As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Marvel Solicitations for March 2010: Full Solicits Are Up

wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
edited December 2009 in Graphic Violence
Full solicits are up. Yes, there really is that much Iron Man shit being released in March.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=24147

When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
wwtMask on

• Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Man, the cover for Nation-X 4 makes me way happier than it should.
    74_NATION_X_4.jpg

DOOP!
    Also, I am pleased to see that whoever is doing the new X-Factor covers remembers that Monet is actually black.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I thought they were going to retool Valerie D'Orazio's Cloak & Dagger mini to work in the current X-Universe instead of doing a new one-shot with another writer.

TexiKen on
  • Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    No Ultimate Comics Avengers in March? Maybe it is Millar who's being slow since L. Francis Yu is doing art duties for the next arc and no way in Hell is he responsible for any delays.

wirehead26 on
    I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    FaynorFaynor Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    UNCANNY X-MEN #522
    Written by MATT FRACTION
    Pencils by WHILCE PORTACIO
    Cover by TERRY DODSON
    Variant Cover by TBA
    She's been gone for a long time, but she's coming back. This isn't a hoax. This isn't a joke. CLASSIFIED is back in this over-sized special issue of UNCANNY X-MEN.
    40 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

emot-wth.gif

E: Who's Whilce Portacioooooo

Faynor on
    do you wanna see me eat a hotdog
  • Options
    jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I will eat my own cock if Fraction brings back Jean Grey.

Also, Punisher looks awesome, as usual.

85_punisher_15_02.jpg

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Faynor wrote: »
    UNCANNY X-MEN #522
    Written by MATT FRACTION
    Pencils by WHILCE PORTACIO
    Cover by TERRY DODSON
    Variant Cover by TBA
    She's been gone for a long time, but she's coming back. This isn't a hoax. This isn't a joke. CLASSIFIED is back in this over-sized special issue of UNCANNY X-MEN.
    40 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

emot-wth.gif

E: Who's Whilce Portacioooooo

Whilce Portacio is basically Jim Lee but Filipino instead of Korean.

He was a big Marvel talent back in the early 90's, and worked on X-Factor when Lee was on Uncanny, and then he drew the Gold Team in Uncanny while Jim Lee drew the Blue Team in X-Men.

Back in his Uncanny X-Men run, Jean "died". I think that's why he's drawing this issue.

He's also really slow now, buyer beware.

TexiKen on
  • Options
    MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    TexiKen wrote: »
    I thought they were going to retool Valerie D'Orazio's Cloak & Dagger mini to work in the current X-Universe instead of doing a new one-shot with another writer.

I was actually wondering if a truncated version of D'Orazio's Cloak and Dagger would just get rolled into the Girl Comics anthology.

I'm happy to see Stuart Moore getting more work, though I'm not terribly interested in Cloak and Dagger. But he wrote Firestorm and Giant Robot Warriors, both of which were pretty terrific, so I'll probably check it out.

The Mystic Hands of Dr. Strange looks fun, and seems to be following the same format of the recently published Shang-Chi: Master of Kung-Fu one-shot.

Munch on
  • Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    and the world can breathe a sigh of relief that dagger's vagina remains unbroken

though it has to groan a little bit because this joke is old

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Did Tiger Woods break it?

Oh wait the joke was just refreshed! It's still good, make the t-shirts!

TexiKen on
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Punisher looks awesome.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    Magna InfernoMagna Inferno Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    So For Ultimate Spider-Man, this guy "Debuting" I'm calling it right now.
    RICK JONES IS......

ULTIMATE SENTRY

Magna Inferno on
    ultimates-1.png
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Dude was glowing golden and looking all confused...

Solar on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Full Solicits are up.

EDIT: The Dark Avengers: Ares and Avengers/X-Men: Utopia trades seem like good buys.

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I'm surprised to see that the female Scorpion will be making an appearance in the Gauntlet storyline.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Guardians of the Galaxy and Nova look great, as always.
    DnA seem to be bringing back the dead Guardians, which is good. I really didn't like to see so many team members die at once, especially Adam who I was new too and has grown into quite a favourite.

Solar on
  • Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Cosmo will remain dead

Now and forever across the multiverse

CorporateLogo on
    Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I will eat my own cock if Fraction brings back Jean Grey.

I Hope you're joking.

UnbrokenEva on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    @ Corporate Logo

If you are saying that to mock my pain I will skullfuck your eyes into the back of your head and piss on your brain. I shit you not.

