As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

FunkyWaltDogg is [chat]ing my similing snake

• Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    Thanatos wrote: »
    Something I love about being a senior officer in my WoW guild; kicking out people for being retarded and having retarded opinions. Ah, power. How I missed thee.

You have power to kick people out of a fictional group in a fictional game that's just a bunch of ones and zeroes.

That's not power.
    Kicking people out of my treehouse isn't power? What is it, then? Gravity?
    It's moving around some ones and zeroes.
    You say poe-tay-toe.
    I shouldn't hate on you so much, Hacksaw.

I just really, really hate that game. It makes me wish Blizzard would go bankrupt, and be forced to sell the Starcraft license to someone who would actually do something with it.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    stilist wrote: »
    Senor Fish wrote:
    SC wrote:
    Senor Fish wrote:
    The star wars thread is...interesting.
    How so? Is it a massive argument over why the lightsabers were different colours?
    No, it's everyone arguing over how bad the prequels sucked. Some say a lot, some say a hell of a lot.
    Well, neither group is wrong.
    No, the group saying that the prequels were good is objectively wrong. That's my objective opinion.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I just really, really hate that game. It makes me wish Blizzard would go bankrupt, and be forced to sell the Starcraft license to someone who would actually do something with it.
    I just wish WoW had been a massively single player Diablo-like game, instead of an MMO that seems to attract retards and assholes like moths to a flame.

Hacksaw on
  • Options
    Gorilla SaladGorilla Salad Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    stilist wrote: »
    Senor Fish wrote:
    SC wrote:
    Senor Fish wrote:
    The star wars thread is...interesting.
    How so? Is it a massive argument over why the lightsabers were different colours?
    No, it's everyone arguing over how bad the prequels sucked. Some say a lot, some say a hell of a lot.
    Well, neither group is wrong.
    But they still argue.

Gorilla Salad on
  • Options
    ViolentChemistryViolentChemistry __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2007
    I have the power to kill a yak from 200 yards away, with mind-bullets.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    I just wish WoW had been a massively single player Diablo-like game, instead of an MMO that seems to attract retards and assholes like moths to a flame.
    You wouldn't have the Auction House then, though. Or guilds.

Of course, you wouldn't have 40-man raids, either. But then most of the game would just be grinding for levels, which just isn't any fun.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2007
    They need to stop arguing, and just agree on the fact that the prequels were shit.

Me Too! on
  • Options
    The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hop Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I have the power to kill a yak from 200 yards away, with mind-bullets.
    What about the ones that are mind-bullet resistant?

The Green Eyed Monster on
  • Options
    edited April 2007

C'mon, the assholes give it some flavor!

Me Too! on
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    But then most of the game would just be grinding for levels, which just isn't any fun.
    Not true.

Elendil on
  • Options
    edited April 2007

Of course, you wouldn't have 40-man raids, either. But then most of the game would just be grinding for levels, which just isn't any fun.
    This is why I have trouble reconcilling RPGs; grinding up levels/farming for gear so I can best the next boss doesn't really appeal to me. Give me FPSes or RTSes any day of the week.

Hacksaw on
  • Options
    edited April 2007

Yes they do. Unfortunately it's not a flavor I find to be particularly tasty.

Hacksaw on
  • Options
    mcdermottmcdermott Registered User regular
    edited April 2007

After WOW, I'm actually almost as scared of what Blizzard might someday decide to do with Starcraft as the idea that they may just let it gather dust forever.

mcdermott on
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    celery77 wrote: »
    I'm thinking about getting a wheel barrow and tricking it out.
    Just kidding -- what the fuck would I do with a wheel barrow?

Put some sweet rims on that shit.
    Well exactly, but I mean besides that and the hydraulics.

Flamethrower.

Everything's cooler with a flamethrower.

An example of what a bunch of wierdos live in my town. The other day I saw a tricked out bike. Not a motorcycle a bike. Like one of those little BMX bikes. The guy had strapped an entire stereo system with power source, flashing lights, and streamers to this poor innocent bike. And he was riding around town like he had a badass Caddie with hydralics on it. it was freakin hilarious.

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    If I were ever to become a teacher, I would work some sort of power-levelling into the grading scale.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    edited April 2007

Yes they do. Unfortunately it's not a flavor I find to be particularly tasty.

I like to play an RP server occasionally, because it's different from just playing. The whole "story" aspect appeals to me a little. Anyway, RP servers are usually nice, quiet, semi-low pop, and chat is (for me) usually either silent or well-behaved. Then you get the people who A) refuse to RP, even though that's the purpose of the server, and B) Those assholes posting cyber ads in chat. Fuck off. Go ruin your own goddamn server.

Me Too! on
  • Options
    edited April 2007

This is why I have trouble reconcilling RPGs; grinding up levels/farming for gear so I can best the next boss doesn't really appeal to me. Give me FPSes or RTSes any day of the week.
    You're an officer in a WoW guild. Does not parse.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited April 2007

He paid some chinese kid to grind it out for him.

moniker on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Well, I'm gonna go. I gotta get something to eat before my first day of work.

