As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

For some reason War still never changes. Again.

• Synthetic OrangeSynthetic Orange Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Bring Down the Sky is free dude.

Synthetic Orange on
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited December 2009

It cost 5 bucks when it was first released.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    edited December 2009

Wait say wha?

Prohass on
  • HakuninHakunin Registered User regular
    edited December 2009

Not on the 360 it isn't.

Hakunin on
    edited December 2009
    Smart Hero wrote: »
    See now there's like the ultra edition or something that has the whole game and all the DLC and it costs the same as the regular game. How is that fair?

I swear it was 10 when it came out.

for someone who waited, awesome
    8-)

SH join me on my quest

lets do this shit

BadDudes1.png

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cold Salmon and HatredCold Salmon and Hatred __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2009
    Balefuego wrote: »
    In my infinite wisdom I have decided to get all of the DLC.

except Anchorage

zeta was way shittier than anchorage and you're missing out on a bunch of awesome weapons but w/e

Cold Salmon and Hatred on
    edited December 2009
    but I like alien ray guns

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2009
    the alien ray guns suuuck though

edited December 2009
    the alien ray guns suuuck though

LIES!

Prohass on
    edited December 2009
    oh great infinite ammo except it takes two shots to overheat it and then you wait a billion seconds for it to cool and in that time I could have gunned them all down with my terrible shotgun three times over

• Wrench N RocketsWrench N Rockets Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Real men use the sishkabob and pyromaniac perk.

Wrench N Rockets on
    sig_lambo.jpg
    edited December 2009
    oh wait was that how alien weapons went

I don't really remember its been a long time so i might be mixing it up with a different game

alien weapons did suck though outside of the blaster

• MugginsMuggins Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Anchorage is awesome if only for the fact of getting to use Power Armor practically right out of Vault 101

Muggins on
    BdVvFJu.jpg
    hey satan...: thinkgeek amazon My post |
  • UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    The Terrible Shotgun is amazing

UnbreakableVow on
    edited December 2009
    I was never a fan of Power Armour. Tho the stealth suit is outright cheating. Crouching grenade in pants deathmachine.

Prohass on
    edited December 2009
    Koshian wrote: »
    you're thinking of borderlands

oh right

whoops.jpg

• MugginsMuggins Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Prohass wrote: »
    I was never a fan of Power Armour. Tho the stealth suit is outright cheating. Crouching grenade in pants deathmachine.

It did not help me sneak into that uh..what were those mutant crab things called. Anyway it did not help me sneak in and place a camera in their egg nests.

Muggins on
    BdVvFJu.jpg
    hey satan...: thinkgeek amazon My post |
  • BoredGamerBoredGamer Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Veretas wrote: »

It did not help me sneak into that uh..what were those mutant crab things called. Anyway it did not help me sneak in and place a camera in their egg nests.

Mirelurks.

Fuck mirelurks.

BoredGamer on
  • UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I am not sure sneaking in there without alerting the Mirelurks is possible. I just straight away said fuck it and went in there with my Chinese Assault Rifle blasting apart their faces

UnbreakableVow on
    edited December 2009
    I snuck in there without alerting the mirelurks, no stealth suit or anything

8-)

• Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Fuck the haters who say Operation Anchorage sucks.

Baroque And Roll on
    2dtr87s.png
    SteamID: Baroque And Roll
  • The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    The problem with Fallout 3 is that when it comes to games like that, I'm such a packrat.

I would only ever carry the hunting rifle. I never used the alien blaster, the rockets and definitely not the fat man, except when you first get it. Because I liked having the filing cabinet in my megaton house filled with a million bullets, every possible item I ever picked up. I spent hours arranging trophies of my playtime on the shelves in there, putting the unique items all over. I took the evil path with the lincoln quest just so I could have his hat and all the other museum trinkets inside my shack. I didn't craft nuka cola bombs so I could stack dozens of quantum bottles in the corner.

Fallout 3 completely became this OCD nightmare for me. Where every unique item, every named gun and all the bullets and missiles and boxes of food in the whole fucking wasteland had to be stored, catalogued and filed away back at home base just so that I could save and turn off my PC.

The whole repair system made this ten times worse, because seeing bars that said 91/100 is something I just can't handle. They never made it to full either. Ever. That killed it.

The game was amazingly fun. As people have said, Broken Steel is practically required and certainly the best, Point Lookout and The Pitt are the others worth having. Anchorage and Zeta are bad and not worth it even for the items. My favourite was the Pitt, mainly because I consider Broken Steel to be - at this point - part of the main canon game it's so important.

The_Scarab on
    edited December 2009
    ALRIGHT MY SHIT IS DOWNLOADED HERE I GO

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Wrench N RocketsWrench N Rockets Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    The_Scarab wrote: »
    The problem with Fallout 3 is that when it comes to games like that, I'm such a packrat.

I would only ever carry the hunting rifle. I never used the alien blaster, the rockets and definitely not the fat man, except when you first get it. Because I liked having the filing cabinet in my megaton house filled with a million bullets, every possible item I ever picked up. I spent hours arranging trophies of my playtime on the shelves in there, putting the unique items all over. I took the evil path with the lincoln quest just so I could have his hat and all the other museum trinkets inside my shack. I didn't craft nuka cola bombs so I could stack dozens of quantum bottles in the corner.

