As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

christmas in the ER (gross pictures on page 11)

• KazhiimKazhiim __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2009
    I was climbing up some wooden stairs once, slipped, and hit the middle of my calf on the edge of a step

didn't think much of it until a few hours later when I took off my pants to go to bed and OH MY GOD WHY IS THERE BLOOD EVERYWHERE?

Kazhiim on
    lost_sig2.png
  • Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    gunna let you in on a little secret: bones heal, chicks dig scars and America has the best nurse to stuntman ratio in the world

I appreciate this

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I got a new knife set for Christmas. Totally going to cut something off :(

Also my cat scratched me when I was back home for Christmas because he is a dick.

Artreus on
    http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
    edited December 2009
    I don't know how I can hurt myself on my presents

I guess I could try and slice the webs between my fingers with an itunes card

Kazhiim on
    lost_sig2.png
  • TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Kazhiim wrote: »
    I was climbing up some wooden stairs once, slipped, and hit the middle of my calf on the edge of a step

didn't think much of it until a few hours later when I took off my pants to go to bed and OH MY GOD WHY IS THERE BLOOD EVERYWHERE?

Congratulation! You're a woman!

TheStig on
    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
    edited December 2009
    it ended up healing over the scab so there's still this weird brown splotch on my calf

shut up jerk

Kazhiim on
    lost_sig2.png
  • MulysaSemproniusMulysaSempronius but also susie nyRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I have a liver tumor dying off in my abdomen

MulysaSempronius on
    If that's all there is my friends, then let's keep dancing
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    oh dang, I'm grossing myself out just thinking about your zombie finger!

my dad did something like this to his right index finger with a motorcycle chain once

he said the end of his finger looked like when you pick a raspberry off the vine

Centipede Damascus on
  • Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009

at least it's dying

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    well on the bright side the pinky is the least useful finger

at worst WaM's gonna have some trouble drinking tea properly or maybe playing guitar hero

TheySlashThem on
  • jwalkjwalk Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    My brother inlaw gave my mom a set of Wustof knives with the instructions USE WITH EXTREME CARE written on the box in very large lettering.. she's notorious for chopping off fingers, arms, heads etc... with those damn things.

She's got that beat though... One christmas when I was a kid, after opening all our gifts, the family went for a walk with the dogs, my mother wearing her new jacket. One of the dogs saw a squirrel or something and bolted off, pulling my mother straight down on her face, her 2 front teeth chipped off on the sidewalk... and tearing a couple good holes in her new jacket, among other scrapes and bruises.. the teeth was the worst though.. ouch. That was a pretty lousy f'ing christmas day for her...

jwalk on
  • Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Holy shit, I hope that heals okay.

Not nearly as impressive, but I was cutting up some foamcore and cardstock textures out to make D&D tiles, and cut my fingertip fairly deep after a while. I went to go wash up, and only then did I notice that a bunch of my fingers had little scars on them from earlier cuts.

Rear Admiral Choco on
    edited December 2009
    at least it's dying
    I was bleeding internally quite a bit until they embolized the bleeders and cut of its blood supply.

MulysaSempronius on
    edited December 2009
    at least it's dying
    I was bleeding internally quite a bit until they embolized the bleeders and cut of its blood supply.

Well shit, susie, try not dying why don't ya

<3

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
    edited December 2009
    The worst is that veal boy isn't even allowed to visit the hospital due to swine-flu bullshit.
    People over 18 get it, too!

MulysaSempronius on
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    wam plz advise

PiptheFair on
  • TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    The worst kitchen injury I had was a steam burn on my pinky. The whole thing past the knuckle turned puffy and white. It was so painful I had to lay down for a while, I felt like a big pussy for it too.

TheStig on
    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • ArangArang HUEY LEWISRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    TheStig wrote: »
    The worst kitchen injury I had was a steam burn on my pinky. The whole thing past the knuckle turned puffy and white. It was so painful I had to lay down for a while, I felt like a big pussy for it too.

look on the bright side

in only nine horrible finger burns, you'll be the perfect spy

Arang on
    thenews.jpg
    edited December 2009
    TheStig wrote: »

walk it off faggot

PiptheFair on
  • HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Until you light your hands on fire like I have multiple times at work, I don't want to hear about pinky burns. Also, getting still molten glass on your arm hurts like a motherfucker too, even after burning through your safety gear.

