As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

christmas in the ER (gross pictures on page 11)

• BarcardiBarcardi All the Wizards Under A Rock: AfganistanRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    those stitches suck, you had an intern, but it looks to be healing nice. hope they gave you some painkillers.

Barcardi on
  • World as MythWorld as Myth a breezy way to annoy serious people Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Theidar wrote: »
    cadmunky wrote: »
    ahmg, what in the hell. that looks painful as shit. i hope they numbed you from the shoulder down when they repeatedly stuck that needle in your fingertip.

i've jammed a chef knife into the web between my thumb and forefinger, about an inch deep. didn't feel a thing, but watching in shock as the skin opened up like a blooming flower and the blood.....

you know what? never mind. hope you feel better WaM.

yeah, it's incredible to observe how your mind and body behave when you injure yourself! this is my first major injury of any kind and it's totally a lame one

but yeah, they numbed my finger up pretty good before they stitched it back on. the numbing process was the worst part. I have about twelve tiny dots around the base of my finger where they injected the anesthetic, and every time they did it it felt like a tiny fishing hook dragging my entire finger away

seriously, the worst part

12? It should have only taken 4 to block the whole finger.

yeah, she tried to do it with 4, but I could still feel half of my finger and I really did not want to feel anything at all

maybe she was an intern, but whatevs

World as Myth on
    kQwcZLJ.png
  • NogsNogs Crap, crap, mega crap. Crap, crap, mega crap.Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    i was taking apart an old computer once and the hard drive wouldn't come out

after jerking it around a bit it flew out and i ended up putting a rather small gash on my thumb knuckle.

it bled a lot

but now i have a scar shaped like an L and that is the first letter of my girlfriends name so it is all DESTINY

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
    PARKER, YOU'RE FIRED! <-- My comic book podcast! Satan look here!
    edited December 2009
    that or im a loser

one of those

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
  • LemmingLemming Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    cadmunky wrote: »
    ahmg, what in the hell. that looks painful as shit. i hope they numbed you from the shoulder down when they repeatedly stuck that needle in your fingertip.

i've jammed a chef knife into the web between my thumb and forefinger, about an inch deep. didn't feel a thing, but watching in shock as the skin opened up like a blooming flower and the blood.....

you know what? never mind. hope you feel better WaM.

yeah, it's incredible to observe how your mind and body behave when you injure yourself! this is my first major injury of any kind and it's totally a lame one

but yeah, they numbed my finger up pretty good before they stitched it back on. the numbing process was the worst part. I have about twelve tiny dots around the base of my finger where they injected the anesthetic, and every time they did it it felt like a tiny fishing hook dragging my entire finger away

seriously, the worst part

It really is. I cut up my left thumb pretty good on two different occasions and had to get stitches. It's horrible because it's not just one awful shot, it's several, and it just hurts more and more. It's not even like a regular shot, you can just feel the shit they inject swelling up your fingertip and it feels likes it's going to explode. Ugh. Horrible.

Lemming on
  • OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2009
    the only time i had to get stitches was when i was less than an inch away from opening up my femoral artery and doing a fire hydrant imitation

good times, good times

Orikaeshigitae on
  • unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    what exactly is a "fire hydrant imitation"

was it like:

LOOK AT ME! I AM A FIRE HYDRANT!

unintentional on
    edited December 2009
    my back yard when i was a kid was a big hill that turned into someone else's backyard at the bottom.

like it was the back of their house and they had a picnic table and everything back there

so one year we were sledding

and whoops ramming my head into the picnic table

8 stitches i think, still got the indent on my head.

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
    edited December 2009
    maybe thats why i cant doodle

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
  • fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell #BLMRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    i imagine it to be like standing on a city sidewalk during a hot summer day doing your best to spray all the little children running back and forth to cool them off.

only you're spraying them with liters of blood and you run out after like five minutes.

fightinfilipino on
    ffNewSig.png
    steam | Dokkan: 868846562
  • UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009

was it like:

I think it's when you spray blood in a manner not unlike a hydrant spraying water.

UnbrokenEva on
  • unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    oh it was an expression

unintentional on
    edited December 2009
    also, one time we were playing soccer in gym class

i went to kick the ball

so did this other kid

but he missed and kicked my foot

specifically my big toe knuckle

i walked on it and limped for a month before i finally went to a doctor

the knuckle was crushed

they had to go in and take it out bit by bit and replace it with a metal knuckle.

