As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Chat] of the Martyrs

• WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    _J_ wrote: »
    Aegis wrote: »
    Release

The

Kraken!

I saw the trailer for this when seeing Avatar. It hit every note for 'This movie is going to be a trainwreck', but I just can't look away.

I'm just happy that a kraken is released.

Are you guys talking about the new PotC movie?

Winky on
  • Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Irond Will wrote: »
    i'm here will!

How long are you around?

I am off this entire week. Frankie has to work, but I am available if you have some time. You still have my phone number, right?

I don't, I got a new phone but my number is the same. And I'm here until the 2nd, although I might try go to NYC for new years

Casual Eddy on
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited December 2009
    My parents, as a stocking stuffer, got me gelt for Christmas.

I'm not quite sure what to make of it.

I had to look this up. Is that what this is? Shit, my nonna fills every card she ever sends to me with money, I thought it was commonplace and not an actually named practice.

No, I mean the chocolate coins that Jewish kids use to play dreidel with.

My parents used to stuff stockings with that all the time. I don't even think they thought anything of it.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited December 2009

I had to look this up. Is that what this is? Shit, my nonna fills every card she ever sends to me with money, I thought it was commonplace and not an actually named practice.

eat it.

Dunadan019 on
  • Premier kakosPremier kakos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2009
    i'm here will!

How long are you around?

I am off this entire week. Frankie has to work, but I am available if you have some time. You still have my phone number, right?

Hey... hey. When the fuck you coming to CO? Also, if you say you were in CO for Christmas, I will kick your punk ass.

Premier kakos on
    edited December 2009

You ever get the feeling your family was hoping you'd turn out Jewish?

Winky on
  • AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009

...Oh. I read the wiki article and it told me it had something to do with giving money to kids, typically in coins.

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2009
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    well i know that

but asking "why do that this perplexes me" is a bit useless cause you know

religion

Right, but if fearless leader told them to jump off a bridge they would be all "nuts to you!"

But when fearless leader says "hit yourself" they say "duh ok!"

That perplexes me.

_J_ on
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited December 2009
    i'm here will!

How long are you around?

I don't, I got a new phone but my number is the same. And I'm here until the 2nd, although I might try go to NYC for new years

Cool man let's get dinner or go drinking or something. I just got back from NY today, so I need to unpack and clean up at least some tomorrow, but should otherwise be basically free.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
    edited December 2009
    My little cousin got the most horrible Christmas gift ever: diagnosed with muscular dystrophy! Merry fucking Christmas! Remember, Jesus loves you!

Premier kakos on
    edited December 2009

...Oh. I read the wiki article and it told me it had something to do with giving money to kids, typically in coins.

You didn't read to the part where they eat them.

Winky on
  • Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Winky wrote: »
    Release

The

Kraken!

I saw the trailer for this when seeing Avatar. It hit every note for 'This movie is going to be a trainwreck', but I just can't look away.

Clash of the Titans remake

Dunadan019 on
  • HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    not everyone would say nuts to you at that

Hakkekage on
    3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
    edited December 2009
    Release

The

Kraken!

The titans thing.

_J_ on
    edited December 2009
    well i know that

but asking "why do that this perplexes me" is a bit useless cause you know

religion

Right, but if fearless leader told them to jump off a bridge they would be all "nuts to you!"

But when fearless leader says "hit yourself" they say "duh ok!"

That perplexes me.

No, I'm pretty sure that if fearless leader told them to jump off a bridge they'd do that too.

Winky on
    edited December 2009
    i'm here will!

How long are you around?

Hey... hey. When the fuck you coming to CO? Also, if you say you were in CO for Christmas, I will kick your punk ass.

I was in New York. I will be in CO early this summer I think. We're going to be renting a cabin in Estes Park for a few days but will hopefully have a little time before or after that I could hit Boulder with my ladyfriend.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
    edited December 2009
    not everyone would say nuts to you at that

Right, and some people wear tinfoil hats.

We aren't talking about the crazies when we assess acts with regard to reasonable ation.

_J_ on
    edited December 2009
    kinda the whole point about martyrdom and stuff

Hakkekage on
    edited December 2009
    i'm here will!

How long are you around?

I was in New York. I will be in CO early this summer I think. We're going to be renting a cabin in Estes Park for a few days but will hopefully have a little time before or after that I could hit Boulder with my ladyfriend.

Sure you don't want to share a cabin with me? :winky:

Premier kakos on
  • AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009

You didn't read to the part where they eat them.

This is clearly indicative that whomever moved the practice from money to chocolate was a man. How else are we getting from 'religious observance passed down amongst families for generations' to 'you know what would really make this better? If you could eat it!'.

Aegis on
    Characters
    edited December 2009
    yeah this is an absolutely pointless discussion to have with you J

Hakkekage on
    edited December 2009
    sure! I got pretty much nothin to do.

Casual Eddy on
    edited December 2009
    i'm here will!

How long are you around?

I think that it would make my ladyfriend uncomfortable.

I am only guessing.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
    edited December 2009

Again, that they do it does not make it reasonable.

They're crazy.

I don't care how many times fearless leader tells them that moose and squirrel are in that airplane, it's still stupid for them to blow it up.

_J_ on
    edited December 2009
    i'm here will!

How long are you around?

I am only guessing.

She can't get in the way of our love! But if you can't find time to hit Boulder, I can come up to Estes.

Premier kakos on
    edited December 2009

It's only pointless if you disagree with me.

And if you disagree with me I'm not sure what to do, except to try to get you to think i'm fearless leader, because then i can control you like a puppet.

_J_ on
    edited December 2009
    So Avatar is definitely worth watching at one of the 3D theaters.

Even though it is kind of stupid in some ways and disappointing in some ways. It is really a lot of fun to watch.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Don't you just love it when you think you were working past something, and then it turns out that you've worked past jack-fucking-shit?

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited December 2009

Again, that they do it does not make it reasonable.

They're crazy.

I don't care how many times fearless leader tells them that moose and squirrel are in that airplane, it's still stupid for them to blow it up.

Good job _J_.

You've cracked the code.

Quid on
    edited December 2009

It's only pointless if you disagree with me.

And if you disagree with me I'm not sure what to do, except to try to get you to think i'm fearless leader, because then i can control you like a puppet.

This is not how religion works.

Aegis on
    Characters
    edited December 2009
    i'm here will!

How long are you around?

I am only guessing.

She can't get in the way of our love! But if you can't find time to hit Boulder, I can come up to Estes.

Cool man I will drop you and CC the details when they are decided.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
    edited December 2009
    My little cousin got the most horrible Christmas gift ever: diagnosed with muscular dystrophy! Merry fucking Christmas! Remember, Jesus loves you!

Was it in his stocking or under the tree?

_J_ on
    edited December 2009

Yeah well at least it's not socks.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited December 2009

I'm sure Aegeri could hook you up with some stem cells.

electricitylikesme on
    edited December 2009

Or coal. Or coal in socks.

Aegis on
    Characters
    edited December 2009

Even though it is kind of stupid in some ways and disappointing in some ways. It is really a lot of fun to watch.

I saw it in 3-D. I'm not sure if 3D made a difference.

TO compare i need to see it in 2D, but i don't want to fucking watch it again. Because if I watch it again then i'll definately scream at the audience for being shitheads.

_J_ on
  • QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited December 2009

Or coal. Or coal in socks.

Like anyone on this board wouldn't like rocks that can burn.

Quid on
    edited December 2009

_J_ on
    edited December 2009

better not say it was flawed in the avatar thread

Casual Eddy on
    edited December 2009
    Okay I'm beat. Night, D&D

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
This discussion has been closed.