Hunter on
    edited December 2009
    at least it's dying

Well shit, susie, try not dying why don't ya

<3
    as long as I don't get an infection(my fever just needs to go down before they clear me)

MulysaSempronius on
  • World as MythWorld as Myth a breezy way to annoy serious people Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    wam did you get those knives on my recommendation

plz advise

oh no they were a present from my mom! she got me like 8 of em and one of those nice knife blocks that rests them horizontally

I made two incisions into the onion before slicing my finger

mom made me promise to take a knife class :(

World as Myth on
    kQwcZLJ.png
  • ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    You should get some chainmail gloves.

And some armour.

ChicoBlue on
  • redheadredhead Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I work in a kitchen sometimes so I chop onions sometimes

out of everything I chop at that job I think onions have the most potential for finger slicings

redhead on
  • AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    How terrible is it that I want to see a picture?

Aneurhythmia on
  • Zombies Tossed My Salad!Zombies Tossed My Salad! Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    My worst kitchen injury was splashing a large amount of boiling oil on my arm.

Yeah that was un fun

Zombies Tossed My Salad! on
  • mullymully Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    we've been meaning to get some good sharp knives
    i think if a knife cuts a pinky off, it's good enough to cut a butternut squash up
    i will search them out

mully on
  • TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    When I was 3 I crammed a peanut up my nose while pretending to be a dragon or something, and we had to go to the emergency room. While we were in the waiting room I sneezed and the peanut shot out onto my lap. I promptly ate the peanut.

I think it was Christmas eve.

Tonkka on
    Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I desperately need a good chef's knife. But I know my shithorse roommate would use it to clean the garbage disposal or try to sharpen it with a cinder block or something.

Aneurhythmia on
  • FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Tonkka wrote: »
    When I was 3 I crammed a peanut up my nose while pretending to be a dragon or something, and we had to go to the emergency room. While we were in the waiting room I sneezed and the peanut shot out onto my lap. I promptly ate the peanut.

I think it was Christmas eve.

haha

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • ArangArang HUEY LEWISRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I desperately need a good chef's knife. But I know my shithorse roommate would use it to clean the garbage disposal or try to sharpen it with a cinder block or something.

sounds like you know what to cut first

Arang on
    thenews.jpg
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    My sister in law is due to have a baby today

so I don't know maybe I'll go to the emergency room?

#pipe on
  • ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Bring some myrrh.

ChicoBlue on
  • fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell #BLMRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    knives are actually safer when they're sharp, so you're not struggling against some piece of flesh and end up yanking the knife into your hand or other body part.

that being said, if you're going to lop off a piece of your philanges, you might as well do it with a Wusthof.

fightinfilipino on
    ffNewSig.png
    steam | Dokkan: 868846562
  • BarcardiBarcardi All the Wizards Under A Rock: AfganistanRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    how much pinky? like an inch? 1/8 an inch? did it get reattached?

Barcardi on
    edited December 2009
    ChicoBlue wrote: »
    You should get some chainmail gloves.

And some armour.

they actually make chainmail gloves specifically for butchers, generally when working with fish

PiptheFair on
  • JigrahJigrah Registered User regular
    edited December 2009

For Christmas a few years ago I got a decent pot and pan set (the ones I had before were all gutted on the bottom etc).

One night I am walking into the kitchen as my roommate is making mac and cheese, to stir it though he is using a fork, scratching the bottom of the pan.

Roommates just don't appreciate nice things.

Jigrah on
  • World as MythWorld as Myth a breezy way to annoy serious people Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Barcardi wrote: »
    how much pinky? like an inch? 1/8 an inch? did it get reattached?

it goes from the pink part of my nail diagonally down the pad, a big ol chunk

like a quarter inch of it was flopping around I think (I couldn't look at it once it got really bloody)

and yeah they reattached it, which is why it looks like a zombie finger

World as Myth on
    kQwcZLJ.png
  • TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    My mother lost the tip of her finger to a glass vase that shattered while she was washing it. They sewed it back on and she, too, had a "white booger" for awhile until it was clear that it was way too swollen to be healthy.

As it turned out a day or so later, scar tissue had formed under the wound and was preventing it from healing properly.

She had to go back to the doctor and have the finger cut open and the scar tissue scraped out and then have the finger sewn back together or else the tip of the finger was going to die and rot.

So WaM, what I am saying is be careful with your re-attached nub. Make sure it looks like it's healing properly.

TankHammer on
  • unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    do you have to do weird pinky exercises to get it to heal properly

unintentional on