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
    edited December 2009
    i missed halloween that year

my friend came over briefly and i dont remember it

but there is a picture of me looking totally coked out because of drugs in my bed and all my friends in costumes standing around me

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
    edited December 2009

was it like:

the inside of your thigh looks a lot like steak

Orikaeshigitae on
  • TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Nogs wrote: »

i went to kick the ball

so did this other kid

the knuckle was crushed

they had to go in and take it out bit by bit and replace it with a metal knuckle.

Holy shit yes.

Tonkka on
    Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • GafotoGafoto Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I've never had to get stitches. I feel like I'm due for doing something dumb as shit though.

Gafoto on
    sierracrest.jpg
    edited December 2009
    i've only gotten stitches for when i had my wisdom teeth removed, and that was all done on my rear gums while i was under general anesthesia.

the mere idea of having a person take a needle and thread to my skin almost makes me retch.

fightinfilipino on
    ffNewSig.png
  • RubberACRubberAC Sidney BC!Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I got stitches as a kid when i cut my finger with a kitchen knife.... cutting firewood.
    we were hilariously stupid children

RubberAC on
    edited December 2009
    RubberAC wrote: »
    I got stitches as a kid when i cut my finger with a kitchen knife.... cutting firewood.
    we were hilariously stupid children

this is something our gene pool could really do without :rotate:

fightinfilipino on
    ffNewSig.png
    edited December 2009
    hey man
    we needed kindling alright
    we didn't have a hatchet
    but we did have kitchen knives and hammers

RubberAC on
    edited December 2009
    were they Wusthof knives?

fightinfilipino on
    ffNewSig.png
  • the cheatthe cheat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2009
    i got stitches in the back of my throat once. made me hack up blood.

the cheat on
    tKfL2Yd.png?1
    edited December 2009
    oh wait, i got stitches when i cut my knuckle with a hacksaw

narrowly missed severing the tendon! i could see it though

they look like rice noodles covered in blood

i've been very lucky and apparently very hungry in my accidents

Orikaeshigitae on
    edited December 2009
    no it was a really really dull knife
    im surprised it went all the way to the bone
    if it was a Wusthof i probably would have lost my finger.

RubberAC on
    edited December 2009
    Orikae, do you have random cravings for the brains of others, y/n?

fightinfilipino on
    ffNewSig.png
    edited December 2009
    Oh also one time I was at a party with my cousin and his friend
    and this guy just starts handing out these knives to everybody
    (he had like, this really expensive ridiculous knife collection)
    so our buddy, drunk as fuck, has this huge bowie knife and he starts hacking at this tree with it
    all of a sudden we hear
    "shit
    shit
    i think
    i think i shanked myself"
    This guy has managed to shank himself in the thigh attacking a tree, and is bleeding everywhere.
    Cue my cousin picking him up, and running him to the hospital. ( it was a REALLY small town)

RubberAC on
  • TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    When I was a kid of say, 6 or so, I stepped on a rake in order to determine whether it would hit me in the head or not, as portrayed in Tom & Jerry cartoons. Smart, I know, but I was a kid and the TV made me do it.

I was barefoot.

It was a metal rake with the big curved teeth. Not like a leaf rake, but like for moving dirt around in the garden.

So I step on the dirty metal rake as hard as i can and watch for the end of the handle to come flying towards my face. The handles pops up an inch or two, and I look down at my foot, puzzled as to why the experiment didn't achieve the desired results.

I start screaming.

I managed to cut a huge gash in the skin between first and second toes. With a dirty metal rake.

My mom, who was about five feet behind me, gardening at the time, immediately jumps into action and gets me inside, cleans the wound, does some quick bandaging, and sets me up on the couch with my foot elevated so she can change her clothes befor driving me to the ER.

When she returns she tells me that it's time to go to the hospital and I need to get up. I was apparently in a bit of shock, because I told her to go with out me and I would be fine right there on the couch.

My mom tries to stifle a laugh and gets my step-father to carry me out to the car.

I got a bunch of stitches, but I don't remember much.

Dumb kid.