Later, [chat]ters.

Me Too! on
  • Options
    edited April 2007

I was an officer twice and a guildleader once in EverQuest. I never even hit level 60 on one character in four years of playing.

Point being, you can be an officer and a casual player...it depends on the guild.

Or you can pay some chinese kid to grind it out for you.

Drez on
  • Options
    edited April 2007

My character is controlled by a mill stone.

Hacksaw on
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    It is practically impossible to not hit 60 in WoW, as long as you don't start up 9 alts and switch between them every 2 minutes.

Aldo on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Aldo wrote: »
    It is practically impossible to not hit 60 in WoW, as long as you don't start up 9 alts and switch between them every 2 minutes.

Well that's kind of what I did in EQ.

Also, to hit 60 in pre-Luclin EQ (i.e. original + Kunark + Velious) took a lot more time and work and patience and soulsweat than WoW does. WoW is far more casual until you get to some of those raids. Even then...man I used to do 14 hour raids all the time in EQ.

Drez on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Drez wrote: »

Also, to hit 60 in pre-Luclin EQ (i.e. original + Kunark + Velious) took a lot more time and work and patience and soulsweat than WoW does. WoW is far more casual until you get to some of those raids. Even then...man I used to do 14 hour raids all the time in EQ.
    Yes, nothing beats EQ in crazy-hardcore-ness.

I have never spoken to anyone who misses that.

Meh, WoW isn't really hardcore, if it wasn't for the mindnumbing grinding for gold/potions/mats/honour points you need to have some sort of progression after you hit the max lev.

Aldo on
  • Options
    edited April 2007

Meh, WoW isn't really hardcore, if it wasn't for the mindnumbing grinding for gold/potions/mats/honour points you need to have some sort of progression after you hit the max lev.

Well, you could always start trying to talk the girlfriends of other guys in the guild to move across half a dozen states to live with you.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited April 2007
    VishNub wrote: »
    Or are you being arbitrarily aggressive and defensive?
    An adult pokeyman fan being defensive? Perish the thought!

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited April 2007
    Something I love about being a senior officer in my WoW guild; kicking out people for being retarded and having retarded opinions. Ah, power. How I missed thee.
    I hated being GM.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Ugh. Getting sick before a test blows hard.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    A approve of the martial arts thread. :^:
    Why don't you post in there somewhere that a knife is deadlier than a gun and a black belt in Kempo is deadlier than both of those?

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Why don't you post in there somewhere that a knife is deadlier than a gun and a black belt in Kempo is deadlier than both of those?

Oh hush you.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Well, you could always start trying to talk the girlfriends of other guys in the guild to move across half a dozen states to live with you.
    One girl in my ex-guild slept with 3 guildies.

She wasn't even pretty. :?

Aldo on
  • Options
    edited April 2007

Sex for gold?

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited April 2007

Within the effective range of a knife, I would personally find the knife a lot scarier than a gun.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    edited April 2007

Heh. Potions. Even worse (read: much, much, much, much, much worse) than leveling in EQ were tradeskills. I think my character has his 5th or 6th level prayer shawl and that's more or less where I gave the fuck up on the game altogether. Potion-making in EQ is nowhere near as easy as it is in WoW. Or at least it wasn't when I played.

Drez on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Sex for gold?
    The first one was her boyfriend, he got her hopelessly addicted and sponsored her on the early levels. After that... No idea. She had a few k gold at one point in time. Maybe she had to give the guys gold...

Aldo on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Within the effective range of a knife, I would personally find the knife a lot scarier than a gun.
    Post it in there! It's like a tradition or something. And then put together a list of the guns you own, the guns you'd like to own, the martial arts you've mastered, maybe a little anecdote that involves you kicking ass, and finish it off by calling the practitioners of some other martial art queers.

Those threads are the awesome.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    edited April 2007

She wanted to touch their epic weapons.

Drez on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Heh. Potions. Even worse (read: much, much, much, much, much worse) than leveling in EQ were tradeskills. I think my character has his 5th or 6th level prayer shawl and that's more or less where I gave the fuck up on the game altogether. Potion-making in EQ is nowhere near as easy as it is in WoW. Or at least it wasn't when I played.
    Man I'm like a fucking ex-alchoholic with WoW. Even hearing about that shit pisses me off now.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Post it in there! It's like a tradition or something. And then put together a list of the guns you own, the guns you'd like to own, the martial arts you've mastered, maybe a little anecdote that involves you kicking ass, and finish it off by calling the practitioners of some other martial art queers.

Those threads are the awesome.

Gun kata.

Drez on
  • Options
    edited April 2007

Heh. Funny story about that... I've hit 20 about 4 times, on different chars. After 20, it turns into a huge drag for me. Don't know why...

Me Too! on
This discussion has been closed.