As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

DC Solicitations for March 2010: Full Solicitations Are Up

wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
edited December 2009 in Graphic Violence
Full Solicits have been posted. Let the gnashing of teeth and wailing commence.

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/091221-dc-march-2010-solicitations.html

When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
wwtMask on

• Options
    jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    OUTSIDERS #28
    On sale MARCH 24 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US
    Written by Dan DiDio
    Art and cover by Philip Tan & Jonathan Glapion
    It’s the ultimate battle royal as team member faces off against team member! It’s Geo-Force verses Black Lightning for the control – and the fate – of The Outsiders, and the team will never EVER be the same again!

Dan, you had me at "will never EVER be the same again".

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    NEMESIS: THE IMPOSTERS #1
    On sale MARCH 3 • 1 of 4 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US
    Written by IVAN BRANDON
    Art by CLIFF RICHARDS
    For Thomas Andrew Tresser, aka Nemesis, the world of metahuman espionage is never what it seems. After his recent “reeducation” at the hands of the Global Peace Agency, Nemesis finds himself thrust back into the real world with enemies seemingly around every corner. Tasked with uncovering the truth about his mission and the true identities of those hoping to unleash a great evil on the world, Nemesis is forced to confront the fact that he may not be able to trust anybody in the universe – including himself.

http://pwbeat.publishersweekly.com/blog/2009/12/02/dc-comics-month-to-month-sales-october-2009/#more-9116
    155 - FINAL CRISIS AFTERMATH: RUN
    05/2009: Run #1 of 6 — 29,065
    06/2009: Run #2 of 6 — 21,429 (-26.3%)
    07/2009: Run #3 of 6 — 16,212 (-24.4%)
    08/2009: Run #4 of 6 — 13,738 (-15.3%)
    09/2009: Run #5 of 6 — 12,406 (- 9.7%)
    10/2009: Run #6 of 6 — 11,304 (- 8.9%)

Finally, the book 10,000 readers were clamoring for!

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Nicola Scott is probably going to be on WW now. I know she was supposed to come back to Secret Six, but it's ok, I understand. *Sniff* Oh, man, not now.....

TexiKen on
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Oh hey. Nicola Scott is gonna be on Wonder Woman. That's pretty cool. I loved her art in the Blackest Night: Wonder Woman tie-in. Was hoping to see some more of it. And Simone works very well with Scott. Perhaps the pair of them will be able to churn out some good stories for WW.

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    The Jonah Hex OGN kind of intrigues me, as Tony DeZuniga's drawing it. And the Showcase Presents: Dial H for Hero and Atomic Knights TPBs are must-buys. Mike Oeming on The Shield's back-up strip could be cool.

Otherwise, nothing's really jumping out at me aside from the usual stuff I buy.

Munch on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Booster Gold is going back to $3 minus the Blue Beetle backup.

He's probably going to show up in TT though (not as a backup).

Green Arrow is also losing the backup.

TexiKen on
  • Options
    SalmonOfDoubtSalmonOfDoubt Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    First Wave sounds pretty interesting.

SalmonOfDoubt on
    heavensidesig80.jpg
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    killing children would be hilarious
    Olivaw wrote: »
    HELLO AND WELCOME TO THE PENNY ARCADE FORUMS

PLEASE ENJOY YOUR STAY

AND THIS PENIS
    Man, I don't want to read about this lady's broken vagina.
    NotACrook wrote: »
    I am sitting here trying to come up with a tiered system for rating child molesters.
    cock vore is fuckin hilarious
  • Options
    RansRans Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    the usual GL stuff for me but nothing else is even vaguely interesting. not even any good trades.

Rans on
  • Options
    HadjiQuestHadjiQuest Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    So many books I should be dropping, but feel obligated to stick with (Streets of Gotham, Batman, Action Comics, etc). Plus a bunch of One-shots, limited, and series I'll be on. Bah.

Really, a month of no surprises. Also, notice how the Adventure Comics collection only has issues 0-3, and 5+6. It's missing the first Blackest Night tie-in, but has the second. Very strange.