Tonkka on
    Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • MaceraMacera UGH GODDAMMIT STOP ENJOYING THINGSRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Man, all you people are carving yourselves up like turkeys

This indicates severe psychological issues

Macera on
    xet8c.gif
    edited December 2009
    hahahaahahahahahaahhahahaa

RubberAC on
    edited December 2009
    i cut myself on christmas trying to juggle my dad's new knife set
    it wasn't bad though
    I just looked around and went
    "anyone wanna be blood brothers?....
    now's your chance!"

RubberAC on
    edited December 2009
    this should be the theme song for this thread

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrERtikdPus

fightinfilipino on
    ffNewSig.png
  • RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I used to have a glass plate to use as a light table

one time I set it on the ground and forgot about it

and then stepped on it

and several pieces of glass went into my foot

I removed most of them but one was worked under the skin and being pigheaded I never told anyone so I just ignored it

the skin grew over it but I could still see it under the skin

every few days I would check on it and it faded and faded an faded and then was gone

so either I dissolved a piece of glass or there's a 1 inch square piece of glass in my left foot to this day

Raneados on
  • MaceraMacera UGH GODDAMMIT STOP ENJOYING THINGSRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I was just about to post about the time I stepped on a pencil and the tip broke off in my heel but then Rane posts that

Macera on
    xet8c.gif
    edited December 2009
    One day you will be saved from death by that piece of glass rane

RubberAC on
  • RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    man how baller would it be if the glass in my foot deflects a bullet

Raneados on
    edited December 2009
    also me and almost all my friends have various pieces of pencil lead stuck in our bodies from having pencil duels

i figured it wasn't really that big a deal

Eagerly awaiting the day Rane kicks a bullet

RubberAC on
  • L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Nogs wrote: »

i went to kick the ball

so did this other kid

the knuckle was crushed

I had this as goalie except with my hand. The fat piece of shit fractured my pinkie on my right hand and my teacher told me to keep writing with it. Went to the hospital later that day and for some reason they gave me a cast up to my elbow, which made the teacher feel really bad the next day which in turn made me happy.
    also me and almost all my friends have various pieces of pencil lead stuck in our bodies from having pencil duels

guy I know has a big chunk just sitting in his palm from when he was like 10

L|ama on
  • mullymully Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Tonkka wrote: »
    When I was a kid of say, 6 or so, I stepped on a rake in order to determine whether it would hit me in the head or not, as portrayed in Tom & Jerry cartoons. Smart, I know, but I was a kid and the TV made me do it.

I was barefoot.

It was a metal rake with the big curved teeth. Not like a leaf rake, but like for moving dirt around in the garden.

So I step on the dirty metal rake as hard as i can and watch for the end of the handle to come flying towards my face. The handles pops up an inch or two, and I look down at my foot, puzzled as to why the experiment didn't achieve the desired results.

I start screaming.

I managed to cut a huge gash in the skin between first and second toes. With a dirty metal rake.

My mom, who was about five feet behind me, gardening at the time, immediately jumps into action and gets me inside, cleans the wound, does some quick bandaging, and sets me up on the couch with my foot elevated so she can change her clothes befor driving me to the ER.

When she returns she tells me that it's time to go to the hospital and I need to get up. I was apparently in a bit of shock, because I told her to go with out me and I would be fine right there on the couch.

My mom tries to stifle a laugh and gets my step-father to carry me out to the car.

I got a bunch of stitches, but I don't remember much.

Dumb kid.

Same thing kind of happened to me, but ... opposite.

I DIDN'T mean to step on it - but I did - and it swung up and hit me, then it fell down and I tripped over it and fell right on top of it.

Doctors said I was very close to having a lung punctured. Missed narrowly, hoorah for luck.

I got my tetanus shot that day.

mully on
  • L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I jumped over a creek and onto a place where I didn't notice there had been something burnt. Something with nails in it. One went into my foot a wee bit, didn't really hurt much, my tetanus shot was recent enough and any hospital was too far away that we trusted it for then and went out boating on a lake for a bit. Trying to talk when you're going fairly fast and have to do more work with your mouth muscles makes them feel tired and your jaw harder to open, which made for a very worried llama. I didn't end up dying though so I think it ended up alright.

L|ama on