As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Chat]edy!

2»

• Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    _J_ wrote: »
    Podly wrote: »
    Neitzche is definitely performative, and since he was a quasi-relativist, it's going to be possible to make anything resembling a coherent presentation of his thought. But that's part of the genius of his work, the performative contextualizing of his "truth."

I don't know if it is genius or crazy.

There's the interpretation that Nietzsche is demonstrating the impossibility of crafting a coherent position by giving contradictory arguments. The problem is I do not think there a virtue in writing as much as he did just to say "Dudes, shit be relative."

If he had one coherent idea to articulate one would think that he could, you know, coherently articulate it.

If i write "contradictions occur" is that less compelling than writing something contradictory?

Well Neitzche was writing at the beginning of the the german positivist movement, so it was pretty necessary that he argue for relativism over and over and over again. Also, my understanding is that each book gets more spinozafied -- that with each book, he goes further towards a metaphysics in which Will is Being and each individuation is will willing itself as a mode of its will.

Or something like that. I have no clue what exactly "will" is in 19th century German Philosophy, because it sure as hell ain't volition.

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Feral wrote: »
    Wait, Bob and japan are engaged?

Well, congratufuckinglations!

Thank you.

He proposed after Christmas diner.

It was the best Christmas ever.

BobCesca on
  • Options
    TaranisTaranis Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Greeper wrote: »
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Hypothetical.

if I dropped a 1920s gun, like an SAA or a Thompson into a lake... how fucked would it be?

It depends on how much water exposure there is. Brief exposure to water can cause rust on some parts. Prolonged exposure can cause a little more. If it's been taken care of, then some anti-rust agents will have been in place in the barrel. You may have to check and keep an eye on some of the internal parts. If it's a Thompson (which is a very different gun then the SAA) then most likely it's an NFA registered piece. I have no idea what the current prices for them would be but it would be in the ball park of a decent car.

My bad, I didn't explain things clearly at all. I'm gamemastering a pulp Cthulhu game for some guys set in the 20s and there's a very real chance they're going to get dumped in a lake and I wanted to know if their guns would be still in working order.

They would still function. Water won't adversely affect a weapon's functionality until it's started to rust, which can take a while (several hours) given that almost all weapons have a fair amount of bluing on their internal components.

Fine sand would fuck up a firearm more than water (only in scenarios where the exposure is brief and the weapon is cleaned eventually). You're really not going to find many scenarios that would prevent a revolver from functioning though. If you want the environment to affect their weapons give them automatics, not revolvers. The 1911 and C96 would fit the just as easily, and would be more affected by the environment.

Taranis on
    EH28YFo.jpg
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    YAAAAAAAAAAY CESCA YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    edited December 2009

Not real until I see pics of ring.

Kagera on
    My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    yalborapyalborap Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    so the wet gun = no work stuff pretty much ended the moment we stopped using wheelocks?

Good to konw.

That was pretty much the reason FOR the wheellock design, so yes.

Tonight did not go so hot.

yalborap on
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009

That sure is something

TL DR on
  • Options
    monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    BobCesca wrote: »
    Good morning [chat].

How are we this Boxing Day?

Posting in the wrong [chat].

moniker on
  • Options
    BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Kagera wrote: »

p1010051y.jpg

BobCesca on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    so the wet gun = no work stuff pretty much ended the moment we stopped using wheelocks?

Good to konw.

Pretty much. The casing is brass and the bullet itself is lead. The seal between those two is pretty tight. Some guns are more finicky then others of course but the two you listed are fairly robust.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Both the video from Feral and the OP are hella lame.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    It [was] kwissmuss

Am I the only one who finds this child to be ugly as sin?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujZsFOGT-Ko

RonaldoTheGypsy on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited December 2009

Thank you.

He proposed after Christmas diner.

It was the best Christmas ever.

Congrats!

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Kagera wrote: »

[.IMG]gorgeous[/IMG]

Baz-owned.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Thanatos wrote: »
    Both the video from Feral and the OP are hella lame.

From you that's an honor.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    GreeperGreeper Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    that's such a lizard ring.

Greeper on
This discussion has been closed.