As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

I'm dreaming of a nuclear christmas

Zombies Tossed My Salad!Zombies Tossed My Salad! Registered User regular
edited December 2009 in Social Entropy++
defcon.jpg

Its a nuclear winter!

Who wants to nuke each other at this happy time of year?

steam tag is XeroXero

Zombies Tossed My Salad! on

• potatoepotatoe Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    hells yeah missile command

potatoe on
  • HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    They made a play about this. It was called Hamlet.

Hacksaw on
  • Edward StrangeloveEdward Strangelove Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I'd be so down

Edward Strangelove on
    269975-1.png
  • TarranonTarranon Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I was just thinking about this game the other day

namely this horrible experience I had with the demo when it first came out. I don't know if it's still the case but back then unless you had a specific setting or something people can look at your singleplayer practice games

I had no idea. So it was like my second game ever and I was horrible and didn't know what I was doing. And then suddenly someone started talking. they weren't even talking to me! they were talking to the other spectators. for some reason my poor practice game had become some sort of horrible attraction. people all talking about how terrible I was with each other. never addressing me. it was terrible and strange all at the same time.

Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Tarranon wrote: »

namely this horrible experience I had with the demo when it first came out. I don't know if it's still the case but back then unless you had a specific setting or something people can look at your singleplayer practice games

I had no idea. So it was like my second game ever and I was horrible and didn't know what I was doing. And then suddenly someone started talking. they weren't even talking to me! they were talking to the other spectators. for some reason my poor practice game had become some sort of horrible attraction. people all talking about how terrible I was with each other. never addressing me. it was terrible and strange all at the same time.

So... the community is almost as bad as the Starcraft community?

STATE OF THE ART ROBOT on
  • SpacehogSpacehog Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Tarranon wrote: »

So... the community is almost as bad as the Counter-Strike community?

Fix'd

Spacehog on
    edited December 2009
    Look both communities need to be purged in fire.

• ZoelZoel I suppose... I'd put it on Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I own this game but I have never played it

This should be remedied

Zoel on
    A magician gives you a ring that, when worn, will let you see the world as it truly is.
    However, the ring will never leave your finger, and you will be unable to ever describe to another living person what you see.
  • SpacehogSpacehog Registered User regular
    edited December 2009

I honestly cant think of 2 worse video game communities.

Halo perhaps? The Modern Warfare series? They are the only other two I can think of that are even close.

I don't count WoW due to the sheer number of people. I mean 9 million? You are bound to have some assholes.

Spacehog on
    edited December 2009
    Spacehog wrote: »

I honestly cant think of 2 worse video game communities.

Halo perhaps? The Modern Warfare series? They are the only other two I can think of that are even close.

I don't count WoW due to the sheer number of people. I mean 9 million? You are bound to have some assholes.

SC Community is the main reason why I will never buy SC 2.

• zanmattozanmatto Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    DotA is well known to have the worst commuity of any game of all time ever. That isn't hyperbole.

zanmatto on
  • WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    just bought this but I'm testing some stuff in another game so it might not be tonight that I play

Weaver on
  • Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    oh shit i might play this but id have to do it with a track pad shiiit

Sars_Boy on
  • Wrench N RocketsWrench N Rockets Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    zanmatto wrote: »
    DotA is well known to have the worst commuity of any game of all time ever. That isn't hyperbole.

I'll raise you No Mutants Allowed.

Wrench N Rockets on
    sig_lambo.jpg
  • Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    DEFCON sure a game, nukin' dudes used to be sad but i'm diggin it

Calamity Jane on
    twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • KazhiimKazhiim __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2009
    I was JUST thinking of making this thread

WEIRD

Kazhiim on
    lost_sig2.png
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    The thread title made me laugh because I work at a nuclear power plant and I'm working right now and I'll be working tomorrow.

Also, I'm going to have a white Christmas and that hasn't happened in like 10 years.

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • zanmattozanmatto Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    zanmatto wrote: »

I'll raise you No Mutants Allowed.

It's a solid contest, no doubt.

On one hand, NMA is a bunch of spastic spergers.

On the other hand, DotA is counter-strike mixed with even more hatred of your team-mates, due to their absolute despising of new players, since having a teammate do poorly more or less condemns you to a fate of losing.

It's a solid contest, no doubt.

zanmatto on