Also, legion backups not included :(

HadjiQuest on
  • Options
    RansRans Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    The second BN tie-in also had a back up of a normal Superboy story, yes? so probably just the back up and not the PRIME TIME junk.

Rans on
  • Options
    HadjiQuestHadjiQuest Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Rans wrote: »
    The second BN tie-in also had a back up of a normal Superboy story, yes? so probably just the back up and not the PRIME TIME junk.

So a $25 hardcover will have essentially 5 issues (Adv 1, 2, 3, 6 and then the short-length 0 and backup).

That's still pretty lame.

HadjiQuest on
  • Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    All the new books are completely uninteresting and Justice League looks like it's going to be worse than ever. And another 80 Page Giant that's probably full of mediocre-to-terrible stories and way over-priced.

Unco-ordinated on
    Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Options
    AlgertmanAlgertman Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    ATOMIC KNIGHTS!
    The Jonah Hex HC
    New Joe Kubert GN

These make ma happy

Algertman on
  • Options
    wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Huh, looks like I'll be buying GL, GLC, Blackest Night, and Milestone Forever. I'm probably going to trade wait First Wave, even though it looks cool.

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited December 2009
    I'm excited for the Batgirl & Red Robin crossover

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    DrakeonDrakeon Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I need to drop Batman, also Dan Didio on Outsiders is easily saving me money. Is this the first time he's ever written a comic? I've never seen his name on anything before. Either way it sounds like garbage.

Drakeon on
    PSN: Drakieon XBL: Drakieon Steam: TheDrakeon
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited December 2009
    He's written some stories in the Holiday specials

they were the worst

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    He also apparently wrote a couple of issues of Superboy back before he got the EIC (or whatever DC call it) job but I'm pretty sure Palmiotti was co-writing with him.

So yeah, he's a terrible, terrible writer.

Unco-ordinated on
  • Options
    MastaPMastaP Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I'll give it one issue. The Metal Men story in Wednesday comics was decent. Couldn't be worse than Dixon in any case.

MastaP on
  • Options
    DrakeonDrakeon Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    This reminds me of when Bill Jemas tried writing Sub Mariner. Although it'll probably be worse than that.

Drakeon on
    PSN: Drakieon XBL: Drakieon Steam: TheDrakeon
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    MastaP wrote: »
    I'll give it one issue. The Metal Men story in Wednesday comics was decent. Couldn't be worse than Dixon in any case.

If you are talking shit on Chuck Dixon I swear I will fuck your teeth right out of your mouth

This is not a threat, this is how it goes

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited December 2009

:? Yeah, he could be worse than Dixon, seeing as Dixon's a really good writer.

Edit: Get 'im Keith, get 'im!

Unco-ordinated on
  • Options
    MastaPMastaP Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Keith wrote: »

If you are talking shit on Chuck Dixon I swear I will fuck your teeth right out of your mouth

o_O
    Really?
    Heh.

MastaP on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Keith wrote: »

o_O
    Really?
    Heh.

I will make you say uhhhh

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    Darth NatDarth Nat Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I'm not a huge fan of Dixon's Outsiders, but at least people seemed somewhat aware of the book when he was writing it, which is more than can be said about pretty much everything done with the team since.

Darth Nat on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Dixon used the Dibnys in the best way you can right now, so he gets props for that.

TexiKen on
  • Options
    SalmonOfDoubtSalmonOfDoubt Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Man I wish the Outsiders would go back to being led by Nightwing

SalmonOfDoubt on
    heavensidesig80.jpg
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    killing children would be hilarious
    Olivaw wrote: »
    HELLO AND WELCOME TO THE PENNY ARCADE FORUMS

PLEASE ENJOY YOUR STAY

AND THIS PENIS
    Man, I don't want to read about this lady's broken vagina.
    NotACrook wrote: »
    I am sitting here trying to come up with a tiered system for rating child molesters.
    cock vore is fuckin hilarious
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Man I wish the Outsiders would go back to being led by Nightwing

And it should be written by Bruce Jones.

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options
    ZeromusZeromus Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Good Lord, fuck the Justice League harder, DC

Zeromus on
    pygsig.png