Solar on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Cosmo will remain dead

Now and forever across the multiverse

Have you no decency, sir? No shame?

wwtMask on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Solar wrote: »
    @ Corporate Logo

If you are saying that to mock my pain I will skullfuck your eyes into the back of your head and piss on your brain. I shit you not.
    Well, at least you're drawing the line at scat.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

• Options
    edited December 2009
    I'm not an animal.

Solar on
  • Options
    HadjiQuestHadjiQuest Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    ASM is shipping every week (5 issues), plus Web 6 and Peter Parker 1.

Also, no doc voodoo.

HadjiQuest on
  • Options
    CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Wow. A Dr. Strange book with stories written by Kieron, Mike Carey and Peter Milligan.

YES, please.

Crimsondude on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    TBA and TBD have pretty heavy schedules, I hope their art comes out on time!

I'm going to start picking up Dr. Voodoo because it needs all the help it can (second issue was only 17k) and seems to be generally well reviewed.

Avengers vs. Atlas looks to have been bumped to 4 issues.

And MA: Super Heroes #21 I'll buy because Craig Rousseau is a completely underused and underrated artist. His art is like Humberto Ramos and Duncan Rouleau put together.

TexiKen on
  • Options
    MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I gotta say, Marvel knows what I want. Girl Comics, Sif, She-Hulk Sensational, some new Noir books, more Deadpool, Savage She-Hulk, Lockjaw and the Pet Avengers Unleashed, and Nightcrawler as drawn by Cary Nord all look like a lot of fun.

However, the death of the Marvel Adventures line, the apparent death of Hercules, and a Mr. X one-shot all make me weep.

Munch on
  • Options
    jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Munch wrote: »
    I gotta say, Marvel knows what I want. Girl Comics, Sif, She-Hulk Sensational, some new Noir books, more Deadpool, Savage She-Hulk, Lockjaw and the Pet Avengers Unleashed, and Nightcrawler as drawn by Cary Nord all look like a lot of fun.

However, the death of the Marvel Adventures line, the apparent death of Hercules, and a Mr. X one-shot all make me weep.

Hey, Frank Tieri has to eat!

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Maybe he can make Punisher more gay in another Wolverine issue or something.

TexiKen on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    That Dark Avengers: Ares tpb is a must-buy for me since I've never read the original Ares miniseries. I''ll also get the third X-Force trade and maybe Nomad: Girl without a world.

wirehead26 on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    TexiKen wrote: »
    Maybe he can make Punisher more gay in another Wolverine issue or something.
    You can make Punisher more gay?

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

• Options
    edited December 2009
    When Garth Ennis wrote MK Punisher, he had the Punisher blowing off Wolverine's face and then running him over with a steamroller. Tieri's response was in a Wolverine issue to have Frank carry around a magazine full of Chip 'n Dales or something, where lol Frank's gay.

One was very funny (I might scan it in now since it also has a midget being kicked between the uprights), the other is just a Dane Cook level bad attempt at getting even.

TexiKen on
  • Options
    Magna InfernoMagna Inferno Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Is the Armor Wars Prologue worth picking up?
    But yeah expensive for time for tpb.
    Demon in a Bottle, Armor Wars, Utopia,

Magna Inferno on
    ultimates-1.png
  • Options
    VirralVirral Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Fuck fuck fuck I've got to wait until March for the next Guardians trade? FUCK!

Virral on
    2vlp7o9.jpg
  • Options
    FaynorFaynor Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Maybe you should move to a place where comics are cheaper and the colors don't run, Virral 8-)

Faynor on
    do you wanna see me eat a hotdog
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited December 2009
    Munch wrote: »

Nine Deadpool issues ship that month

That's ridiculous

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    VirralVirral Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Faynor wrote: »
    Maybe you should move to a place where comics are cheaper and the colors don't run, Virral 8-)

I don't think comics are cheaper in France though...

Virral on
    2vlp7o9.jpg
  • Options
    AlgertmanAlgertman Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    No Ultimate Comics Avengers in March? Maybe it is Millar who's being slow since L. Francis Yu is doing art duties for the next arc and no way in Hell is he responsible for any delays.

*Looks at all that Millar creator owned work.

What ever would give you that idea?

Algertman on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Algertman wrote: »
    wirehead26 wrote: »

*Looks at all that Millar creator owned work.

What ever would give you that idea?

I should have expected it I know but I thought Millar actually wanted to get the book out on time. Of course this might be due to Pacheco being slow so who knows.

wirehead26 on