Fallout 3 completely became this OCD nightmare for me. Where every unique item, every named gun and all the bullets and missiles and boxes of food in the whole fucking wasteland had to be stored, catalogued and filed away back at home base just so that I could save and turn off my PC.

The whole repair system made this ten times worse, because seeing bars that said 91/100 is something I just can't handle. They never made it to full either. Ever. That killed it.

The game was amazingly fun. As people have said, Broken Steel is practically required and certainly the best, Point Lookout and The Pitt are the others worth having. Anchorage and Zeta are bad and not worth it even for the items. My favourite was the Pitt, mainly because I consider Broken Steel to be - at this point - part of the main canon game it's so important.

I set off a mini-nuke in my megaton house just to see what kind of a mess I could make.

Wrench N Rockets on
    sig_lambo.jpg
  • TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I'm on my second play-through as of yet.

Tonkka on
    Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • SpacehogSpacehog Registered User regular
    edited December 2009

I set off a mini-nuke in my megaton house just to see what kind of a mess I could make.

Wish i could do it at Scarab's megaton house, just to see what he would do.

Spacehog on
  • FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    A friend of mine decided to cure his Fallout 3 addiction by 'loaning' me his copy on 360 along with his expansion pack disc. So I have an essentially time unlimited free version of this.

I'm just not sure I care enough to play. I mean, I guess I should give it a go, right? But so far I find myself unable to muster the interest to even complete the chargen and tutorial sections.

Someone help sell me on this.

Fishman on
    X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009

Oh, man. I haven't touched this game since my initial playthrough and I had completely forgotten that you could plant grenades on people by sneaking around combat zones. Now it's all flooding back to me and I need to play again.

Is there a bundle of all the DLC that I can pick up on the cheap? I've looked through Steam and all I can find is the GotY edition, which sort of sucks for folks who preordered the damn game.

Jedoc on
    GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Man I may have to start playing this again. It's the only game I've ever played where you can just pick a direction and wander towards it and have just as much fun as actually following quests.

Cilla Black on
  • KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    All I remember of this game is that once I got my house I proceeded to throw every bundle of "pre war money" I could find onto my bed.

120 hours later, it nearly reached the ceiling.

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • DsmartDsmart Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I hate this game

Dsmart on
  • 101101 Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Man I may have to start playing this again. It's the only game I've ever played where you can just pick a direction and wander towards it and have just as much fun as actually following quests.

Which makes sticking to a quest tough.

The quest is just over this - hey whats that over there?

101 on
  • LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    101 wrote: »

Which makes sticking to a quest tough.

The quest is just over this - hey whats that over there?

I know what you mean, I was level 13 before i handled everything in Megaton.

Another fun thing to do, jump off the top of Tenpenny Tower and use the MIRV to make some extreme rocket jumps and see how high you go.

Lasbrook on
  • TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I beat Fallout 3 and got to max level (post Broken Steel) and I still haven't done Point Lookout or Mothership Zeta. They're downloaded but I didn't see much point in taking my wasteland god on those missions when the best I'd get would be new weapons and maybe some armor.

I started a new character so I could do evil stuff (also female stuff) but I didn't go far with her before putting the game down for Arkham Asylum, Modern Warfare 2, Fable 2 (which I only recently bought used) and like an hour of Left 4 Dead 2 on the 360 before I shelved it for some later date.

I oughta' get back to that.

TankHammer on
  • The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Spacehog wrote: »

Wish i could do it at Scarab's megaton house, just to see what he would do.

It would probably crash your game, from all of the explosions.

zkpuh2.jpg

The_Scarab on
  • Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    scarab you have mental problems

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • ZephosZephos Climbin in yo ski lifts, snatchin your people up. MichiganRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    If you own this on the 360 all the DLC is only 400 Microsoft fun bucks or 5 real dollars as opposed to the normal 800 points or 10 bucks.

This is obviously the case because I finally broke down and bought Mothership Zeta last night for the full price.

It is today only though, part of their holiday sales.

Zephos on
    Xbox One/360: Penguin McCool
    edited December 2009
    Zephos wrote: »
    If you own this on the 360 all the DLC is only 400 Microsoft fun bucks or 5 real dollars as opposed to the normal 800 points or 10 bucks.

This is obviously the case because I finally broke down and bought Mothership Zeta last night for the full price.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME

I JUST BOUGHT THEM ALL LAST NIGHT AAAHAHAHJFGKHGFKJHBKJHBKFKLDF

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    now you can get operation anchorage for half price

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • ZephosZephos Climbin in yo ski lifts, snatchin your people up. MichiganRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Balefuego wrote: »
    Zephos wrote: »

ARE YOU KIDDING ME

I JUST BOUGHT THEM ALL LAST NIGHT AAAHAHAHJFGKHGFKJHBKJHBKFKLDF

yeah, it sucks. Moreso for you though.

I wound up getting the other 4 for free though, bought the Disks used from gamestop, installed them, then returned them per their policy of accepting returns on used games within a week.

so i dont feel so bad paying 10 bucks for all 5 of em.

Zephos on
    Xbox One/360: Penguin McCool