As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

F.E.A.R. demo trouble...

Desert ThunderDesert Thunder Registered User regular
edited September 2005 in PAX Archive
While hunting for freebies at PAX '05, I picked up the F.E.A.R. demo disc, as I'm sure many of you did. And I had forgotten about it for a bit, but as I was looking through the stuff I got at PAX I noticed it and decided to install the game on my computer. However, when I try to start the game up it just takes me to a page where I can pre-order the game and leaves me there. Anyone else have this problem with the demo, or did I just get a defective disc?

I'm gonna build a stepfather factory.
Desert Thunder on

• Options
    ShadeShade Registered User regular
    edited September 2005
    OK, here's the deal:

The game won't play if you have certain codecs installed. You have to find which codecs are cuasing it and uninstall them, then the demo will work.

Shade on
  • Options
    Desert ThunderDesert Thunder Registered User regular
    edited September 2005
    ...So in order to play the game I'd have to search through my installed audio and video codecs and uninstall them until I found which one wasn't co-operating with the demo?

No thanks.

Desert Thunder on
    I'm gonna build a stepfather factory.
  • Options
    ShadeShade Registered User regular
    edited September 2005
    yeah, luckly for me, I just uninstalled Ace media and it woeked. also try going to website for help.

Shade on
  • Options
    ben184ben184 Registered User regular
    edited September 2005
    I'd say try harder to install the demo. Give it a second chance. It's pretty awesome.

ben184 on