kryb Death
    Are we sure she's dead? Alright, yes, she's had an arm torn off and shoved down her throat and is being swung around by her neck, but she took some brutal hits when they first brought her down and she recovered.

Golden Yak on
    H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    mattharvestmattharvest Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I'm pretty sure that Guy made sure.

mattharvest on
  • Options
    Witch_Hunter_84Witch_Hunter_84 Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Golden Yak wrote: »
    Kryb Death
    Are we sure she's dead? Alright, yes, she's had an arm torn off and shoved down her throat and is being swung around by her neck, but she took some brutal hits when they first brought her down and she recovered.
    The only way that crazy bitch is getting back up is with a Black Ring around her finger.

Witch_Hunter_84 on
    If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten in your presence.
  • Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Golden Yak wrote: »
    Kryb Death
    The only way that crazy bitch is getting back up is with a Black Ring around her finger.

Make that...
    Back nipples

Psychotic One on
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    MOTW: Astonishing 33, the combo of "I can quite guarantee that Scott has never even heard of Damien Hirst," and, "I just get sick of all the long fights and faffing around, you know?"

desc on